Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,132 members, 7,818,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Have You Heard About The contraceptive app better than pills ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Heard About The contraceptive app better than pills ? (599 Views)

Things That Are Better Than Money / I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. / "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Heard About The contraceptive app better than pills ? by iMumZone: 1:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
Good news mums! There’s a contraceptive app that is 93% effective and slightly better than the pill. The app uses body temperature to track a woman’s menstrual cycle.

The findings, based on 22,785 women, shows that natural cycles works slightly better than the Pill in preventing pregnancies, reported Daily Mail.

The smartphone app, which is approved in the EU as a contraceptive, predicts the days of the month when a woman is most fertile.

On these, which are called red days, it advises couples to use a condom to reduce the risk of an accidental pregnancy.

Since its inception in 2014, its manufacturers have claimed it to have a 93 per cent effectiveness rate. However, the trials were based on much smaller groups.

Professor Kristina Gemzell Danielsson, based at the Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, was behind the results – which are the largest of its kind.

She said: ‘Since more and more women are choosing natural contraception as an option, we welcome that there is a certified app with solid clinical evidence.’

On these days, which are called red days, it advises couples use a condom to reduce the risk of an accidental pregnancy.

Dr James Trussell, based at Princeton University, New Jersey, also welcomed the research published in the journal Contraception.

Participants involved in the study had an average age of 29. Nearly 7 per cent went onto become pregnant.

The Pill is known to have 91 per cent effectiveness in preventing pregnancies. Other methods can be as low as 75 per cent.

Dr Raoul Scherwitzl, co-founder of the app said the results ‘confirm the effectiveness of Natural Cycles, which is used by 380,000 people worldwide.

This app is called natural cycles and you can check it out in the app stores.

Would you feel safe using this app ?

For more interesting mum stories, visit www.imumzone.com
Re: Have You Heard About The contraceptive app better than pills ? by badmussy(m): 10:01am On Sep 27, 2017
This is why I like technology. Technology improves and simplifies life.

I am almost certain that this will have no side effects sha!!! Way to go!

(1) (Reply)

How To Survive As A Family With Less Than 65k In Nigeria / My Husband’s Penis Disappoints During Sex -housewife Tells Court / I Cry Out All Nigerians Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.