Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,022 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla (21199 Views)

Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / The Last 12 Hours (A Short Romance Mystery Story By Kayode Odusanya) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by patjane(f): 7:45am On Oct 04, 2017
seunnla:

Hopefully you won't wait much longer.
Always tag me please cool

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by JoGanya(m): 7:46am On Oct 04, 2017
Great introduction, please do well to update frequently, we dey your back smiley

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by samwise180(m): 7:59am On Oct 04, 2017
Nice Writeup

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 04, 2017
Probably I might be the only one to complain, the writeup seems nice, but I seem not to get the message - it seems to conflict with my own understanding of heaven and hell, and actually does contradict the word of God.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. After death is judgement, the dead have nothing to do with the living.

This is bordering on NECROMANCY which again is an occultic act. This type of thing is only possible by satanic powers, and by the way, SATAN (and his demons) are not in hell (not yet), so the idea that hell is full is unacceptable to me.
And Satan has no power to bring himself (or his demons or anyone) out of hell (so that too is contrary).

So as far as I am concerned, this book is a fairy tale and does not reflect what happens in the spirit realm after death.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by matrixA(m): 8:04am On Oct 04, 2017
please mention when you update next
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 8:14am On Oct 04, 2017
dhtml81:
Probably I might be the only one to complain, the writeup seems nice, but I seem not to get the message - it seems to conflict with my own understanding of heaven and hell, and actually does contradict the word of God.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. After death is judgement, the dead have nothing to do with the living.

This is bordering on NECROMANCY which again is an occultic act. This type of thing is only possible by satanic powers, and by the way, SATAN (and his demons) are not in hell (not yet), so the idea that hell is full is unacceptable to me.
And Satan has no power to bring himself (or his demons or anyone) out of hell (so that too is contrary).

So as far as I am concerned, this book is a fairy tale and does not reflect what happens in the spirit realm after death.

This is a work of fiction and should be taken as such. I do not let my personal beliefs impede my creative work or ability to think of the "What if".

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 8:14am On Oct 04, 2017
patjane:

Thank you, I will.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 8:16am On Oct 04, 2017
JoGanya:
Great introduction, please do well to update frequently, we dey your back smiley

Thank you, I'm working on something currently.

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 8:17am On Oct 04, 2017
matrixA:
please mention when you update next

I will, thank you.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by patjane(f): 8:19am On Oct 04, 2017
dhtml81:

This is a work of fiction oga,nobody said is a real life story..
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 8:23am On Oct 04, 2017
patjane:

Is your moniker inspired by '"The mentalist". I love that series, still watch it even though it has long ended and had a crush on Patrick Jane for quite a long time. smiley grin
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by SirGoldEjike(m): 8:57am On Oct 04, 2017
dhtml81:

You ve well spoken Sir but i have a few things i want you to help me clerify! ''in my name they shall cast out demons''.. Are christains to cast demons in heaven, hell or on earth? Where did Jesus himself deliver demon possessed persons, in heaven, hell or on earth?
Demons, devils, evil spirits need a body to carry out the work of their master here on earth, so the devil, sends em in their thousands to earth!
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by patjane(f): 9:28am On Oct 04, 2017
seunnla:

Is your moniker inspired by '"The mentalist". I love that series, still watch it even though it has long ended and had a crush on Patrick Jane for quite a long time. smiley grin
Haven't watch it but I think I'll get it because of you grin
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by ROYALFIXED20130: 9:49am On Oct 04, 2017
you can make it today
dont depend on anybody
be the boss of your own
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by realmrsugar: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2017
Nice art nd creativity...
I swear ur genre of poetry is reali gon go places ....kp it up ..yhu did a nice job

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
patjane:

Haven't watch it but I think I'll get it because of you grin

Try it and let me know smiley
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by CNARIOjoseph(m): 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2017
dhtml81:

Nigerians suffer from too much religion that they can no longer appreciate pure art and creativity when they see one. Na wah o!
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2017
Text message stories are one of my favourites, I love writing them and even love reading them more. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this TEXT STORY between Peter and his lovely wife, Rachel.
Again, This is a work of FICTION.
© Ufuoma .K. Oluwaseun
All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author.

Rachel: Hey babe

Peter: Hey you, how are you holding down the forte

Rachel: Great, the kids are at your parents.

Peter: What? You know my mother spoils them with so much sugary treats. They’ve already been there twice this week already.

Rachel: Calm down Pete. Speaking on spoiling, you’re getting spoilt tonight wink

Peter: Ooh, what do you have in mind babe?

Rachel: It's a surprise, it involves birthday suits and lots of burned calories.

Peter: Well, I better hurry home then.

Rachel: Still at work then?

Peter: Yep, I’m sorry babe.

Peter: I’m at a meeting….

Peter: soon be over, though.

Peter: Thanks to your surprise, I can’t concentrate any longer wink

Rachel: That’s weird

Peter: What is?

Rachel: Your friend, John.

Rachel: He is here

Rachel: Why isn’t he at the meeting

Peter: Rachel, John is at the meeting.

Rachel: Wtf do you mean, he is in our living room as we speak.

Peter: Rach, if this is one of your pranks….

Peter: Then this is not a good time, I’m at a meeting abeg.

Rachel: I’m not joking or playing a prank, John is here. He was asking if you were around, he asked of the kids too.

Peter: John is literally sitting next to me…

Peter: Wtf is happening

Rachel: That can’t be. He is here. I swear, he is here.

Peter: My boss is shooting me angry glances, he suspects I’m using the tab for other purposes instead of following up on the discussed agenda.

Rachel: He is calling for me. Let me see what he needs.

Peter: Are you sure it’s John?

Rachel: For God’s sake angry I know what John looks like.

Rachel: Oh sh#t

Rachel: Sh#t Sh#t Sh#t

Rachel: WTF

Peter: What’s wrong?

Rachel: He was holding a human a reaf human head

Rachel: *real

Peter: Where are you?

Rachel: In our bedroom, I locked the door.

Rachel: He said he wanted mine too and then got up and approached me, I fled.

Rachel: He was holding a machete

Rachel: Where the heck did it come out from?

Rachel: Omg, what kind of sick twisted sh#t is this?

Rachel: Did I cross a portal to a universe where the scenarios in “the purge” are a reality.

Peter: Oh god...

Peter: Stay in that room please, I’m on my way home.

Rachel: Please hurry, I’m really scared

Rachel: I see you’re trying to call me.

Rachel: I can’t pick, I don’t want to alert him to which room I’m hiding in

Rachel: My phone is on silent too, Please call the police

Peter: I’m ov my way

Peter: *on

Peter: I’ve called the police, they are on their way.

Peter: I don’t understand what is happening

Rachel: Neither do I

Rachel: Oh god

Rachel: I hear footsteps, they are approaching

Peter: I’m on my way babe

Peter: Please keep texting me so I know you’re ok. I’m so worried babe.

Peter: Gah, the uber guy is driving too slowly.

Rachel: Footsteps are approaching embarassed

Rachel: He’s calling out my name

Rachel: The footsteps have stopped

Rachel: Bloody hell, he’s kicking at the bedroom door. I’m so scared Pete

Peter: Aren't the police there yet? I’m just ten minutes away.

Rachel: No

Rachel: He is kicking down the door. I’ve tried to contact other people.

Rachel: Their lines are all busy, it’s so strange

Rachel: Oh god, I think the door is about to open

Rachel: If anything were to happen to me…

Peter: Nothing’s gonna happen

Peter: I’m almost there... I’m almost there

Rachel: I love you, you know that right?

Peter: I love you too but nothing's gonna happen

Peter: Goddammit why is this uber guy so slow, five minutes away

Rachel: The door is open now

Rachel: I’m hiding under the bed, i think he can see me

Rachel: Oh god, Oh dear God

Rachel: His footsteps are approaching

Rachel: He is neaffkdmdojfklkldkafdjl

Rachel: j the nddjsreiofdnal jdkdskaleksnjd

Peter: Rachel?

Peter: Answer me please

Peter: Babe are you there

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2017
Augustap eROCK247 patjane matrixA
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by duch12(m): 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2017
Nice one seunnla

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2017
duch12:
Nice one seunnla

Thank you smiley
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by patjane(f): 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by matrixA(m): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2017
thanks for the mention. Thumbs up for the update tho,its a cool one. Keep it up!

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Augustap(f): 9:29pm On Oct 04, 2017
dhtml81:

Daddy G.O

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Augustap(f): 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2017
Nice write up, but i think we are going to fight if you keep letting me complete these stories myself. Btw, you're creative.

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by ghostwritter(m): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2017
dis ur texting story get as e be o...I wasn't expecting it to end like that...i was expecting more. My imagination had ran faster than where u stopped.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2017
© Ufuoma .K. Oluwaseun, 2017
This is a work of FICTION.

Abidemi was the mirror image of royalty. She had spotless skin, beautifully sculpted facial features, light brown expressive eyes, thick shoulder length hair and was considered too tall for her age. At 5ft8”, she towered over most of her age mates. She carried herself in a manner that would put many beauty queens to shame, head held high, spine straight, chin raised but not too high, long confident strides. She was the envy of most girls her age. What they didn’t know was that because her mother was a former beauty queen who took a lot of pride in her looks and had lots of endorsement deals still coming her way despite the fact that she was forty, she had made sure to drill Abidemi into perfection.
“Don’t leave your mouth hanging dear, there is nothing beautiful about a droopy face” her mother had once said to her. She was just ten years old.
“Don’t drag the towel across your face, you pat it dry not rub, otherwise your skin would wrinkle”. She was thirteen.
“Do not slouch dear, sit up straight. A straight spine is essential to looking good”. She was fifteen.
“Is that a zit I see? I need to send you to see the dermatologist”. She was sixteen.

Now, at seventeen, she was filled with insecurities despite being a beautiful girl.
She was the daughter of a beauty queen and hated politician, this meant she couldn’t go anywhere without a security detail so she decided to spend most of her free time flipping through glossy magazines and buying vintage items online. Recently she had purchased a mirror on a website claiming to ‘change the way you see yourself'. It was said to have belonged to a former enchantress.
When the mirror was delivered to her room, she was beside herself with joy. She hung it up on the wall and to her surprise, the mirror actually changed the way she saw herself.
She felt prettier when she looked in the mirror, she felt more confident.
When her mother announced that the minister of finance and his family would be visiting for dinner, she was ecstatic. She was infatuated with the minister’s son.
She pulled out a white lacy gown, she was going to make her move tonight. She was going to tell him how she felt.
After slipping on the gown and applying light makeup, she ran a comb through her hair and proceeded to examine herself in her vintage mirror. She needed the boost in confidence. The mirror delivered. She looked stunning. For the first time in her life, she liked her mirror image.
She was still admiring herself when something happened. She blinked. The mirror image.
Abidemi was shocked, she was quite sure her mirror image had blinked when she herself had not and so she leaned in to take a closer look, taking care not to blink and it happened again.
She was still pondering on the strange occurrence when steam began to build up within the mirror. She reached out to the mirror in an attempt to wipe away the steam when a hand reached out from the mirror and grabbed hers.
Within seconds, they had switched places with the real Abidemi stuck inside the mirror and unable to do anything but blink. Her mirror image stared back at her, her lips curving in a sardonic smile.
“Woah” mirror image exclaimed “It feels nice to be able to use my mouth again”.
Abidemi found herself mouthing the words of the mirror image.
The mirror image ran her hands across her face and down her neck, forcing Abidemi to do the same “Oh, my skin feels so good” she paused “ You don’t have to do everything I do when nobody’s watching” she commented dryly.
Abidemi blinked.
“Sucks doesn’t it? Only being able to blink….blink if you think it sucks”.
Abidemi blinked.
“Yeah, it does but don’t worry I’m only out here for a short while” she giggled loudly before continuing “ Only a monster deserves to be locked up in there and you my dear” she trailed her fingers across the cold mirror, across Abidemi's face “ You my dear, are not a monster”.
“Our guests are here Demi, please come down and act appropriately” her mother announced on the intercom.
“It is always one thing with that woman isn’t it?” The image blurted “Always yapping about posture and the likes, she’s gonna get hers” she said before replying the woman that she was on her way.
On her way out of the room, she turned to Abidemi and mouthed “ This is going to be fun”.
Abidemi stayed stuck in the mirror long after the image was gone, she could hear and see but couldn’t talk. After several minutes, she heard screams, blood curdling screams that went on for what seemed like hours along with the sound of things crashing. Then it stopped, the chaotic sound. It was followed by an unsettling quiet. The image waltzed into the room covered in blood.
“Red suits us better” The image said with a smile “Look how it complements our skin”
Abidemi was horrified, but she could only blink.
“Ooh don’t give me that look” the image chided her “Only one of the security men escaped. You would have been proud of me, I made your stiff necked mother cry like an uncouth woman, so much for decorum” she reached out to the stuck girl “ I can’t wait to see what you’ll come up with, when your face is plastered all over the television and papers and people are asking you why you did it” She sighed “ Time to face the music Abi”. The image touched the mirror and they switched places again, with Abidemi on the outside this time, the blood from the formerly white garment clung to her skin.
The image winked at her just as the sound of sirens filled the air.

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2017
Augustap:
Nice write up, but i think we are going to fight if you keep letting me complete these stories myself. Btw, you're creative.

Abeg oh let's not fight grin grin grin
Thanks for reading
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 10:13pm On Oct 04, 2017
ghostwritter:
dis ur texting story get as e be o...I wasn't expecting it to end like that...i was expecting more. My imagination had ran faster than where u stopped.

That's the point na, I want your imagination to run up and down grin grin grin till e tire
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Augustap(f): 10:14pm On Oct 04, 2017
seunnla:

Thanks for reading
Okay. We are good dearie grin
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Augustap(f): 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2017
seunnla:

Thanks for reading
Okay. We are good dear grin

Ambush By Gbemisola Adeoti / Let The Guns Speak / When The ‘other Woman’ Triumphs: A Literary Review Of Toke Makinwa’s On Becoming

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60