Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:46 PM

Lawyer; Pls Can You Advice Me On A Land With Clause - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lawyer; Pls Can You Advice Me On A Land With Clause (569 Views)

Be A Land Owner In Abuja *updated* / Lawyer, Others Dupe Man Of N24m With Fake C Of O! / Lawyer Pls Help: Deed Of Lease And Deed Of Assignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lawyer; Pls Can You Advice Me On A Land With Clause by oladele007: 11:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
pls can the house advice me on this plot of land that i wanted to buy.i have verified the papers in the Alause and all the documents are geniue, but on the agreetment paper said i should develop it within 1year of purchase the land,or if i dont develop it they will refund my money back or increase the money,pls is its lawful under the law.
Re: Lawyer; Pls Can You Advice Me On A Land With Clause by lawyer(m): 12:35am On Mar 04, 2010
who drafted the deed of assignment and where is the property located? Naturally even a property with a c/o gives the purchaser 2 years to develop or it will be revoked. If it is a rural community that needs development there badly, they can frustrate your efforts there by selling the property at your back or making life impossible for you in that community if you dont develop quickly, but there is no law that grants the sellers the right to revoke a transaction that has occured except in cases of fraud or misrepresentation. Only the Governor can revoke lands and not the seller!

But if they want to refund your money, well that could be an option that is convienient for both parties but under the law they have no right to revoke your land transaction or abi you don sign the deed of assignment tie your self inside such a nonsense clause?

Better get your lawyer to look at the documents you sign before you mortgage your property to the community back!

cheers
Re: Lawyer; Pls Can You Advice Me On A Land With Clause by oladele007: 2:02am On Mar 05, 2010
@ lawyer thanks very much,the deed of assignment was drafted by the seller and the land is at ibeju-lekki.i have made up my mind to let go of the land to avoid any problem from omoonile.

(1) (Reply)

4 Bedroom S/det House With Bq For Lease In Vgc @ 2.5m P.a / Buy A House Now & Make 15m / For Sale: Customs Clearing And Forwarding License

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.