Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) (25138 Views)

‘Transmission’ In Buhari’s Letter Evokes Laughter Among Senators / Abba Kyari Inserted 'Coordinator' Clause In Buhari’s Letter To NASS / Osinbajo After Reading Buhari's Letter - Reno Omokri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by Opinionated: 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2018
I thank you for your letter Reference NASS/8S/R/01 /33 dated 18th January, 2018 and I have carefully studied the resolutions and comments contained therein.

As I briefed you and the Rt. Hon. Speaker when we met on the 14th January, 2018, several courses of action had already been taken prior to the Senate Resolutions. You may recall that I told you of the following steps taken as soon as information came to me about the Benue killings.

On Thursday 4th January, I sent the Minister of Interior and the Deputy Inspector General of Police in charge of Operations for an on the spot assessment of the situation.

On Friday, 5th January, the Inspector General of Police briefed me verbally on the latest situation. Calm had by then been restored.

On Monday 8th the Minister of Interior met with the following:

Governors of Adamawa, Kaduna, Niger, Taraba, Benue and Nasarawa States together with
Director General of the State Security Services (DG SSS)
Inspector General of Police
Commandant General, Civil Defence
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development
Commissioners of Police from the six aforementioned states
Comptrollers of Civil Defence from the six aforementioned states.

After the meeting I instructed the Minister of lnterior to brief you on the information gathered so far and steps taken. On Tuesday 9th January, I had a long session with Governor Ortom of Benue State during which I informed him of police arrest of some suspects with Kalashnikovs. In addition, I told him that I had instructed the IGP to speed up trial and prosecution of the suspects and give wide publicity to the police efforts.

At the request of the Governor a meeting was held in the Presidential Villa on 15th January, with a wide – cross – section of Benue personages where frank and open discussions were held and everybody in the meeting appreciated the complexity and difficulties of this farmer/herder strife. I assured all and sundry of my commitment to ensure that justice is expeditiously done.

To infer, therefore that nothing has been done is incorrect. The police are strenuously working to apprehend the rest of the culprits of these heartless killings. Furthermore, I have instructed the Inspector General of Police to relocate to Benue State, redeploy forces to the most sensitive areas. The Federal Government is initiating additional measures to address these and other security challenges, alleviate the consequences of these attacks and forestall reoccurrence. The Senate Resolutions itemised in your letter will be taken into consideration and I am instructing all relevant MDAs to factor them in their work.

Earlier, on December 19th 2017 to be precise, while receiving the Report of the Committee which I had set up to review the operational, technical and administrative structure of the National intelligence Agency (NIA), I underscored the need to review the entire national security architecture – as I promised in my inaugural Address on 29th May, 2015. Action is being initiated and I expect to receive maximum cooperation from the Senate, in line with paragraph (iii) of the Senate Resolutions.

Please accept, Mr. Senate President, the assurances of my highest regards.

Muhammadu Buhari

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/read-president-buharis-letter-senate-president-bukola-saraki-benue-killings/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by otijah(m): 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
Buhari whatever, u are just a national disgrace

109 Likes 12 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by BruncleZuma: 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Those arrested with Kalashnikovs were not Fulani herdsmen but local state government vigilantes...

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by Ayodejioak(m): 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2018

Is this some Fulanic posts making FP again?
Looks like nairaland just hired a new clueless mod from the North!

grin

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by pautex: 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
FROM BOKO HARAM TO HERDS MEN KILLINGS... LATER WE WILL HEAR THEY WERE TECHNICALLY DEFEATED. undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by Authoreety: 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
pautex:
grin grin
Ayodejioak:
grin
BruncleZuma:
grin
otijah:
Ok

For heavens sake, this is feb2018 na... ar we goin 2 continue in sin that grace may abound?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by Nltaliban(m): 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
Even if you send a whole post office to them

We're voting you out

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by EweduAfonja(f): 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2018
H
Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by omoyankee3(m): 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2018
Ok
Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2018
grin

Aubemayang is nw in Arsenal,

Phynos mother WL regret selling hm to Baby factory pple

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by kennosklint(m): 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2018
Fools everywhere
Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by omobritiko: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2018
No cabal...buhari is the cabal himself...
Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by ewosk: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2018
Superstory.....
When it was unarmed civilians who have not caused bodily harm Python and Crocodile were smiling and Dancing...

Anyways 'Fulani Herdsmen are just criminal elelments'

So you dont need to be outspoken against them but you have the time to quicken defend yourself when the Senate President ask what is going on as no visible actions have been taken against these marauding killers.... It is quite unfortunate...But Nepotism is exalted in this era and the lives of Cows are more valued than citizens of this Nations

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by SweetJoystick(m): 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2018
Buhari must go

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by omusiliyu(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2018
snail
Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by maverickdude(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2018
One of a kind president grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by EweduAfonja(f): 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2018
rudymatt1:
It is totally guaranteed and no chance of loosen,CALL OR WHATSAPP how if interested

Since u have 260 odds, why not borrow money and bet it with a mil.. and win 260mil...

Scammer

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by Snow02: 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2018
mtchewww nothing new to see here just eye service
Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2018
.mm
Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by calmbabadee(m): 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2018
House and senate or perdition! God will run your lives the way you are running Nigeria. Buhari inclusive

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by Spartanville(m): 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2018
ok
Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by Firefire(m): 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2018
shocked
Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by Automatic3444(m): 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2018
I guess you are campaigning for 2019 presidential election.. When 73 people where kill you never visited then. So never you thinking of going to Benue state to campaign because you value the life of a cow more than that of a human

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by bestman09(m): 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2018
Opinionated:
I thank you for your letter Reference NASS/8S/R/01 /33 dated 18th January, 2018 and I have carefully studied the resolutions and comments contained therein.

As I briefed you and the Rt. Hon. Speaker when we met on the 14th January, 2018, several courses of action had already been taken prior to the Senate Resolutions. You may recall that I told you of the following steps taken as soon as information came to me about the Benue killings.

On Thursday 4th January, I sent the Minister of Interior and the Deputy Inspector General of Police in charge of Operations for an on the spot assessment of the situation.

On Friday, 5th January, the Inspector General of Police briefed me verbally on the latest situation. Calm had by then been restored.

On Monday 8th the Minister of Interior met with the following:

Governors of Adamawa, Kaduna, Niger, Taraba, Benue and Nasarawa States together with
Director General of the State Security Services (DG SSS)
Inspector General of Police
Commandant General, Civil Defence
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development
Commissioners of Police from the six aforementioned states
Comptrollers of Civil Defence from the six aforementioned states.

After the meeting I instructed the Minister of lnterior to brief you on the information gathered so far and steps taken. On Tuesday 9th January, I had a long session with Governor Ortom of Benue State during which I informed him of police arrest of some suspects with Kalashnikovs. In addition, I told him that I had instructed the IGP to speed up trial and prosecution of the suspects and give wide publicity to the police efforts.

At the request of the Governor a meeting was held in the Presidential Villa on 15th January, with a wide – cross – section of Benue personages where frank and open discussions were held and everybody in the meeting appreciated the complexity and difficulties of this farmer/herder strife. I assured all and sundry of my commitment to ensure that justice is expeditiously done.

To infer, therefore that nothing has been done is incorrect. [b]The police are strenuously working to apprehend the rest of the culprits of these heartless killings. Furthermore, I have instructed the Inspector General of Police to relocate to Benue State, redeploy forces to the most sensitive areas. [/b]The Federal Government is initiating additional measures to address these and other security challenges, alleviate the consequences of these attacks and forestall reoccurrence. The Senate Resolutions itemised in your letter will be taken into consideration and I am instructing all relevant MDAs to factor them in their work.

Earlier, on December 19th 2017 to be precise, while receiving the Report of the Committee which I had set up to review the operational, technical and administrative structure of the National intelligence Agency (NIA), I underscored the need to review the entire national security architecture – as I promised in my inaugural Address on 29th May, 2015. Action is being initiated and I expect to receive maximum cooperation from the Senate, in line with paragraph (iii) of the Senate Resolutions.

Please accept, Mr. Senate President, the assurances of my highest regards.

Muhammadu Buhari

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/read-president-buharis-letter-senate-president-bukola-saraki-benue-killings/

But soldiers were sent to Gboko because of alleged burning of 6 fulanis

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by pautex: 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2018
NA SPACE BOOKERS SYNDROME grin grin
Authoreety:

For heavens sake, this is feb2018 na... ar we goin 2 continue in sin that grace may abound?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by EasterDell: 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2018
Buhari's attitude towards this Herdsmen crisis is simply Alarming! Disgraceful! and of no benefit to him. . . I honestly pity the old man

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2018
Sir Dullardeen reporting to Don Saraki grin

Tinubu warned PMB about how dangerous Saraki was he refused to listen...

Now the Senate has him by the balls...It's a question of time before Magu is out given the "non-confirmation of appointees" trump card they have over the Presidency
Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by michoim(m): 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2018
otijah:
Buhari whatever, u are just a national disgrace

You reason like a slowpoke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Letter To Saraki On Benue Killings (Full Text) by pol23: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Lied, GEJ Regime Killed 3 El-Zakzaky's Sons - Sahara Reporters / Pictures Of Tinubu's Town Hall Meeting In Calabar, Cross River / Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.