Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Pls Nlers Check This: We've Spent N50b On Benue Idps - Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pls Nlers Check This: We've Spent N50b On Benue Idps - Ortom (474 Views)

FG Donates 250 Bags Of Spoilt Beans, Other Items To Benue IDPs - Independent / Account Freezing: Akwa Ibom State Government Slams N50b Suit On EFCC / President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Pls Nlers Check This: We've Spent N50b On Benue Idps - Ortom by psucc(m): 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
We have spent N50bn taking care of Benue flood victims – Ortom NEWS
Published on September 24, 2017
By Ameh Comrade Godwin 

Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom has claimed that the state government has spent no fewer than N50bn taking care of the Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, in the state.
Ortom was reacting to rumour about diversion of relief materials and misappropriation of funds by some officials of his government meant for flood victims.

He said, “On the issue of misappropriation of funds, how much has been spent from the state’s pocket? I think around 50 billion naira currently.
“Like I said, there has been responses from the federal government, state government and other individuals and organisations. All that we needed was just some assistance.
“We are making a comprehensive analysis, at the end we will make a decision depending on the availability of funds.
“Since we cannot pay all the salaries, we agreed that we will combine two months and pay for one month, so people can have allowance to do other things. Discussions are still going on and I’m also discussing with other financial institutions to see if we can find a way around it.
Youth Corper reveals how
“But I still believe that if this process that we have adopted is the desired one, we still have to go step by step so we cannot inflict pain on the workers. One thing I know is that with this inflation, whatever people get is not enough. The good thing is that we are discussing and as we are discussing, we will find a way out of it,” he told Sun.
Re: Pls Nlers Check This: We've Spent N50b On Benue Idps - Ortom by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2017
N50 billion ke? shocked

OP where the sauce to digest this news biko?
Re: Pls Nlers Check This: We've Spent N50b On Benue Idps - Ortom by nic2wao: 5:51pm On Sep 24, 2017
Is he not he that empowered his people with wheel barrow?
Is he not he that killed a harmless snake while his people rage with tribal conflicts and herdsmen invasion?
Re: Pls Nlers Check This: We've Spent N50b On Benue Idps - Ortom by sarrki(m): 5:52pm On Sep 24, 2017
He means both federal, Nema, individuals, NGO s and the state government
Re: Pls Nlers Check This: We've Spent N50b On Benue Idps - Ortom by donk552(m): 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
Wheel borrow state
Re: Pls Nlers Check This: We've Spent N50b On Benue Idps - Ortom by Theakthedream: 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
Lol... He probably spent #49.5 billion importing Wheel barrows.
Re: Pls Nlers Check This: We've Spent N50b On Benue Idps - Ortom by Mynd44: 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2017

(1)

IPOB: Igbo Youths Threaten To Shut Down Southeast / Igbos Endangered The Lives Of 12 Million Igbos Living The North.. Governor Umahi / Nigeria Is A Federation In Name And Not In Practice – Ben Nwabueze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.