Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? (887 Views)

To Marry A Virgin, Written For Regina Daniels / Achebe's 'things Fall Apart' Makes 12 'greatest Books Ever Written' List / The Other Side Written By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by Godmother(f): 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hey guys, I feel we should share information here. There are too many scam websites out there and it's no fun spending a lot of time researching and writing articles only to have them rejected, or worse, taken for free.

So I feel we should come together to share a list of genuine Nigeria websites one can write for.

HiddenManna
JUBSAM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by RapportNaija(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2017
I would advise you source for international clients...

Because when you even see truthful sites in Nigeria, they underpay.
Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by Godmother(f): 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
RapportNaija:
I would advise you source for international clients...

Because when you even see truthful sites in Nigeria, they underpay.

I was a frequent writer on freelancer.com, but for some reasons I want to put a hold on writing for it for now. And yes you are correct; the few Nigeria sites I know really underpay. I'm just hoping there will be that one conscientious Nigerian site that won't.

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by HiddenManna(m): 12:14am On Sep 28, 2017
Godmother:
Hey guys, I feel we should share information here. There are too many scam websites out there and it's no fun spending a lot of time researching and writing articles only to have them rejected, or worse, taken for free.

So I feel we should come together to share a list of genuine Nigeria websites one can write for.

HiddenManna
JUBSAM

Hmmm. . . Godmother, sites/blogs are not the only platforms one can write for and get paid or not even paid for the work, but there are physical and digital magazines(especially international magazines) and other sources that pertains to writing that one can actually write and get paid for.

That's why I'll refer you to this website: writersincharge.com, and there, you'll find a lot of sites and magazines you'll like to write for, based on various niches. Is it travelling, sport, faith-based or just name it!

The owner of that blog is an inspiration to writers.

Maybe you can check that out.
Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by Godmother(f): 7:17am On Sep 28, 2017
HiddenManna:

Hmmm. . . Godmother, sites/blogs are not the only platforms one can write for and get paid or not even paid for the work, but there are physical and digital magazines(especially international magazines) and other sources that pertains to writing that one can actually write and get paid for.

That's why I'll refer you to this website: writersincharge.com, and there, you'll find a lot of sites and magazines you'll like to write for, based on various niches. Is it travelling, sport, faith-based or just name it!

The owner of that blog is an inspiration to writers.

Maybe you can check that out.

Yea, I know about writersincharge, run by Bamidele (I think). Somehow, I find the guy's posts hard to believe which is why I stopped visiting the site. Dunno, was hoping to get Nigerian sites.

The only one I know of is infoguidenigeria and the pay is terrible; N500 for 1000 words. However, as far as I know, the site is genuine and the pay comes when due.
Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by HiddenManna(m): 7:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
Godmother:

Yea, I know about writersincharge, run by Bamidele (I think). Somehow, I find the guy's posts hard to believe which is why I stopped visiting the site. Dunno, was hoping to get Nigerian sites.

The only one I know of is infoguidenigeria and the pay is terrible; N500 for 1000 words. However, as far as I know, the site is genuine and the pay comes when due.
Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by HiddenManna(m): 7:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
Godmother:

I also know of infoguide site and the cost of payment. It's somewhat not appealing and so I couldn't write for them.

I was thinking of writing for Linda Ikeji, Bella Naija and the likes, but I'm not prepared for that now.

Why don't you give it a try?
Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by Godmother(f): 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2017
HiddenManna:

I also know of infoguide site and the cost of payment. It's somewhat not appealing and so I couldn't write for them.

I was thinking of writing for Linda Ikeji, Bella Naija and the likes, but I'm not prepared for that now.

Why don't you give it a try?

I didn't know you could write for those sites? What's the payment like- do you have any idea?

1 Like

Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by Ugoeze2016: 1:44am On Sep 29, 2017
Please try http://zokija.com/guest-bloggers-wanted/ they are currently looking for bloggers and their pay is better.

Godmother:

Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by czarina(f): 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2017
Godmother:

I didn't know you could write for those sites? What's the payment like- do you have any idea?
iWriter, have you tried it? The beauty of it is you don't have to bid for jobs with 'star-studded' writers... You work your way to the top
Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by Godmother(f): 10:21pm On Sep 29, 2017
czarina:
iWriter, have you tried it? The beauty of it is you don't have to bid for jobs with 'star-studded' writers... You work your way to the top

Thanks for this. How's the user interface like- is it similar to Zemandi's I like the fact that I don't have to upload my typed article but can just copy and paste it.

Anyways, I'll check it out.
Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by Godmother(f): 10:21pm On Sep 29, 2017
Ugoeze2016:
Please try http://zokija.com/guest-bloggers-wanted/ they are currently looking for bloggers and their pay is better.

I"l check this out. Thanks a lot for this.
Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by Ugoeze2016: 10:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
Any time

Godmother:

I"l check this out. Thanks a lot for this.
Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by czarina(f): 2:31am On Sep 30, 2017
Godmother:

Thanks for this. How's the user interface like- is it similar to Zemandi's I like the fact that I don't have to upload my typed article but can just copy and paste it.

Anyways, I'll check it out.
you can do same with iWriter
Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by Godmother(f): 6:38am On Sep 30, 2017
czarina:
you can do same with iWriter

That's great then. Thanks for this, Czarina. Will check it out.
Re: What Nigeria Site Have You Written For And Gotten Paid? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2017
Godmother:

I don't really know that much of Linda Ikeji. But Linda Ikeji is always looking for whom to employ for her blog[as she also has expanded in the media aspect-- from the blogosphere* to telesphere* ].

However, when employing, she requires outstanding qualifications. I'm sure the same applies to Linda Ikeji.
Bella Naija does not only need writers, if you can check her blog out well, you'll also find other vacancies.

smiley

(1) (Reply)

Solito The Cultist / Writers Here. How Do You Write Without Losing Motivation? / My S*xcapedes In The North (episode 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.