Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:39 AM

About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' (11879 Views)

Umahi: "Arrest Anyone Not Wearing Face Mask In Ebonyi" / The Truth About Ebonyi State Paying New Minimum Wage. / Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 11:23am On Sep 26, 2017
Well, you are wrong. Igbos are very tolerant.the fact that they live peacefully wherever they settle down says alot.
As for the yoruba muslim thing,most muslims especially yorubas tend to ignore logic and support whatever any muslim leader does whether right or wrong even against their own tribe.
Unarmed civilians were shot at by the national army and they laugh about it see nothing wrong with it because it was ordered by a muslim president or because Igbos and Christians were killed. Nigerians(igbos) were dehumanized and made to swim in murky waters like pigs and they all found it funny.
Don't give me the story of Kanu insulted our yoruba leaders and pastors or our yoruba land. Kanu insulted Britain and Theresa May even the queen but I can't see them laughing over this matter or finding it funny.
I am not saying Kanu did right by throwing insults about but there are things we must stand against especially when it is done by the government.
As for voting Buhari, I believe everyone has a right to vote whoever they choose.
I had always been a strong supporter of Buhari even when people were spreading the news of this islamization story. I never believed even when it was confirmed to me, but I kept praying for revelation. This was after he lost to Yaradua.
Fastforward,2011/12,Buhari paid a condolence visit to Mrs H. Awolowo,i was watching Channels TV and there he was being interviewed:
Reporter:what do think about Bokoharam,how should they be handled?
buhari:niger delta militants were given amnesty so same should be done for Boko.
Me: shocked
At that time,the U.N building had come down,the police 'headquarters' was down,i can't remember if St Theresa had come down.
buhari showed no sympathy or empathy,he was simply fighting for the right of these killers. There and then I knew that he wasn't the one.
As for corruption,the present admin is the great grand master of corruption.
ElsonMorali:

I'm Sorry, But Igbos aren't exactly tolerant of others, especially If they are Yoruba or Moslem. That's why you have little kids running around here shouting "Yoruba Moslem ".
That's why the majority of you in the east refused to vote for Buhari, But would rather allow the grandmaster of corruption and Nigeria's only Ineffectual Buffoon to continue ruling us.

So Yes, Igbos are very very discriminatory.

2 Likes

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 11:27am On Sep 26, 2017
I am not in denial of anything because, their is nothing to deny.
I keep repeating myself, I never said Igbo muslims don't exist. I am only trying to point out that their number is little.
ItsMeAboki:

Yes; but you wouldn't believe me even if I told you so, because you are already in denial; however, you may care to follow this link for some historical facts concerning Indigenous Igbo Muslims.

http://daudaayanda..com.ng/2015/02/islam-in-igboland-between-phobia-and.html
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 11:34am On Sep 26, 2017
Good for you. All the best.
schoolboij:
I am an Igbo Muslim.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 11:40am On Sep 26, 2017
grin grin what is this?
Anyway thanks. Seeing an igbo muslim TV program for the first time.
ALMUSTAQIM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZcMGk0irnY

PLS WATCH VIDEO

THANKS.

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 11:44am On Sep 26, 2017
Have you ever heard Igbo muslims complain? This thread is just to confirm their small number.
BabaRamota1980:

You want to treat your muslims same way you treat your osus - deprive them of their humanity.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 11:47am On Sep 26, 2017
You are just taking this to another level. Nobody is rejecting Islam.we are just pointing out that igbo muslims are few in number.
Prouddevil:
May the devil help this people, see how they are rejecting Islam like poo.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 11:52am On Sep 26, 2017
Go to ibuzor to do what? I thought you guys said ibuzor indigenes are not Igbos?
wait o,so if I want to see a yoruba or hausa Muslim, I will have to go to Oyo or Kaduna. SMH.
Danielmoore:
Go to ibuzor in delta state
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Demmzy15(m): 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
shallysgirl:
Go to ibuzor to do what? I thought you guys said ibuzor indigenes are not Igbos?
wait o,so if I want to see a yoruba or hausa Muslim, I will have to go to Oyo or Kaduna. SMH.
You're not sincere, so you expect Igbo Muslims to come out with placards while shouting and beating their chests that they're Muslims? He has mentioned were you'll find them, go there and you'll see them.

Even when you're living in East, you'll hardly know a guy's a Yoruba Muslim until you go around the mosques or you see them going or coming back from Friday prayers, so what's so hard there?

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
So most Igbos haven't physically met an igbo muslim before because they don't carry placard .ok, I have heard you. Good day.
Demmzy15:
You're not sincere, so you expect Igbo Muslims to come out with placards while shouting and beating their chests that they're Muslims? He has mentioned were you'll find them, go there and you'll see them.

Even when you're living in East, you'll hardly know a guy's a Yoruba Muslim until you go around the mosques or you see them going or coming back from Friday prayers, so what's so hard there?
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Theakthedream: 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
SlayerForever:
[s]

And so _fucking what? If we discriminate against Islam you think we don't have good reasons too? First,Islam doesn't sit well with the Igbo way of life (and it never will). Secondly,looking at the millions that perish to Islam everyday in this modern world you think it's not enough to keep Islam at a distance? Hell,even the civilized whites have a good doze of Islamophobia so sod off hypocrite. Seems you're Yoruba. *Spits* Your Igbophobia stinks from a mile away.
[/s]
Everybody that doesn't agree with you people is automatically a Yoruba?... Senseless talk...
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by SlayerForever: 1:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
Theakthedream:

Everybody that doesn't agree with you people is automatically a Yoruba?... Senseless talk...

Go take a seat. Igbophobic element.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Theakthedream: 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
SlayerForever:

Go take a seat. Igbophobic element.
I am not a tribalist and bigot like you.....
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by SlayerForever: 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
[s]
Theakthedream:

I am not a tribalist and bigot like you.....
[/s]

YOU ARE. You can't even hide it. You are hateful person who despises the Igbo. But it doesn't matter ofcourse.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Theakthedream: 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
SlayerForever:

YOU ARE. You can't even hide it. You are hateful person who despises the Igbo. But it doesn't matter ofcourse.
Reponding to your nonsense is a waste of time.. You ate not making any sense... Hate filled mind.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by ElsonMorali: 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=shallysgirl post=60844174]

Well, you are wrong. Igbos are very tolerant.the fact that they live peacefully wherever they settle down says alot.

Wrong. I'll rather give kudos to their hosts. See How they are being killed in the North and other African countries especially south Africa.

As for the yoruba muslim thing,most muslims especially yorubas tend to ignore logic and support whatever any muslim leader does whether right or wrong even against their own tribe.

Why is it so difficult for you guys to comprehend a simple point. There's nothing like Yoruba Moslems. Yoruba is Yoruba whether Christian or Moslem. There's hardly a family, nuclear or extended that doesn't have members practicing both religion.
Your underhanded tactics of trying to divide Yorubas along religious line is despicable.

Unarmed civilians were shot at by the national army and they laugh about it see nothing wrong with it because it was ordered by a muslim president or because Igbos and Christians were killed. Nigerians(igbos) were dehumanized and made to swim in murky waters like pigs and they all found it funny.

Of course you are Igbo so you would see it that way. Show me your posts on this forum where you condemned the actions of Nnamdi Kanu when he was organizing his BSS, his own private army?

Don't give me the story of Kanu insulted our yoruba leaders and pastors or our yoruba land. Kanu insulted Britain and Theresa May even the queen but I can't see them laughing over this matter or finding it funny.

Go on YouTube and search for where Kanu was asking your brothers to pick up arms and kill any Yoruba or Hausa in sight.
While you're at it, maybe you can also search for where he was soliciting for arms and ammunition to "burn down the zoo".
Why don't you tell him that the Yorubas love him and would like to give him a chieftancy title for all the hatred and vile speech he's directed at them.

I am not saying Kanu did right by throwing insults about but there are things we must stand against especially when it is done by the government.

And the best way to stand against those things is to call for genocide? Go read about the Rwandan civil war.

As for voting Buhari, I believe everyone has a right to vote whoever they choose.
I had always been a strong supporter of Buhari even when people were spreading the news of this islamization story. I never believed even when it was confirmed to me, but I kept praying for revelation. This was after he lost to Yaradua.
Fastforward,2011/12,Buhari paid a condolence visit to Mrs H. Awolowo,i was watching Channels TV and there he was being interviewed:
Reporter:what do think about Bokoharam,how should they be handled?
buhari:niger delta militants were given amnesty so same should be done for Boko.
Me: shocked
At that time,the U.N building had come down,the police 'headquarters' was down,i can't remember if St Theresa had come down.
buhari showed no sympathy or empathy,he was simply fighting for the right of these killers. There and then I knew that he wasn't the one.

undecided

I Guess now that he is president he has given amnesty to boko haram.

Guess who said boko haram members were his brothers and sisters... Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.

As for corruption,the present admin is the great grand master of corruption

Talk is cheap. Cite some examples. Otherwise you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by achi4u(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
Afam4eva:
@topic
I think it's angreed fact that there are probably more Igbo muslims in Ebonyi than anywhere else in the south east. However, nobody seems to be paying attention to the fact that there's also a sizeable Igbo muslim population in the Igbo speaking part of Delta state particularly around Ibuzor.
And I'm yet to see/meet one here in Abakaliki the Ebonyi state capital with the sizable number of Afikpo people Leaving here.
So, forget that ur Igbo Muslims of Ebonyi extraction.
Face your Enugu ~Benue axis...

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by achi4u(m): 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
shallysgirl:
You are just taking this to another level. Nobody is rejecting Islam.we are just pointing out that igbo muslims are few in number.
Point of correction dear;
We reject, rejected and will continue to abhor anything Islam in SE and Igboland in general no matter their Greek gift, we can never surrender to this barbaric religion that has no human face.

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by SlayerForever: 3:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
[s]
Theakthedream:

Reponding to your nonsense is a waste of time.. You ate not making any sense... Hate filled mind.
[/s]

Adios Diablo.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
Long story.
Didn't read but saw something like 'dividing yorubas'.i have no business dividing yorubas cos I have nothing to gain from it.
My opinion still remains what it is. Good evening. [quote author=ElsonMorali post=60849452][/quote]
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by morisnewrain(m): 8:26am On Sep 29, 2017
wilfrik200:

I am from Ebonyi and have never in my lifetime met an igbo Muslim from Ebonyi, this is a statement of fact and not mere assumption.
However, i detest the idea of judging people based on their religious inclinations. we have good and bad Muslims and same goes to Christians.
My best friends in my work place are mostly Muslims and non-igloos. Love conquers hates in the end!
Bros you need to go where they are Ebonyi predominantly Uwanah and few at afikpo. Uwanah is where the federal polytechnic in Ebonyi situated. I've been to the place. One of my friend lecture in the polytechnic. They are historic Muslims not convertee. You can take an adventure to the place.

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by morisnewrain(m): 8:31am On Sep 29, 2017
waledeji:

Ipod terrorist cheesy cheesy cheesy
imagine the picture of you leader. See his cap. Error! Error!! Error!!! Nigeria cote of arms on his cap. Meaning Nnamdi Kanu is Namadi Sambo's cousin. Lol
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by true2god: 9:39am On Sep 29, 2017
shallysgirl:
Nobody is rejecting Islam but Mohammed rejected non-muslims and call them (including the Igbos) the worst of creation (Quran 98:6). It is ironic that Yoruba Muslims call Igbos intolerant folks while Islam is the world's most militant and intolerant religion. How many churches do we have in Saudi Arabia, Iran and Sudan?

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2017
Can some of you listen to yourself?
You are telling an igbo man too go on an adventure or tour to see/find an igbo muslim .doesn't make sense. Fact still remains that igbo muslims are a negligible number.
morisnewrain:
Bros you need to go where they are Ebonyi predominantly Uwanah and few at afikpo. Uwanah is where the federal polytechnic in Ebonyi situated. I've been to the place. One of my friend lecture in the polytechnic. They are historic Muslims not convertee. You can take an adventure to the place.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by 40kobo77: 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
shallysgirl:
This thread is for every Nigerian.
We keep reading people write things like Ebonyi Muslim this, Ebonyi muslim that, igbo muslim bla blah blah.
We need to clarify this Igbo and Ebonyi muslim story once and for all.
I am Igbo, I finished school more than 15years ago, so you can guess my age.
In my whole life, I have only met one igbo muslim and that was when I served in the north. Before then I didn't even know there were Igbos that were muslims so i found it difficult to believe at first but I was later convinced by his colleagues. The guy was the president of his faculty's muslim students association.
I read about them though,but I never see or meet them,even on TV.
I have also heard one or two Igbos who also have Islamic name,like Mustapha Chike-Obi who isn't even a muslim, I saw one on TV last week Dumebi Abubakar who was on the cast of a movie, and during my national service there was also this Igbo lady married to northern muslim,but she wasn't a muslim.
After I met the igbo muslim during service, I made enquiries and found out there is a large family in Enugu Abdullahaziz Udeh family who are predominantly muslims. Coincidentally,the Igbo muslim guy I met is also from Enugu state too.
This past week, I have been asking Igbos around me(some of them older than I am) if they have ever physically met an igbo muslim, and none has ever met or seen one physically. They have also heard about them but never met them physically.
I am not saying there are no igbo muslims but I think they are just a small number of them.
This is not a hate thread or a bigotry thread, but a thread to clarify.
My question is where are these Igbo and Ebonyi muslims hiding?
Have you ever met an igbo muslim physically before?

Mumu.

No wonder. Na that Bush Ebonyi you come from. Have you ever seen a plane in your life?
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 4:59pm On Nov 24, 2017
Pains grin Ndo, ntoor grin
40kobo77:

Mumu.

No wonder. Na that Bush Ebonyi you come from. Have you ever seen a plane in your life?
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Amoto94(m): 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2018
Hmmm
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Guestlander: 7:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
achi4u:
Point of correction dear;
We reject, rejected and will continue to abhor anything Islam in SE and Igboland in general no matter their Greek gift, we can never surrender to this barbaric religion that has no human face.

You need to accept the fact that there are ibo Muslims and they will continue to assert themselves as time goes on.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 10, 2018
shallysgirl:
This thread is for every Nigerian.
We keep reading people write things like Ebonyi Muslim this, Ebonyi muslim that, igbo muslim bla blah blah.
We need to clarify this Igbo and Ebonyi muslim story once and for all.
I am Igbo, I finished school more than 15years ago, so you can guess my age.
In my whole life, I have only met one igbo muslim and that was when I served in the north. Before then I didn't even know there were Igbos that were muslims so i found it difficult to believe at first but I was later convinced by his colleagues. The guy was the president of his faculty's muslim students association.
I read about them though,but I never see or meet them,even on TV.
I have also heard one or two Igbos who also have Islamic name,like Mustapha Chike-Obi who isn't even a muslim, I saw one on TV last week Dumebi Abubakar who was on the cast of a movie, and during my national service there was also this Igbo lady married to northern muslim,but she wasn't a muslim.
After I met the igbo muslim during service, I made enquiries and found out there is a large family in Enugu Abdullahaziz Udeh family who are predominantly muslims. Coincidentally,the Igbo muslim guy I met is also from Enugu state too.
This past week, I have been asking Igbos around me(some of them older than I am) if they have ever physically met an igbo muslim, and none has ever met or seen one physically. They have also heard about them but never met them physically.
I am not saying there are no igbo muslims but I think they are just a small number of them.
This is not a hate thread or a bigotry thread, but a thread to clarify.
My question is where are these Igbo and Ebonyi muslims hiding?
Have you ever met an igbo muslim physically before?

Hahahahhaha grin
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by SoldierPikin: 6:53am On Oct 25, 2019
Nukualofa:
Igbo culture and Islam are not compatible. We are NOT Muslims
And not naturally Christian either.

But you converted to those religions.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:58am On Oct 25, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Dies Of COVID-19 Complication – IMN Confirms (photos) / Elections: Remove Lagos REC, Cancel Oluomo's Contract, LP Urges INEC / Moment INEC Issued Ahmadu Fintiri Certificate Of Return (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.