Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. (3642 Views)

If You Say Nonsense About Me, I'll Take Your Picture To My Altar - Odumeje / Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo / A Killer Marriage Is A Nonsense Marriage - Paul Enenche (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Martinez19(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
How can god know the future and still be testing you? What sort of rubbish is this? What is the purpose of him testing when he knows the result? Must he test? This is not compatible with reason at all. It's psychopathic. grin angry

#africawakeup

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by gmajor10(m): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
I think you need to wake up
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Tenkobos(m): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Useless post

1 Like

Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Applaner: 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
when someone is high on something
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by obisco4u: 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
There is nothing useless about this post. OP asked a good question. What is the purpose of testing when you are fully aware of the results? What might we call such a test?

9 Likes

Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Martinez19(m): 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
obisco4u:
There is nothing useless about this post. OP asked a good question. What is the purpose of testing when you are fully aware of the results? What might we call such a test?
you be person wey get sense. The previous posters are religiotards.

9 Likes

Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Martinez19:
How can god know the future and still be testing you? What sort of rubbish is this? What is the purpose of him testing when he knows the result? Must he test? This is not compatible with reason at all. It's psychopathic. grin angry

#africawakeup

"Free will": the ability to do wateva we want is created with all humans, it makes us totally unpredictable.. even for God(don't get it twisted, still doesn't mean he isn't all-knowing) , and that was why he said in genesis according to the bible that it grieved God that he made man.
It isn't that he ddnt know Adam can Bleep up but he hoped he would make a better decision since even though he has the power, he will never force anyone to his will by taking away his free will . That's the beauty of love we can't understand sometimes
God did not created us as a zombie destined for an unchangeable glory or doom, he only created existing possible outcomes to the decision we decide with our free will making him even more powerful to know ur two possible outcomes..
But decision and ur destination is still up to you and you only.
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Martinez19(m): 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
1StopRudeness:

"Free will": the ability to do wateva we want is created with all humans, it makes us totally unpredictable.. even for God(don't get it twisted, still doesn't mean he isn't all-knowing) , and that was why he said in genesis according to the bible that it grieved God that he made man.
It isn't that he ddnt know Adam can Bleep up but he hoped he would make a better decision since even though he has the power, he will never force anyone to his will by taking away his free will . That's the beauty of love we can't understand sometimes
God did not created us as a zombie destined for an unchangeable glory or doom, he only created existing possible outcomes to the decision we decide with our free will making him even more powerful to know ur two possible outcomes..
But decision and ur destination is still up to you and you only.
So you are trying to say God doesn't know the future?
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by dalaman: 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
Very valid question. Why is God testing people when he already knows the end from the beginning as the religious books put it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by adepeter2027(m): 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
dalaman:
Very valid question. Why is God testing people when he already knows the end from the beginning as the religious books put it?
Possible answers.
1. God works in mysterious ways
2. You need the holy spirit.
3. The ways of God ain't the ways of man.
4. You can't understand God

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by hahn(m): 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
Why do people even take God serious? It should be admitted in a psychiatric ward undecided

2 Likes

Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by dalaman: 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
adepeter2027:

Possible answers.

grin grin
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Nuhvey(m): 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
dalaman:
Yea, it always bugged Me back then.. I was like "why create certain people when you surely know that they'll take the "wrong path" ? Anyways, like all other bugging questions, I just shrugged it off saying "God knows "

1 Like

Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by dalaman: 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
Nuhvey:

Yea, it always bugged Me back then.. I was like "why create certain people when you surely know that they'll take the "wrong path" ? Anyways, like all other bugging questions, I just shrugged it off saying "God knows "

Its one of the attributes of God that wasn't well thought out.
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
Martinez19:
So you are trying to say God doesn't know the future?

On the contrary!!! .....he is even more powerful by: at the same time creating and knowing two possible future outcomes of our lives.....

But because he will never take our free will...he leaves the decision in our hands..so that we can't really say he made you evil that's why ur became evil and end up going to to the part of destructionl...or he made me good dats why am mother Teresa and will get to paradise.
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by obisco4u: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
adepeter2027:

Possible answers.

Popular Christian lines to end an intelligent inquiry.

4 Likes

Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by UnchangeableGod: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
dalaman:
Sir, I happen to be a teacher. In my class, there are very intelligent, averagely intelligent and dull students. At the end of the term, all the students are tested. From experience, I know those who will likely pass and those who will likely fail. However, it wrong for me to announce those who do well and those who do not without a verifiable test. Although I know what the results will likely be, the students and their sponsors must be shown the scorecard for them to know that I was not biased in my assessment. God knows those who will pass and those who will not. Yet He allows the test or trial of faith. The case of Job is a typical example. God knew that Job would pass the test. He even boasted concerning Job to Satan. Satan wanted to prove God wrong which was the basis of Job's intense calamities and sufferings. But thanks be to God. Job's end was better as he was compensated after passing the test. May we all pass every test that comes our way I J N, Amen.

1 Like

Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Nuhvey(m): 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
dalaman:

Its one of the attributes of God that wasn't well thought out.
I agree... Anyways, its been debated for years, even long before us.. I'd love to see a theist come up with a new valid argument for God in this case and I do hope it doesn't degenerate to name-calling and insults.
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
I know you must be joking... but entertain me,

So, question:

Do or did you ask this question to your school teachers or university proffessors(if you are old enough for university as i suspect you are not?

And when you asked this question, did you get a failing grade or you just kicked out of school straightaway?

Hint: your teacher wrote the test AND has the aswer key to test questions.

#exposingidiocy

Martinez19:

#africawakeup
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by abouzaid: 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
1StopRudeness:

On the contrary!!! .....he is even more powerful by: at the same time creating and knowing two possible future outcomes of our lives.....

But because he will never take our free will...he leaves the decision in our hands..so that we can't really say he made you evil that's why ur became evil and end up going to to the part of destructionl...or he made me good dats why am mother Teresa and will get to paradise.

in other words, he doesn't know our future actions. he can once guess the potential outcomes?
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by obisco4u: 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
Funny! God wrote code for humans and the universe, and it's full of bugs! Instead of debugging his flawed code, claims he's a flawless programmer and sends his buggy apps to hell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by abouzaid: 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
Xiadnat:

So, question:

Do or did you ask this question to your school teachers or university proffessors(if you are old enough for university as i suspect you are not?

And when you asked this question, did you get a failing grade or you just kicked out of school straightaway?

#exposingidiocy

his teacher doesn't know the outcome. the teacher can only guess his future potential performance. but God is supposed to know his exact performance in advance. whether he would score a 51% or a 91% on the dot.
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by adepeter2027(m): 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
obisco4u:
Funny! God wrote code for humans and the universe, and it's full of bugs! Instead of debugging his flawed code, claims he's a flawless programmer and sends his buggy apps to hell.
Hahahahaha

Eternal hell I guess
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Martinez19(m): 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
Xiadnat:

So, question:

#exposingidiocy

mtewwwwwww, please think before you type. The lectures know the answer before setting an exam but if they had known that I am more than qualified and knowledgeable, the exam would not have held.
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by obisco4u: 8:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
adepeter2027:
Hahahahaha
Eternal hell I guess

grin
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Nuhvey(m): 8:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
obisco4u:
Haha, really did enjoy this one cheesy grin
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
Martinez19:

#africawakeup
WHERE AND HOW DID GOD TEST YOU?
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by adepeter2027(m): 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
WHERE AND HOW DID GOD TEST YOU?
Sin.

By placing Adam in the garden in the midst of the serpent.
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
abouzaid:
his teacher doesn't know the outcome. the teacher can only guess his future potential performance. but God is supposed to know his exact performance in advance. whether he would score a 51% or a 91% on the dot.
ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG...CHRIST JESUS WILL BE OUR FALL OR RISE...ON JUDGEMENT DAY, WE WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO CHRIST JESUS
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
adepeter2027:

Sin.

By placing Adam in the garden in the midst of the serpent.

THE GARDEN WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE IN THE WORLD THEN...THE SERPENT IS ONE OF GOD'S CREATURE...HOW IS HE TESTING ADAM?
Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Nuhvey(m): 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG...CHRIST JESUS WILL BE OUR FALL OR RISE...ON JUDGEMENT DAY, WE WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO CHRIST JESUS
If u have nothing useful to contribute to the OP, please keep quiet.. No one is begging you to comment.

4 Likes

Re: God Is Testing You? What Nonsense. by Nuhvey(m): 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
THE GARDEN WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE IN THE WORLD THEN...THE SERPENT IS ONE OF GOD'S CREATURE...HOW IS HE TESTING ADAM?
What d use of the tree of knowledge placed in the garden?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Slain In The Spirit - Pure And Absolute Heresy / Watch The Bro. Iginla’s 80,000 Seat Stadium Like Champions City Of WONDERS / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.