Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,007 members, 7,863,641 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! (11997 Views)

Again, A Middle Belt Man Is Chosen For Another Odd Job. Picture. / Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode / How Elections Was Rigged In The North By An ADHOC Staff.photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by EzeUche(m): 9:17am On Mar 14, 2010
edoyad:

@all, what happened in biafara was a culmination of many fatal errors and incompetence of some of officers who should have known better. All my life i had always thought that Major Kaduna was the cause of the civil war but since i saw and posted pixes of his grave at the military cemetery, through comments and reactions from both web and home i have come to know that that boy intended saving this country from where we are today. When the incompetent military officers in the eastern region foolishly failed to kill their targets that gave birth to a situation Nzeagwu hadn't bargained for.
Secondly the ethnic composition of the coup plotters gave an impression that the igbos had an alterior motive for the said revolution but just ten years later a similar coup by middlebelt officers from plateau state to end Murtala's life points to the fact that you only trust your own when plotting a takeover, negotiations come after. The distrust from that first Major Kaduna coup is what finally united the whole nation against the igbos but that is just my opinion.

Major Kaduna Nzeogwu was a true patriot for this 'Banana Republic' we call Nigeria. He believed in this nation and looked at how it repaid him.

The nation is still united against the Igbo. It is no lie, that the Ndi Igbo are one of the most marginalized groups in the political process. As a major ethnic group, the Igbo cannot be marginalized for so long and still think this nation can remain one.

Nigeria has never solved the Igbo Question as I always state, and this has sown the seeds of the nation's destruction.

I know many of my people will get angry when I say this, but the Nigerian gov't should have either done two things in order to have solved this Igbo Question. Either thoroughly destroyed the Ndi Igbo, that they would never ever in their wildest dreams ever think to secede from Nigeria or with open arms, integrate my people into the political process.

The FG did neither of these things, so we know how this will end.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by udezue(m): 5:46pm On Mar 14, 2010
EzeUche,
My family is from Ujari but moved to Ajali in Anambra. True that many understand Ibibio but I think its mostly Arochukwu ppl living in Arochukwu not the ones that migrated deeper into Igbo land. A lot of my relatives still marry Efik-Ibibios too. Also my dad's people na Awka so I'm still trying master Aro and Awka dialect. I thought the dialect I heard my cousins speak was Aro but in actuality its Ajali anambra dialect mixed with some Aro dialects. We still have Ibibio last name tho we don't speak the language. My mom understands Ibibio tho.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:47am On Dec 10, 2010
This thread was full of morons. Particularly this EzeUche guy. Why did I even bother to read this garbage.

It's also humorous seeing some people in here whining about the South South but completely ignorant about the origins of that arrangement.
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
All you middlebelt read again
Re: The Myth Of One North? By A Middle Belter. Explosive! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2012
time to read this again

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Threatens To Withdraw Bedc’s C Of O In Edo / 2019 Presidential Election: Buhari Is Fighting Dirty / Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.