Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerian Passengers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerian Passengers (774 Views)

British Airways Sacks Hostess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerians / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) / British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerian Passengers by diasporaman(m): 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
British Airways sacks stewardess behind racist rant against Nigerian passengers

Joanne Wickenden, 23-years-old, sparked outrage after she recorded the racist clip in her British Airways uniform before flying from London Heathrow to Abuja on Friday night.

After a two-hour meeting with bosses on Tuesday, MailOnline said she claims that the video which she uploaded via her Snapchat was ‘just a joke’ adding that she was set up by a British Airways colleague who recorded her and shared the clip.

In a statement on Tuesday, revealed by MailOnline, British Airways said, Wickenden no longer works with the airline as their staff are expected to be of utmost professionalism when representing the airline.

“She no longer works for British Airways. We expect the utmost professionalism from our staff when they are representing British Airways.”

MailOnline reported that 23-year-old Wickenden, who wants to be an actress, told her friends that she is not a racist.

“I am not a racist,” she said, claiming that the video was just “a joke.”

She told MailOnline that, I have been framed by another British Airline employee. They were encouraging me, egging me on to say things. They were recording me and sent it around to our friends, she said I don’t want to fly anymore.

A friend said that the other colleague wanted her to impersonate what goes on the flight.

A source told MailOnline that the video, which was captioned ‘I can’t cope with this flight’ – was circulated among ‘horrified’ British Airways cabin crew who are ‘very concerned’.

https://diasporareporters.com/british-airways-sack-hostess-behind-racist-rant-nigerians/

Re: British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerian Passengers by fuckboys: 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Awwn, if true it's so bad and I feel for her embarassed
Re: British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerian Passengers by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2017
At least, she's now popular.

Start a reality TV show jare, fine babe.

I go watch.
Re: British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerian Passengers by Karlman: 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
WHO CARES
Re: British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerian Passengers by RomeSankara: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
Black people always playing the race card even in unnecessary games ..Her sack was wrong because she did nothing wrong ..Infact she he ailə Nigerian men and their great penis

1 Like

Re: British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerian Passengers by diasporaman(m): 8:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
It serves her right
Re: British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerian Passengers by olamil34(m): 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
what would aliko dangote do ?
Re: British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Rant Against Nigerian Passengers by ColdSun: 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Wannabe actress, hmm? Maybe this is a warning that she should'nt be an actress. See what this one caused.

(1) (Reply)

Eto Pays Flight Ticket For Cameroonians To Leave Libya / Ethiopian Airlines Breeding Thieves? Victims Narrate Horrible Ordeal / How Do I Retrieve My International Passport,after Visa Application Was Rejected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.