Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

My Laptop Pops Up a delete Icon whenever I click on any file. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Pops Up a delete Icon whenever I click on any file. (1375 Views)

How Can I Delete Desktop Notepad Pops Up Everytime I Log In... / Help Black Ink On My Laptop Screen / My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Pops Up a delete Icon whenever I click on any file. by pendragon35(m): 12:26am On Sep 26, 2017
Hello,

Gurus in the building help me out.........................

Here are the
symptoms
in detail:

1. When icons are clicked, they are asked to be deleted. A pop-up window
appears
multiple times, maybe 20-50 times, asking if you want to delete a the particular icon you clicked. the obvious option would be "no", so you click no multiple times as well. I sometimes use task manager to just close all of them at one go.

2. When I do open the task bar, whatever I click on that, even without clicking end process, is automatically closed. With processes, it asks to end process immediately. But when I do try to end that particular process, another window pops-up saying error.

3. In any program that
I use, say microsoft word or excel, it auto-deletes wherever the cursor goes. Say you have one line on an word file, one sentence, if your click in the middle of the sentence, it autodeletes everything that comes after.

4. I use Autocad and that delete thing is also there. The moment I click on any drawing, it automatically deletes it without any command.

5. Lastly, in browsers, when I type anything into the address box, even to search, it's fine. However, when I try to type in the search box,there every letter will have a space, or maybe even more[/color].

This is really annoying. I've tried malwarebytes, microsoft security essentials, etc., all listed above, none worked. What did happen is it worked with Malwarebytes for a while (I had to clean everytime I used my computer). But after a week or so, nomatter what I do to clean, the problem is just there. Tried AVG, Malwarebytes, Malware Fighter[color=#006600]
, etc., No luck.

I'm really annoyed at this point and need solutions. HELP PLEASE! Even just to identify what virus this is[color=#000099][/color].

Thank you and I look. forward to []your[b]assistance[/b].

PS. so far, this is the only forum this problem has been posted on. I've looked [url]everywhere[/url]

Click here [url]now[/url]

[url]Now[/url]

Re: My Laptop Pops Up a delete Icon whenever I click on any file. by horllamy(m): 6:16am On Sep 26, 2017
Definitely one of the key on the keyboard is pressing down, is either you have to service the keyboard then if it's d same issue consider replacing the keyboard.
Re: My Laptop Pops Up a delete Icon whenever I click on any file. by pendragon35(m): 10:43am On Sep 26, 2017
is a new lappy oo,how come?
Re: My Laptop Pops Up a delete Icon whenever I click on any file. by udemzyudex(m): 6:20am On Sep 27, 2017
pendragon35:
is a new lappy oo,how come?
A new laptop can develop hardware issue within days,remove the delete key and see if it will stop and fix it back.. if problem persist,take it back since it is a new laptop.
Re: My Laptop Pops Up a delete Icon whenever I click on any file. by BetaTechnicians: 7:14am On Sep 27, 2017
pendragon35:
Hello,

Gurus in the building help me out.........................

Here are the symptoms in detail:

1. When icons are clicked, they are asked to be deleted. A pop-up window appears multiple times, maybe 20-50 times, asking if you want to delete a the particular icon you clicked. the obvious option would be "no", so you click no multiple times as well. I sometimes use task manager to just close all of them at one go.

2. When I do open the task bar, whatever I click on that, even without clicking end process, is automatically closed. With processes, it asks to end process immediately. But when I do try to end that particular process, another window pops-up saying error.

3. In any program that I use, say microsoft word or excel, it auto-deletes wherever the cursor goes. Say you have one line on an word file, one sentence, if your click in the middle of the sentence, it autodeletes everything that comes after.

4. I use Autocad and that delete thing is also there. The moment I click on any drawing, it automatically deletes it without any command.

5. Lastly, in browsers, when I type anything into the address box, even to search, it's fine. However, when I try to type in the search box,there every letter will have a space, or maybe even more.

This is really annoying. I've tried malwarebytes, microsoft security essentials, etc., all listed above, none worked. What did happen is it worked with Malwarebytes for a while (I had to clean everytime I used my computer). But after a week or so, nomatter what I do to clean, the problem is just there. Tried AVG, Malwarebytes, Malware Fighter, etc., No luck.

I'm really annoyed at this point and need solutions. HELP PLEASE! Even just to identify what virus this is.

Thank you and I look forward to your assistance.

PS. so far, this is the only forum this problem has been posted on. I've looked everywhere.
Record a short video of the scenario and send it to me vua whatsapp

(1) (Reply)

Need A Core I5 Or Core I7 For Swap For A Core I3 With Cash / Hp Folio 9470m / Get 100gb Via Airtel Hbb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.