Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? (11137 Views)

Is Inter-religion Marriage A Sin? / Global Prophet Opens Another Inter-denominational Parish In Ikeja / Gboko City 3 Days Inter-denominational Independence Crusade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by paulynpen(m): 12:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
niyi20:

You are right dear .I attend RCCG too but have seen a female friend who attends deeper life trying to get married to a Redeem brother it wasn't easy at all....
Most pastor now see church as a competition while they have forgotten the sole aim of CHURCH
You are very quick to throw stones but what happens if a Catholic brother want to marry a redeem sister? I have an experience back in school where a redeem sister told a guy asking her out that before she say anything he must come see her pastor who must approve of the relationship, we are not talking about about marriage here but courtship, only God knows the condition when it comes to wedding may its the GO that will approve of it. The bottom line is that no church will just release its member without conditions and most often the intending couples are wrong in their approach. They often come with a made up mind trying to tell the church what it should be using their church as a yardstick. Its not done. You want to tell me that before you get to this point of wedding you never care about possible obstacles from mixed marriage try to learn the doctrines of each others church? Then what have you been doing? Praying? If this is true then the marriage is bond to have issues because there must be conflicts of doctrines. Intending couples must look beyond wedding

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Luckygurl(f): 12:34pm On Sep 24, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

Some of your stories are false, misleading or fishy. Many things don't just add up. I also attend RCCG but my parents and siblings (most of whom are now married in that church now) still attend Deeperlife.
Deeperlife has the strictest and most formal marriage process in any church in Nigeria. They introduced medical tests before other churches recently started following suit.
There are other formalities in Deeperlife wedding, that includes at least six months mandatory courtship during which couples are expected to maintain strict decorum. Precisely, you shouldn't "sample" each other, not even inappropriate touching. Also, you're expected to report periodically to a marriage committee who will advise and guide you throughout the courtship.
Ask your friend if he has complied accordingly. I'm certain DLBC marry out their daughters to other churches. But you have to do it as they do it. If he has played by the rules, there's nothing stopping him from asking the church why he's being delayed. This is why I said your post is fishy.

You're absolutely right.
Everything you said applies. The guy isn't supposed to propose to the lady just like that, he has to go through his pastor and the marriage committee. And if you go ahead to propose to her before meeting the MC, you'll be served with discipline.
Of recent, they lifted a ban on the compulsory six months courtship though. It could span for a period of two months if that's what the intending couples want.

One thing you and I know is this, deeper life parents find it hard to give their consent to inter-denominational Union. Infact, it's like an unwritten rule amongst them. This could be a reason for the delay.
My best friend recently got married to an Anglican and my mum was throwing subtle jabs on how I dare not tow that path.
I was just laughing deep within me cos I know when my time comes, I'd care less on whether he's a deeper lifer or not, the crucial thing here is if he's a practising christain who really loves God not some denominational thing.
It might be a tug of war convincing them anyway but eventually they'll have to give in.

Don't rule out church politics in this scenario. Cases they won't want the marriage to happen cos he's of a different denomination but at the same time they're sending the deeper life brothers to come and propose. I experienced this first hand, not like I heard it from somewhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Acer123: 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2017

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tosyne2much(m): 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
yeyerolling:
no sir. Be e dey pain me. Naso my padi 4 yr relationship scatter o. D babe mama go meet olusho sad grin
The rate at which these Olushos destroy people marriages and homes is very alarming. The moment they see you're gullible, they take advantage of you by their incessant prophesies cheesy
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tosyne2much(m): 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
slydog:

But will they allow one marry catholic?
You mean Deeper Life or Redeem?
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Luckygurl(f): 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
Acer123:
I'm presently going through the same thing as the OP. My fiance is not deeper life. The frustration is out of this world. We have resolved to leave them jejely and marry elsewhere. Those saying the op must have done some things to cause the delay, I tell you , she didn't do nothing! It's deeper life's way to delay intending couples from different denominations. Take this info to the bank.

Hope you don't mind answering these...
Are you male or female??
Have you gotten parental consent?
What's their reason for keeping you waiting??
Which region/district is that.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Welcomme: 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2017
kevoh:
Christians find it difficult to marry each other. Na wa oo! undecided undecided So Deeper life member can not marry Christmas Embassy member? Jehovah witness can not marry Redeemed members? You are yet to keep your house in order yet disturb people with your megaphones every morning? undecided undecided
A shia Muslim will never marry a sunni Muslim. An izala man will never allow his daughter to marry outside the Izala threshold.So the fucking confusion is annoying and everywhere.

1 Like

Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
tosyne2much:
If I see the person I love, I don't think any pastor can poison my mind from marrying her on the ground of denomination
Well that's true. I wish you well in all you desire
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by NoToPile: 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
Very very easy, just that if you are a male church member you go to the females church and fulfill all their marital requirements and if you are a female the bro will come and fulfill all the requirements. Marriage committee etc etc.

In fact if you intend to get wedded in my church and your parents(if they belong to another denomination) disapprove of the marriage solemnization being conducted in my church you will fulfill all the requirements here counselling medicals etc and you go for your solemnization in your parents church we will carry gele and follow you.

Where they will have issues is when it seems you are marrying from a controversial church.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by kevoh(m): 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
Welcomme:
A shia Muslim will never marry a sunni Muslim. An izala man will never allow his daughter to marry outside the Izala threshold.So the fucking confusion is annoying and everywhere.
Yes oo tongue ..shows there is zero love with most of these Religions contrary to what they preach.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by DWJOBScom(m): 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2017
kevoh:

Stop lying! angry angry My distant cousin's marriage to her Catholic husband was protested by her deeper life parents. Infact, the parents (and her siblings) refused to attend her wedding. My mum was the one who stood as a representative of her Mum that day!

your mama try o and the priest that allowed it over tried..

during my cousin's wedding, the bride's parents were late to church and they were far into the vows and the priest refused to go on even when I offered to have an uncle even though on the groom side to stand in, it was still a no. The priest in his explanation claim he didn't want the father of the bride to scream "kidnap"!

I am glad your mum came to the rescue
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by slydog(m): 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
tosyne2much:
You mean Deeper Life or Redeem?
Redeem man marrying catholic
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by tosyne2much(m): 3:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
slydog:

Redeem man marrying catholic
Redeem doesn't care whether the person you want to marry is a member of a white garment church
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by greatnaija01: 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
I didnt mention my church... I mentioned churches I know do such... why are you barking up the wrong tree?

IT IS DONE IN CHURCH BUT YOU MAY NOT BE AWARE.... THE CHURCHES THE OP MENTIONED ARE MORE KNOWN THAT THE CHURCH YOU GO TO... SO RELAX ITS A COMMON THING. CHURCH IN NIGERIA IS MOSTLY LIKE SHRINE OR FOR FACE VALUE... I WAS ONLY STATING FACTS

nairanaira12:

This is a case of selfishness and it's very unreasonable. If they do it in your church, then your pastor is a witch. It is not Spiritual Fathering, it's spiritual manipulation, which is witchcraft.

See the way you are even saying it as if it's right. It only shows the decay in your useless churches. How will a so-called pastor prevent a lady from marrying whoever she wants from another church? I'm certain this is when your pastor will start giving the poor lady all manners of fake prophecies and untrue visions and dreams just to discourage her.

If this is done in your church, then you people are living in darkness. You only shout, pray and sing to yourselves and your prayers can never be acceptable in heaven.
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by nairanaira12: 6:32pm On Sep 24, 2017
greatnaija01:
I didnt mention my church... I mentioned churches I know do such... why are you barking up the wrong tree?

IT IS DONE IN CHURCH BUT YOU MAY NOT BE AWARE.... THE CHURCHES THE OP MENTIONED ARE MORE KNOWN THAT THE CHURCH YOU GO TO... SO RELAX ITS A COMMON THING. CHURCH IN NIGERIA IS MOSTLY LIKE SHRINE OR FOR FACE VALUE... I WAS ONLY STATING FACTS

And you also think it makes sense
Re: How Easy Is Inter- Denominational Marriage In Your Church? by delpee(f): 11:39pm On Sep 24, 2017
Reader1988:
In my church at Yobe State. We are Orthodox and we do invite Pastors from Pentecostal. eg Reedeem, Deeper to preach on Sundays. When Muslims asked Deeper Life to leave their place, we gave them portion of land. Whenever deeper life is having a Retreat, we do give them our Children's Sunday school classes for accommodation. In fact, Christians in the north see every believer as a brother as Salvation in Christ can only take u to heaven with Galatians 5:22-23.

This is great! That's true Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Receive The Holy Spirit? / 2019 Buhari's Friends Are Not Telling Him The Truth — Okogie / 9 Devastating Actions White Slave Masters Took To Convert Black People To Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.