Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

How Should I Tackle IPOB Related Questions In An Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Should I Tackle IPOB Related Questions In An Interview? (708 Views)

How Can I Tackle This Job Interview Question? / Check Out What A Guy Wore To An Interview / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should I Tackle IPOB Related Questions In An Interview? by homesteady(m): 8:50am On Sep 27, 2017
I've been invited for an interview for an opportunity I applied for, it's not a job interview, so it would be more of an intellectual exchange.

I'm 100% certain that the IPOB vs Nigeria issue would come up because it was part of my proposal. Although when I submitted my entry, there was really no tension compared to the current tension in the country. Basically, I would be walking on eggshells during the interview.

I'm still trying to put together what my response would be, so I'd really appreciate some advice and some inputs from people here.
Important points to consider - Operation python dance, attacking of military men by IPOB, retaliation of the military, proscription of IPOB as a terrorist group e.t.c.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: How Should I Tackle IPOB Related Questions In An Interview? by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 27, 2017
We do not have an idea of the content of your proposal thus it will be hard giving advices.
Re: How Should I Tackle IPOB Related Questions In An Interview? by homesteady(m): 10:35am On Sep 27, 2017
majekdom2:
We do not have an idea of the content of your proposal thus it will be hard giving advices.

The main topic was about security challenges in Nigeria, so I made mention of secessionist groups like IPOB as part of the security problems. I gave a solution that traditional rulers and their leaders should continually speak against secession because they have influence over their subjects.
I think I wrote it when Kanu was still in jail, so the matter had not really escalated as it has now.
Re: How Should I Tackle IPOB Related Questions In An Interview? by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2017
homesteady:

The main topic was about security challenges in Nigeria, so I made mention of secessionist groups like IPOB as part of the security problems. I gave a solution that traditional rulers and their leaders should continually speak against secession because they have influence over their subjects.
I think I wrote it when Kanu was still in jail, so the matter had not really escalated as it has now.
IPOB was never a threat to security until they started with the biafra military and stuffs in my opinion tho. Before and whilst Nnamdi was in jail, there was never a time we hard IPOB members are going about killing or looting shops. Tho, misunderstanding and uncontrolled agitation may give security concerns. I think you should focus your answers on the latter. Everyone has got freedom and rights. Secession done in the right way and process i.e referendum is not against the law. Saying their leaders should do things against secession means you are taking sides and perhaps allowing your sentiments come to play. IPOB were exercising their civil rights before they started the Biafra police and military bull shit. Which buttresses my point of it becoming a security situation if not controlled.
Re: How Should I Tackle IPOB Related Questions In An Interview? by homesteady(m): 11:53am On Sep 27, 2017
majekdom2:
IPOB was never a threat to security until they started with the biafra military and stuffs in my opinion tho. Before and whilst Nnamdi was in jail, there was never a time we hard IPOB members are going about killing or looting shops. Tho, misunderstanding and uncontrolled agitation may give security concerns. I think you should focus your answers on the latter. Everyone has got freedom and rights. Secession done in the right way and process i.e referendum is not against the law. Saying their leaders should do things against secession means you are taking sides and perhaps allowing your sentiments come to play. IPOB were exercising their civil rights before they started the Biafra police and military bull shit. Which buttresses my point of it becoming a security situation if not controlled.

Okk... That's the reason I brought it here for discussion, because I have my own opinion on the matter and I don't want my sentiment to ruin my chances.

What about if I was asked about Operation Python dance?
Re: How Should I Tackle IPOB Related Questions In An Interview? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2017
homesteady:

Okk... That's the reason I brought it here for discussion, because I have my own opinion on the matter and I don't want my sentiment to ruin my chances.

What about if I was asked about Operation Python dance?
python dance came into the picture when there agitation could be controlled i.e it became a security threat to the people. There is definitely nothing wrong with the military interference

(1) (Reply)

Strictly For Teachers(vacancies) / Looking For Article Writers! / Apply For BA Distribution Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.