Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

World's Greatest Drag Race 7 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / World's Greatest Drag Race 7 (4183 Views)

Drag Race Nigeria / Drag Race: Formula E Car Vs Cheetah Who Will Win? / 6-Wheel Devel Sixty Monster SUV Smokes Mercedes-AMG GT Sports Car In Drag Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by sultaan(m): 8:19am On Sep 27, 2017
I just saw this on the motor trend YouTube channel and I am amazed by the result

And the winner is the Tesla P100 Ludicrous Plus a look at the quarter mile time is amazing when compared to previous races

At 4800 pounds and $135k super cars just met their doom because it will be a lot cheaper to own a Tesla.

When the say the future of fossil fuel cars is near, I think the end is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvk18vx-nrY

2 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by Nemesis1: 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2017
;Dby
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
I was more interested in kingreigns lexus that came last cry

7 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
As long as the AMG V8 biturbo was disgraced by the NISMO GTR V6 twin turbo i am satisfied (ariwo koni music)

this shows that japanese technology would always be more superior to the germans grin benz or nothing fans over to you, i am at home come and beat me.

4 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by henrinco(m): 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
Drag race street king...TESLA. Iam coming for you baby!!
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by DaimlerBen(m): 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:
As long as the AMG V8 biturbo was disgraced by the NISMO GTR V6 twin turbo i am satisfied (ariwo koni music)

this shows that japanese technology would always be more superior to the germans grin benz or nothing fans over to you, i am at home come and beat me.
Mercedes has always been about luxury.
Think otherwise at your own peril.

2 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2017
DaimlerBen:

Mercedes has always been about luxury.
Think otherwise at your own peril.

If I pitch the S600 against the flying spur or Rolls-Royce and it loses which has always been the norm, you will find another excuse like it's not about luxury it's about class or price or another excuse.

2 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by Denn(m): 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
I was more interested in kingreigns lexus that came I last cry

Me too

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by Denn(m): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

If I pitch the S600 against the flying spur or Rolls-Royce and it loses which has always been the norm, you will find another excuse like it's not about luxury it's about class or price or another excuse.

Are you saying the S600 will lose to a RR in a drag race?

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
Denn:

Will you drag race a RR who does that undecided, i am talking of luxury comparism

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by kingreign(m): 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
I was more interested in kingreigns lexus that came I last cry

Its not a sports car, it's a luxury grand touring car and I still adore it grin

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by kingreign(m): 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2017
Denn:

Rolls Royce don't compete with cars, they compete with Yacht and Business class jets. cool

2 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by kingreign(m): 8:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

Dem go break ur mouth o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
kingreign:

Dem go break ur mouth o cheesy

You no see as them dey avoid the thread, Nissan will break any AMG thrown at it, see that chairman saying AMG is about luxury, AMG we know is about performance them don change mouth grin

3 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by sultaan(m): 9:59pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

You no see as them dey avoid the thread, Nissan will break any AMG thrown at it, see that chairman saying AMG is about luxury, AMG we know is about performance them don change mouth grin

AMG performance relegated the only German trying to stay in the fast car business is Porsche and Audi .

The fact that Tesla is at this point in 5 years leaves the next 5 to imagination.

How many $200k car buyers will want their butt whooped by a Tesla then still have to pay $5k for service when Tesla needs none just charge battery and replace tires.

Those old enough can remember the big priced car phone of the 80s compared to a smartphone oil futures look bleak

2 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

Nurey, u just made me misfire laugh grin
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by king406(m): 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

chief, that AMG GTR is not about straight line speed, it is about track racing with tight corners, that's why it's called a grand turismo racer. I love Nissan gtr, but it won that race because it is all wheel drive, and it too isn't built mainly for straight line speed. Put the two cars on the track and the Nissan will fall behind. If it were a 2018 AMG E63 S in that race, it would have been on par with the 488 or even the mclaren.

2 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by king406(m): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

what did u just say?? grin grin just because Nissan accidentally made the gtr?? Same gtr that has been around since 2008?? Same Nissan that is afraid to make a new gtr because they can't do it right again?? Even the 370z was an accident. When Nissan keeps making cars like the sentra with it's useless cvt?? Oga try somewhere else abeg

2 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
sultaan:

AMG performance relegated the only German trying to stay in the fast car business is Porsche and Audi .

The fact that Tesla is at this point in 5 years leaves the next 5 to imagination.

How many $200k car buyers will want their butt whooped by a Tesla then still have to pay $5k for service when Tesla needs none just charge battery and replace tires.

Those old enough can remember the big priced car phone of the 80s compared to a smartphone oil futures look bleak

Tesla has really done well and i hope they will continue to be better. Since this is international i believe the competition too will wake up, its just the efficiency and complimenting the environment with charge stations that may pose a challenge.
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by Readonee35L(m): 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

God bless you bro.
Fan boys will always buttlick their brand and never accept defeat.
Even if the Nissan Gtr defeats the Amg C63s they will say the c63s is not a track car but a luxury car.
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
king406:
chief, that AMG GTR is not about straight line speed, it is about track racing with tight corners, that's why it's called a grand turismo racer. I love Nissan gtr, but it won that race because it is all wheel drive, and it too isn't built mainly for straight line speed. Put the two cars on the track and the Nissan will fall behind. If it were a 2018 AMG E63 S in that race, it would have been on par with the 488 or even the mclaren.

Nissan GTR has been known to be king of drag race, even buggatti would respect the Skyline/GTR, its a known fact, No AMG or benz comes close to drag racing they arent always the top contenders let AMG maintain its pimping mode and leave racing to the real BOSS. Also you talk of corner, that should be drifting, baba dont let mazda hear you grin
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2017
king406:
what did u just say?? grin grin just because Nissan accidentally made the gtr?? Same gtr that has been around since 2008?? Same Nissan that is afraid to make a new gtr because they can't do it right again?? Even the 370z was an accident. When Nissan keeps making cars like the sentra with it's useless cvt?? Oga try somewhere else abeg

Yes the Nissan GTR is outdated and needs something whao again as it has lost the drag race champion title, but now is not the time to be churning out performance cars, lets focus on electric engines first grin
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

no worry, we de look them...

Benz lovers be likewww.nairaland.com/attachments/5283971_20170509190536_jpeg3ad4696347cb16c42b0f8bf9a324bec8

Nurey no worry if dem come back, nack them another line

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5348920_324679051535jpegd47a99755e58f33735eaf8e7c9fb3b96_jpeg2f1f4cf54f34add23cf289761245aeef

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2017
Readonee35L:

God bless you bro.
Fan boys will always buttlick their brand and never accept defeat.
Even if the Nissan Gtr defeats the Amg C63s they will say the c63s is not a track car but a luxury car.

I think the challenger SRT demon can go toe to toe with that tesla. So the next drag race i wanna see is the tesla, challenger srt demon, Hennessy venom GT and Bugatti chiron
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by Readonee35L(m): 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2017
king406:
Always defending the Benz.
Mercedes is a nice car.
But even with the Amg division, it's gonna get beaten.
This is 2017 not 2010 (Where Mercedes 6.2L V8 was King)
The only way the Benz can top that chart is if it's Brabus Tuned.

Nissan , Cadillac , Bmw M, Dodge/Jeep 6.2Supercharged 707Hp, Ati be be loh e.t.c.
Many cars like that will trash the Benz

I love Benz a little , But i think they should have improved their Natural 6.2L rather than switching to Twin Turbos

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

no worry, we de look them...

Benz lovers be likewww.nairaland.com/attachments/5283971_20170509190536_jpeg3ad4696347cb16c42b0f8bf9a324bec8

Nurey no worry if dem come back, nack them another line

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5348920_324679051535jpegd47a99755e58f33735eaf8e7c9fb3b96_jpeg2f1f4cf54f34add23cf289761245aeef

if push comes to shove i hope i can rely on you grin
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

I think the challenger SRT demon can go toe to toe with that tesla. So the next drag race i wanna see is the tesla, challenger srt demon, Hennessy venom GT and Bugatti chiron

now that's competition wink

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by king406(m): 10:29pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

Nissan GTR has been known to be king of drag race, even buggatti would respect the Skyline/GTR, its a known fact, No AMG or benz comes close to drag racing they arent always the top contenders let AMG maintain its pimping mode and leave racing to the real BOSS. Also you talk of corner, that should be drifting, baba dont let mazda hear you grin
Nissan gtr is known as 0-60mph king and maybe a quarter mile king. Even in this race that u posted, if the race had been even half a mile, the Nissan would be no where to be found, even the mustang will beat it's ass. And I wish you didn't just say skyline is faster than bugatti on the drag. I hope u know 95% of skylines are not stock, they are tuned. A stock skyline barely makes 300hp. Oga know your cars abeg, oh wait grin your almera is too slow

5 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:30pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

if push comes to shove i hope i can rely on you grin

I no sabi dance like python o! grin you are on your own tongue

1 Like

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2017
king406:
Nissan gtr is known as 0-60mph king and maybe a quarter mile king. Even in this race that u posted, if the race had been even half a mile, the Nissan would be no where to be found, even the mustang will beat it's ass. And I wish you didn't just say skyline is faster than bugatti on the drag. I hope u know 95% of skylines are not stock, they are tuned. A stock skyline barely makes 300hp. Oga know your cars abeg, oh wait grin your almera is too slow

2 Likes

Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by nurey(m): 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2017
king406:

ok nah, real time racing is different from all these chest beating the Nissan has been tested and trusted, the skyline upgraded to the GTR and has never dissapointed am not saying the GTR is the best thing ever but no benz + AMG + maybach all join together has made the GTR useless. first 6 fastest drag race ride will always have the 2013 NISMO GTR in the list this is a 2.3secs 0-62mph ride and you are still talking about C63 S undecided what is the C63 S 2017 time 3.8secs chai AMG ti gba penalty wor throwing grin
Re: World's Greatest Drag Race 7 by Denn(m): 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

Will you drag race a RR who does that undecided, i am talking of luxury comparism

The Maybach comes in...

The RR is a BMW 7 series under that facade of luxury

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Verify Your Driver's Licence Online / Chronicles Of My 5 Day Trip From Benin To Abuja With An 03 EOD / Where Can I Service Mazda Cars In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.