Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja (2176 Views)

Dino Melaye Shows Off His Football Skills On The Field For Dogara @ 50 / Okowa Mourns Death Of DIG Donald Ugbaja / Show World Leaders Good Example By Being Fair To All – Atiku Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by hornyofife: 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
THE FIELD NEGRO AND THE HOUSE NEGRO; THE IGBO EXAMPLE.

By Chukwubudike Ugbaja.

In the USA, in the days of physical slavery there were two kinds of negro slaves: the field negro and the house negro,also referred to as "field niggas" and "house niggas".

While the field niggas worked the plantation, the house niggas served the master and his family, in the house. Their position gave them access to crumbs from the "massa"'s table, and some semblance of warmth from his fire place.

It was a privileged position to be a HouseNigga, and so they grew to detest the idea of freedom,for so long as they were the ones who were pleasured with the nice aroma from the massa's ( master ) kitchen, what other kind of freedom are those fellas in the field talking about?

"It is their stupid talk about freedom, and running off all the time that makes massa think all we niggas are bad,and we might so lose this privilege of eating warm food and warming massa's bed if these field niggas don't stop singing those nasty freedom hymes."

So the House Niggas grew to hate and betray their kins in the field. And to prove total loyalty and impress their masters they decided to #SelfHate , and siezed every opportunity to inform their owner "how bad we niggas can be".

As a matter of fact these slaves once upon a time fought against their own liberation. Yes, there were some black slaves who fought on the side of the Confederate Army in the American civil war to prevent their own freedom!

Now thats how far some slaves are willing to go because for them, freedom has been redefined to mean, a more comfortable enslavement.

That's the House Nigga Syndrome!

They hate their own kind. They oppose their kind. They find fault always with themselves. They magnify the error of one of their kind to mean an inherent trait in their racial or ethnic gene.

The #HouseNiggas do all these to seek validation and receive approval from those they look up to for a more comfortable enslavement.

With the end of the Nigeria/Biafra war, the need for personal survival of the Igbo Nation led to the creation of the #IgboHouseNigga.

Now you already know the guiding ethos of a typical house nigga. But how do you identify an IgboHouseNigga when you chance upon tthem? Here are some important traits to look out for:

1. When you hear him say, "Look, I am an Igbo man, but truth be told, we Igbos are bad,even me I am bad", know that an IgboHouseNigga is on the prowl.

Then his "Massa" would always reward him with, "Hey, I like that dude, he is honest". And the idiot will nod like an atụrụ.

2. They sometimes open introduction with an apology, "I'm sorry sir, i'm Igbo..."
Now not sure if their apology was accepted, they would take a step further to water down their Igboness by linking themselves to some dinasours, " ...em...but my great grand mother's sister was Yoruba ...and my couzine is married to a Kanuri ..i'm sorry sir". An IgboHouseNigga.

3. You hear them wave off every attempt at Igbo self determination with hollow sounding comments like "Nna leave this Biafran nonsense ...dem no get work ...na we dey kill ourself...". Now this group of IgboHouseNiggas have small change in their pockets, drink some expensive wine and have one plot of land somewhere outside Igboland.

4.They take up political appointment outside Igboland and turn around to insult the same people on whose platform they got the appointment, one chap in Lagos is always in the market place pointing at his father house with his left hand. IgboKweNu!

5. Their ears itch for bad news from Igboland, so they would grin and shout "I warned them...didn't I say so?"

6. When you hear Igbo haters declare; "Hey that chap is the only Igbo man that makes sense" just know an Igbo house nigga is around the corner.

7. They see everything wrong with their own people, all the time.

8. As governors they report to the Sultan of Sokoto on how they govern their own people. There are five of them at the moment and they the worst kind of IgboHouseNiggas, little timid men who celebrate the murder of their own children and pat the murderers on the back.

But .. the truth about all you #IgboHouseNiggas is, you disgust your masters and they merely tolerate you. For a purpose.

Your masters true respect and admiration goes to the courageous Amadis and Amaalas who would rather starve free than become fat slaves, those who will rather die on their feet as freemen than die licking the dirty butts of this Haggard Tyrant and his murderous gang. Afterall death will come to all men.

For all FREEMEN who were murdered in Abia for "talking too much and waving a flag", may you find peace and return soon to us.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by Elose11(m): 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2017
Very apt! Some few privileged and vocal bum wipers and toilet flushers of the caliphate will always sell their igboness for pittance. Its a pity.

8 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by freeze001(f): 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
This is so on point!

7 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by dealslip(f): 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2017
Very good write up. This doesn't apply to Igbos alone but other tribes to. The Paul Unongos, Rotimi Amaechi's, Bola Tinubu who would sell their people for a plate of porridge. Comfortable slavery is still slavery

8 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
Choose one IPOB

Negroe or Pig

grin

7 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by OjukwuWarBird: 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
Words of wisdom

Even some Jews opposed leaving Egypt and some suggested returning back to Egypt.

We the freeborns shall truly be free someday

4 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by vicadex07(m): 12:43am On Sep 28, 2017
lol...igbos are the only slaves in Nigeria crying out for reflendum and pleading with their masters to dash dem biafla.

From 1999 till date, Yoruba has been President and leader of this country longer than any other tribe in Nigeria....

Even Osibanjo did a few months of leading whilst Buhari was away....

The slaves know their selves cos they are sorrowfully weeping knowing fully well that they can never be president nor amount to any tangible position of influence as long as Nigeria exists.

IPOB yoot: Give us leflendum or erection.
Give us biafla or they die...

Beggi beggi slaves who begs for everything to be handed to them instead of taking it with tact and diplomacy.

grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by shallysgirl: 12:58am On Sep 28, 2017
You must be the slave cos I don't know what brought you here.
Was it not kwawanso that told all your elders to shut up forever?
After Ife then what? You who said you are not a slave answer.
Osibande ,who isn't a 'slave's has never condemned the killing of Christians why? So he doesn't offend the master. The slave is even a pastor.
Keep deceiving and lying to yourself.
Yoruba house nigga like you.
vicadex07:
lol...igbos are the only slaves in Nigeria crying out for reflendum and pleading with their masters to dash dem biafla.

From 1999 till date, Yoruba has been President and leader of this country longer than any other tribe in Nigeria....

The slaves know their selves cos they are sorrowfully weeping knowing fully well that they can never be president nor amount to any tangible position of influence as long as Nigeria exists.

Beggi beggi slaves who begs for everything to be handed to them instead of taking it with tact and diplomacy.

grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by shallysgirl: 12:59am On Sep 28, 2017
Great piece. Nice write up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by BabaRamota1980: 1:38am On Sep 28, 2017
hornyofife:
THE FIELD NEGRO AND THE HOUSE NEGRO; THE IGBO EXAMPLE.

By Chukwubudike Ugbaja.

In the USA, in the days of physical slavery there were two kinds of negro slaves: the field negro and the house negro,also referred to as "field niggas" and "house niggas".

While the field niggas worked the plantation, the house niggas served the master and his family, in the house. Their position gave them access to crumbs from the "massa"'s table, and some semblance of warmth from his fire place.

It was a privileged position to be a HouseNigga, and so they grew to detest the idea of freedom,for so long as they were the ones who were pleasured with the nice aroma from the massa's ( master ) kitchen, what other kind of freedom are those fellas in the field talking about?

"It is their stupid talk about freedom, and running off all the time that makes massa think all we niggas are bad,and we might so lose this privilege of eating warm food and warming massa's bed if these field niggas don't stop singing those nasty freedom hymes."

So the House Niggas grew to hate and betray their kins in the field. And to prove total loyalty and impress their masters they decided to #SelfHate , and siezed every opportunity to inform their owner "how bad we niggas can be".

As a matter of fact these slaves once upon a time fought against their own liberation. Yes, there were some black slaves who fought on the side of the Confederate Army in the American civil war to prevent their own freedom!

Now thats how far some slaves are willing to go because for them, freedom has been redefined to mean, a more comfortable enslavement.

That's the House Nigga Syndrome!

They hate their own kind. They oppose their kind. They find fault always with themselves. They magnify the error of one of their kind to mean an inherent trait in their racial or ethnic gene.

The #HouseNiggas do all these to seek validation and receive approval from those they look up to for a more comfortable enslavement.

With the end of the Nigeria/Biafra war, the need for personal survival of the Igbo Nation led to the creation of the #IgboHouseNigga.

Now you already know the guiding ethos of a typical house nigga. But how do you identify an IgboHouseNigga when you chance upon tthem? Here are some important traits to look out for:

1. When you hear him say, "Look, I am an Igbo man, but truth be told, we Igbos are bad,even me I am bad", know that an IgboHouseNigga is on the prowl.

Then his "Massa" would always reward him with, "Hey, I like that dude, he is honest". And the idiot will nod like an atụrụ.

2. They sometimes open introduction with an apology, "I'm sorry sir, i'm Igbo..."
Now not sure if their apology was accepted, they would take a step further to water down their Igboness by linking themselves to some dinasours, " ...em...but my great grand mother's sister was Yoruba ...and my couzine is married to a Kanuri ..i'm sorry sir". An IgboHouseNigga.

3. You hear them wave off every attempt at Igbo self determination with hollow sounding comments like "Nna leave this Biafran nonsense ...dem no get work ...na we dey kill ourself...". Now this group of IgboHouseNiggas have small change in their pockets, drink some expensive wine and have one plot of land somewhere outside Igboland.

4.They take up political appointment outside Igboland and turn around to insult the same people on whose platform they got the appointment, one chap in Lagos is always in the market place pointing at his father house with his left hand. IgboKweNu!

5. Their ears itch for bad news from Igboland, so they would grin and shout "I warned them...didn't I say so?"

6. When you hear Igbo haters declare; "Hey that chap is the only Igbo man that makes sense" just know an Igbo house nigga is around the corner.

7. They see everything wrong with their own people, all the time.

8. As governors they report to the Sultan of Sokoto on how they govern their own people. There are five of them at the moment and they the worst kind of IgboHouseNiggas, little timid men who celebrate the murder of their own children and pat the murderers on the back.

But .. the truth about all you #IgboHouseNiggas is, you disgust your masters and they merely tolerate you. For a purpose.

Your masters true respect and admiration goes to the courageous Amadis and Amaalas who would rather starve free than become fat slaves, those who will rather die on their feet as freemen than die licking the dirty butts of this Haggard Tyrant and his murderous gang. Afterall death will come to all men.

For all FREEMEN who were murdered in Abia for "talking too much and waving a flag", may you find peace and return soon to us.

Omo Alhaja endorses this message.

Shame to SE GOVS.

Gov Umahi said in news that SE Govs have no apology to anybody for proscribing IPOB. He said they did to counter threat from Arewa Youths about Oct1st.

Can you imagine?

A bunch of Arewa non entities issue a criminal fatwah and State Executives in SE, instead of demanding their arrest and incarceration turned around and incarcerated their own children in SE that they ought to shield from assault.

SE Govs are the houseniggas aptly illustrated in this article.

8 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by Guestlander: 3:10am On Sep 28, 2017
A rip off of MalcoImX's speech. The situations are completely different.

2 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by dometome: 6:54am On Sep 28, 2017
Guestlander:
No, I beg to differ, situations are EXACTLY the same!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by dometome: 6:57am On Sep 28, 2017
vicadex07:

grin grin grin
Even Eglish words now get redefined by Offemmannu non entities. What a shame, always trying to hide their uslessness.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by Guestlander: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2017
dometome:
No, I beg to differ, situations are EXACTLY the same!

So, your experience in Nigeria is exactly the same as those of the Americam slaves who were owned like properties but you will at the same time turn around and tell the world you own 90% of Abuja, Lagos, Kano and Port Harcourt.

3 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by aolawale025: 8:50am On Sep 28, 2017
Those category of people are why Nigeria is such a mess today. No stand guy!

2 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by aolawale025: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2017
Guestlander:

So, your experience in Nigeria is exactly the same as those of the Americam slaves who were owned like properties but you will at the same time turn around and tell the world you own 90% of Abuja, Lagos, Kano and Port Harcourt.

The Igbos got their properties in those places thru hardwork not via allocation or government patronage

6 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by EazyMoh(m): 9:37am On Sep 28, 2017
I thought everyone that said that was an Afonjaaa.
Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by mabea: 10:01am On Sep 28, 2017
Said just as it is
Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by mabea: 10:07am On Sep 28, 2017
shallysgirl:
You must be the slave cos I don't know what brought you here.
Was it not kwawanso that told all your elders to shut up forever?
After Ife then what? You who said you are not a slave answer.
Osibande ,who isn't a 'slave's has never condemned the killing of Christians why? So he doesn't offend the master. The slave is even a pastor.
Keep deceiving and lying to yourself.
Yoruba house nigga like you.
I will advise you dont join issues with such people.

1 Like

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by mabea: 10:14am On Sep 28, 2017
Guestlander:
It is difficult to understand if you are not igbo

5 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by prodigy24: 10:15am On Sep 28, 2017
This is what I have been saying many of those guys are in Lagos. Especially Joe igbokwe. And mrphysics and several monikers here.

1 Like

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by OjukwuWarBird: 10:18am On Sep 28, 2017
prodigy24:
This is what I have been saying many of those guys are in Lagos. Especially Joe igbokwe. And mrphysics and several monikers here.

Some are in the East also

Just identify and ignore them

3 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by prodigy24: 10:26am On Sep 28, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Some are in the East also

Just identify and ignore them
Very true, those in the east are pitiable.
Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by Guestlander: 10:38am On Sep 28, 2017
aolawale025:

The Igbos got their properties in those places thru hardwork not via allocation or government patronage

I completely agree with you but that is not the point. The African Americans you are trying to compare yourself with were regarded a quarter of a human being with no rights to own anything because they were themselves properties of some other people as well.
You all need to stop the unnecessary and foolish exaggerations.

1 Like

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by dometome: 10:38am On Sep 28, 2017
Guestlander:

Please don't be stupid, go borrow at least small sense. Re- read the article and pay close attention to point 3

3 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by Guestlander: 10:43am On Sep 28, 2017
dometome:
Please don't be stupid, go borrow at least small sense. Re- read the article and pay close attention to point 3

You are completely foolish if you think there's any shred of similarities between slavery and the condition of Igbo in Nigeria today.
What a blatant and foolish comparison! Who are you enslaved to? Who sold you and who bought you? On whose plantations are you currently working? Use your head.
You are no longer zoo animals now you are slaves!

4 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by OjukwuWarBird: 10:46am On Sep 28, 2017
Guestlander:

You are completely foolish if you think there's any shred of similarities between slavery and the condition of Igbo in Nigeria today.
What a blatant and foolish comparison! Who are you enslaved to? Who sold you and who bought you? On whose plantations are you currently working? Use your head.

Who controls the Resources beneath Igboland.? FG or Igbos.

Who controls the FG.?

3 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by Guestlander: 10:50am On Sep 28, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Who controls the Resources beneath Igboland.? FG or Igbos.

Who controls the FG.?

Who made that possible? Was it not an Igbo General who made Nigeria a unitary state with a decree? If you willingly gave up your resources to someone else whose fault is it?
At least the African Americans did not sell themselves to slavery.

3 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by dometome: 10:53am On Sep 28, 2017
Guestlander:

foolish is your second name, that one I know very well. But re read the article and pay close attention to point 3

3 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by Guestlander: 10:56am On Sep 28, 2017
dometome:
foolish is your second name, that one I know very well. But re read the article and pay close attention to point 3

You must be totally screwed up if you think you are making any sense here. Even the south Africans under apartheid never compare themselves to slaves.

2 Likes

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by mrphysics(m): 11:16am On Sep 28, 2017
prodigy24:
I don't know why you have to mention me. Where I am today, I did because I struggled to get there, I don't wait for a government to spoon feed me or anything. If Igbos are marginalized, why didn't you hold your senators responsible, your governors, you are with your enemies but the first line of attack is the federal government. Bro, I write on fiverr, I have a work, I earn my salary not from any Nigerian government.

Secondly, I hate politics, and I hate how politicians are going about it. Everyone except you believes Kanu went about it the wrong way.

You forgot how you insulted me the last time I thought you were reasonable enough to engage on a discussion? You forgot the stupid things that got you banned you did? If this is the kind of Biafra IPOB is leading us to, then I won't pray for it to come. Since I can't be in the minority that will have a different opinion and still lives in peace.

I think its good to mind your business and forget about politics. Everyday i come to nairaland, I am in the business section not romance section. I would appreciate not being mentioned again. I respect your opinion, kindly respect mine

1 Like

Re: The Field Negro And The House Negro; the Igbo Example By Chukwubudike Ugbaja by mrphysics(m): 11:18am On Sep 28, 2017
Guestlander:

You must be totally screwed up if you think you are making any sense here. Even the south Africans under apartheid never compare themselves to slaves.
How will there understand. Everyday, while I was in Kano, I see Igbos everywhere. I visited Kaduna, I saw Igbos everywhere, I came to Abuja, Igbos everywhere, I went to Lagos, Igbos everywhere. Igbos are hardworking people, who believes their own state will come one day. By going through the process of hatred to other regions simply because you want to make a point known to me isn't making sense. The reason that most south east leaders just watched how it unfolded and even had to fight against it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language / Nigerians React, After Bukola Saraki Was Absent As Buhari Meets APC Senators / Osun Election Result Update.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.