Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,139 members, 7,867,305 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:37 PM

I Am NOY BURNS, This Is My Salvation Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am NOY BURNS, This Is My Salvation Story (346 Views)

Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) / Mami Water Worshipper Burns Bible (Photos) / Painting Of Jesus Remains Untouched As First Baptist Church Burns Down In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am NOY BURNS, This Is My Salvation Story by chasewordz(m): 12:25am On Sep 26, 2017
Introduction

I’m Noy "NOY" Burns, the founder of "Blessed Circle Music". Born in Chicago, Illinois April 24th, 1983 and raised in Pasadena, CA producing inspirational music that uplifts, and motivates people to prosper. I’m blessed with a hustling spirit and I apply that same drive in my music.

My sole purpose is to bring a different element to the music world that has never been touched on before "No one brings it like NOY!" My new up and coming projects display my inspiration as I speak my devotion into a melodic existence. A basic definition of my music is someone who loves life and life loves him back. Over the years, NOY has shown himself to be an all-around artist that can adapt to different concepts and genres of music.

My family background, educational background, etc

I practically grew up with my mom, I never knew my dad and I’m currently in school majoring in music at Glendale Community College, California.

My childhood

If I remember right, it was the winter of 1994. I still lived in my hometown Pasadena California. I was in the 5th grade when I heard my first uncensored hip-hop album, by hip-hop artist Redman titled "Dare Iz A Dark Side". At that moment I absolutely fell in love with hip-hop music. I started freestyling what we called (sky rapping) not really taking it seriously but had big dreams of becoming the next big thing.

Highly inspired, I started writing lyrics down and memorizing them. At that time, if you were an independent rapper, it was something unique and rare. To try to get some affordable studio time was just about impossible when people were using analogue equipment which is more expensive to work on. Finally, I started recording in a real recording studio when I was in the 8th grade. I recorded my first song titled, "Trying To Stay Out The Cases". I was told by one of my older homies (friend) that I needed to talk about things that are going on around me, and that's exactly what I did.

My salvation story how it all started

Being raised in a high gang and drug area, I became a product of my own environment for survival purposes. In other words, I wasn't always a gospel rapper. The reason I brought this up is that it’s what shaped me into the man that I am today. In the winter of 1998, my mom passed away when I was 15 years old. She died in the same apartment building we stayed in better known to the town as the dope spot. That traumatic loss forced me to change my walk and I'm thankful it was towards the positive. On top on that, my whole style of rap advanced from what it was when my mom was alive. After that, God led me to use my gift of rapping to glorifying His Holy name.

Starting this brand new journey, I was attending Abundant Harvest Ministries. Never had much of a father figure in my life and my pastor Anthony McFarland played a major part in filling that void. I was still rough around the edges and pastor McFarland supported me 100%, providing me with professional studio time and booking me at top-notch performances. Everything was moving at a good speed but I was still not fully delivered from a few things and felt like I wasn't worthy of worship and with all I was blessed with. My pastor saw something in me that I didn't even see in myself.

READ THE FULL STORY: http://www.kingsolomonsmine.com.ng/kay-magnate-178

COURTESY KING SOLOMON'S MINE (www.kingsolomonsmine.com.ng)

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 03/10/2017 / 5 Practices For Making A Difference In Life / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.