Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl (5830 Views)

Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria / What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? / Living In Germany/life As A German Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello fellow Nairalanders!

I'm in need of advice and solid guidance on how to go about my marriage plans.
I have been living in Köln for the past 2years , and I'm now at the final stage of the Asyl process. Already rejected by the BAMF because I had a visa in my passport.

Long story short, I met my German gf over a year ago.She knows everything going on. She is working and living comfortably. She helped me applied for Ausbildung,unfortunately, The company has someone already. I am heading to Court next month for the appeal case ,my lawyer wasn't allowed to represent me. My girl and I already finalized and we are gonna get married . So house please is there anybody, somebody who has done this before? please I want to know what it entails and how long it will take ,I fear time is not really on my side, and if I got kicked , for 3 good years I wouldn't be allowed to step in any schenghen Countries . Please help a brother ,Bongo don cast o cheesy.

and by the way thats us kiss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Aboguede(m): 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
congrats boy for ur new found love.
you said asylum, thats fine but i would think you shoild have first get married with her and then ask for documents as a spou. meanwhile you still have gud chance on asylum claim but that sololy depends on ur story bucus as you know, asylum according to european law is mainly based on political persucuted person and orfan childre. buy if u are able to convince the jodges that ur life is still in danger in nigeria after two yrs and do on thats ok.

anyway, gudluck
Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by doubletroublmum(f): 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
Im living near Dortmund and we are working for asylum seekers.

If I was in your shoes there is only one way out. Withdraw your asylum, go back to Nigeria on your own bills and get married there. Then visa for family reunion. Takes like 6-12 months but after returning to Germany you get all the papers. Make sure you go to language test level a1 before leaving Germany, guess its cheaper here.

If the court rejects your asylum, you might get banned from Schengen countries for done years, even if you're married.

Getting married in Germany takes a good year of preparation, that's too long for you I guess.

And you can't marry in neighbour countries only with duldung, so Nigeria is the best option.

Good luck

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by boboro1: 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
My brother got married to a German with is asylum status these are the requirements

1.You have to summit certificate of bachelorhood (from federal high court)that was done by my parents here in Nigeria and was summited to the German home office in munchen
_2.summit all the documents to the home office
3.Representative was sent from German embassy to our house in Lagos and interview was conducted for us on how my brother get to German and is married status
4.after proper verification from the embassy they were given date for marriage and it was done this April 2017
5.after the interview then my brother cancel is asylum status

Viola
Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by doubletroublmum(f): 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
You are right, he can get married like your brother did. But this way takes time, because they will send the documents to the german Embassy and Oberlandesgericht in your Place. With all the check-ups, confirmations etc it usually takes a long time to get married here. We have such cases in our office often. And it seems, that Iefosa is not having enough time to wait for that.

If the court should reject his asylum in some weeks like he said, he will have to leave Germany very soon, because appeal against court jugdement without good reasons is almost impossible.

If his fiance was pregnant, it could save him some time, maybe they will give him Duldung til the Baby is born. But recently we also have people who are going back to Nigeria for Visa (Family-Reunion) despite having a child in Germany. The Immigration insists on that; if not, they will not give you full residence permit. Thats the latest change, they are making here, especially in Dortmund area.

Good night... cool

5 Likes

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 27, 2017
boboro1:
My brother got married to a German with is asylum status these are the requirements

1.You have to summit certificate of bachelorhood (from federal high court)that was done by my parents here in Nigeria and was summited to the German home office in munchen
_2.summit all the documents to the home office
3.Representative was sent from German embassy to our house in Lagos and interview was conducted for us on how my brother get to German and is married status
4.after proper verification from the embassy they were given date for marriage and it was done this April 2017
5.after the interview then my brother cancel is asylum status

Viola

Thank You, this would have worked and be really nice if I just applied, I'm almost at the final stage now. No time
Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 27, 2017
doubletroublmum:
You are right, he can get married like your brother did. But this way takes time, because they will send the documents to the german Embassy and Oberlandesgericht in your Place. With all the check-ups, confirmations etc it usually takes a long time to get married here. We have such cases in our office often. And it seems, that Iefosa is not having enough time to wait for that.

If the court should reject his asylum in some weeks like he said, he will have to leave Germany very soon, because appeal against court jugdement without good reasons is almost impossible.

If his fiance was pregnant, it could save him some time, maybe they will give him Duldung til the Baby is born. But recently we also have people who are going back to Nigeria for Visa (Family-Reunion) despite having a child in Germany. The Immigration insists on that; if not, they will not give you full residence permit. Thats the latest change, they are making here, especially in Dortmund area.

Good night... cool

Your first comment scared the hell outta me, so I had to sleep over it haha! Sent you a mail you didn't respond, I want to talk you privately.

She is a very responsible girl, so no no to baby outside wedlock. That would have been a step forward.

Thank you for the heads up, I still want to talk though. Are you with the Diakonie?
Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by justwise(m): 6:43am On Sep 27, 2017
Iefosa:

Your first comment scared the hell outta me, so I had to sleep over it haha! Sent you a mail you didn't respond, I want to talk you privately.

She is a very responsible girl, so no no to baby outside wedlock. That would have been a step forward.

Thank you for the heads up, I still want to talk though. Are you with the Diakonie?

You brought this issue openly here for help and people are giving you valid info but now you want to take it private?

Should i close this thread then?

1 Like

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 27, 2017
justwise:

You brought this issue openly here for help and people are giving you valid info but now you want to take it private?

Should i close this thread then?

The reason I wanted to talk in private was because the person lives here, and also I might not be online when there is something for me.

No matter how it turns out to be, I will still say here.

All thesame don't close it please!

2 Likes

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Godson201333(m): 9:52am On Sep 27, 2017
The good contribution i have is this but for you might be bad news.

You cannot get married in Germany or any other Schengen states because one of the requirement is you need a valid Visa or Residence permit.I wish you already met your woman while you still had a valid Visa then that would have been possible.

Getting married in Germany is one the most difficult thing you should think about as every process goes through the Standesamt of the city where you live.They request for so many documents that i assume you do not even have (Bachelorhood certificate,Birth certificate,High school documents,Photographs etc and thereafter you have to make a payment of like 800 euros.Then they forward your documents to the Court usually located at the Capital of your particular city.The Court will then forward everything to the Embassy at home and this process alone takes sometimes 6 months.Now that your Asylum has been denied,The Standesamt (Marriage Registry ) would not even consider approving your application to get married since you do not have a valid legal status.Countries like Denmark is also a no go area for you.If she really love you,why don't you willingly go back home,Get married in Nigeria and then you get everything normalThis might be the best option for you.If You marry her in Nigeria,The german Embassy issue you a 3 month visa based on Family reunion and you can Legally go back to Germany and convert this 3 month visa to a normal Resident permit and start a new life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 27, 2017
Godson201333:
The bad contribution i have is this.

You cannot get married in Germany or any other Schengen states because one of the requirement is you need a valid Visa or Residence permit.I wish you already met your woman while you still had a valid Visa then that would have been possible.

Getting married in Germany is one the most difficult thing you should think about as every process goes through the Standesamt of the city where you live.They request for so many documents that i assume you do not even have (Bachelorhood certificate,Birth certificate,High school documents,Photographs etc and thereafter you have to make a payment of like 800 euros.Then they forward your documents to the Court usually located at the Capital of your particular city.The Court will then forward everything to the Embassy at home and this process alone takes sometimes 6 months.Now that your Asylum has been denied,The Standesamt (Marriage Registry ) would not even consider approving your application to get married since you do not have a valid legal status.Countries like Denmark is also a no go area for you.If she really love you,why don't you willingly go back home,Get married in Nigeria and then you get everything normalThis might be the best option for you.If You marry her in Nigeria,The german Embassy issue you a 3 month visa based on Family reunion and you can Legally go back to Germany and convert this 3 month visa to a normal Resident permit and start a new life.

Thank You.
She doesn't want to hear that go to Nigeria oh, not to talk of marrying there! You know how stubborn germans can be. I will show her these comments and all. Thanks once again.
Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by boboro1: 9:58am On Sep 27, 2017
There is always a way on my brother day on interview for asylum his wife was there and he support him in front of all ,if you lady really care let her write to them and you should give them reason you should be alone to stay .German have respect for each other
Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Godson201333(m): 10:02am On Sep 27, 2017
boboro1:
There is always a way on my brother day on interview for asylum his wife was there and he support him in front of all ,if you lady really care let her write to them and you should give them reason you should be alone to stay .German have respect for each other

Even though Germans have respect for each other,They also do not manipulate Laws.The OP ought to have work hard on his alternatives before this last minute but all these,Hope in God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 27, 2017
boboro1:

You made a point . Thank You very much bro!
Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 27, 2017
Godson201333:

Even though Germans have respect for each other,They also do not manipulate Laws.The OP ought to have work hard on his alternatives before this last minute but all these,Hope in God.

Believe me bro , for a girl to consider marrying after dating not even up to 2 years , shows I was serious na. Shey its work? I worked , I died !
I did Einqualifizierung for 8months 12 hours everyday , just to please my Chef so I could secure atleast ausbildung , after everything the man wanted the government to sponsor the ausbildung program too same way they did in the EQ. At the end of the day, I was left with no contract.

Sha there is nothing God cannot do!
Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by seunny4lif(m): 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2017
Iefosa:

Believe me bro , for a girl to consider marrying after dating not even up to 2 years , shows I was serious na. Shey its work? I worked , I died !
I did Einqualifizierung for 8months 12 hours everyday , just to please my Chef so I could secure atleast ausbildung , after everything the man wanted the government to sponsor the ausbildung program too same way they did in the EQ. At the end of the day, I was left with no contract.

Sha there is nothing God cannot do!
If German is giving problem move to Italy or Denmark and do the married there
Then get a Lawyer to follow up document

1 Like

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by aremuforlife(m): 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
[quote author=seunny4lif post=62295267]
If German is giving problem move to Italy or Denmark and do the married there
Then get a Lawyer to follow up document [/quote

I believe moving down to Italy for the wedding will be ok because we just have a wedding for an immigrant family last week without much street just register the family identity in Nigeria embassy and after that the sindaco join them together and issue them there wedding certificate

1 Like

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by seunny4lif(m): 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2017
[quote author=aremuforlife post=62338184][/quote]
I tell you
Denmark is even more easy

1 Like

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by aremuforlife(m): 1:47am On Nov 14, 2017
seunny4lif:

I tell you
Denmark is even more easy

I can't dispute you, because I have never been to Denmark I only share the experience I have in Italy.
Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by DisturbingEU(m): 4:06am On Nov 14, 2017
@op since you said your gf has a good job and all my advise for you is to come back to Naija get married here and apply for the visa. I have a friend who got married to his German spouse early this year the whole process didn't take long he already has his visa now...
Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by seunny4lif(m): 7:21am On Nov 14, 2017
DisturbingEU:
@op since you said your gf has a good job and all my advise for you is to come back to Naija get married here and apply for the visa. I have a friend who got married to his German spouse early this year the whole process didn't take long he already has his visa now...
Going back to Nigeria, will be his worst case.
Deportation can land him 10 years ban.

2 Likes

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by seunny4lif(m): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2017
aremuforlife:

I can't dispute you, because I have never been to Denmark I only share the experience I have in Italy.
Yes, both countries are really easy to get married

1 Like

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by doubletroublmum(f): 7:41am On Nov 14, 2017
How can one get married in Denmark as asylum?? On danish web it's stated that one can only get married in Denmark, if you have a valid visa or resident permit in Europe, so please let us know. Secondly if you are on asylum in Germany you're not allowed to leave the country or else your loose your right to stay. When they catch you at the border they might deport you back to Nigeria immediately....
Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2017
DisturbingEU:

Exactly, that's what they normally do here smiley
They go back to Nigeria on their own and process the visa from there

@op
It's better you go back to Nigeria, I know you might be worried that your visa might be denied. Once you are married to her, there's no reason for them to deny you visa

2 Likes

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 14, 2017
seunny4lif:

Going back to Nigeria, will be his worst case.
Deportation can land him 10 years ban.

He's an asylum seeker who can go back on his own cool

They would even help him go back home smiley
I've seen it happen here so I know smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by seunny4lif(m): 8:20am On Nov 14, 2017
Jigba:

He's an asylum seeker who can go back on his own cool

They would even help him go back home smiley
I've seen it happen here so I know smiley
Ok
With the new German law and EU
Don't even think about it
They will frustrate him and make the lady forget about me.
You don't know many signing you have to do before deporting the person.
German I know, May give him 10 years ban

1 Like

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 14, 2017
seunny4lif:

Ok
Which the new German law and EU
Don't even think about it
They will frustrate him and make the lady forget about me.
You don't know many signing you have to do before deporting the person.
German I know, May give him 10 years ban

It's not deporting, he's going back on his own wink

It makes no sense if his asylum is denied, if he's asylum is denied, he would get deported.
I don't think there's any much signing by the way grin, I know a man who left Germany and spent more than six months there, which is against the law if you are on immigrant visa. Even after contacting all the lawyers he knew, he still got deported at the end and he's currently in Nigeria tongue

My point is?
Inorder to avoid any ban or anything like that. He should go back to Nigeria, simple
Germans rarely grant Nigerians and Ghanians asylum. The African country, I know that they grant asylum is Eritrea smiley
Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by seunny4lif(m): 8:27am On Nov 14, 2017
doubletroublmum:
How can one get married in Denmark as asylum?? On danish web it's stated that one can only get married in Denmark, if you have a valid visa or resident permit in Europe, so please let us know. Secondly if you are on asylum in Germany you're not allowed to leave the country or else your loose your right to stay. When they catch you at the border they might deport you back to Nigeria immediately....
Yes on thier website
But on reality, you can get married, if you want.
Get yourself to Denmark and all is well
My friend still got married in Denmark this August and his German asylum don over before his lady drove him to Denmark and got married there.
German will not deport him like that

2 Likes

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by seunny4lif(m): 8:30am On Nov 14, 2017
Jigba:

It's not deporting, he's going back on his own wink

It makes no sense if his asylum is denied, if he's asylum is denied, he would get deported.
I don't think there's any much signing by the way grin, I know a man who left Germany and spent more than six months there, which is against the law if you are on immigrant visa. Even after contacting all the lawyers he knew, he still got deported at the end and he's currently in Nigeria tongue

My point is?
Inorder to avoid any ban or anything like that. He should go back to Nigeria, simple
Germans rarely grant Nigerians and Ghanians asylum. The African country, I know that they grant asylum is Eritrea smiley
German now dey give single mothers 3 years documents every now and then
Couple?Only the girl
On that you are right but this one na marry

1 Like

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 14, 2017
seunny4lif:

German now dey give single mothers 3 years documents every now and then
Couple?Only the girl
On that you are right but this one na marry

Thank God you mentioned single mothers cheesy

Yes this one na marry, but he needs a valid visa, one he can't get by staying back in Germany. He needs to follow the due process smiley

He wouldn't be granted asylum just because he got married to a german. If it was that easy, then all asylum seekers would get themselves a german woman undecided

Also note that they have started cracking down on scam marriages lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Requirements Of Getting Married To A German As An Asyl by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 14, 2017
seunny4lif:

Yes on thier website
But on reality, you can get married, if you want.
Get yourself to Denmark and all is well
My friend still got married in Denmark this August and his German asylum don over before his lady drove him to Denmark and got married there.
German will not deport him like that

Uh?
When it comes to immigration, I know Danmark is very strict, he might even get deported like the other lady said smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Countries That Offer Visa-free Travel For Nigerians / . / Abuja Aka Roc City, The City Built By Nigerians Not The British!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.