Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,584 members, 7,861,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:10 PM

Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan (657 Views)

Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” / "We Won't Go To Samsibia Forest Unless You Lead Us"- Danjuma Tells Jonathan / Lead Us To Sambisa Forest, Danjuma Tells Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by rasputinn(m): 11:10pm On Mar 04, 2010
Be aggressive, Danjuma tells Jonathan

The chairman of the presidential Advisory Committee,Gen Theophilus Danjuma (RTD), GCON, has advised the Acting President Goodluck Jonathan to act fast and aggressively effect the needed transformation in the country.

Speaking at the inauguration ceremony of the 25-man committee which was held at the council chambers of the presidential villa, today, he urged Mr. Jonathan to make the fight against corruption pro-active rather than reactive.

“This is a decisive moment in our history,” he said. “At such moments God always ensures that a nation possesses significant personalities who are to act as his agents for change. You, Mr. Acting President, are the significant personality that God has chosen at this time to take your place at the front in the struggle to save our country. Because the times are extra-ordinary, the measures that need to be taken are not only urgent but also extra-ordinary.”

He added that “unless you take those measures quickly the goodwill which you now enjoy may be lost.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5535872-146/be_aggressive_danjuma_tells_jonathan_.csp
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by rasputinn(m): 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2010
Very apt advice,he should proceed to disband the present brigade of guards and constitute a new one,redeploy the present chief of army staff(so he wont have to look over his shoulders the entire period he'll be acting president and president),reconstitute the Federal cabinet(to weed out all disloyal ministers that may proveto be fatal moles and fifth columnists),order a re-trial if James Ibori,tackle the problem of fuel scarcity and power outage in the country,then finally address the pervasive issue of general insecurity in Nigeria
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 04, 2010
I hope jonathan listens and act fast cos its time for action! He should strive to make a difference and not follow the path of former corrupt leaders that brought nigeria to the present crossroads of crisis.
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by oderemo(m): 11:53pm On Mar 04, 2010
At
such moments God always ensures that a nation possesses significant personalities who are to act as his agents for change. You, Mr. Acting President, are the significant

trust nigerian to mention that name to gain mileage. grin grin grin
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by jumobi1(m): 1:37am On Mar 05, 2010
Since when did Danjuma giv a damn about nigeria?
Maybe he wants him to be aggressive so he can get killed. Jonathan doesn't want to die.
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by edoyad(m): 1:43am On Mar 05, 2010
jumobi1:

Since when did Danjuma giv a damn about nigeria?
Maybe he wants him to be aggressive so he can get killed. Jonathan doesn't want to die.

If Jonathan is not ready to die then he's not ready to be a president. What do you want him to do, lay down like Shonekan and get tossed out ?
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by naijamini(m): 3:04am On Mar 05, 2010
I hope Danjuma has real advice for Jonathan. We all know soldiers are always thinking from the viewpoint of aggression, so no surprise there.

Jonathan needs clear recommendations on what needs to be DONE aggresively.

rasputinn:

Be aggressive, Danjuma tells Jonathan

The chairman of the presidential Advisory Committee,Gen Theophilus Danjuma (RTD), GCON, has advised the Acting President Goodluck Jonathan to act fast and aggressively effect the needed transformation in the country.

Speaking at the inauguration ceremony of the 25-man committee which was held at the council chambers of the presidential villa, today, he urged Mr. Jonathan to make the fight against corruption pro-active rather than reactive.

“This is a decisive moment in our history,” he said. “At such moments God always ensures that a nation possesses significant personalities who are to act as his agents for change. You, Mr. Acting President, are the significant personality that God has chosen at this time to take your place at the front in the struggle to save our country. Because the times are extra-ordinary, the measures that need to be taken are not only urgent but also extra-ordinary.”

He added that “unless you take those measures quickly the goodwill which you now enjoy may be lost.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5535872-146/be_aggressive_danjuma_tells_jonathan_.csp

Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by Myself2(m): 7:26am On Mar 05, 2010
ode remo:

At
trust nigerian to mention that name to gain mileage. grin grin grin

Danjuma has learnt the ropes of politricks cheesy cheesy cheesy

naijamini:

I hope Danjuma has real advice for Jonathan. We all know soldiers are always thinking from the viewpoint of aggression, so no surprise there.

Jonathan needs clear recommendations on what needs to be DONE aggresively.

grin grin grin LOL

About the clear directions,don't forget Jonathan still has his own advisers,ministers etc,so I think he has a fair idea of the clear recommendations he needs to pursue aggressively.The 25-man advisory cottee is amongst other things a group intended to shore up the support base of the acting president
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by Boboribo: 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2010
Jonathan is aggressively SLOW.
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by Beaf: 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2010
Boboribo:

Jonathan is aggressively SLOW.

Perhaps he is slow. But he is fighting principalities and powers almost single handedly, he has been building up his own power base outside of the cabal (eg the 26 man advisory council which Danjuma is part of that). You will recall that the governors and PDP were upset because he did not consult them in forming the advisory council (who the Bleep do they think they are?). Also, yesterday he locked the Minister of Defence and the FCT Minister out of the swearing in of his advisory council for being late.

Jonathan might be slow (which can be annoying), but taking time a being deliberate does not equate to being ineffective. Lets give him a week or two before coming to any conclusions.
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2010
I would take the advise but I won't implement it like Danjuma expects. Right now Jonathan is like an antelope in the land of wolves. He has to be very careful. In fact he has to use his head and be very sneaky as well. I can't say this enough. Nigerian seat of power is heavily tilted in favor of the north (especially the military) and they won't let him change anything. If he must die trying to save the nation, then let his death bring something positively revolutionary. I don't want him to die like Ironsi. undecided I still don't trust Danjuma.
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by OYBMEND: 6:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
according to Sanusi

Political uncertainty has no impact on the economy

see thread below for details

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-408661.0.html
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2010
OYB_MEND:

according to Sanusi

Political uncertainty has no impact on the economy

see thread below for details

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-408661.0.html

Ofcourse, the economy will be affected.
How many people will wanna go and invest money in Nigeria as we speak?
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by rasputinn(m): 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2010
Nobody,no cabal,no group;whether ministers,assmeblymen,serving governors or former corrupt governors has any right to appropriate Nigeria,Obasanjo said so and I agree.

Jonathan should note it and be firm and decisive
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by Eziachi: 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2010
If Jonathan becomes aggressive, has Danjuma considered the jail most suitable for himself first? What a suicidal advise.
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by jumobi1(m): 10:35pm On Mar 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

I would take the advise but I won't implement it like Danjuma expects. Right now Jonathan is like an antelope in the land of wolves. He has to be very careful. In fact he has to use his head and be very sneaky as well. I can't say this enough. Nigerian seat of power is heavily tilted in favor of the north (especially the military) and they won't let him change anything. If he must die trying to save the nation, then let his death bring something positively revolutionary. I don't want him to die like Ironsi. undecided I still don't trust Danjuma.
Danjuma killed Ironsi for not being aggressive.
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by jamace(m): 11:36pm On Mar 06, 2010
Hmmnnn. This period is not the best for Acting President Jonathan. Too many friends in the name of advicers have risen up overnight. Jonathan must be having sleepless nights over his present position. Indeed, uneasy lies the head that wears the crown!
Re: Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan by rasputinn(m): 4:39am On Mar 07, 2010
^^^

God will see him through,anyone with ulterior motive will perish with same ulterior motive

(1) (Reply)

Henry Okah's Brother Arrested / Abuja Bombings: S’africa Court Denies Okah Bid To View Evidence / Pdp Loses Senators To Opposition !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.