Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State (8851 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Have The Right To Agitate For Biafran Nation – Orji Uzor Kalu / Niger Delta Should Agitate For A Funtional Seaport / President Jonathan Campaigns In Kwara (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by sjeezy8: 4:20pm On Mar 05, 2010
Every region should have equal states meaning if anyone should get a state it should be the south east. Word!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by tubabie(f): 5:09pm On Mar 05, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

So you actually think REMO should have a state?

No. What I did was to relate your wayward arguments to the real subject being discussed, which were the Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi states!
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by Akanbiedu(m): 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2010
tubabie:

No. What I did was to relate your wayward arguments to the real subject being discussed, which were the Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi states!

grin
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by AndreUweh(m): 7:32pm On Mar 05, 2010
The non-Yorubas communities in Kwara should be relocated to Niger state. The Yoruba communities in Kogi should be placed Kwara state.
With this arrangement, Kwara state will become a full-fledged Yoruba state.
No need for a state creation in that region, but just boundary adjustments.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 05, 2010
These must be the stupid breed of Yorubas. If they leave Kwara they'll lose Ilorin to impostors cause Ilorin will remain capital of Kwara. Why not push for others to have their own states so you can lord your own lands. Clueless fools

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by Jarus(m): 9:10pm On Mar 05, 2010
9jaganja:

These must be the silly breed of Yorubas. If they leave Kwara they'll lose Ilorin to impostors cause Ilorin will remain capital of Kwara. Why not push for others to have their own states so you can lord your own lands. Clueless fools
Silly? angry
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2010
Jarus:

I don't have any problem with we Yoruba speaking northerners(Kwara and Kogi) coming together to form a state and come and joined to our brothers in the South West, but I have a number of issues to raise.

1, The first division will come from the name of the state. Oya is the Yoruba name for river Niger(I think). The Okun people of Kogi(Kabba and co) have been clamouring for Okun statefor long. The Offa people have been clamouring from Ibolo state for some time. We have three names here now, and I don't know how they will agree.

2, Another fierce division will come from the state capital. Offa and Kabba are two candidates for that but the latter have greater advantage being a province pre-independent. But I know my Offa people, they will rather prefer to remain under Ilorin than serving one Kabba again. Another wahala.

3, Another problem I foresee is the struggle for dominance. The Okun people of Kogi, Ibolo and Igbomina people of Kwara have strong history of rivalry right from their days as Kwara south before the creation of Kogi. I especially know my Offa people with their agidi. I'm afraid they may be strange fellows.

4, More serious agitations like Ibadan and Oke-Ogun states have not seen teh light of the day. It may take not a few decades before it gets to our turn.

5, As somebody stated earlier, instead of state creation, boundary adjustment may solve the problem.

If asked to say honestly my mind, I will say we are still day dreaming!

this says it all. forget about self determination and all that , creation of oya state will lead the ijaw itsekiri/ife modakeke type beef

in the end, i just see it as some malcontents looking for relvnce - be the king of a hamlet rather than the subjct of a kingdom
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by Jarus(m): 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2010
oyb:

this says it all. forget about self determination and all that , creation of oya state will lead the ijaw itsekiri/ife modakeke type beef

in the end, i just see it as some malcontents looking for relvnce - be the king of a hamlet rather than the subjct of a kingdom
abii o. .
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by dayokanu(m): 10:43pm On Mar 05, 2010
I would support a state or boundary adjustment that gives the Yoruba ppl of Kwara and Kogi a separate identity.

Not having a distinct identity has hampered the growth of the area. When it comes to Politics the Notherners would call them North, when it comes to development and allocation sharing they would be called Yorubas.

Carve out the Yoruba speaking part of Kwara and Kogi state and make them one state under the SW,

Tubabie and Jarus are my sister and brother respectively I dont want them to be grouped at Northerners.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by biina: 11:32pm On Mar 05, 2010
I think the 36 states in 6 regions gives us balance for now, and any new state creations will cause another round of upheavals. We have enough unviable states.
Boundary adjustments can be used to accommodate wishes to be in a state with similar ethnic groups, or ensuring that minority ethnic groups are not split between states against their wish.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by tubabie(f): 1:07am On Mar 06, 2010
dayokanu:

Tubabie and Jarus are my sister and brother respectively I dont want them to be grouped as Northerners.

wink grin

biina:

Boundary adjustments can be used to accommodate wishes to be in a state with similar ethnic groups, or ensuring that minority ethnic groups are not split between states against their wish.
This makes sense.
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by AloyEmeka5: 4:53am On Mar 06, 2010
I demand for Agaba state.
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by ezeagu(m): 4:55am On Mar 06, 2010
Give them the state, in short give them the nation they want, which is really what their massacring that trusty old Nigerian bush for.
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by Nobody: 4:57am On Mar 06, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

I demand for Agaba state.
Dont worry, you'll get it. Seun will make sure to make your own online Agbaya state for you
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by Nobody: 5:44am On Mar 06, 2010
dayokanu:

I would support a state or boundary adjustment that gives the Yoruba ppl of Kwara and Kogi a separate identity.

Not having a distinct identity has hampered the growth of the area. When it comes to Politics the Notherners would call them North, when it comes to development and allocation sharing they would be called Yorubas.

Carve out the Yoruba speaking part of Kwara and Kogi state and make them one state under the SW,

Tubabie and Jarus are my sister and

brother respectively I dont want them to be grouped at Northerners.

yes absolutely

while we're at it, we can also create another state for the igala, then one for the ebira, then one for the nupe, then one for the tapa (i forget how they call them)

by the time we're done carving and recarving , nigeria will be 300 states , some of which will be barely 10 kilometres wide

considering the fact that all the governors f kwara have been yoruba, i cannot undestand how not having a distinct identity has hampered the growth of kwara state.

outside of lagos, which is a melting po of several tribes, there is no particularly viable yoruba state - so having a distinct identity confers absolutely no advantages -

the distinct idenity of oyo has not stopped some people from clamoring for 'ibadan state'

what the hell - oya - lets start the movement for festac state . we demand autonomy from the tyranny of core lagosians cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by dayokanu(m): 8:27pm On Mar 07, 2010
while we're at it, we can also create another state for the igala, then one for the ebira, then one for the nupe, then one for the tapa (i forget how they call them)

If those groups have the population to fit a state and make it viable then so be it.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by Beaf: 8:30pm On Mar 07, 2010
--off topic---
Merge all sharia states.
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 07, 2010
Beaf:

--off topic---
Merge all sharia states.

Yeah - and merge all 'christian' and traditional religion states while you're at it
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by bawomolo(m): 9:25pm On Mar 07, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

How many of you in Kogi that should warrant the creation of a new State?. Why not agitate instead to be annexed to Ekiti state?

that one na death wish grin
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by deebsman1(m): 10:55pm On Mar 07, 2010
I think all this issue started with the stupid Ilorin peoples, cos of the fact that the minority elites among them are of the Hausa-Fulani origin and majority of the rest are stack illiterates, they know nothing than to queue in front of Saraki's house waiting for the next round of Eba without Ponmo. And because of thier selfish agenda, using their demographic power to cause confusion. How i wish my community have at least a population that can march thiers. Ibrahim "KOLAPO" Gambari, Emir of Ilorin. "OLUSHOLA" Saraki- Waziri. "BUKOLA" Saraki- Turaki. "BABATUNDE IDIAGBON". Mohammed "ALABI" Lawal. Kareem "ADISA". GBEMISOLA Saraki And so on. Please, why would any right thinking human being call all those names mentioned an Hausa name like bala, mai goro etc, if not for useless reasons. Their was this story of Olusola Saraki some times ago in Kano trying to boast in front of the Hausa peoples at a meeting, trying to make decisions only left for the real Hausa's, and only for the Hausas to stop him by telling him that, is Olusola an Hausa name or Babatunde an Hausa name, funny isn't it? At least they have partially succeeded with thier plan, 99% of the state establishments are all located in Ilorin, leaving all other part of the state to be one of the most rural region in the country. So creating a new state for the Yorubas in the state, for me, is far from reality. But all i know is one day, the other majority groups in the state would realise they need to stand together as one entity and fight the oppresors. Long live Kwara State.
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by deebsman1(m): 10:56pm On Mar 07, 2010
I think all this issue started with the stupid Ilorin peoples, cos of the fact that the minority elites among them are of the Hausa-Fulani origin and majority of the rest are stack illiterates, they know nothing than to queue in front of Saraki's house waiting for the next round of Eba without Ponmo. And because of thier selfish agenda, using their demographic power to cause confusion. How i wish my community have at least a population that can march thiers. Ibrahim "KOLAPO" Gambari, Emir of Ilorin. "OLUSHOLA" Saraki- Waziri. "BUKOLA" Saraki- Turaki. "BABATUNDE IDIAGBON". Mohammed "ALABI" Lawal. Kareem "ADISA". GBEMISOLA Saraki And so on. Please, why would any right thinking human being call all those names mentioned an Hausa name like bala, mai goro etc, if not for useless reasons. Their was this story of Olusola Saraki some times ago in Kano trying to boast in front of the Hausa peoples at a meeting, trying to make decisions only left for the real Hausa's, and only for the Hausas to stop him by telling him that, is Olusola an Hausa name or Babatunde an Hausa name, funny isn't it? At least they have partially succeeded with thier plan, 99% of the state establishments are all located in Ilorin, leaving all other part of the state to be one of the most rural region in the country. So creating a new state for the Yorubas in the state, for me, is far from reality. But all i know is one day, the other majority groups in the state would realise they need to stand together as one entity and fight the oppresors. Long live Kwara State.
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by Shoot2Kill: 11:11pm On Mar 07, 2010
Retarded people constitute 70% of the Nigerian populace.

South Africa which is bigger than Nigeria in terms of Land Mass has only 9 states and they are well developed with infrastructure that is better than that of the USA and UK combined.

So shouldn't we ask our selves if we are normal at all?  undecided

We have not generated enough electricity to power our nation but we are running around like the baboons that we are clamouring for state creation. Long throat na im go kill all of us.

The other day it was ISOKO state now it is OYa state ,maybe lagosians too will request for badagry state or Ajegunle state.

Darwin who said that Black people have smaller brains than whites is spot on. For all the education and fancy degrees we Nigerian boast about, we are pretty dumb   cry Imagine an architect making these statements

I can't believe i belong to a country of retards whose only ambition in life is to be silly and pursue silly ideas. 

Chai ,GOD why me? Why can't i be from Kenya, Botswana or Ghana, why does it have to be Nigeria? Why me

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2010
So d only thing dis pple re thinkin is creating more state(problem).Oya state ko ayo state ni.bloody nicompoos
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by AloyEmeka5: 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2010
oyb:

yes absolutely

by the time we're done carving and recarving , nigeria will be 300 states , some of which will be barely 10 kilometres wide

considering the fact that all the governors f kwara have been yoruba, i cannot undestand how not having a distinct identity has hampered  the growth of kwara state.

outside of lagos, which is a melting po of several tribes, there is no particularly viable yoruba state - so having a distinct identity confers absolutely no advantages -

the distinct idenity of oyo has not stopped some people from clamoring for 'ibadan state'

what the hell - oya - lets start the movement for festac state . we demand autonomy from the tyranny of core lagosians  cheesy

Best response so far.
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by AloyEmeka5: 11:38pm On Mar 07, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Retarded people constitute 70% of the Nigerian populace.

South Africa which is bigger than Nigeria in terms of Land Mass has only 9 states and they are well developed with infrastructure that is better than that of the USA and UK combined.

So shouldn't we ask our selves if we are normal at all?  undecided

We have not generated enough electricity to power our nation but we are running around like the baboons that we are clamouring for state creation. Long throat na im go kill all of us.

The other day it was ISOKO state now it is OYa state ,maybe lagosians too will request for badagry state or Ajegunle state.

Darwin who said that Black people have smaller brains than whites is spot on. For all the education and fancy degrees we Nigerian boast about, we are pretty dumb   cry  Imagine an architect making these statements

I can't believe i belong to a country of retards whose only ambition in life is to be silly and pursue silly ideas. 

Chai ,GOD why me? Why can't i be from Kenya, Botswana or Ghana, why does it have to be Nigeria? Why me

LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by omoasero(m): 11:42pm On Mar 07, 2010
THIS WILL REALLY HELP IN THE STATE OF THE ECONOMY OF NIGERIA. BUT THE STATE OF HEALTH OF NIGERIA NOW IS VERY CRITICAL 'COS SHE IS USING BREATHING AID , SHE GOT THIS FROM HER CARELESSNESS . SHE PUT ON HER BLUETOOTH WHEN HER FORST CITIZEN IS COMING INTO THE COUNTRY FROM THE ANONIMOUS HOSPITAL,   BUT SINCERELY ITS THE BEST THAT CAN HAPPEN TO THE YORUBA COMMUNITY THIS DAYS [color=#000099][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by tpiah: 2:05am On Mar 08, 2010
So shouldn't we ask our selves if we are normal at all?

is this a trick question? Of course we're not.

anyway, I'm all for the creation of as many states as possible because that will increase my chances of being a governor or senator, should my village team up with a few other villages and become a state.
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by mex004(m): 3:54am On Mar 08, 2010
okuns
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by omuaran: 3:57am On Mar 08, 2010
Quote from: yemmight on March 05, 2010, 03:40 PM
Dont claim you know everything. I know what I am saying. Let them put us where we belong. Have you ever seen any aboki or ibo in south-west states? We belong to that region.
But they have Ijaw is South West(hope am right) and Ibo in South South.

Dead right.
And remember, the historic "Mid-west State" which was carved out of the historic Western Region had Ibo people too. Out of this Mid_west State came Delta State, which includes these Ibo, and which is counted as a South-South state.

Also, Ondo State, a South-West state, has Ijaw people.

Really what Nigeria needs is a total restructuring to correct colonial boundaries and reduction of the number of so-called states by moving people of the same ethnic group into the same state when their territory is contiguous.
Size would not matter, if we follow the USA model for state rights and relationships.
Re: Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State by CyberG: 4:44am On Mar 08, 2010
I demand for a STATE for EVERY human being in Nigeria! Goats, cows, chickens will get theirs later! grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Boko-Haram Members Arrested In Makurdi / Too Many ‘Godfathers’ Strangling APC And PDP - Daily Trust / We Recover Data From Faulty And Formatted Data Storage Devices Here In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.