Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,119 members, 7,828,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name (2275 Views)

The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible / Jesus Vs Je$u$ / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by HappyPagan: 5:33pm On May 30, 2019
Shepherd00:

Hope you find peace. smiley
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by budaatum: 6:05pm On May 30, 2019
Ubenedictus:

In another way, I think you fail to see how the Christian faith refines culture and practices.
How can they not see? Is it not that "refined Christianity" that they practice now? Or do they seriously believe they are practising "traditional Christianity"?

They see! They just refuse to admit it!
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by budaatum: 6:09pm On May 30, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Jesus Vs Crimes Committed in Jesus' name

The crimes committed in Jesus' name do not reflect the teachings or commands of Jesus, and therefore have nothing to do with the truth of Christianity:

Within this article, we are going to be looking at the following points:

1. Not everything done in the name of Christianity is representative of Christianity.
2. The inquisitions (Torture)
3. The KKK (Racism)
4. Burning witches (Murder)
5. The good ship Jesus (Slavery)
6. Catholic priests (Child abuse)

See the link for details.
http://reasonsforjesus.com/jesus-vs-crimes-committed-in-jesus-name/
You forgot to include the stupidity of some today that encourages them to drink bleach, and the one that discourages them to bear their cross and to love their neighbours even if they go to a different church to your own as many refuse to do on here!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by Shepherd00: 9:32pm On May 30, 2019
HappyPagan:
Hope you find peace. smiley
You have no idea.
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by Ubenedictus(m): 12:17pm On Jun 01, 2019
budaatum:

How can they not see? Is it not that "refined Christianity" that they practice now? Or do they seriously believe they are practising "traditional Christianity"?

They see! They just refuse to admit it!
that sometimes gets me.
Of course the Catholic Church has got a lot of things wrong down history, in fact I always wonder how much we are getting wrong now. But it is always easy to scream satanic about things one isn't informed about.

That is how I see the issue of the slavery and torture.

Medieval courts considered torture OK just as it considered slavery, the church went about unconsciously and sometimes consciously refining culture.
In the issue of torture it was a ban on certain types in church court, a ban against the clergy from administering it, making sure a doctor is present to prevent injury and the shedding of blood, and only when guilt has been firmly established... Until today the church now says torture is intrinsically evil.... That is faith refining culture.

For slavery where the church allowed indentured servitude and said the slaves had certain rights, it was against chattel slavery for Catholics....

Gradually men of Faith, many non Catholics will totally abolish slavery.

We can blame the church for ever allowing indentured servitude or we can look through out history and see that humans have been enslaving each other and recognize that at certain points it was the faith that was condemning the worst impulses of human nature.

The humanism we practice today arose from Christian Europe....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

The crimes committed in Jesus' name do not reflect the teachings or commands of Jesus, and therefore have nothing to do with the truth of Christianity:

1. Not everything done in the name of Christianity is representative of Christianity.
3. The KKK (Racism)

The crimes committed in the name of Christianity throughout history do not reflect the teachers of Jesus or the Bible. We can't judge a worldview by it's abuse.
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by budaatum: 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

We can't judge a worldview by it's abuse.
Yes we can! Especially if that "worldview" clearly states that it is by your fruits that you will be known!

Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:01am On Sep 11, 2019
budaatum:

Yes we can! Especially if that "worldview" clearly states that it is by your fruits that you will be known!

It will be much more better if you get to know the author of the word you are posting upandan. cool
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by budaatum: 9:44am On Sep 11, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

It will be much more better if you get to know the author of the word you are posting upandan. cool
And, in your own opinion, I don't?
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08am On Sep 11, 2019
budaatum:

And, in your own opinion, I don't?

Yes. The mystic jesus you know is not the real Jesus of the Bible. cool
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by budaatum: 10:19am On Sep 11, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

So says Olaa. The decider of the Jesus buda knows.
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Sep 11, 2019
budaatum:

So says Olaa. The decider of the Jesus buda knows.

If you truly know the real Jesus of the Bible why haven't you repented and made Him the Lord and personal Saviour of your life? undecided
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by budaatum: 10:33am On Sep 11, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

If you truly know the real Jesus of the Bible why haven't you repented and made Him the Lord and personal Saviour of your life? undecided
Do I need to come and bow to you so you know who my personal saviour is? Do you need to see my certificate of repentance?

Are you the Lord God Almighty Olaa?
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44am On Sep 11, 2019
budaatum:

Do I need to come and bow to you so you know who my personal saviour is? Do you need to see my certificate of repentance?

Are you the Lord God Almighty Olaa?

No, am not the Lord God Almighty, but this is what He has to say:

"O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" (Matthew 12:34).

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. The real Jesus of the Bible did not mince words when He condemned the sin of hypocrisy and pride. cool
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by budaatum: 11:19am On Sep 11, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

No, am not the Lord God Almighty, but this is what He has to say:

"O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" (Matthew 12:34).

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. The real Jesus of the Bible did not mince words when He condemned the sin of hypocrisy and pride. cool
Indeed, out of the abundance of the heart are the fruits produced. So, why don't you yourself answer the question Olaa, how can buda, speak good things?

Or are you saying "buda is evil"?
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by budaatum: 1:21pm On Sep 11, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

So, the Jesus, who's Words from the Bible I quote, is mystic, to you?

Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08am On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:

So, the Jesus, who's Words from the Bible I quote, is mystic, to you?

No. It is rather, a mystery to you. smiley
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by budaatum: 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
budaatum:

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why behold the mote that is in you brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye? Or how will you say to your brother, Let me pull out the mote out of your eye; and, behold, a beam is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye" (Matthew 7:1-5).

I have noticed that you ignorantly use the depiction of a beam in the eye to accuse me of judging you and for the fact that at least one other person who I expected to know better is being influenced by you to use the same accusation against me.

As I had earlier claimed that Jesus and by extension, His Word is a mystery to you, let me quote the above passage to give readers the context from which the Lord Jesus Christ said what you quote upandan.

Jesus said in verse Matthew 7:1 that we should not judge our brethren. Who are the brethren referred to in this passage? It is those who are born again and have embarked on this Christian pilgrim journey. Those who have repented of their sins nor committed their lives to the Lord Jesus Christ are condemned already so their no point condemning that which has already been condemned because it is not the purpose of Jesus to condemn sinners when He came down to earth, His purpose was to seek and safe that which was lost. That is why I have not and will not condemn you.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believes on Him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil" (John 3:16-19).

Jesus, in Matthew 7:1-5, is warning us not to condemn the actions and motives of others because it only God that has the right to condemn because only He has the right to condemn a person to hell. Jesus has equally commanded us to judge righteously.

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment" (John 7:24).

Jesus wants us to be able to recognise, discern and rebuke false brethren who are encouraging others to sin. It means that we should be in a position to discern what is wrong either in teachings or practice and to avoid or correct them. Only God can condemn (judge) arbitrary but we are expected to discern and evaluate doctrine and practice and also to govern our own actions according to the word of God.

Therefore, if the gospel is being preached to you and you feel condemned the right action for you to take is to repent and believe the gospel truth instead of thinking that the preacher is condemning you because as the scriptures puts it, the sinner is already condemned. And for brethren who feel that they are being condemned when they are being corrected should see it as a loving correction and examine their actions.

I challenge anyone of you accusing me of practising what I am preaching or correcting them about to bring out the evidence out of the multitudes of post I have made on this forum. If the accusations are genuine I will own up to them and make amends but if you fail to take up this challenge then I say that you should forever hold your peace. smiley
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by budaatum: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

I challenge anyone of you accusing me of practising what I am preaching or correcting them about to bring out the evidence out of the multitudes of post I have made on this forum. If the accusations are genuine I will own up to them and make amends but if you fail to take up this challenge then I say that you should forever hold your peace. smiley
It obviously takes a great deal of effort to see the errors of one's ways especially by those who insist in seeing the errors of others! We repeatedly preach the Gospel to you and provide you with evidence but all you do is shout "there is a demon in them", because, in your own opinion, you alone are righteous!

But I tell you the truth! Unless Jesus is indeed not Lord, you, OLAADEGBU, will see the error of your ways and turn to serve the Living God through Jesus Christ who is indeed Lord.

Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by budaatum: 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2019
Hear ye the Word of the Lord as it cometh out of your own mouth as put there by the Holy Ghost!

OLAADEGBU:

Therefore, if the gospel is being preached to you and you feel condemned the right action for you to take is to repent and believe the gospel truth instead of thinking that the preacher is condemning you because as the scriptures puts it, the sinner is already condemned.

And for brethren who feel that they are being condemned when they are being corrected should see it as a loving correction and examine their actions.
Re: Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On May 15, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

3. The KKK (Racism)

The Crusades and Inquisition are often brought up as an attempt to derail Christianity, when none of the horrors have anything to do with what Jesus himself taught. Here is what Jesus has to say in scripture regarding these crimes that have been perpetrated in His name:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Since Jehovah's Witnesses Are Not Christians..what Do We Call Them? / Emojis Are Evil, The Pact With King Solomon / Pentecostalism And The Wof Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.