Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,044 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

How Do I Make Ice-cream? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Make Ice-cream? (16275 Views)

How To Make Ice Cream With 3 Simple Ingredients (no Ice-cream Machine Rqd). / Shop Sells Human bosom Milk Ice-cream / How To Make Ice Cream In Diff Flavour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make Ice-cream? by jjuummaaii(f): 9:24pm On Feb 16, 2007
Making Ice cream

Please does anyone have an idea of how to make ice cream as in the recipe and process.

Expecting your replies ASAP.
Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by cuteass1(f): 8:21am On Feb 18, 2007
Sorry for the late reply, hope i wasn't too late sad
Just go to www.google.com and search for "ice cream recipe", you'll find some lovely ones there. Good luck dear smiley
Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by Seun(m): 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2007
I also happen to be interested, but it seems I need an "ice-cream machine". How do I fabricate it?
Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by mandi: 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2007
Cardamom Ice Cream. No ice-cream machine needed.

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 5 cups milk
* 4 beaten egg yolks
* 1 tablespoon vanilla**
* 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom**
* 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel**
* 3 cups whipping cream
* 1-1/2 cups sugar

**You can substitute with any flavor you refer.

Directions

1. In a large saucepan stir together sugar and flour. Gradually stir in 2 cups of the milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook 1 minute more. Stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into beaten egg yolks; return to remaining hot mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir just until mixture returns to boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, cardamom, lemon peel, and remaining milk. Cool slightly. Cover the surface with plastic wrap.

2. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Stir in whipping cream.
Freeze.
Makes about 2 quarts (16 servings).
Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by godfadda6(m): 5:39pm On Feb 18, 2007
it seems no one eva read posts on nairaland.

well as regards info on ice cream u can just make it with milk solid non fats and monodigycerides of fatty acids and some emulsion and stabilizers

not to bore u with all that bullsht monodigycerides of fatty acids is just sea weed like vanilla esccence. and u can just buy a powder mix from commelle u just add water and use it.

seun u need an ice cream machine forget about fabricating it, it will not last u well i mean u may not be able to get a real solid form.

this is a business i have been into for 8yrs now. i know what it takes to run the business well

if u r in doubt just mailme with ur questions i will be sure to reply

deji_lawani@yahoo.com
p.s only real questions ok

and u can read my post on the business post that intoduces my company ok

deji
Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by hammah(m): 6:48am On Feb 19, 2007
use search engine.
Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by obua: 2:19pm On Feb 19, 2007
Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by BigShishi(m): 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2007
ingredients

1. palm wine
2. cassava milk
3. guinea-fowl egg
4. shrimps
5. sugar cane
6. baby milk

light up a spliff, mix ingredients in a bucket, add some something and boil till it reaches boiling point, err, (falling asleep, )
Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by texazzpete(m): 10:25am On Feb 20, 2007
nawww,
i wont be tempted by this kinda thing no more. I once tried to make toffees and i burnt my hand (still have the scar)
tried to make bread and it didnt rise.
tried to make shortbread, it sucked
tried to make rice pudding, i ended up boiling d rice 4 2 hours, cursing at the damn thing to get soft. ended up tasting like soggy rice soaked in milk. even burnt my mouth cos i was so eager to taste it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by jjuummaaii(f): 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2007
texazzpete:

nawww,
i wont be tempted by this kind of thing no more. I once tried to make toffees and i burnt my hand (still have the scar)
tried to make bread and it didnt rise.
tried to make shortbread, it sucked
tried to make rice pudding, i ended up boiling d rice 4 2 hours, cursing at the damn thing to get soft. ended up tasting like soggy rice soaked in milk. even burnt my mouth because i was so eager to taste it.

Ur post made me laff all thru. anyway maybe u are not just cut out for experimental cullinery, but never giv up maybe someday u'll get it.

Thanks cute ass and Mandi.
i'll try out the recipes and then get back on my results
Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by totalabi: 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2007
Big Shishi u are a comic why this strange ingredient for ice cream or is it a recipe for bush ice cream grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by tpia: 2:15am On Feb 25, 2007
You need an ice cream machine to make ice cream.

If there's no machine available, it would be better if you at least saw the ice cream being made in a machine, so you can get a general idea how to go about it.

Basically, you get a simple ice cream recipe ( lots of milk, egg yolks, maybe cream, and sugar. Check the web for an easy recipe).

The ingredients have to be mixed and heated.

The trick is to continously churn( stir) the ice cream mixture at  a very cold/freezing temperature. This is normally done using rock salt and ice cubes. The ice cream mix is normally in one container, which is then put into a bigger container containing the ice cubes and salt.

The contents of both containers don't mix- the salt and ice are to maintain the temperature and prevent ice crystals from forming. That way the ice cream can have a creamy texture.

I'm sure a simple version of an ice cream machine could probably be made in Nigeria, if people set their minds to it.
Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2007
This is the easiest way. smiley

Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by jjuummaaii(f): 10:16pm On Feb 27, 2007
crazy!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by Epi: 11:30pm On Mar 21, 2009
ha, I found this thread cheesy
Re: How Do I Make Ice-cream? by Caroguama(f): 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
Ice cream making is nothing without an Ice cream stabilizer and emulsifier. You can get the ingredient online at Nutrichem Nigeria http://nutrichem.com.ng/product/ice-cream/
Hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Cook Okpa(igbo Delicacy) / 18 Basic Dinning Etiquette / Street Foodz Naija: Peak Yoghurt Supports Young Foodpreneurs With Seed Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.