Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget (1952 Views)

How Anenih Made Me Leave PDP- Edo Former Gov. / Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih / Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by ohisng(m): 11:54am On Mar 04, 2010
In a recent live TV interview, the Edo State Governor; Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has revealed how the erstwhile political godfather- Tony Anenih, doctors the budget of Edo State!!
The comrade governor said on assumption of office, he met with stiff opposition from the legislative arm headed then by zakawanu garuba. Tony Anenih invited them ( the new governor and the then speaker of EDHA) to Abuja so they can find a way to resolve the impasse. Out of respect for Anenih and hoping to get the budget passed, the governor went. Only to get there and find that Anenih had deleted all the key proposals he made. Anenih started giving orders on how many roads should be constructed, schools to be built, where they are to be built amongst other things. The governor said he was so dazzled he couldnt speak. Anenih then asked the speaker to go and pass the budget as he (Anenih) had amended it properly! This happened on a weekend and by monday, the then speaker in the house passed the budget as amended by Anenih!! The governor said, he had to collapse some sub-heads to raise money to start some of the proposals he wanted to do for the state which the EDHA on the orders of Anenih had cancelled!!

MY COMMENTS- Am for once speechless, now we can begin to see how Edo state got to this state under Igbinedion and Osunbor- Governor proposes a budget, Anenih amends it to suit his taste and his puppy EDHA passes the budget!!

Source: Independent Television, Benin City. National Life Newspaper Sunday February 28th edition!
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by kosovo(m): 12:10pm On Mar 04, 2010
The Governor is really doing a great Job contrary to all the Proported Noise made by various quaters that the Governor is a Talker. My sources have magisterially confirmed that His administration has brought smiles to the people of the state. Confirmation of massive Roads expansion, reconstruction and renovation projects are also valid.
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by ohisng(m): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2010
Thank u jare!
@snowdrops? My brother where u dey with ur never ending fault finding complaining replies? Am waiting oh! I trust u wont disappoint me!!
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by snowdrops(m): 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2010
ohisng:

In a recent live TV interview, the Edo State Governor; Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has revealed how the erstwhile political godfather- Tony Anenih, doctors the budget of Edo State!!
The comrade governor said on assumption of office, he met with stiff opposition from the legislative arm headed then by zakawanu garuba. Tony Anenih invited them ( the new governor and the then speaker of EDHA) to Abuja so they can find a way to resolve the impasse. Out of respect for Anenih and hoping to get the budget passed, the governor went. Only to get there and find that Anenih had deleted all the key proposals he made. Anenih started giving orders on how many roads should be constructed, schools to be built, where they are to be built amongst other things. The governor said he was so dazzled he couldnt speak. Anenih then asked the speaker to go and pass the budget as he (Anenih) had amended it properly! This happened on a weekend and by monday, the then speaker in the house passed the budget as amended by Anenih!! The governor said, he had to collapse some sub-heads to raise money to start some of the proposals he wanted to do for the state which the EDHA on the orders of Anenih had cancelled!!

MY COMMENTS- Am for once speechless, now we can begin to see how Edo state got to this state under Igbinedion and Osunbor- Governor proposes a budget, Anenih amends it to suit his taste and his puppy EDHA passes the budget!!

Source: Independent Television, Benin City. National Life Newspaper Sunday February 28th edition!
And am i surprised that the governor is making these shocking allegations in the wake of a coup overthrowing the democratically elected speaker of the state house of assembly. If someone no matter how higly placed tried arm twisting you into doctoring a states budget, why keep silent about it for several months? Are you not as such complicit in the alledged crime?
Give a dog a bad name before hanging it.
Oshimhole; talk less act more. Our ears are full to the brim of your verbosity/verbal diarrhoea.
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On Mar 04, 2010
Source of info:

If this is true, i am not surprised, cos Leaders in Nigeria is all about themselves and not the people
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by ohisng(m): 2:52pm On Mar 04, 2010
Aha snowdrops!! I knew i would hear from u and like i said ur response is just what i expected- cluttered and ramblings of a one obsessed with seeing nothing good with anything from the governor!
If the governor wants chaos, as soon as he returned from abuja, he would have exposed it all and killed off PDP politically in the state.
I dont know if u watched the interview or read the newspaper. If u did, u would have known he was saying it to prove a point- the amount of arm twisting that political so-called godfathers put on leaders.
2ndly, most of the projects he wanted to carry out, he still was able to carry out by collapsing some sub-heads so why battle when there is no need?
There is HARD DOCUMENTED evidence to prove that anenih doctored (and has been doctoring the state budget).
Where is the HARD DOCUMENTED evidence to prove ur ramblings of a governor who overthrew a democratically (?) elected speaker?
If the man was elected democratically, the question is- HE SHOULD HAVE ALLOWED THE IMPEACHMENT PROCEDURE TO GO TO A LAWFUL END AND ALLOW FOR VOTING SO HE CAN SHOW THAT HE HAS MAJORITY SUPPORT?
Even U has the common sense to see the shamefulness of the actions of the PDP legislators (at least i hope u do)
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by snowdrops(m): 8:27pm On Mar 04, 2010
I will ask you one simple question and PLEASE dont give me mumbo jumbo for an answer;

Why is your boss Oshmiomhole protecting his boss Lucky Igbinedion?

Why has he never condemned him for the billions he looted from Edo state?

Why does he keep attending functions of the Ex-Esama family, drinking, dining, wining, "pepper-souping" and "suyaing" with them?

If he really wants to uproot corruption, poverty and godfatherism from Edo state, why not attack the full AXIS OF EVIL that befalls the state
ie, Tony Anenih, Ogbemudia and Igbenedion?
Why has he focussed all attention and energy on one? He surely is doing his masters biddings namely the latter two.
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by Fhemmmy: 8:32pm On Mar 04, 2010
snowdrops:

I will ask you one simple question and PLEASE dont give me mumbo jumbo for an answer;

Why is your boss Oshmiomhole protecting his boss Lucky Igbinedion?

Why has he never condemned him for the billions he looted from Edo state?

Why does he keep attending functions of the Ex-Esama family, drinking, dining, wining, "pepper-souping" and "suyaing" with them?

If he really wants to uproot corruption, poverty and godfatherism from Edo state, why not attack the full AXIS OF EVIL that befalls the state
ie, Tony Anenih, Ogbemudia and Igbenedion?
Why has he focussed all attention and energy on one? He surely is doing his masters biddings namely the latter two.

I will be back to read the respond to that one
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by 9jawear(m): 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2010
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! se nah like this we go dey for this country, chei omo can you imagine
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by lannre(m): 8:47pm On Mar 04, 2010
@ Snowdrops

You are debating objectively, I am interested in the response too.
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by marvix(m): 8:47pm On Mar 04, 2010
Snowdrops a tactical General does not atack on all sides at d same time sometimes he allies with an enemy to overcome another so Oshiomole is also wise.
I'm sure u read dat Oshiomole was d Gov dat advised Jonathan not to be on d wrong side of history by seating in council to unseat his principal, these are very critical times in our development as a nation and we can't afford to fail
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by Fhemmmy: 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2010
Ok oh
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by lannre(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2010
marvix:

Snowdrops a tactical [b]General [/b]does not atack on all sides at d same time sometimes he allies with an enemy to overcome another so Oshiomole is also wise.

so when did Oshiomole retired from the Army ?
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by Fhemmmy: 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2010
lannre:

so when did Oshiomole retired from the Army ?

Getting more interesting
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by snowdrops(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I will be back to read the respond to that one
I am waiting for one from "you know who" myself undecided
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by marvix(m): 8:55pm On Mar 04, 2010
@lannre, I thot d forum was 4 educated and enlightened people with a good level of reasonin and d ability to understand figures of speech. Hope I havnt confused u even more
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by Fhemmmy: 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2010
snowdrops:

I am waiting for one from "you know who" myself undecided
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by snowdrops(m): 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2010
lannre:

@ Snowdrops

You are debating objectively, I am interested in the response too.  
Thanks man. This is a brillaint medium to debate the politics of the day and matters arising in Edo state. They may silence us with guns and armoury on the streets but they cannot police the internet and deny us our basic and fundermental and Gods given right of speaking the truth; the raw unadulterated one.

A blind man may not notice a grain of sand deliberately put into his garri, but if you keep adding sand it will get to a stage when he will shout; ALAS ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I AM BEING POISONED!!

It is time to speak up about the ills in our society Edo state in particular, especially by people like us devoid of any political affiliations.
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by Fhemmmy: 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2010
snowdrops:

Thanks man. This is a brillaint medium to debate the politics of the day and matters arising in Edo state. They may silence us with guns and armoury on the streets but they cannot police the internet and deny us our basic and fundermental and Gods given right of speaking the truth; the raw unadulterated one.

A blind man may not notice a grain of sand deliberately put into his garri, but if you keep adding sand it will get to a stage when he will shout; ALAS ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I AM BEING POISONED!!

It is time to speak up about the ills in our society Edo state in particular, especially by people like us devoid of any political affiliations.

You are hitting the right spot. Bro
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by snowdrops(m): 9:07pm On Mar 04, 2010
marvix:

Snowdrops a tactical General does not atack on all sides at d same time sometimes he allies with an enemy to overcome another so Oshiomole is also wise.
I'm sure u read dat Oshiomole was d Gov dat advised Jonathan not to be on d wrong side of history by seating in council to unseat his principal, these are very critical times in our development as a nation and we can't afford to fail
I am unaware if he persuaded the acting president as you alledge. I agree, there are not permanent friends in politics but permanent interests. Nevertheless, its the people that are supposed to have elected him there so his primary constituency should be the people. Particularly for a man as Oshiomhole who breezed into office with a massive populist support. Any political machinations he engaged in should be aimed at improving the living standards in the state and not of his pocket and that of the godfathers in the AC.
Therefore aligning with Lucky Igbinedion is completely nonesensical, diabolical and a betrayal of his mandate. He should visit Lucky when in prison not in Nicon hotel.
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2010
snowdrops:

And am i surprised that the governor is making these shocking allegations in the wake of a coup overthrowing the democratically elected speaker of the state house of assembly. If someone no matter how higly placed tried arm twisting you into doctoring a states budget, why keep silent about it for several months? Are you not as such complicit in the alledged crime?
Oshimhole; talk less act more. Our ears are full to the brim of your verbosity/verbal diarrhoea.

[/quote
this guy must be sick!!
kosovo link=topic=407794.msg5625620#msg5625620 date=1267701032:

The Governor is really doing a great Job contrary to all the Proported Noise made by various quaters that the Governor is a Talker. My sources have magisterially confirmed that His administration has brought smiles to the people of the state. Confirmation of massive Roads expansion, reconstruction and renovation projects are also valid.
can you tell your source to post some pics please!!
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2010
snowdrops:

snowdrops:

this guy must be sick,
kosovo:

can please tell your source to provide you with some pictures.
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by snowdrops(m): 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2010
~Bluetooth:

this guy must be sick, can please tell your source to provide you with some pictures.
Is that all you could offer? Two sentences!! You surely could do better TROLL.
You copy and paste peoples posts to hide your lack of intelligent input to the thread.
Get lost or just read what others have said if you are bereft of common sense.
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by mafioso2(m): 10:04pm On Mar 04, 2010
I always knew that man is talkative i could remember when the EDHA refused to pass the budget he used the Student union to protest and the budget was passed, and why is it now that he is coming out to say all this nonsense?, was he scared of (Impeachment) then or he is just trying to make Edo State people look at him as a Saint.?
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 04, 2010
snowdrops:

Is that all you could offer? Two sentences!! You surely could do better TROLL.
You copy and paste peoples posts to hide your lack of intelligent input to the thread.
Get lost or just read what others have said if you are bereft of common sense.
we know people like you.now tell me if you hadnt seen any difference in edo state.anenih is not only an edo state problem but a nation disaster.i was in edo last two weeks and i noticed from the airport the dualisation of the road.on getting to the ring road, i was surprised at the sight of what i saw compared to when the place was a motorpark.oshiomhole promised to work when he came into power and i believe he's trying his best but when sick retard like you critise unnecessarily and i begin to wonder why some people have dull brains.i learnt anenih fought with all the civilian governors of the state starting from ambrose ali to osunbor just because they go against his order.the ube board ought to have been sworn in since 2008 while the commissioner nominees were not cleared by the pdp-controlled house of assembly for no just reason.i watched the house of reps proceedings today and i pitied edo state for having bunch of i d i o t s who dont have the state at their heart as representatives but to fulfil the wish of their political godfather.i'm not from edo so i dont care about anything about the state but godfatherism in politics is what i despise and if making anenih politically irrelevant is the only thing oshiomhole could achieve in edo state,then kudos to him.
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by snowdrops(m): 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2010
~Bluetooth:

we know people like you.now tell me if you hadnt seen any difference in edo state.anenih is not only an edo state problem but a nation disaster.i was in edo last two weeks and i noticed from the airport the dualisation of the road.on getting to the ring road, i was surprised at the sight of what i saw compared to when the place was a motorpark.oshiomhole promised to work when he came into power and i believe he's trying his best but when sick retard like you critise unnecessarily and i begin to wonder why some people have dull brains.i learnt anenih fought with all the civilian governors of the state starting from ambrose ali to osunbor just because they go against his order.the ube board ought to have been sworn in since 2008 while the commissioner nominees were not cleared by the pdp-controlled house of assembly for no just reason.i watched the house of reps proceedings today and i pitied edo state for having bunch of i d i o t s who dont have the state at their heart as representatives but to fulfil the wish of their political godfather.i'm not from edo so i dont care about anything about the state but godfatherism in politics is what i despise and if making anenih politically irrelevant is the only thing oshiomhole could achieve in edo state,then kudos to him.
I hold you in contempt from that statement.

You manage to join more than two sentences, only to line every single one with insults and personal attacks.

Is that how you were raised by your parents? You dont win arguements by foul-mouthed tirades in the real world.

I wont stoop down to your level by engaging in an argement/discussion. You are reported.

ps; there have been some noticeable transforamtion in the city, but at what cost? To peoples live, shelter, misnaged and looted funds, government propaganda, deceipt, etc. Edo state deserves better. Thats what those of us WHO ARE FROM AND CARE ABOUT EDO STATE are pointing out.
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by Jaylon(m): 10:26pm On Mar 04, 2010
If this is true, does the Governor realize what he is saying about himself as a leader ?
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by snowdrops(m): 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2010
Jaylon:

If this is true, does the Governor realize what he is saying about himself as a leader ?
bravo.
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by mafioso2(m): 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2010
@Bluetooth abi Infrared

Don't say what you don't know i Am from Edo state though am not in Naija but i know everything going on there and i won't hide the fact that i was and still a card carrier of the PDP(though not the Anenih Faction), if Osho-obama(lol) is really what he says he is why is he given those PDP Decampees (Igbaf's and the Bob's) Govt Portfolios when the people that fought for him during the elections don't even have say in the Govt
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2010
snowdrops:

I hold you in contempt from that statement.

You manage to join more than two sentences, only to line every single one with insults and personal attacks.

Is that how you were raised by your parents? You dont win arguements by foul-mouthed tirades in the real world.

I wont stoop down to your level by engaging in an argement/discussion. You are reported.

ps; there have been some noticeable transforamtion in the city, but at what cost? To peoples live, shelter, misnaged and looted funds, government propaganda, deceipt, etc. Edo state deserves better. Thats what those of us WHO ARE FROM AND CARE ABOUT EDO STATE are pointing out.

pdp bastardized the state for almost 10 years,nobody complained but here is somebody that just spent 1 year in office and people are expecting miracles.tell me something new that i have not hear about governance in edo state cuz it seem i know more you.critize wisely and dont be a sadist
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by debosky(m): 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2010
bluetooth - kindly express yourself without insults.

Thanks
Re: How Anenih Doctors Edo State Budget by snowdrops(m): 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2010
~Bluetooth:

pdp bastardized the state for almost 10 years,nobody complained but here is somebody that just spent 1 year in office and people are expecting miracles.tell me something new that i have not hear about governance in edo state cuz it seem i know more you.critize wisely and dont be a sadist
You continue to remind me you know little about the state.
The same PDP that basterdized the state as you described it for 10 years is the force that brought Oshiomhole into office and remains behind him.
Lucky Igbinedion bankrolled his campaign, and thats a fact. Virtually all the persons in Igbinedions cabinet and government are now in AC, welcomed with open arms by Oshiomhole. That is not transparency, it is not change. It is old wine in a new drum. It still taste old.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pay Deduction Scam Rocks Nig Police. / 18 Year Old Adeyinka Adeola Become Lagos Landlords Through The Maltina Promo! / Are Nairalanders Representative Of Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.