Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! (13333 Views)

Faults In Your Honda Cars And What You Did. / Advice : I Want To Buy A Honda Accord EOD For Taxi / 5 Things You Need To Know About Maintaining Your Honda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Mist100: 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hi everyone I just got myself a Honda accord and would love EOD owners/drivers to share their experience with this ride.

This is to help people learn from mistakes and maximize the potentials this ride has to offer.

My first experience. The ride is stable and really balanced compared to Toyotas/ Nissans I have driven. But the car is very low hence I would be changing the tyres to 205/65 and raising it a bit.

Another is after the Sunday downpour my automatic gear wasn't shifting well. No blinking D lights. The rewire said it will be fine once the water dries off the sensor.
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Lexusgs430: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mist100:
Hi everyone I just got myself a Honda accord and would love EOD owners/drivers to share their experience with this ride.

This is to help people learn from mistakes and maximize the potentials this ride has to offer.

My first experience. The ride is stable and really balanced compared to Toyotas/ Nissans I have driven. But the car is very low hence I would be changing the tyres to 205/65 and raising it a bit.

Another is after the Sunday downpour my automatic gear wasn't shifting well. No blinking D lights. The rewire said it will be fine once the water dries off the sensor.

Have you installed a tracker?
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by teeboy99: 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mist100:

Bro, model year?
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by thebigkendo(m): 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mist100:

Is it V6 EOD? Heard the V6 transmission is pron to failure.. Is the check engine Light on? If so, run a scan.. I use a 2006 i4 accord and its a great ride, Very stable and balanced at high speed, Fuel consumption is not bad too. Take care of you accord and she will take care of you..Service as at when due with the right fluid.

7 Likes

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Badb0y4lyf(m): 9:14pm On Sep 26, 2017
I drive an Eod 05 V6 fully pimped the A.C na die nice handling I notice the window winding get stucked sometimes the engine is very responsive and I have never even depressed the pedal fully as the speed is GTA standard the car is not meant for rough area or flooded area the parts are also very expensive as compared to toyota.

6 Likes

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by lillyontop(m): 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
Congratulations my brother and more to come from these EOD to a higher and better car in Jesus name anyway I am a Honda freak as well and I do have a Honda 04 model Accord exl v6....i have been driving mine for ages but with still first body and everything intact as a toks no issue ontill recently when a stupid mechanic in sapele did a service in my gear box, I gave him money for Honda ATF dw1 and at the end he went to get seahorse didn't notice ontime till the gear box park up but when I asked him he said he bought the right oil for it well anyway Na God.... Thank God say na gear box no be accident sha.. things I love about the car is the sound system without woofer Na die please don't put your bass on 6 lol, the handling is excellent..... Please I am not here to start a war I am just saying my oh the interior beat Muzcle own, the body building kill big Daddy some call it big fool or big for nothing.... Since I have been driving mine I have never had problem with my ball joint or disconnection of arms cos I listening to my baby and attend to it as soon as it seeks for attention, low fuel consumption better shock absorber that can withstand heavy potholes and lastly if you no get money hide your face cos its part are quiet on the high side, when you just say Honda any part seller they are already with their cutlass to cut your head cos they believe you driving an Honda you be big man oooooh.... if you have good maintance culture and have good credit scores I bet you know what i mean (money) you won't want to leave Honda onless the one you buy them don finish am before you get am, thank you sorry say the story long I just speak my mind (clear my throat ) that's all anyway you no go watch am for us nii after my talk

22 Likes

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Mist100: 5:56am On Sep 27, 2017
teeboy99:

Bro, model year?
Its a 2005 model
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Mist100: 5:57am On Sep 27, 2017
thebigkendo:

Is it V6 EOD? Heard the V6 transmission is pron to failure.. Is the check engine Light on? If so, run a scan.. I use a 2006 i4 accord and its a great ride, Very stable and balanced at high speed, Fuel consumption is not bad too. Take care of you accord and she will take care of you..Service as at when due with the right fluid.

Its an i4.
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Mist100: 6:00am On Sep 27, 2017
lillyontop:
Congratulations my brother and more to come from these EOD to a higher and better car in Jesus name anyway I am a Honda freak as well and I do have a Honda 04 model Accord exl v6....i have been driving mine for ages but with still first body and everything intact as a toks no issue ontill recently when a stupid mechanic in sapele did a service in my gear box, I gave him money for Honda ATF dw1 and at the end he went to get seahorse didn't notice ontime till the gear box park up but when I asked him he said he bought the right oil for it well anyway Na God.... Thank God say na gear box no be accident sha.. things I love about the car is the sound system without woofer Na die please don't put your bass on 6 lol, the handling is excellent..... Please I am not here to start a war I am just saying my oh the interior beat Muzcle own, the body building kill big Daddy some call it big fool or big for nothing.... Since I have been driving mine I have never had problem with my ball joint or disconnection of arms cos I listening to my baby and attend to it as soon as it seeks for attention, low fuel consumption better shock absorber that can withstand heavy potholes and lastly if you no get money hide your face cos its part are quiet on the high side, when you just say Honda any part seller they are already with their cutlass to cut your head cos they believe you driving an Honda you be big man oooooh.... if you have good maintance culture and have good credit scores I bet you know what i mean (money) you won't want to leave Honda onless the one you buy them don finish am before you get am, thank you sorry say the story long I just speak my mind (clear my throat ) that's all anyway you no go watch am for us nii after my talk

Sorry to hear that. My mechanic bought the recommended fluid though colleagues said they have been using HOLT with no problems. Just didn't want to take chances. Maybe by next service date I will try HOLT

1 Like

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by thebigkendo(m): 8:55am On Sep 27, 2017
Mist100:

Sorry to hear that. My mechanic bought the recommended fluid though colleagues said they have been using HOLT with no problems. Just didn't want to take chances. Maybe by next service date I will try HOLT

Please don't use Holt,Use Honda ATF-DW1 . Transmission fluid is not supposed to be changed frequently.. i think 30,000 miles interval, on an average thats should be between 2 - 3 years, Except you be transporter cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by diportivo: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2017
Mist100:

Those ur colleagues sabi book o shocked

I'm sure if u really wanted to follow dem u wldnt come here to seek advice

Its good to follow ppl......but follow who know road grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Mist100: 6:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
How do you know your o2 sensor is bad ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by teeboy99: 7:30pm On Sep 27, 2017
Mist100:

Its a 2005 model

I think 2005 model is the most reliable of all EODs. please ensure you use Honda recommended transmission fluid whenever there is a need to change o
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Mist100: 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2017
teeboy99:

I think 2005 model is the most reliable of all EODs. please ensure you use Honda recommended transmission fluid whenever there is a need to change o

Yippee. but how do you mean. In terms of fueling, durability or what?
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by bims198x: 2:20am On Sep 28, 2017
thebigkendo:

Please don't use Holt,Use Honda ATF-DW1 . Transmission fluid is not supposed to be changed frequently.. i think 30,000 miles interval, on an average thats should be between 2 - 3 years, Except you be transporter cheesy

Sorry for derailing ; pls I have bin using the holts in my 2001 Siena; what is the recommended and can I still change without any effects?
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by teeboy99: 7:54am On Sep 28, 2017
Mist100:

Yippee. but how do you mean. In terms of fueling, durability or what?

The design change year that brought EODs was 2003. And this design lasted till 2005. Many of the errors noted in 2003 would have been corrected by 2005. That is why 2005 EODs have less complaints than 2004 and 2003 EODs according to car complaints. And that makes it the most reliable of them
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by thebigkendo(m): 8:13am On Sep 28, 2017
Mist100:
How do you know your o2 sensor is bad ?

You will get a Check engine light and on scanning you should see an O2 sensor related code
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by debanj326: 8:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
Mine is EOD 04 model V4, the car is performing perfectly. This is my second gear box in 18 months And the car cannot Still enter reverse gear, but I'm enjoying it Like that.
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by bims198x: 7:19am On Oct 01, 2017
bims198x:

Sorry for derailing ; pls I have bin using the holts in my 2001 Siena; what is the recommended and can I still change without any effects?
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Naturelle05: 9:11am On Oct 01, 2017
lillyontop:
what about the part for Honda civic 2004 to 08?
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Partnerbiz3: 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
debanj326:
Mine is EOD 04 model V4, the car is performing perfectly. This is my second gear box in 18 months And the car cannot Still enter reverse gear, but I'm enjoying it Like that.
So how do u reverse?

3 Likes

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Lovetinz(m): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
debanj326:
What do you do when you enter a close that is too narrow for a u-turn?

1 Like

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by naijafinder: 11:20am On Oct 02, 2017
na to just toll the car or push am.
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by adanny01(m): 12:15am On Oct 03, 2017
debanj326:

I have been driving mine for 4 years. Fear no allow me change gear oil. I almost changed oil to DW1 but the person i ordered from supplied a fake, i rejected it and decided to risk not changing the oil till am sure its bad. The gear has been sharp all through.

I had 1 episode of water in ECU that caused the gear to misbehave. I almost had a heart attack but the ecu got a good sun bath and it came to life.

The car is very reliable and comfy at high speed. Acceleration is great even on I4
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by teeboy99: 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
adanny01:

I have been driving mine for 4 years. Fear no allow me change gear oil. I almost changed oil to DW1 but the person i ordered from supplied a fake, i rejected it and decided to risk not changing the oil till am sure its bad. The gear has been sharp all through.

I had 1 episode of water in ECU that caused the gear to misbehave. I almost had a heart attack but the ecu got a good sun bath and it came to life.

The car is very reliable and comfy at high speed. Acceleration is great even on I4

whenever the oil change is necessary, you can get correct DW1 from Gazzuzz
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by adanny01(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
teeboy99:

whenever the oil change is necessary, you can get correct DW1 from Gazzuzz

He is my oga, i will.

Back then, it wasnt so available but these days, its all over Abj. However, the fake still abound.
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by luvinhubby(m): 9:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
adanny01:

He is my oga, i will.

Back then, it wasnt so available but these days, its all over Abj. However, the fake still abound.

90 percent are unfortunately China cloned fake, look out for a computer generated code on the body of the container though, will help in guiding you to the good ones.

2 Likes

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by lillyontop(m): 3:45am On Oct 05, 2017
Naturelle05:
what about the part for Honda civic 2004 to 08?
They are all available at you call as long as you can make time out for car

1 Like

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Mist100: 9:42am On Oct 08, 2017
Just changed my shocks. Was advised against using Toks.

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Mist100: 9:43am On Oct 08, 2017
new shocks for N30k.

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Mist100: 12:15am On Nov 15, 2017
is it normal for my car to consume 10litres of fuel between Jakande Estate Isolo and Festac. To and fro. I feel this car is damn thirsty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Weststar Announces The Return Of FIAT To Nigeria, Makers Of Ferrari And Maserati / Why Are There So Many ES 350 Lexus Nigerian Used For Sale / Pros And Cons Of Mercedes C230 And C240

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.