Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,764 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication (689 Views)

DSS Agents Stole Saraki's Money - Sahara Reporters / Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication by 9jawear(m): 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2010
sahara reporters needs to be published like a normal newspaper, the masses must find out about the lawlessness in the country
Re: Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication by Fhemmmy: 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2010
really?
Re: Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2010
Only problem is that Sahara reporters spread too many rumours without proper investigative journalism.
Re: Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication by Jaylon(m): 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2010
Do you recall what happened to the Channels tv executive when they mistakenly reported
ill news about yar'adua's govt ? The SSS locked them up and closed the station down.

What then do you think would happen to sahara ? They will blow them up Dele Giwa style.
Re: Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication by Fhemmmy: 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2010
Jaylon:

Do you recall what happened to the Channels tv executive when they mistakenly reported
ill news about yar'adua's govt ? The SSS locked them up and closed the station down.

What then do you think would happen to sahara ? They will blow them up Dele Giwa style.

ummm
Re: Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 06, 2010
Yes,they're just what we need,another soft-sell newspaper, like the Sun is not enough. Sorry i like my news hard and true, backed up by real facts,from verifiable sources, not rumors!
Re: Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication by oderemo(m): 11:26am On Mar 06, 2010
@poster,
i hate it when someone bring in a non issue on the pretext of introducing their real agenda. like advertising all your nija wears, that s.u.c.k.s or mayble clever.is it.?
Re: Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication by mbulela: 11:33am On Mar 06, 2010
Bludeville:

Yes,they're just what we need,another soft-sell newspaper, like the Sun is not enough. Sorry i like my news hard and true, backed up by real facts,from verifiable sources, not rumors!

e.g. for example (according to Zebrudaya).
I would like to hear from you examples of these 'hard and true' news sources.
Re: Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2010
mbulela:

If you've bothered to read real newspapers, you'll find that more often than not, their sources have at least a location. Sahara reporters on the other hand are full of our contacts said, our sources say, i even read one article that said 'a mail intercepted on the internet' said. They didn't bother to write where the mail was from,or at least where it was going to. If that doesn't spell 'unverifiable' to you,i wonder what will.
Re: Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2010
mbulela:

If you've bothered to read real newspapers, you'll find that more often than not, their sources have at least a location. Sahara reporters on the other hand are full of our contacts said, our sources say, i even read one article that said 'a mail intercepted on the internet' said. They didn't bother to write where the mail was from,or at least where it was going to. If that doesn't spell 'unverifiable' to you,i wonder what will.
Re: Sahara Reporters Needs To Become A Daily Physical Publication by mbulela: 2:58pm On Mar 06, 2010
Bludeville:

i am not a big fan of Sahara but i have taken note of the fact that a good proportion of their stories turn out to be true.
on the other hand, the crime you accuse them off is presently prevalent in the entire Nigerian media landscape.
It is what you get in an environment where lies,rumours and deceit is a government policy.
I just read Nigerian papers at present to feel the pulse of the Nation in a general sense and for comic relief.
I do not hold the media in very high esteem at present (without any exception).

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Scientist Confirms Comet 2010 H1. / Yoruba Will Determine The President Come 2011- Obasanjo / 2011: Clarke, Anenih Mobilise For Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.