Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,779 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:06 AM

What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) (2478 Views)

Please Nigerians Come To My Aid! / Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. / Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by banom(m): 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
ud4u:

I have read the handwriting on the wall as you have suggested and what it simply means is that you have a family problem you need to settle with Dora at home not here in the public

Yeah my man you are really close to the truth, imagine a girl that said that Soludo is not good enough to be  our state governor , That is how she behaves, could you believe she supported that criminal called Chris Ngige,  

Ud4u please follow me and thank God, Do you know that i nearly married that girl called Chosen04 ?  it was God that saved me by letting me see clearly that she is one of these bad eggs that is leading this country backward,
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by chosen04(f): 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2010
banom:

@ Chosen04,

You see why i said i will not marry you any more, You Did it when you were Young, MUMU, How can your dad ask you to lie and you went and exposed him, Haa, I am sorry, Thank God i didn't go far whit this marriage proposal, God I Thank you oooooooo,

Its better to expose the devil today than propose the devil days,
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by chosen04(f): 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2010
ud4u:

I have read the handwriting on the wall as you have suggested and what it simply means is that you have a family problem you need to settle with Dora at home not here in the public

U just dont have anything to say, Whats has speaking the truth and keeping it stright at all times have to do with family problem.

Its either u dont want to debate intelligently or u are not intelligent enough.
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by sjeezy8: 4:27pm On Mar 05, 2010
Dora should resign (i would) theres no such thing as an honest politician or government, simple fact.
All governments lie and if she cant say what her superiors give her to say,then she should resign whether its right or wrong.

I cant imagine whitehouse govt officials saying opposite of what they are suppose to say and expect to keep their jobs. when they say the truth its usually after their time is up or they resign.
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by chosen04(f): 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2010
banom:

Yeah my man you are really close to the truth, imagine a girl that said that Soludo is not good enough to be our state governor , That is how she behaves, could you believe she supported that criminal called Chris Ngige,

Banom the blind supporter.

Thank God its not just me that believes SOLUDO was not good. Most people from our state(Anambra) confirmed Ngige was better as evidenced from the just concluded elections.
But, why do u keep supporting failures like SOLUDO & CO?. When this saga is over u will definetly be asking how come i can decode nigerian politicans so easily.
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by banom(m): 4:38pm On Mar 05, 2010
sjeezy8:

Dora should resign (i would) theres no such thing as an honest politician or government, simple fact.
All governments lie and if she cant say what her superiors give her to say,then she should resign whether its right or wrong.

I cant imagine whitehouse govt officials saying opposite of what they are suppose to say and expect to keep their jobs. when they say the truth its usually after their time is up or they resign.

You are a big disgrace to humanity.
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by banom(m): 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2010
chosen04:

Banom the blind supporter.

Thank God its not just me that believes SOLUDO was not good. Most people from our state(Anambra) confirmed Ngige was better as evidenced from the just concluded elections.
But, why do u keep supporting failures like SOLUDO & CO?. When this saga is over u will definetly be asking how come i can decode nigerian politicans so easily.

Honestly i don't know what to tell you, if you have not shown impressive intelligence here on this forum i would have said you are talking out of ignorance, But now i don't really know what to say and i would want to say a word, you are the last person i would love to offend here, but i must tell you, you disappointed me.
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by chosen04(f): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2010
banom:
, you are the last person i would love to offend here, but i must tell you, you disappointed me.

Am also MORE than disappointed with ur ability to support and follow failures. You are blinded by sentiments(the wrong doer is by sister, brother, kinsmen) that you can hardly see.

You remind me of the character " Boxer" in the book 'animal farm'. He was so blinded by the believe that any action from certain quarter must be right. Until he was sold to the nickers.

i really cant see the difference b/w u and this charcter. U simply believe that ur cheap heroes like SOLUDO, DORA & co must be right.
"
Who ever believes otherwise is a VERY BIG DISAGRACE TO HUMANITY" in your words.

banom:

You are a big disgrace to humanity.
I strongly believe that will u wake up from blind support soon and stop leting me down
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by ud4u: 5:20pm On Mar 05, 2010
chosen04:

U just dont have anything to say, Whats has speaking the truth and keeping it stright at all times have to do with family problem.

Its either u dont want to debate intelligently or u are not intelligent enough.

I can now see how intelligent you are by exposing your ignorance in the public. Please I have better things doing than this blind argument you are making.
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by naso2(m): 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2010
chosen04:

You are blinded by sentiments(the wrong doer is by sister, brother, kinsmen) that you can hardly see

"A prophet is not without honour except amongst his kinsmen".

Even Jesus performed the least miracles in Galilee because his kinsmen did not  believe in him  as outsiders did.
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by TOUCHNOT(m): 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2010
We will be there for you, visit us at www. achosenlimo.com.
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by chosen04(f): 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2010
na_so:

"A prophet is not without honour except amongst his kinsmen".

Even Jesus performed the least miracles in Galilee because his kinsmen did not believed in him as outsiders did.

But Jesus spoke the truth at all times. Thus, His words didnt CHANGE at all, like DORA's words are now changing.
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by Fhemmmy: 8:18pm On Mar 05, 2010
chosen04:

But Jesus spoke the truth at all times. Thus, His words didnt CHANGE at all, like DORA's words are now changing.

You still on this with this people?
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by princekevo(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2010
chosen04:

But Jesus spoke the truth at all times. Thus, His words didn't CHANGE at all, like DORA's words are now changing.

I have decided not to comment on any new concerning Yaradua, his health regarding the situation of the country at the moment. But reading some comments from Nigerian youths who is supposed to be the future of Nigeria tempts me into commenting this.
i jst left a thread of one folk asking for a messiah in Nigerian and suddenly bounced in into a thread on an argument on someone who suddenly chosed not follow the multitude in committing evil. The same thing happend to the Jews when God promised them a Messiah. Their Messiah came and was gone without recognising him, as such they spent eternity still expecting and praying for their Messiah. Nigerians would never know whom their Messiah is until they stop seeing every individual's bold step as selfish interest. I know we have many who pretended to fight for the course of the masses, but ended up fighting for self course, yet, that doesn't mean everyone seems same. In this Akuyili's case we have to consider her participation in NAFDAC and her chievements, she fought for Their right course. Yes we know she ended up in a corrupt government and playing to their tune. Am sure many Nigerians lost confidence in her, and if she has indeed decided to turn Around i don't see anything wrong in it.

For me, As long as she is fighting for the right course, who cares if it is for her interest or Nigerians, afterall she is still remains one of the Nigerians , so whatever she fight for is for her children and children children. So i think Nigerians should throw their support on someone who dammed all consequences to speak out the truth even when it hurts. Truth remains the truth, irrespective of when,where and why u chosed to say it. But am so disappointed that some folks are even calling for her to resign and become a spectator and NL commentator like u and i. The best way to fight ur enemy is within and not outside. If everyone who are meant to tell our government the truth are meant to resign, i wonder what future we are building as a nation. People like Gani died saying the truth but their truth never make any difference in Nigeria, Soyinka will soon go to rest still fighting for the truth, yet no changes, why? Becoz they chosed to fight from outside and not within the government.
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by SapeleGuy: 9:17pm On Mar 05, 2010
Chosen04 you are a star - we need more objective thinkers.
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by ud4u: 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2010
princekevo:

I have decided not to comment on any new concerning Yaradua, his health regarding the situation of the country at the moment. But reading some comments from Nigerian youths who is supposed to be the future of Nigeria tempts me into commenting this.
i jst left a thread of one folk asking for a messiah in Nigerian and suddenly bounced in into a thread on an argument on someone who suddenly chosed not follow the multitude in committing evil. The same thing happend to the Jews when God promised them a Messiah. Their Messiah came and was gone without recognising him, as such they spent eternity still expecting and praying for their Messiah. Nigerians would never know whom their Messiah is until they stop seeing every individual's bold step as selfish interest. I know we have many who pretended to fight for the course of the masses, but ended up fighting for self course, yet, that doesn't mean everyone seems same. In this Akuyili's case we have to consider her participation in NAFDAC and her chievements, she fought for Their right course. Yes we know she ended up in a corrupt government and playing to their tune. Am sure many Nigerians lost confidence in her, and if she has indeed decided to turn Around i don't see anything wrong in it.

For me, As long as she is fighting for the right course, who cares if it is for her interest or Nigerians, afterall she is still remains one of the Nigerians , so whatever she fight for is for her children and children children. So i think Nigerians should throw their support on someone who dammed all consequences to speak out the truth even when it hurts. Truth remains the truth, irrespective of when,where and why u chosed to say it. But am so disappointed that some folks are even calling for her to resign and become a spectator and NL commentator like u and i. The best way to fight your enemy is within and not outside. If everyone who are meant to tell our government the truth are meant to resign, i wonder what future we are building as a nation. People like Gani died saying the truth but their truth never make any difference in Nigeria, Soyinka will soon go to rest still fighting for the truth, yet no changes, why? Becoz they chosed to fight from outside and not within the government.

God bless you my brother
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by naso2(m): 5:50pm On Mar 10, 2010
@princekevo

. hmmmmmmmmmm. May the Almighty God bless you richly. People like you still make me feel there is hope for this nation.
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by chosen04(f): 11:33am On Mar 11, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Chosen04 you are a star - we need more objective thinkers.

Thanks Brother.
We all cant be blinded by "heroic worship" at same time
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by naso2(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2010
chosen04:

Thanks Brother.
We all cant be blinded by "heroic worship" at same time

So disparaging a couragious feat is the right way to respond abi?

What dividend do we have as a nation from these hate campaigns against people that should be applauded if I may ask?
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2010
stillwater

Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study)
« #11 on: March 04, 2010, 06:05 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: chosen04 on March 04, 2010, 05:33 PM
Its your blind support for her that will make u not to see anything wrong in her selfish motive.

You bet i didnt read it cos your cheap hero wannabe is involved. Blind support is deadly.

Thus, i dont fear nigeria hypocrites, i only fear their die hard supporters like u.

Blind support indeed!!! As if I'm not reasonable enough sieve the wheat from the chaff. I know Dora from Adam . Many people like herself in government were not informed of the whereabouts of the president. The belief was that the president was on leave and he'll be back soon and Dora reported it so. What would you have said Madam if you were in her position? After 'soon' became eternity for the president's return, I expect every sane person to question the whereabouts of the president considering the fact that the country was in chaos. The stance Dora took after this, is not a reason for me to see her as a liar, two-faced or whatever derogatory name you may wish to open your mouth and call her. Not everyone seek for praise, there are people who have a passion for Nigeria.

And what is wrong in rebranding Nigeria? Aren't you tired of the bastardized image Nigeria depicts? What is wrong exposing our positive sides?

@ StillWater, Please go back and check your facts, cause what you have above is WRONG. The WHOLE NATION knew where he was, and what he was out for to begin with. Also, please do some GOOGLING on the events that transpired between the time Yar adua left the country and when Dora backtracked, to the time Jonathan was made acting President. It is key that you note the dates.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-418567.64.html
Re: What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On Mar 24, 2010
[size=14pt]Yar'Adua And the Limits of Politics - By DORA AKUNYILI[/size]

Monday, 14 December 2009 at 03:38

[size=13pt]For any one who is concerned about the values and prevailing spirit of brotherhood in our society, the last few weeks must be a jolting experience. The very noble values of deep respect for life and elevated spirit humanism which have been the bedrock of our shared culture as a people came under attack as it were, all in the name of politics.

In more ways than one, Nigeria encapsulates the values and spirit of Africa. This is a culture and a people whose core values place premium on human life and never, even at the point of hostility, compromise on holding up respect for life and a wish for the best for the neighbour.

It is true that a lot of the values and cultural practices that constituted the unique identity of Africa have been eroded over the years as a result of unavoidable diffusion with other values and cultures. Even at that, and to a very appreciable level, the African society retains till date a substantial level of the spirit of kinship and humanism, a core aspect of which is empathy and respect for life. It is this culture and value that is put into admirable practice when in various African societies, remarkably in Nigeria, the death of a ruler or a prominent person is not whimsically announced and the incident of a ruler being critically ill attracts communal prayers and sacrifices for the reversal of the fortune of such a revered person. There is so much that is noble and elevating in these aspects of our culture and values, and we do not need to throw them overboard in the name of modernity.

The present ill health of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, Umaru Yar'Adua is, by all accounts, a national challenge. For any society that cares and places premium on the value of life of its people, the travail of one citizen is, to varied extents, the travail of the entire society. When the citizen involved is the number one citizen of the country, the leader of the nation and people, a country cannot but be deeply concerned and pray also, that the leader overcomes whatever the problem may be, to return to the duty which has been entrusted upon him by the people.

In the thirty months that he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria as a democratically elected President, Umaru Musa Yar'Adua has proved himself a man of peace and decency. Even the ardent critics of the government of the day under President Yar'Adua must concede the fact that he has done exceedingly well to foster harmony and accommodation in the country. His uncompromised subscription to the principles of the rule of law has tremendously enhanced democracy in the country since his assumption of office. It is a fact today that many citizens, big and small, now have a comfortable sense of protection under the law, knowing that their rights, freedom and entitlements are better secured under the prevailing regime of the rule of law. By the same token, the various abuse of position by many privileged persons which used to thrive in the past have been curtailed to a reasonable extent with the realization by many that the law will take its course and no wrong doing is shielded by the government under President Yar'Adua.
Of course, the amnesty to former militants in the Niger Delta area and return of peace to the region has been acknowledged globally as a very outstanding accomplishment by the President. It took the temperament of the President and his total commitment to national peace and security to pursue the policy that resulted in the amnesty and the peace in the Niger Delta. These may seem easy to many people today, but any one who is sincere to himself will concede that it took an uncommon statesmanship for President Yar'Adua to approve the engagement with the militants and then follow it up with the offer of the amnesty.

The resort to unnecessary politicization of the ill health of the President by some individuals is therefore, not only unfortunate, but very uncharitable and unAfrican.What the nation owes President Yar'Adua at such a crucial point of need in his life as now is total support and fervent prayers for his recovery. There is no other nation that can be recalled or imagined where the immediate reaction of some citizens to their President being ill is to break into loud and unrestrained public discussion on when he will resign and who will take over. There must be a limit to politics. What many politicians have done in the last fortnight as regards the health of President Yar'Adua and the state of the nation has been insensitive and unhelpful in maintaining harmony and security in the country. This is not good at all.

Not surprisingly, some foreign countries have been emboldened to join the free for all discussion on the health of the Preisdent.In fact some foreign elements were reported to have come all the way to Nigeria to ask to be briefed on the health of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

We should know when the joke is on us. Every person, including a President can get ill. Unless a country makes it so, the ship of state cannot sink for the reason that the President is ill and not on his seat for a while. Nigeria is not a banana republic. There is structure and order in the country. Those who want the world to believe otherwise should retrace their steps and realize that they have nothing to gain by such self debasement.

We are a good people with a deep sense of tradition, noble values and spirit of kinship. Let us not jettison our best values in the name of politics. Let us pray for the recovery of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua. He deserves it, both as our President and as our bother.[/size]

[size=15pt]By Prof. Dora Akunyili, Nigeria's Minister of Information and Communications.[/size]
As culled from the DAILY CHAMPION.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Ibori Dead Or Alive, Jonathan Orders Onovo / Lagos Probe: Fashola In Trouble As Efcc Arrests Olowolofe Olatunji / Goldman’s Mboweni - Nigeria To Be Africa’s New Economic ‘gold Rush’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.