Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,124 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

The Most Annoying Behaviors Of Nairalanders And How To Curb Them? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Most Annoying Behaviors Of Nairalanders And How To Curb Them? (523 Views)

My Husband Is So Annoying. I'm Depress. / What's That Most Annoying Thing A Visitor Has Ever Done In Your House? / What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Annoying Behaviors Of Nairalanders And How To Curb Them? by 10mobile: 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nairaland has become a family of sorts. Here we make friends, help one another through difficulties, transact businesses, fight and make up and we do more and more. The good sides are all over the place. So we don't need to ask about them. The negatives are few and so, difficult to see. So, let's talk about them to improve our experiences with one another.

What behaviors (especially predominant ones) do you find particularly annoying on Nairaland? And what do you offer as a way to curb those annoying behaviors?

let me begin with myself. There are three major behaviors I find most annoying here, and they are quite predominant:

1. Too many Nairalanders are given to parochialism. We too easily quarrel with one another based on the regions, parties, religions we come from or do not come from. How to curb it: Let's see ourselves as a family and as change agents, not just for Nigeria but for the world.
2. Like number (1), too many Nairalanders are given to insults rather than reasoning. We often throw away people's views with insults even without offering our own views. How to curb: Take time to consider someone's view (even if you don't like it) before you respond. You might learn one or two things every day by so doing.
3. Many Nairalanders are notorious for quoting every statement someone made in order to respond to it. Sometimes, you notice someone quoting a whole post that is up to 10 paragraphs. How to curb: Respond by clicking on 'reply'. Click on 'quote' only when it is necessary to quote a statement in whole or part.

Please, people, give us your own. I'll be back.
Re: The Most Annoying Behaviors Of Nairalanders And How To Curb Them? by Desyner: 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
True talk. Mods should hide posts more . . .
Re: The Most Annoying Behaviors Of Nairalanders And How To Curb Them? by sammyije(m): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
Irrelevant Posts Should Not Be Move The FP
Re: The Most Annoying Behaviors Of Nairalanders And How To Curb Them? by dfrost: 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
Main reasons for this:
1. Membership but filtered.
2. Faceless forum.

So someone can insult his parents uncles, aunt without knowing. Lots of kids on the forum.

Best advice: ignore unworthy posts and mentions.
Re: The Most Annoying Behaviors Of Nairalanders And How To Curb Them? by Oyindidi(f): 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
Mtcheeew

(1) (Reply)

Vin Diesel Named 2017’s Biggest Box Office Draw / How Father Of Osun First Baby Of The Year Died Few Hours After Being Honoured / Postpill For Mama Bomboy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.