Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet (1218 Views)

Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video) / Conrad Mbewe Accuses TB Joshua Of Demonic Predictions & Fake Prophecies / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by iReporter: 9:26pm On Mar 04, 2010
… LET US KNOW WHO IS A TRUE PROPHET ONCE AND FOR ALL

In recent times, he has become unarguably the most maligned and criticised pastor on the face of earth. He is courted by leaders of nations, he is friends to the poor and regarded by many nations across the world. Interestingly, in the midst of the claims and accusations targeted at him by individuals and groups constituted by men of God as well as former beneficiaries of his works of charity, he has consistently remained silent, deciding not to join issues with people who have clearly pin-pointed him in their campaign of calumny, name calling and the like.

The genesis of these attacks against Prophet TB Joshua is as old as his foray into the evangelical realms of the spiritual works of God. Due to the peculiar miraculous healings, deliverances and bull eye’s prophetic statements that he is able to carry out thanks to the grace of God upon his life, he has been subjected to sustained attacks. Interestingly, his ministry has consistently soared in the midst of these. He has been embraced by leaders of nations as well as the very poor who he has constantly endeared himself to thanks to his philanthropic works of charity.

There is a popular saying that there is time for everything. It seems that the time to make a bold statement is now. Speaking at the Sunday service live of 28th February 2010, Prophet TB Joshua outlined a process which would end up separating the wheat from the chaff.
“Just as the financial analysts would submit their annual financial reports at the end of the year, we should also, as men of God submit our own annual spiritual report at the end of the year”.

Continuing, he said: “When the year is about to start, the leaders of nations would announce to all the spiritual leaders, irrespective of their religions, to submit their assessment of their communication with Almighty God”. When the events begin to come to pass, then they would begin to mark each person’s report. Before the second week of January, we would be able to see who is a true Prophet of God”.

He concluded by saying: “There would be no place to hide for anybody who does not speak the mind of God, but only comes out to say what their senses tell them and what they read in the newspapers and watch on the television.”.

Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by Dolemite(f): 11:20pm On Mar 04, 2010
This is further proof that this man may be a fraud, inciting competition in the house of god. . .if God did exist i don't think he would want to win the hearts of men using cheap tricks like these.
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by knightride: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2010
Sorry Oga, But what he just said is a prophesy, and not competition!
It happened in the U.S in 2007 involving men of God.
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by jagunlabi(m): 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2010
Pitiful and pathetic.They are having a "spiritual" olympic games now?How can anyone take these folks so seriously?The mind consciousness is an amazing thing.Even when these guys are virtually screaming out that they are fraudsters to all asundary, some folks still can't hear their voices and discern.These guys are only revealing themselves for what and who they really are for those who can see and discern.
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by Dolemite(f): 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2010
knightride:

Sorry Oga, But what he just said is a prophesy, and not competition!
It happened in the U.S in 2007 involving men of God.
When Jesus prophesied it meant something, it wasn't done to add to some prophesy quota which he could show off to people at the end of the year. . .is this what Christianity has turned into?. . .pastors now imitating financial analysts, greedy business men who could sell their mothers if the price was right. . .last time I checked the goal of pastors was to win souls for Christ, since the 'end is near' now you guys are having prophesy olympics wow!! cheap tricks doesn't win loyal followers of Christ, ask Jim Jones. . .Thank God I left this Christian bullshit. . .
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by GODSON2009(m): 6:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
Dolemite:

This is further proof that this man may be a fraud, inciting competition in the house of god. . .if God did exist i don't think he would want to win the hearts of men using cheap tricks like these.
inciting competition in the house of GOD
ARE YOU FOR REAL?
didnt apostle paul enjoin christians to test every prophecy properly to know which is original?going by your reasoning apostle paul must be a fraud as well right?
jagunlabi:

Pitiful and pathetic.They are having a "spiritual" olympic games now?How can anyone take these folks so seriously?The mind consciousness is an amazing thing.Even when these guys are virtually screaming out that they are fraudsters to all asundary, some folks still can't hear their voices and discern.These guys are only revealing themselves for what and who they really are for those who can see and discern.
since you seem to be the alber einstein around here,why dont you open our eyes of understanding to what we seem to be missing in the comment.
the man simply made a valid comment which the bible also backs that prophesies shopuld be given a time frame to know those who are genuine and those who are not and you throw out an open ended comment which frankly isnt conveying anything at all, how exactly has he asserted or inffered that he is a fraud??
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by skonto: 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2010
Dolemite:

When Jesus prophesied it meant something, it wasn't done to add to some prophesy quota which he could show off to people at the end of the year. . .is this what Christianity has turned into?. . .pastors now imitating financial analysts, greedy business men who could sell their mothers if the price was right. . .last time I checked the goal of pastors was to win souls for Christ, since the 'end is near' now you guys are having prophesy olympics wow!! cheap tricks doesn't win loyal followers of Christ, ask Jim Jones. . .Thank God I left this Christian bullshit. . .
while is it that you are complicating issues, this is a simple understanding but you are changing it to your own understanding , pls read and understand before droping words about T.B Joshua, we should try to embrace an achiever.
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by Dolemite(f): 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2010
GODSON2009:

inciting competition in the house of GOD
ARE YOU FOR REAL?
didnt apostle paul enjoin christians to test every prophecy properly to know which is original?going by your reasoning apostle paul must be a fraud as well right?
Don't twist the God damned bible!! Paul said test their SPIRIT not prophecy!!
"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. . . ." (1 John 4:1-4)

skonto:

while is it that you are complicating issues, this is a simple understanding but you are changing it to your own understanding , pls read and understand before droping words about T.B Joshua, we should try to embrace an achiever.
And what is it that you THINK i'm missing?. . .
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by Nimshi: 1:38am On Mar 06, 2010
iReporter:

… LET US KNOW WHO IS A TRUE PROPHET ONCE AND FOR ALL

Continuing, he said: “When the year is about to start, the leaders of nations would announce to all the spiritual leaders, irrespective of their religions, to submit their assessment of their communication with Almighty God”. When the events begin to come to pass, then they would begin to mark each person’s report. Before the second week of January, we would be able to see who is a true Prophet of God”.

I.diotic idea.

Marking reports for perpetually failing students.

This m-oron forgot that the pass mark for prophecies for a true prophet of God is 100%. And even then he'd still have his work cut out for the future.

Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by knightride: 11:32am On Mar 09, 2010
Dolemite:

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. . . ." (1 John 4:1-4)
And what is it that you THINK i'm missing?. . .

Please, Never you call The Holy Bible God damned!!!

I see you dont have respect for the word of God, So how much more a prophecy and how much a servant of God
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by GODSON2009(m): 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
Dolemite:

i see,so in your own understanding what "spirit"do you reckon apostle paul was makinmg reference to??
i hope you realise that the holy spirit drives all the "spiritual" gifts be it prophecy,teaching e.t.c hence the spirit in that context is the same as checking the validity of prophecy,the hint is in the mention of prophets, what do "preophets do if not prophecy"??
or going by your own literal understanding of the verse,how do you test another person's spirit to know it is not from a babalawo?
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by Dolemite(f): 1:36pm On Mar 09, 2010
GODSON2009:

i see,so in your own understanding what "spirit"do you reckon apostle paul was makinmg reference to??
i hope you realise that the holy spirit drives all the "spiritual" gifts be it prophecy,teaching e.t.c hence the spirit in that context is the same as checking the validity of prophecy,the hint is in the mention of prophets, what do "preophets do if not prophecy"??
or going by your own literal understanding of the verse,how do you test another person's spirit to know it is not from a babalawo?

This is why paul would never have told people to judge men of God by their prophecy;
Acts 16:16-18:

16 As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling. 17 She followed Paul and us, crying out, "These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation." 18 And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And it came out that very hour. (ESV)

You see paul already had an experience where the devil prophecied accurately, i don't think he would then go on to tell people that if a man gives an accurate prophecy he is of God, bullshit! the devil can also give good prophecies.
This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God

the bible can be twisted to a thousand interpretations, but when you start adding to it, it's actually deadly. . .

Revelation 22:18-19 “For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by Dolemite(f): 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2010
knightride:

Please, Never you call The Holy Bible God damned!!!

I see you dont have respect for the word of God, So how much more a prophecy and how much a servant of God
Incase you haven't noticed sherlock i'm an atheist thank God, former Christian for 18 years so i know when someone is bullshitting with the GOD DAMNED bible.
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by GODSON2009(m): 4:36pm On Mar 09, 2010
Dolemite:

This is why paul would never have told people to judge men of God by their prophecy;
Acts 16:16-18:

16 As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling. 17 She followed Paul and us, crying out, "These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation." 18 And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And it came out that very hour. (ESV)

obviously no one will judge a man of GOD by solely prophecies but it is not only a big chunk of it,but the wholistic view as well,if you saw a man of GOD wearing a babalawo's attire or playing obesere and daddy showkey in church,obviously no one will stay no matter the annointing he carries
this event has contradicted your point below??according to you any spirit which does not acknowledge that jesus is from GOD is evil,however this diviner not only acknowledge but was even proclaiming it for many days, a simplistic explanation like you have given is not the way to recognise a true prophet or man of GOD, the bible says by their fruits, the fruits means "fruit of the spirit or spiritual gifts" read 1st corinthians 12; 1Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant. 2You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit if you read the chapter to the end,you will see the explanations concerning the fruit of the spirit now check romans chapter 12
by the way,i hope you realise that apostle paul himself did not have any idea what kind of spirit was inside the girl,untill the lord revealed it to him or do you reckon he would have condoned an evil spirit day and night for several days??
Dolemite:

You see paul already had an experience where the devil prophecied accurately, i don't think he would then go on to tell people that if a man gives an accurate prophecy he is of God, bullshit! the devil can also give good prophecies.
This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God
nobody has made any statement here saying that prophecy is the sole determinant of a true man of GOD when we all know babalawos too do prophecy we are talking about a specific man of GOD pastor tb joshua,but as far as we are both concerned unless you are privy to some hidden information devoid of media hype and innuendoes pastor tb joshua stands to be a prophet of GOD, the bible says that by their fruits ye shall know them as far as i can see even though i have never been to the church he appears to be a true man of GOD BY HIS FRUITS.
Dolemite:

the bible can be twisted to a thousand interpretations, but when you start adding to it, it's actually deadly. . .
not relevant as no one has done this
Dolemite:

Revelation 22:18-19 “For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”
not relevant to this discourse as well
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by Dolemite(f): 2:02am On Mar 10, 2010
GODSON2009:

we are talking about a specific man of GOD pastor tb joshua,but as far as we are both concerned unless you are privy to some hidden information devoid of media hype and innuendoes pastor tb joshua stands to be a prophet of GOD, the bible says that by their fruits ye shall know them as far as i can see even though i have never been to the church he appears to be a true man of GOD BY HIS FRUITS.
What are these 'fruits' you speak of? Miracles? the devil can do those, prophecies? devil aced that test. . .what else? that's all he does isn't it?

GODSON2009:

thisnot relevant to this discourse as well

That was directed at you as a warning, trying to turn the bible upside down. . .
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by mamagee3(f): 2:04am On Mar 10, 2010
He should better throw himself down the pulpit, he's annoying. sad
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by GODSON2009(m): 4:46pm On Mar 10, 2010
Dolemite:

What are these 'fruits' you speak of? Miracles? the devil can do those, prophecies? devil aced that test. . .what else? that's all he does isn't it?
now who is turning the bible upside down??the fruits of the spirit are the criteria apostle paul listed in order to recognise a real man of GOD that is precisely why i publicly challenged you to show conclusive proof that tb isnt a man of GOD,as far as the bible is concerned he fullfilled these criteria plus the fact that he is generous,he takes care of widows and the less priviledged,he calls on the name of the lord and never ascribes any of his miracles to himself or any other god,he is humble from many accounts of him even helping out physically carrying bags of rice,blocks with his followers e.t.c
so now show us that he is fake,unless you are just making an empty assertion devoid of any substance
Dolemite:

That was directed at you as a warning, trying to turn the bible upside down. . .
well then i guess the onus is on you to read that bible verse as a warning as well, remember where the bible warns us never to judge?especially when we dont have any proof
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by TheLight2: 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2010
The truth is what this man has just come out to say.

Let us separate the wheat from the chaff once and for all.
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by knightride: 12:41pm On Mar 11, 2010
Dolemite:

Incase you haven't noticed sherlock i'm an atheist thank God, former Christian for 18 years so i know when someone is bullshitting with the GOD DAMNED bible.

Good!!! So, please keep off christian matters. I don't see why an atheist ( a fool who says there's no God) be so concerned with christian matters.

Remember! wise sayings are too difficult for a fool to understand!!!
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by Centkaycee(f): 3:04pm On Mar 11, 2010
You said you are GODSON2009, but you don't seem to know God. Shame, I pity the irony of this your name. Flesh and or canality can never reveal or help your little understanding about the things of the SPIRIT. You are one of the people who are led astray like a sheep to the slaughter. No wonder you backslade when you found it difficult to live a righteous life. you claim you have seeing eyes but you see signs of danger yet you fall into a pit. Who bewitched you to have believed that the so called prophet T.B Joshua is of God.

"Let me take your unbelieving heart to the scritural truths"

In Matthew 7:21-23==> Not everyone that saith unto me , Lord, Lord, shall inherit the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my father which is in heaven.

Verse 22. "MANY" will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name have done many wonderful works - of righteousness and alms?
Verse 23. And then will "I" say unto them, "I" never know you: depart from me, you workers of iniquity.
Re: Tb Joshua Throws Down The Gauntlet by GODSON2009(m): 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2010
Centkaycee:

You said you are GODSON2009, but you don't seem to know God. Shame, I pity the irony of this your name. Flesh and or canality can never reveal or help your little understanding about the things of the SPIRIT. You are one of the people who are led astray like a sheep to the slaughter. No wonder you backslade when you found it difficult to live a righteous life. you claim you have seeing eyes but you see signs of danger yet you fall into a pit. Who bewitched you to have believed that the so called prophet T.B Joshua is of God.

"Let me take your unbelieving heart to the scritural truths"

In Matthew 7:21-23==> Not everyone that saith unto me , Lord, Lord, shall inherit the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my father which is in heaven.

Verse 22. "MANY" will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name have done many wonderful works - of righteousness and alms?
Verse 23. And then will "I" say unto them, "I" never know you: depart from me, you workers of iniquity.

first of all i am sure you are equally aware that the same bible expressly forbids christians not to judge others.without knowing me or my religious convictions you have judged me based on a couple of comments and you assert the title of a christian to yourself does that make any meaning to you sire??

when i started reading the preamble leading to the bible verse,i though there was a fundamental issue of truth you wanted to highlight to me, however,i was really dissappointed in you when i saw the verses you have quoted.

before i re iterate my stance on the issue of tb joshua,i must stress that i am not a member of his church,i have never been,and there is little chance of ever being one unless the lord leads me to do so.
now i will ask you a direct question,show or post conclusive proof that the man is not of GOD!!!!THIS SHOULD BE VERY EASY SEEING AS YOU HAVE CONCLUDED AND ARE SURE HE IS ONE.
once you do that,then i will accept that the general biblical verses pointing to fake prophets actually aply to him.
i dont know if he is a man of GOD or not,but one thing my beleive in christ as a born again christian tells me is that the lord knows.
secondly while i cannot stick my neck out and accuse a man of GOD without proof,i know for sure being resident abroad that tb joshua is probably the only nigerian or african man of GOD that white black mixed e.t.c people have spoken about to my hearing with reverence and a sincere desire to visit his church and partake of his ministry,i have met groups of white middle class students both male and female who have told me more about tb joshua than i a fellow nigerian even knows about,
in an era where bringing out a green passport attracts stares,prejudice bias from foreigners i believe rather than castigating the man without proof,we should be praying for more people like that who will potray nigeria and nigerians in a positive light

(1) (Reply)

Does Islam Need Reformation? / RCCG Pastor Reveals Satan's Army And Its Evil Tactics / What Made Satan To Rebel Against God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.