Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi (24575 Views)

Asaba Traditionalists Curse Those Sending Money From Abroad To Fuel Cult War / Traditionalists Lay Curses On People Insulting Oba Of Benin On Social Media(pics / How The Improved Oyo Security Saved The Day At The Olubadan Palace Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by bim10: 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
Want Your Website To Be Safe As A Bank Vault In A Military Barracks? Get Web Maintenance NOW!
Many business owners believe that by establishing a business website,they are done. But having a business website is only the beginning. One of the biggest mistakes business owners make is to believe that once their website is up and running, it can take care of itself. Regardless of how technically advanced your new or existing business website is it needs to be updated and maintained on a regular basis. And this is why your business needs a website maintenance plan.

Look at it this way. When you buy a new car you plan on keeping it well maintained with regular oil changes, tire rotation, etc. A business website is very similar and also needs to have regular maintenance. By not having a website maintenance plan your business website will deteriorate and become less useful over time. If you have outdated content, broken links or links that redirect to unrelated pages, your customers will get frustrated and go to your competitors’ better maintained website.

Why maintain a website?

Constantly check bugs, errors, missing links etc
update latest data to make the site and business grow effectively
Help troubleshooting time
Periodical review of traffic statistics and hits to the website
Help improve search engines and page ranking

PLUS MUCH MORE!
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by maykam(m): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2017
paradigmshift:
oduduwa fly down and see your people lmao.

Simi, is this you?
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by greatcrown: 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
Solidarity visit to the governor at the expense of the Olubadan!

Let the governor accept his mistake and revert to status quo.

The problem is Nigeria is politicians wanting to control everything. They often carry the mentality of Imperial ruler!

Let everyone knows his or her limit and stay within limit. Let the law takes its course to correct erring officer and not all this solidarity visit that will result in wasting the money that is already in short supply!

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2017
I dont think APC can win in oyo state in the foreseeable future. Oyo state people are not that patient.

Since 1999, oyo is the only state in nigeria dt changes parties every 4 years. Ajimobi was just lucky to get a 2nd term - and he messed it up.
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by madjune(m): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2017
Afonja and street fighting is like breathing exercise.

They fight and make up and show their fake teeth and then fight again.

No peace for the wicked.
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by Venymen(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
PearlStreet:

Shibuke, shut up your mouth.

Isreali yesterday, Jew today, Judas tomorrow, Nigerian when it is time to share money.

The fact that you have no idea of your history or culture does not mean others suffer the same generational punishment as you.
occult men ritualist sodomites ,evil men,evil people evil tribe
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by omoelerin1: 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2017
whodeyhere:
Thanks to the elders seeking for peace before things degenerates in the land, Ibadan has always been a peaceful state. This is what is expected of elders, to speak up when things are not going on fine. Agbalaba ti ko keun soro, yo ketan sare.

When did Ibadan become a state?
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by arowstev2000: 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2017
Henrybet55:
End your day with lots of winning kindly view the image for today's avaliable odds u are free to call or whatsapp me on the number showing below note this offer is not free

U DAY MAD RECHECK UR TICKET FOR NAPOLI AND STOP PASTING RUBBISH HERE.
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by omoelerin1: 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
MrPresident1:
If you have not read of the exploits of these great men Ibikunle, Latoosa, Opeagbe and Ogunmola and others in the book ''History of the Yorubas'' by Reverend Samuel Johnson

You are not yet a full Yoruba grin
What exploits? I pity their descendants. Unfortunately most of them do not know what generational curse means. These people just have to draw nearer unto God. Their forefathers have committed a lot of terrible deeds. Although, they were pagans in the 17/18 centuries who did not have the privilege of knowing the living God, notwithstanding, God may visit their iniquities upon their generations. For example, Iba Oluyole used to kill human beings as sacrifice for his cola-nut plantation in order to bring out high yield. He used one of his wives for that purpose because they had little misunderstanding. When Are Latoosa was being buried, a little baby was immolated, his blood was sprinkled on his corpse with many other ritual. Bashorun Ogunmolas' life was full of blood of innocents. Too numerous to be saying. One will be shocked reading their lives history with the pathetic incidences that were identified with them. God will not overlook all these. Unfortunately most of their descendants today do not know Christ.
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by dataking: 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
omoelerin1:
What exploits? I pity their descendants. Unfortunately most of them do not know what generational curse means. These people just have to draw nearer unto God. Their forefathers have committed a lot of terrible deeds. Although, they were pagans in the 17/18 centuries who did not have the privilege of knowing the living God, notwithstanding, God may visit their iniquities upon their generations. For example, Iba Oluyole used to kill human beings as sacrifice for his cola-nut plantation in order to bring out high yield. He used one of his wives for that purpose because they had little misunderstanding. When Are Latoosa was being buried, a little baby was immolated, his blood was sprinkled on his corpse with many other ritual. Bashorun Ogunmolas' life was full of blood of innocents. Too numerous to be saying. One will be shocked reading their lives history with the pathetic incidences that were identified with them. God will not overlook all these. Unfortunately most of their descendants today do not know Christ.

In as much as you may be 90% correct. The Christian missionaries/slave merchants did worse.
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by omoelerin1: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
dataking:

In as much as you may be 90% correct. The Christian missionaries/slave merchants did worse.
missionaries were different from slave merchants. Europeans came to Africa in four different groups and phases: explorers, merchants, missionaries and the last group- political colonialists. Although it was similar periods/centuries, yet they came for different purposes.
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by dataking: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2017
omoelerin1:
missionaries were different from slave merchants. Europeans came to Africa in four different groups and phases: explorers, merchants, missionaries and the last group- political colonialists. Although it was similar periods/centuries, yet they came for different purposes.

Missionaries were the frontmen. Bible in one hand. Chains in the other.
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by omoelerin1: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2017
dataking:

Missionaries were the frontmen. Bible in one hand. Chains in the other.
That is your own opinion. perhaps, you elaborate it.
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by MrPresident1: 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
omoelerin1:

Wow, wow, wow!!!

I like hearing these kind of stories, thank you so much for this treasure trove of information, you should write and share more grin

The point I will like to make is that there is such a thing as reincarnation, and what every man sows he will surely reap right here on this earth, because this earth is the place of judgment. All the atrocities that these men committed in their past lives, they have, or will surely reincarnate to pay for them.

Since they were violent men, and since they shed the blood of men, they surely will be killed or have been killed by the sword of men to pay for their sins and also balance their karmic debt. No sin goes unrequited.

These men were raised up for the tough and brutal times that they found themselves, Ibadan was raised up to defend the Yoruba race when the going went truly tough.

Oyo had been sacked, the Fulanis were rampaging and conquering, and the Kiriji war had to be fought to forcefully unite the tribes...

They were brutal men raised for the times that they found themselves.

They were the warlords that saved the Yoruba people from slavery.
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by dataking: 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
omoelerin1:
That is your own opinion. perhaps, you elaborate it.

Then you don’t know your history. Same thing they did in America, Canada, Australia to the natives who inhabited the land when they arrived.
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by omoelerin1: 6:25pm On Sep 27, 2017
MrPresident1:

Wow, wow, wow!!!

I like hearing these kind of stories, thank you so much for this treasure trove of information, you should write and share more grin

The point I will like to make is that there is such a thing as reincarnation, and what every man sows he will surely reap right here on this earth, because this earth is the place of judgment. All the atrocities that these men committed in their past lives, they have, or will surely reincarnate to pay for them.

Since they were violent men, and since they shed the blood of men, they surely will be killed or have been killed by the sword of men to pay for their sins and also balance their karmic debt. No sin goes unrequited.

These men were raised up for the tough and brutal times that they found themselves, Ibadan was raised up to defend the Yoruba race when the going went truly tough.

Oyo had been sacked, the Fulanis were rampaging and conquering, and the Kiriji war had to be fought to forcefully unite the tribes...

They were brutal men raised for the times that they found themselves.

They were the warlords that saved the Yoruba people from slavery.
With your comment, I am more enlightened. When I pondered over it I think condemned or blamed them totally. The period and the society in which they lived was quite different from the contemporary period. God may even forgive them.If you and I lived during that period, we might even committed more atrocities than their own. In the next 100 years I believe our grand children will ask a lot of questions concerning bad incidences that re happening in our contemporary time, because many things that are happening now will not make any meaning to common sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by MrPresident1: 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2017
omoelerin1:
With your comment, I am more enlightened. When I pondered over it I think condemned or blamed them totally. The period and the society in which they lived was quite different from the contemporary period. God may even forgive them.If you and I lived during that period, we might even committed more atrocities than their own. In the next 100 years I believe our grand children will ask a lot of questions concerning bad incidences that re happening in our contemporary time, because many things that are happening now will not make any meaning to common sense.

Please can you suggest books that we can read about the exploits of these men?
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by omoelerin1: 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
MrPresident1:

Please can you suggest books that we can read about these men?
There are lot of books about history of yoruba by many writers. I think 'History of Yoruba' by Samuel Johnson is one of the authentic because the writer was an eyewitness of some of the incidences. there others like 'Yoruba warfare of 18 century', 'The rise and fall of Yoruba', 'Ibadan mesiogo: Kiniun Ile Yoruba'. Just take time to study Samuel Johnson from cover to cover that one is enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by BigMoneyeye: 9:17am On Mar 12, 2023
Vandieee:
Constituted Authority cheesy
goood morning sir
Re: Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi by BigMoneyeye: 10:14am On Nov 16, 2023
Vandieee:
Constituted Authority cheesy
how's the week been

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igwe Alfred Achebe Welcomes British High Commissioner To Nigeria To His Palace / Eje Of Ankpa Kidnapped At Mosque In Kogi State / Nigeria Is Blessed With Culture.. Some Beautiful Traditional Marriage Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.