Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) (11486 Views)

Just A Nigerian Dream?? / An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina / Google Celebrates Nigerian Author - Flora Nwapa (2) (3) (4)

Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by mynigeriandream: 3:02am On Jul 10, 2017
Roy Lan Uzoma a 2015 Civil engineering graduate from Covenant University, and indeed a nation builder, just released his maiden book titled My Nigerian Dream.
A book on patriotism. A time in Nigeria when hope is almost lost. A time when people don't believe anything great can come out of this nation. A time people where hope and dreams don't seem attainable. This book is to re-instate hope and belief in the Nation. This is a must read for every Nigerian Youth. The book "My Nigerian Dream" is a product of two years work and unmatched sacrifice by the author to ensure visible impact in the great nation Nigeria. Through his foundation he is giving out for free 100 copies of this book.

Lets celebrate this young man doing something worthwhile for his country, where others are busy complaining that nothing works.

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by mynigeriandream: 3:12am On Jul 10, 2017
cc @Lalasticlala this is an inspiring post lets show other young individuals that one can still be creative even in a failing society.

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by NigPatriot(m): 3:28am On Jul 10, 2017
I have my copy of this book. Got it directly from the Author. It's a very good read. I love the fact he fine tuned what some call " Self-help" to an informative classic. Kudos and more grace.

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 10, 2017
Nigeria will be great again

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 10:59am On Jul 10, 2017

Roy LAN Uzoma is really a dreamer.

Which Igbo man has a Nigerian dream.

I admire his intellectual strength and his literary ability. It's exciting to see young people write.
Reading and writing is a culture which has gone almost extinct in youths today.
I only wish he didn't commit too much energy to a dream that is almost a mirage.

I'd like to have a read though

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by orijintv(m): 11:01am On Jul 10, 2017
How do you expect somebody that has money to go to Convenant Universtiy to give up on Nigeria When His OAU counterparts That Ought To Have Graduated The Same Year Is Still Struggling With 300L Due To Incessant Strikes And Incompetence Of This Yeye Country.

N/B : Im Not Trying To Badmouth The Effort Of This Good Author Here But We All Know That The Only Set Of People That Still Have Hope In This Country Are The RICH FOLKS !!!

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by justi4jesu(f): 11:02am On Jul 10, 2017
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by jashar(f): 11:02am On Jul 10, 2017
Is the book interesting?
Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by RealHaute: 11:02am On Jul 10, 2017
Great job.
Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 10, 2017
nice one. stay in Nigeria, dreams come true here too.

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by EBRAHIMJAY(m): 11:03am On Jul 10, 2017
kudos
Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 10, 2017
Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 10, 2017
jashar:
Is the book interesting?

go n buy ;P
Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by ShitHead(m): 11:05am On Jul 10, 2017
Does anyone have a copy of "My American Dream"? I want to read it.

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by Ibukune(m): 11:05am On Jul 10, 2017
NigPatriot:
I have my copy of this book. Got it directly from the Author. It's a very good read. I love the fact he fine tuned what some call " Self-help" to an informative classic. Kudos and more grace.

Pls any idea on how to get the book? Will be grateful if you can hint me. Thanks

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by kingrt2(m): 11:05am On Jul 10, 2017
Enjoy reading my signature

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by deepwater(f): 11:07am On Jul 10, 2017
Dear Uzoma, well done....

Your book title reminds me of one gangsta shiit when i was in the hood back way 2003 cool

I had dreams of fuuckin' a R&B bicth like Mya
When I saw that ass on the front of that King
Read the article in the magazine, she loved gangsters, loved nasty things
So I'm in the glass house having nasty dreams
Good girls never give it up
But anything is possible, if 50 fuckeed Vivica
Hurdled life's obstacles, found my way through the maze
Then joy turned to pain like Frankie Beverly and Maze
Used to dream of being Unsigned Hype
'til I was crushed by Dave Mays, almost let my pen fall asleep on the page
Day-dreamin' yesterday, dozin' off backstage
I thought I saw Eazy talking to Jam Master Jay
So I walked over, heard Jam Master say
"It's a hard knock life, then you pass away"
They say sleep is the cousin of death, so my eyes wide open
Cause a dream is kin to your last breath

[Hook]
Blushin' in this 40 ounce, lettin' the ink from my pen bleed
Cause Martin Luther King had a (dream)
Aaliyah had a (dream), Left Eye had a (dream)
So I reached out to Kanye and (I brought you all my dreams)

The dream of Huey Newton, that's what I'm livin' through
The dream of Eric Wright, that's what I'm givin you
Who walked through the White House without a business suit
Compton hat, jheri curl drippin on Ronald Reagan's shoes
Gave Mike Lem my demo, came here to pay my dues
Started off with Whoo Kid, then I start blazin' Clue
It was all a dream like Big said it'd be
Don't sleep on me homey, I bring nightmares to reality
Rap phenomenon, defyin' the rules of gravity
Studied all the classics, start revisin' my strategy
Cause Marshall Mathers made it, Curtis Jackson made it
Head in the clouds, wonderin' where the hell Marvin Gaye went
How do I say this? I'm livin' for my son
But I can't figure out, why I'm at my temple with this gun
Wake up to a Jesus piece, like a catholic nun
The war to be a rap legend has just begun grin

This song is dedicated to Yetunde Price
The sister of Venus and Serena Williams
Who was slain during a gang shootout in Compton
Sunday, September 14th, 2003: rest in peace

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 10, 2017
This is what I'm saying.. This is a man with a brain. Someone who knew that life after graduation is nothing but he'll.. He have to create a niche for himself. As smart as he is, I don't think he will get down. Keep rising young entrepreneur.

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by jashar(f): 11:11am On Jul 10, 2017
emmyquan:

go n buy ;P

yem ego...

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by bloodwashed: 11:13am On Jul 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

I admire his intellectual strength and his literary ability. It's exciting to see young people write.
I only wish he didn't commit too much energy to a dream that is almost a mirage.

This is exactly why he will be a success in life, while you should pray you don't end up a sadistic Nairaland bigot. The young man has taken a bold step. You should wake up from your mother's bed, stop eating her food, go out there and make a life.

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2017
Upon looking at the third picture, I thought I saw Maria Okanran.... it is not an insult o pls..... the girl too is human and can share looks with another person so nobody should insult me....
Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by Almaheed: 11:13am On Jul 10, 2017
i went to high school with this guy, good Shepherd schools meiran... am so proud Roy lan for making this feat, this is what we expect from our youth to be insightful and have a vision.

every one should have a Nigerian dream that encompasses our personal goals and objective. it shouldn't be about our pocket but the general welfare of our Nation. God bless you Roy lan. you made us proud

where can I get a copy of this book

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by zeusdgrt(m): 11:19am On Jul 10, 2017
Country dey boil this otu say make I come read book.agbaya!

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by caracas: 11:22am On Jul 10, 2017
Bia, loy ran abi Wetin be that your name ,u better take your time before amadioha go "gbagbogi" there .
Nigeria is dead n will soon be buried
"My Biafran dream "is what you should be writing about.

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by oshe11: 11:22am On Jul 10, 2017
Nigga looks gud......

Lemme first report Buhari

If Man U sign Bakayoko

Ahswear I go hate Mou almost the way I hate the sick one....

Buhari pls leave London n go to Manchester.....

Ur change is Affecting CHELSEA undecided

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by SweetJoystick(m): 11:23am On Jul 10, 2017
Which Nigerian dream? Nigeria wey no know whether e go still exists tomorrow or next?

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by Minemrys: 11:25am On Jul 10, 2017
JoyBeth89:
Nigeria will be great again
i wish there were others like u bt sadly, there isn't.

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by slap1(m): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

I agree. WTF is the Nigerian Dream? Should be My Nigerian Nightmare.

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by repogirl(f): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2017
Good for him sha, when most Nigerians are having Nigerian Nightmares. grin

A dream remains a dream unless one wakes up and creates it into something physical. So it's not enough to dream it, we have to work towards its realisation.

Re: Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos) by misspineapple(f): 11:36am On Jul 10, 2017
My Nigerian dream......Any how sha..Happy 4 him.I hope it sells

Learning About Yourself Exercise / Anthony Okongwu: Achebe’s kinsman killed over communal land in Anambra / The Undisputed - A Story About Friendship