Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) (21975 Views)

FG Lifts Suspension On Humanitarian NGOs In The Northeast / Elections Postponement: The Implications On The Common Nigerian / “not Even UN Can Stop The NGO Bill” – Umar Buba Jibril For House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by JaffyJoe(m): 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
Rubbish. If the few reasonable in the senate, religious bodies, academicians, health-workers, and other sensible social-economic groups allow this to fly, then we are doomed.

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by akaahs(m): 2:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
benosky:
I think this government is gradually switching into a TOTALITARIAN SYSTEM. The bill sounds so good on the surface but digging deep I believe this is a dangerous piece of legislation.

Imagine when your local contribution ( osusu by igbos, ajo by Yoruba's) can't operate anymore without authorization from abuja.

The speed at wish the bill scale through the first and second reading makes it more suspicious.

I think this government is up to something with this (ambiguous bill) .

I just pray the effect won't be more than what we presume.

Exactly bro, ur head dey there. D most annoyed part is, u HV to explain ur source of income, no of staff to employed nd who u employed, how u spent ur money as an organisation oooo and even ur assets if d government are not satisfied u have to surrender them. God help us but we need to stand up against did bill

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by akaahs(m): 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
meelerh:
Hmmm. Why Do we need NGO since Nigeria isnt having War and what's the use of those government agencies established for welfare of citizens?

What's the use of the Nigerian senate self

Sister for now we need them because our government have fail us wonderfully. Just imagine without NGOs in d north east.
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by akaahs(m): 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
omowolewa:
The crafty way Mosques and African Traditional Religion was not included in examples of NGO speaks volumes.

The aim of any NGO regulation should be to ensure they carry out their mandates not seeking to regulate pools of fund already taxed abinitio.

Tithes for example, has already been taxed in the hands of Church members before it's donated. Therefore, it not an income to the church but funds held in trust. The duty of trust is between Church and it's members regarding its usage. Not Government's headache.

Government should not go against the.constitution by cripple freedom of associations in the name of regulations.

NGOs remains a vehicle to achieving Corporate Social Responsibility which government failed to do or not obliged to do.

Wake up Nigerians

Nice one bro, if any NGOS flaws any law what's the use of police, efcc, icpc and others regulatory agencies

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by akaahs(m): 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
fabulousfortune:
Just be of gud behaviour angry

U mean all this while d guy have been on his worse behaviour?
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by kpaofame: 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hahaha....Religious organizations are on the long thing...

They are not concerned about laws made in the land, so they will cry wolf when it is been implemented
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Albion05: 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
I think our people should conduct and verify information first before commenting. This bill will strangulate the little pressure the Civil Society mount on Federal government and other levels and aspects of governance in delivering a good and efficient governance to the populace. The NGO already has rules and regulations governing them, why this new bill. Implement and execute those ones. Before an NGO is established you have to meet all the requirements before registering it with the CAC. I sense foul play. An example of such NGO is Doctors without Border that has been helping the incapacitated FG. This NGO helps in fullfilling Social Responsibility that our FG can not do. Our politicians will abuse these law to the fullest. It simply means that any Church or any NGO or Civil Society that does not dance in the same tune to them will be denied their License. Imagine Church Organization listing all the donations, tithes and offerings they get to the FG and state what they will use it for before they can spend it. Am not saying that these Non Governmental Organizations should not be regulated, they already have sufficient laws guiding them. They should implement and try any of them found wanting but not establishing this bill. Let us remember that this is Non - Governmental Organization not government agency. We have so many things to monitor if the FG is looking for what to monitor. The Constutiency projects that our Legilasture do away with what have the FG done about it. Our freedom of expression is under treat. This particular government want to cage every body in one corner. That can not happen and personally I don't subscribe to this bill at all because there are laws already to fish out the people that go against the rules and regulations governing the NGO and Civil Society Organizations.
akaahs:

Sister for now we need them because our government have fail us wonderfully. Just imagine without NGOs in d north east.

4 Likes

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Bimpe29: 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
The bill seems to bring more harm than good to Nigerian state. Some of the NGOs will find it unpalatable to surrender their vehicles/assets to Government at the close of their projects.

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by tosign4real(m): 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
I don't think you understand the conspiracy going on in Nigeria or maybe you're a part.
[/b]
DeutschJunge:
[b]Some people are just born to hate^^^^^
Can't you see that at the end of the sentence they included "etc" doesn't that mean mosques are included?
Must you cry foul in everything? Are you trying to say there are no Christians in the committee that came up with that bill.. come on mahn.. stop that mentality, its weak and disgusting..
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
akaahs:

U mean all this while d guy have been on his worse behaviour?
I guess so
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by suyamasta(m): 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
The Bill issa rubbish
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by amunites19(m): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
There is no problem in testing the drugs which NGOs use or checking of final result after a program is concluded, if there is an improvement compared with before. but the problem of fully regulating is fear of corruption where by some people can be using it for their personal interest, there are cases of selling free drugs which are not for sale in markets sourced from NGOs, or demanding money from the NGOs before they get access to do their work.
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Ballack1(m): 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
The bill is rubbish

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
akaahs:

Yes but we need only local ngo's not information theives
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
yinkuscious:
Do we need NGO's? I fear for people like you. If not for public health NGO's, do you know what HIV and others would have caused to the Nigerian states?
If not for NGO's, most of the awareness we have today, will the government be able to facilititate that alone?
So you think it is only during war that we need NGO's? Smh

Fear yourself. Wether you like it or not NGO is failure of governance. If everything is functioning properly would all these NGO be trooping into Nigeria??
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by einsteine(m): 4:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
Oga, in matters of law, things should be made explicit. How can you assume mosques would be part of the "etc". Wait till an Islamic body excludes itself from the bill saying it is a mosque and mosques were not included in the bill.

DeutschJunge:
Some people are just born to hate^^^^^
Can't you see that at the end of the sentence they included "etc" doesn't that mean mosques are included?
Must you cry foul in everything? Are you trying to say there are no Christians in the committee that came up with that bill.. come on mahn.. stop that mentality, its weak and disgusting..
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by HarmonyDee(f): 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
stupid bill.
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by yinkuscious(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
meelerh:

Fear yourself. Wether you like it or not NGO is failure of governance. If everything is functioning properly would all these NGO be trooping into Nigeria??
There is no country where the government does everything. Government only make and regulate policy. Read!
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by ofwest47(m): 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2017
I am sorry for all these Christian collards it is always a shout of Islamization as if to say those who passed the bill were all
Muslim. undecidedI am sorry for all these Christian dullards, it is always a shout of Islamization as if to say those who passed the bill were all Muslims .
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
DeutschJunge:
It would have being better they included mosque to avoid suspicion.
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Evidenx(m): 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
The islamization agenda mode activated...thats how turkey started as a country, a total Christian nation like turkey even mentioned in the books of revelations in the Bible today is now an Islamic country... that's what they want to do too here in Nigeria, and the painful aspect is that Christians are not UNited, you will see them coming here to back up this bill and even commenting rubbish.. so sad.
let's unite and fight this demonic agenda, it's from the pit of hell.
#lStandWithTheChurch.
#IStandWithJesusChrist.
#NoToOppresion.
#NoToIslamizationAgenda.

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
Apc and drama. You think these politicians are not aware of our reactions? This bill is dead on arrival but it will cause drama from now till November to make most Nigerians busy with gossips, debates and talk leaving the reality on ground.
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Evidenx(m): 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
ofwest47:
I am sorry for all these Christian collards it is always a shout of Islamization as if to say those who passed the bill were all
Muslim. undecidedI am sorry for all these Christian dullards, it is always a shout of Islamization as if to say those who passed the bill were all Muslims .
FUEL AND FIRE FALL ON YOU.
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
yinkuscious:
There is no country where the government does everything. Government only make and regulate policy. Read!

Go n read about Nigeria first
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by curiousmind11: 10:41pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hi,
I signed a petition to House of Representatives: Federal Republic of Nigeria which says:
"HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES STOP THE NGO REGULATORY BILL"
Will you sign this petition? Click here:
http://citizengo.org/en/87221-house-representatives-stop-ngo-regulatory-bill?tc=wp&tcid=39952965
Thanks!​

Evidenx
HarmonyDee
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Ajisebioyolaari: 4:13am On Sep 26, 2017
angry
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Ajisebioyolaari: 4:14am On Sep 26, 2017
meelerh:

Instead of you to just keep shut and stop displaying your folly. Which evening school did you attend again? Half-baked, sophomoric ignoramus. This is not a romance topic, stick to your forté.

Oh I see, you are a muslim. No wonder! Since mosques are exempted from the clause, the bill will surely have your support. They can draft a bill of over 10,000 words but feel too lazy to type mosques and too eager to type churches etc. Bigots. I'm expecting your senseless response as usual. Type rubbish again & you'll hate yourself for it. Iranu

2 Likes

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by meforkene(m): 5:43am On Sep 26, 2017
DeutschJunge:

Young man,the word "mosque " is so dangerously popular for obvious reasons in this country and should never be assumed to be inside etc...

Or are they talking to a certain group of people "directly"?
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by abujamal: 8:20am On Sep 26, 2017
chinoxstock:
I see churches but I see no mosques...

Somebody talk to me.
the way of operation in the mosque is different from that of churches
You can only compare churches with Islamic organizations like Nasfat and other Asalatul organizations. Going to mosque is different from attending Nasfat (voluntary)
Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by obosirow: 10:15am On Sep 26, 2017
benosky:
I think this government is gradually switching into a TOTALITARIAN SYSTEM. The bill sounds so good on the surface but digging deep I believe this is a dangerous piece of legislation.

Imagine when your local contribution ( osusu by igbos, ajo by Yoruba's) can't operate anymore without authorization from abuja.

The speed at wish the bill scale through the first and second reading makes it more suspicious.

I think this government is up to something with this (ambiguous bill) .

I just pray the effect won't be more than what we presume.

Article 6b is where the ambiguity lies.
If the board is made up of majority hardcore Islamist, you can be rest assured that the church will be at the mercy of the Board members...same thing that played out when they wanted to amend our academic curriculum and force Christians to study Islamic studies and make arabic studies a criteria for securing employment in the Nigerian labour market.

The Bill is ridden with falsehood and not in the long term interest of other religious groups that aren't islam.
Churches are mentioned; why is there no mention of Mosques? There's a sinister agenda to clandestinely annihilate the church in Nigeria. I pity people that look at this as mere regulation...it's all part of sinister agenda to turn Nigeria into a one religion state.

Fear not, These are the word of Jesus himself; Matthew 16:18: And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

1 Like

Re: The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 26, 2017
yinkuscious:

Mr I know what I said
Is the government in Nigeria working in the first place. Please don't quote me if you haven't understood what I said. Mind you I work in an NGO I know wat I'm saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Arrestors Of Today Would Be Arrested Tomorrow - Fayose Reacts / IPOB Members Mock Nigeria As They Declare No 2019 Election (Photos) / Ekiti, Ondo, Kwara And Benue Ready To Pay New Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.