Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye (666 Views)

BREAKING: INEC Begins Dino Melaye’s Recall Process / INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 / Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by SoberDisciple(m): 6:36am On Sep 26, 2017
Chairman of the Senate Committee on FCT, Senator Dino Melaye (APC, Kogi), said yesterday that the process to recall him has expired following the failure of INEC to conduct referendum within 90 days.
Addressing newsmen at the National Assembly, Melaye said as far as he was concerned, he was no longer facing recall threat.

“It is therefore crystal clear that by the provisions of Section 69(b) of the 1999 Constitution, INEC must act on the petition purportedly presented to it on the 23rd of June, 2017 by conducting referendum within 90 days of the receipt of the petition.

“In this case, INEC received the petition on the 23rd of June, 2017. The 90 days period as provided for in the constitution for conducting the referendum elapsed by effluxion of time on 23rd of September, this year,” he said.

He also said the petition to recall him purportedly exhibited by INEC in court was only signed by three persons.

Melaye, who alleged that the recall process was orchestrated by the Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello and Senator Smart Adeyemi, said he would drag those who signed the petition to court for forgery.

“I celebrate the obituary of the ‘made-in -Taiwan’ recall exercise, while sympathising with the induced petitioners, who will obviously face charges of forgery and other criminal charges before a court of law very, very soon,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-recall-process-has-expired-melaye.html

Re: My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by kunle86(m): 6:39am On Sep 26, 2017
Dino Hmmmmm her move this to front page ooo, �
Re: My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by Celcius: 6:39am On Sep 26, 2017
Hmmmm...
When inconclusive INEC and incompetent Yahaha Bello are joined in a suit all you get is lapses.
Take it or leave it, Yahaha Bello has his finger prints all over this recall process.
Any which way, Dino still try pass most senators.
Re: My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by dingbang(m): 6:39am On Sep 26, 2017
2019 another set of zombies will spring up from the earth and vote him again in power...
Re: My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by INTROVERT1: 6:41am On Sep 26, 2017
I don't know if I should congratulate you or wait till INEC release statement.
Re: My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by OyinloyeBA: 6:41am On Sep 26, 2017
sad The intellectual shallowness and paucity of knowledge in this APC administration is sickening.
Re: My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by Nutase: 6:41am On Sep 26, 2017
This man think say na wonderland him dey grin
Re: My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by Mynd44: 6:43am On Sep 26, 2017
Re: My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by Robisky001(m): 6:44am On Sep 26, 2017
Trash. Making everything humanly possible to invade the recall process let INEC come and tell Nigerians that his recall process has elapsed that will a slap on their face.
Re: My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by jullary(m): 6:54am On Sep 26, 2017
infact nigeria is indeed a comedy movie,president travelling up and down for check up and lawmakers thinking the senate is there birth right.ghana and benin republic using our light free of charge while we av non, boko-haram enjoying in sambisa and ipob agitators labelled terorist.we are indeed in a zoo!
Re: My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by bbonair(m): 6:54am On Sep 26, 2017
Bros, they will issue another recall... Period
Re: My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by Ikegift4real(m): 6:58am On Sep 26, 2017
lets see how he pulls through. the arms of law is being put to test.
Re: My Recall Process Has Expired – Melaye by chiscodedon(m): 7:00am On Sep 26, 2017
Stupid man,so that was why u ran to court ,so that b4 the must have finish court sitting, the 90days have elapsed.
Nigeria a banana republic, reasons why constitution needs to be rewrite, if not ,this recall process can never hold water

(1)

Buhari Meets Anambra's Apc Governorship Candidate, Dr Tony Nwoye / Fela Anikulapo Is Greater Than Ojukwu / Rats’ Invasion: Buhari Yet To Use Office Seven Weeks After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.