Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,719 members, 7,809,732 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise (23642 Views)

Dino Melaye Celebrates His Daughter's 10th Birthday / Dino Melaye ‏celebrates Easter With His Children (Photos) / Senator Dino Melaye Celebrates Son's Birthday With This Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by abu12: 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye has declared the process to recall him is dead as the petition has expired.

In a press conference, Melaye said he will not no longer be in a haste to take any further step on the matter so as not to be seen to have aided any party, especially the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), in the continued blatant breach of the provisions of the Constitution.

He stated that the 90 days period, as provided for in the Constitution for conducting the referendum elapsed by effluxion of time on the 23rd day of September 2017. He cited section 69 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended to buttress his claim.

“It is apposite at this point, to give you a brief history or the political reasons behind the politically motivated recall orchestrated by Yahaya Bello, the governor of Kogi State and Senator Smart Adeyemi. It is public knowledge that workers in Kogi State have not received their salaries for a period of more than six months now prior to 23rd June 2017. It was on this premise, that I, Senator Dino Melaye, lent my voice to that of the suffering masses in Kogi State, to call for the prompt payment of all salaries owed workers in the state and the reopening of all closed tertiary institutions in the state.

“Gentlemen of the press, it is common knowledge, that several attempts were made to assassinate me as a result of this. It was only after several attempts at my life failed, that they resorted to this sham process of recall.

“On the 23rd day of June, 2017, certain persons claiming to be my constituents, purportedly submitted a petition to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on the ground that they have lost confidence in me. It would interest you to know that the major ground for the alleged loss of confidence in me, was that I was constantly speaking against the Governor of Kogi State, for his high handedness in the administration of the state.
“I instructed my lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome, SAN, to file an action in court, challenging the entire process on several grounds. The processes were duly served on INEC on the 28th day of June 2017, whereas INEC eventually filed its defence to the said originating processes one whole month after the service of the originating processes on it.
Despite INEC’s failure to file defence to my court processes, they suddenly woke up after a court had granted an order, directing them to maintain status quo pending the hearing of the Originating Summons. They rushed to court, filed several applications, inclusive of an application before a brother vacation judge in the Federal High Court, asking him to interfere with the discretionary powers of another brother judge, who had already ordered that status quo be maintained.
“I was reliably informed by my Lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome, that it is an elementary principle of law, that a court of coordinate jurisdiction, cannot sit on appeal over a judgment or order of a brother judge. It was at this point that I personally felt, that it is either INEC’s lawyers, are not well versed in the law, or that they are exhibiting unusual desperation in their avowed determination to unseat me from the National Assembly, under the close guidance of Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State and Senator Smart Adeyemi. It is pertinent to state here that the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice Kogi State, was physically present in court on the day of judgment, even when neither him, nor the Kogi State Government was party to the suit. Indeed the judge glowingly recognized his presence.
“You are all aware that the trial court had since delivered its judgment and I have instructed my lawyer, Chief Mike Ozekhome SAN, to file an appeal against the said judgment, which he has done.
“In this case, INEC received the petition on the 23rd day of June, 2017. The 90 days period, as provided for in the Constitution for conducting the referendum (after our verification) elapsed by effluxion of time on the 23rd day of September 2017.
“The time, as provided for in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, having elapsed by effluxion of time, I, Senator Dino Melaye, cannot and shall not under any circumstance, aid and abet INEC to further desecrate and infringe on the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which I have sworn to defend.

“I celebrate the obituary of the ‘made-in-Taiwan’ recall exercise, while sympathizing with the induced petitioners, who will obviously face charges of forgery and other criminal charges before a court of law very, very soon,” he said.

http://kogireports.com/dino-melaye-celebrates-death-of-made-in-taiwan-recall-exercise/

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by Theakthedream: 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2017
Dino the Joker...

12 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by IkpuMmiri(f): 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
idiotu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by sarrki(m): 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
Theakthedream:
Dino the Joker

Nigeria government at this stage are the joker

They need to get serious

How on earth useless looters will be allowed to go scot Free
.and will still have the audacity to mock millions of Nigeria

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by abu12: 10:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
Nigeria government need to overhaul the constitution if not, we will be going back and forth
Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by Omoluabi16(m): 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
sarrki:

They need to get serious

*in buharis voice* you are a patriot. grin

8 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by leofab(f): 12:15am On Sep 26, 2017
There was a geographical entity called Niggar area

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by Blue3k(m): 12:57am On Sep 26, 2017
This stupid because court procedures made it so the INEC couldn't act. Rationally those days shouldn't count. It's like calling time out and clock still running down. This will probably be challenged in court yet again and this clown will go back to crying and praying to God.

Front page: Lalasticlal Mynd44

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by Ratello: 2:31am On Sep 26, 2017
Going by the animalistic tendencies of this useless government of Buhari and APC and their gross contempt for the rule of law one can rightly say (although not palatable) that the Dino Recall is an exercise in futility!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by wallex1983(m): 5:10am On Sep 26, 2017
This has been Dino's permutations from the outset.

We await court pronouncements on this again

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by LUGBE: 6:47am On Sep 26, 2017
Made in Taiwan, no longer zoo kiss
Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by Celcius: 6:47am On Sep 26, 2017
This is a vibrant senator. He should be left to represent.
Na so one sleeping governor (Liyel Imoke) do and frustrated the return of one of Nigeria's finest senator ever, Ndoma Egba.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by PointZerom: 6:57am On Sep 26, 2017
abu12:
Nigeria government need to overhaul the constitution if not, we will be going back and forth

I wonder how a country will function well with a constitution written by criminal Abacha. Even some lawyers most times gets confused by this useless constitution.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by Yorubaangel(m): 7:12am On Sep 26, 2017
sarrki:

They need to get serious

So Yahaya Bella and Smart Adeyemi are the millions of Nigeria Abih? You can only hate this man if you're a friend of Babachia (the grass cutter)

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by greatiyk4u(m): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2017
And who made DINO judge over his own matter?

He thinks say na GEJ era?

No time

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by SirBrightoc(m): 7:18am On Sep 26, 2017
That is Nigerian politics for you.
At the end, just the masses suffering.
Both the people behind the petition and the embattled senator are after their selfish gains.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by toyinjimoh(m): 8:17am On Sep 26, 2017
When will they start Mr Dino recall , I hope it won't work because it works his fight with yahya bello will be d talk of d town
Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by cr7rooney10(m): 8:17am On Sep 26, 2017
Dinosuar

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by Financialfree: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2017
Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by DanielsParker(m): 8:17am On Sep 26, 2017
Okay
Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by Unbreakable007: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2017
I am not understanding.
Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by ipobarecriminals: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2017
clown

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 26, 2017
Dino is a gonner

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by Sunastech: 8:18am On Sep 26, 2017
ok
Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by princechiemekam(m): 8:19am On Sep 26, 2017
K
Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by DrOgunbuyide(m): 8:20am On Sep 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by emmabest2000(m): 8:21am On Sep 26, 2017
Dino

Nigerians are watching u like kilode

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by Intellad(m): 8:21am On Sep 26, 2017
Dino got some big meat between his legs
Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by LUGBE: 8:22am On Sep 26, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
clown

E pain am oooh tongue

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise by habex005(m): 8:22am On Sep 26, 2017
good

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Orji Uzor Kalu For President 2019" Posters Spotted In Surulere, Lagos (Photos) / Construction Works Begin On Agbara, Lusada Roads In Ogun - Photos / Security Agents Mount Surveillance On EFCC HQ, Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.