Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,645 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible (4586 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Jesus Vs Je$u$ / Jesus Vs Crimes Committed In Jesus' Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:07am On May 05, 2019
When God finally fulfilled the promise He long made to His people Israel concerning the messiah that He was going to send to them, in the person of Jesus His only begotten Son, the people of Israel didn't even know it, and realize that Jesus was the fulfillment of that promise.

Because despite that they really needed the promised messiah at the time to be able to save them from their sufferings, and change their situation for the better, and had long prayed to God to fulfill His promise to them, they yet expected the messiah to be nothing different from who they were, and do same things they did and yet be able to still achieve that.

Therefore they rejected the messiah that God had sent to them as an answer to their prayers and fulfilment of His promise to them, and set Him at nought because He had done different things to what they did.

But unknown to them, if He had done the same things that they did, there was no possible way that He would have been able to achieve a different result from the result they had achieved themselves, for it's impossible do the same things and yet produce different results.

Therefore He needed to be different, and to do different things to be able to achieve different results, for that was what made Him to be the promised messiah in the first place, and an answer to their prayers, for if He was not any different from what they were, and did the same things they did, he would never have been a Messiah to them.

And that brings us to the church which apparently is now only but a shadow of what the church used to be when Jesus first founded it upon the Earth to continue from where He left off.

For it has been of genuine concern to those of this church that it is not able to replicate the same results of that church, that they continue to pray for a revival and the extent of the display of the mighty works of God that took place in those days in today's church.

However they keep doing the same things and yet expect for things to change in the church.

And worse still they strongly oppose and resist anyone that tries to do or suggest anything different from what they're currently doing that has not resulted in much good for the church, even if be the Words of Jesus, who founded the church that they pray to God and hope to be able to emulate.

For as weird as that sounds, that's the truth I found out from personal experience after I began to walk at the level of the Spirit over sixteen years ago, for one significant area i differed from those of today's church among others, was the Word which i observed or emphasized as the Word of God.

For to those of today's church it was always the Bible, but to me it was always the Words of Jesus.

And when I speak of the Words of Jesus, I mean the Words of Jesus, for i'm being specific, for although the Words of Jesus itself is included in the Bible, the Bible is not the Words(Gospel) of Jesus as some erroneously call it, for the Words of Jesus is only a small fraction of the Words in the Bible.

Therefore to emphasize the Bible doesn't mean to emphasize the Words of Jesus, hence my specific emphasis of the Words of Jesus.

And my position was drawn from personal experiences, as despite having gone through the entire Bible on at least three separate occasions prior to that, it was the Words of Jesus that were able to cater for the extent of my spiritual thirst.

So that was how the Words of Jesus became my words, and the words that proceeded out of my mouth when I spake, for it had proven itself true, and the extent of it's capacity in my spiritual life.

Therefore for me it seemed just perfect, as if i had found my spiritual home which perfectly suited my spiritual demands, however the fact that it was the first time i had ever heard the Words of Jesus being specifically emphasized by anyone to the extent that I did, was a bit concerning for me.

For all I had heard and kept hearing being emphasized by the church and her leaders was the Bible, for it was always the Bible but never specifically the Words of Jesus.

And then the manner of response I got from those of today's church when I emphasized the Words of Jesus instead of the Bible as was traditional for them, gave me the idea of what I was really up against it in that respect.

And i'm going illustrate that with the response one of my manuscripts which reflected such emphasis elicited from a christian publishing firm I had submitted it to.

For they went to the extent of creating a new menu item titled "Our beliefs" on the home page of their website just because of that. And when I clicked on it, it wasn't surprising to me what their beliefs were, for it was same thing, even the emphasis of the Bible as it with all those of the church.

But what surprised me was to the extent they had gone to show their disapproval of the idea in my manuscript that suggested that the Words of Jesus ought to specifically emphasized instead of the Bible, for they had created a whole new menu item on the homepage of their website just because of it.

So that is just to give an idea of the extent of opposition my different idea of the emphasis of the Words of Jesus has faced from those of the church.

And although that didn't deter me as It seemed to have become integral to who I was, and hence was what I had to give, the fact that everyone else of the church appeared to be emphasizing something else, and that their position was one that has been long held by those of the church, made me wonder if there was any iota of a chance that they were right and I was wrong.

But it was while yet in that uncertainty that I got to realize that I was not alone in that, for Jesus the Master Himself was with me in that respect, as He specifically emphasized His own Words just the way that I was doing.

And it was a really shocking discovery i must say, because for all the emphasis those of the church placed on the Bible that got me a bit concerned, it now turned out at the end that it didn't even come from Jesus who they say is their Lord, for Jesus Himself had done something different from what the church was doing, which is emphasize His own Words, even the same thing I was doing.

So that did the uncertainty for me as that was all the proof I needed that I was not just right but perfect about it, since Jesus who Himself was perfect specifically emphasized the Words of Jesus as I do and not the Bible or any other words as those of the church do.

Continue reading below.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:08am On May 05, 2019
And quite fittingly i'm going to specifically use the Words of Jesus to prove this, for it was said:

Matthew 5:21-22 (KJV)

21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Now what Jesus referred to was what was said in the Laws of Moses which was also in the Bible, and then said "but I say unto you", giving the impression that that saying in the Law of Moses was being amended or superseded by His Own saying. And this did Jesus at least five more times to show that it was not a mistake, but an absolutely deliberate act. For the full text of this Jesus teaching go to Matthew chapters 5.

And next up is Jesus illustration of the Words of Jesus as the rock, for it was said:

Luke 6:46-49 (KJV)

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

And from His illustration of His Words being a rock, we go to His depiction of His Words as infallible, as Jesus said:

Matthew 24:35 (KJV)

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

And Jesus also made the disciples know that they were blessed to be among those who heard His Words, as He said:

Luke 10:23-24 (KJV)

23 And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see:
24 For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

So there must have been something distinctively different about His Words that made those many prophets and kings desire to hear His Words, and Mary the sister of Martha seemed to agree with them as it was said:

Luke 10:39-42 (KJV)

39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

So the one thing that is needful even the good part which Mary had chosen which shall never be taken away from her according to Jesus, was His Words.

And next is Jesus telling His disciples how what they do with His Words would determine whether they loved Him or not, because His Words which they heard were not His, but that of His Father, as He said:

John 14:15, 21, 23-24 (KJV)
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So that brought another dimension to the Words of Jesus, for the reason for His specific emphasis of His Words to that extent was because it was not His own Word but the Word of His Father(God) who had sent Him to the Earth, and on the next occasion He even took it up a notch when He further expatiates on that, as He said:

John 12:47-50 (KJV)

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

Now did Jesus really say this? Well, yes He certainly did(and the Bible is there for anyone of the church to verify this), for according to Jesus the Words He spake in itself was done in obedience of the commandment that God had given to Him on what He should say to mankind who He had sent Him to.

For He knew that God's commandment had the power to give eternal life, hence it behoved Him not to speak of Himself but say unto men exactly what God had commanded Him to say to them.

So this explains the extent to which He specifically emphasized His own Words, for they were not His own Words but the Word of God which gives eternal life.

And furthermore He illustrated His Words as the vine in this instance:

John 15:3-7 (KJV)

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

So for them to be able to bear fruits etc., they need to abide in Jesus the vine, by keeping His Words, which also happens to be the requirement for them to become His friends, as Jesus said:

John 15:14 (KJV)

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

So there's no true friend of Jesus who doesn't keep His Words, and from there I go to His prayer to God His Father concerning His disciples when He said:

John 17:6, 8 (KJV)

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

So Jesus on this occasion confirmed that His Words were not of His own, but of the Father who sent Him, as He said to the Father that He had given them the Words that He gave to Him and that they had kept His Word.

So in other words that He had obeyed the commandment of God concerning the Words He gave Him to give to mankind, and that they had accomplished the purpose for which God gave Him those words, which is for men to keep them.

And this seemed to be an accomplishment of a phase of His mission to the Earth, that would determine the commencement of the next phase which was His dying for the sins of mankind, for He needed to first handover those Words that God had given to Him to men, so that when He had accomplished the task and departed the Earth, those men who He had handed over those Words to would continue from where He left off, and keep disseminating those same Words to mankind.

Hence His saying to God that He had given them the Word that He had given to Him, and to commit them even those who would succeed Him in that respect into God's hands before His left planet Earth(John 17).

Now there are yet several instances in the Bible where Jesus Himself specifically emphasized His own Words, but I think these already provided should more than suffice to prove my point concerning the extent to which Jesus emphasized His own Words, so i'm just going to provide one more even what Jesus said to His disciples before His departure from the Earth, for He said:

"...All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
Matthew 28:18-20 (KJV)

Continue reading below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:08am On May 05, 2019
Now this was the final instruction that Jesus gave to His disciples even those that He said had kept His Words who He used to found His church, so He was instructing the disciple who observed the Words of Jesus, to teach all nations to observe the same Words of Jesus, so that the people of those nations would also come to observe the Words of Jesus as they His disciples did.

So it beggars the question, if that be the final instruction that Jesus gave to His disciples and those of His church which specifically emphasized their teaching of all nations to observe His Words, then when did it change to become teaching all nations to observe the Bible?

And when did it change from Jesus school to Bible school, and who was behind that change?

Certainly not Jesus, as His final instruction to His disciples before He left the Earth is there in the Bible for all to see.

Hence that was how my emphasis of the Words of Jesus was completely justified, for this was the same person that those of the church claim to be their Lord and Master, and the one who founded the most powerful church ever, and He specifically emphasized the Words of Jesus as i did.

So even if the whole church and all her leaders were instead emphasizing the Bible, just to have Jesus who is the Master and founder of the church emphasize the Words of Jesus as I was doing was perfect for me, for if there was any one I ever wanted to be with me on my side, and to agree with me to this extent, it was Jesus.

And that is over sixteen years of my specific emphasis of those words and by the distinctive results, it's now very clear to me why Jesus specifically emphasized His Words and founded His church upon those Words, for it is the rock that He talked about, which makes anyone who observes it to so rock solid, that when the storms, wind, flood etc., which illustrates the gates of hell even the peak of Satan's powers, it shall not be able to prevail against that house.

For the capacity of the Words of Jesus to this extent has been proven true in my life, as even before my unveiling, and while I was yet unknown to those of the world, Satan has shown the extent of the threat I consequently posed to his works, by the number of times that he has been confronted me directly, that he even once out of desperation made an offer of over a hundred million dollars to tempt me, even similar to what he had done to Jesus when he offered him the world.

But just like my Master, I had the spiritual fortitude to say "get thee behind me Satan" with the pen i was given to sign the contract, as it only proved useful in showing the extent of my disgust by the way I used it to destroy the papers of the same offer that would have seemed impossible for men to refuse, because i was founded upon the rock.

So It was that rock upon which I was founded, even the Words of Jesus that made it possible for me to be able to emulate that extent of spiritual capacity of my Master, who Satan found impossible to prevail against regardless of how he came, because he was not able to find anything in Him.

And also I am able to see a lot of similarities between myself and those of that first church which Jesus founded upon His Words, which Satan could also not prevail against.

For regardless of what he devised against the church in those days to stop them, they proved themselves unstoppable and stronger than anything he was able to muster, and hence were able to accomplish the task that Jesus had given to them which is to teach all nations to observe His Words, for that's the reason we have the Words of Jesus available to us today.

And I believe the Words of Jesus is the greatest legacy that that church which was privileged seen the things that Jesus did, and heard the things that the He said, handed to the subsequent generations of the church which didn't have such a privilege, even more so than their own individual words.

For hence it had given anyone and any church in any generation that wasn't as privileged to see the Master and hear from Him directly as they did, the chance to yet be able to emulate the spiritual capacity and results of Jesus, and also His church which He founded upon His Words.

For it's thanks to those Words that even though i wasn't there to see the things that Jesus did and hear His Words while He was here on Earth, I yet feel a part of that church which He founded upon His Words more than any other church on the face of the Earth today.

For obviously we have the Words of Jesus in common but also the benefits of keeping those Words which gives anyone who keeps it the ability to become as a house built upon a rock that the gates of hell would not be able to prevail against it.

And also what transpired on the day of Pentecost when the Spirit of God came upon those of the church is something I could very well relate with, the sound as of a mighty rushing wind, utterances of the Spirit that is in both known and unknown tongues, etc.

And if the extent of intensity of His presence and expressions upon me, and also other signs were anything to go by, that means that when i'm eventually unveiled, i'm not just going to be able to emulate the great works that Jesus did, but also do greater works as Jesus had said His disciples would be able to do because He was going to the Father.

And I don't really know how I came to discover the treasure of the Words of Jesus, but having discovered the extent of its capacity to this extent, i have found it to be the greatest treasure on Earth, and nothing else even come close.

Hence i can't be grateful enough to God for giving us such an example of His Son Jesus who wouldn't seek to please men by saying what they wanted to hear, but even if it meant puting His life at risk in the process would ensure that He obeyed God's commandment and gave to men those Words that God specifically given Him for that purpose.

And i'm also grateful to the disciples and those of that church for keeping the saying of the Master and teaching all nations to observe the Words of Jesus, for hence it became available to those of us who were not as fortunate as they were to witness the presence of Word of God in the human form while He was on Earth.

For without that I don't think it would have been possible for me to have such a spiritual capacity as I do today, and be able to emulate the capacity of my Master to the extent I am able to do.

Continue reading below
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 05, 2019
I am beyond convinced that the Words of Jesus is what the church needs to go back to, for it to be able to replicate the level of spiritual capacity and mighty works of that church which Jesus founded upon His Words, for even though it may be something different from what they're used to, at least after having tried the same thing for such a long time with prayer and fastings but have not been able to achieve different results, perhaps it's high time they tried this different thing.

For this different thing may actually be the answer to their prayers and fastings to be able to emulate the spiritual capacity and exploits of that very church, just as the different thing that Jesus brought to the Jews was an answer to their prayers, and a fulfillment of God's promise to them even though they weren't able to perceive it.

And besides the Words of Jesus is actually not something different, in terms of what the church ought to be and what it was when it was first founded by Jesus, for it is the same thing.

For it's the same Words that Jesus used to build that church, it's the same Words that Jesus so emphasized and specifically instructed those of His church to teach the peoples of the Earth.

So the Words of Jesus is actually the same thing to that extent, and what made the church to be all it was, and to be able to do all that it was, but it was only when the church deviated from that which ought to be and was the same thing for the church somewhere along the line, and shifted the emphasis from the Words of Jesus to the emphasis of the Bible, that it became a different thing.

And hence it's not by accident that it also became a different thing for the church to able to meet up to the standard of that church which was founded upon the Words of Jesus and to replicate their feats, for what else did the church expect when they would abandon the instruction specific of the perfect Master and founder of the church to the church, that they should go to all nations and teach them to observe His Words, and instead be teaching them to observe the Bible?

But that it would lose the ability that comes with keeping the Words of Jesus, which it once had that had made it rock solid and impossible for Satan to be able to prevail against it at .

For now it is more like the house that Jesus described which was built upon sand, that when the gates of hell comes and beats upon that house, it falls and great was the fall of that house.

For "great was fall of that house" is now a perfect illustration of what has happened to the church, with respect to what it was then when it was founded upon the Words of Jesus and what it is now when it is founded upon the Bible.

For the extent of scarcity of power and mighty works of God in the church has made people now to be questioning the promises of Jesus concerning great works and greater works etc., to those who believe in Him, but they seem oblivious to the fact that there's no such promise that Jesus made that was hinged on the obedience of the teachings of the Bible, for it was always on the obedience of His own Words.

So when the church doesn't follow and keep His Words, as that instructions which He gave that they should teach all nations to observe His Words, upon which His promises are hinged, would it be Jesus fault that what His promised on the basis of that are not fulfilled in the church?

For the church that got the fulfillment of those promises, got it because it kept His Word even as was confirmed by that prayer of Jesus to the Father. So if any church doesn't get such fulfilment, then the problem lies with the church, not the promises or the Person of Jesus.

So I think the church has to rethink the emphasis of the Bible as opposed to the emphasis of the Words of Jesus, for if Jesus is really Lord as they say in the church, then when did their Lord Jesus change the standard of the church from His Words to the Bible?

For it's very obvious that the Bible is the easier option, as it gives alternatives to keeping the Words of Jesus, so that people don't have to keep the Words of Jesus to keep the Bible.

But the easier option has hence proven itself not to be a good enough for the church to be what the church ought to be, and what the church was when the church first began.

And I believe that this is definitely the most significant thread post I made since I came to Nairaland, for this is the purpose for which i came to nairaland, to bring the church back to the Words of Jesus.

For those who have followed the pattern of most my threads and posts here, would know that it has already been building up gradually to this point, for this is my core message not just to the church but to all of mankind in obedience to the instruction given by Jesus my Master, to His disciples and the church that we should teach all nations to observe the Words of Jesus.

It should perhaps be obvious now why I chose to go with the moniker jesusjnr, for it's the Words of Jesus that made me who I am, and gave me the spiritual capacity to be able to do all that i'm able to do, and would be able to do both here in Nairaland and beyond.

Hence the Words of Jesus is my Word, and i intend to make it yours.

God be with us.

1 Like

Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 7:17am On May 06, 2019
The Words Of Jesus.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 7:14am On May 07, 2019
The Words of Jesus is my word!
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 7:12am On May 08, 2019
Jesus is my Master and His Words are my Words.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:27am On May 09, 2019
The Word of Eternal Life.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 7:44am On May 10, 2019
The Words of Jesus
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 7:08am On May 11, 2019
Matthew 5:21-44 (KJV)

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 12, 2019
Luke 6:46-49 (KJV)

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 13, 2019
Matthew 24:35 (KJV)

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 7:32am On May 15, 2019
Mark 8:35-38 (KJV)

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 16, 2019
Luke 10:23-24 (KJV)

23 And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see:
24 For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 18, 2019
Luke 10:39-42 (KJV)

39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 7:21am On May 19, 2019
John 14:15 (KJV)

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 7:54am On May 20, 2019
John 14:10 (KJV)

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:16am On May 21, 2019
John 14:21 (KJV)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 10:27am On May 22, 2019
John 14:23-24 (KJV)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 10:32am On May 23, 2019
John 12:47-50 (KJV)

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 24, 2019
John 15:3-7 (KJV)

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 27, 2019
John 15:10 (KJV)

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 28, 2019
John 15:14 (KJV)

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 29, 2019
John 6:63 (KJV)

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 29, 2019
You are a murderer and you'll be exposed!!!
jesusjnr:
John 6:63 (KJV)

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

3 Likes

Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 30, 2019
John 5:24 (KJV)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 31, 2019
John 5:47 (KJV)

But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2019
John 8:31-32 (KJV)

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 02, 2019
John 8:37-38 (KJV)

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 03, 2019
John 8:39-40 (KJV)

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 12, 2019
John 8:42-43 (KJV)

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Re: The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 13, 2019
John 8:45-47 (KJV)

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen / Photos : 2,700 Year Old Private Seal Of The Biblical King Hezekiah Unearthed ! / The Trinity? Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.