Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

NCAN OR CBAN (character Builders Association Of Nigeria)? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / NCAN OR CBAN (character Builders Association Of Nigeria)? (555 Views)

Prince Erondu Uche - President Gen. Association Of Southwest Igbo Town Unions / Amended Constitution Of The Stingy Men Association Of Nigerian By Mr Planner / Isoko Association Of New York, USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NCAN OR CBAN (character Builders Association Of Nigeria)? by KingNom(m): 12:53am On Sep 28, 2017
As I write this, I'm angered, vexed and infuriated by the mindset of a lot of our youth who are supposed to be paving the way for the next generation! I'm talking about the Name Checkers, NCAN etc. These set of people should know the fallacy in generalization, they should look out for the good in the society not fan the flames of tribalism.

Should we be Name Checkers Association of Nigeria (NCAN) or Character Builders Association Of Nigeria CBAN?

I think CBAN is the way forward!

It is sad to know that despite the lesson History has taught us that 'tribalism brought Nigeria to where She is,' some of our vibrant youth are still terribly tribal in their mindsets, hence it shows in their comments.

Why not say something beneficial to a person, something a person will always remember as an inspiration. Would SHOUTING the Z tribe are drug dealers, X Tribe are ritualistic or J Tribe are religious fanatics inspire any positive change for or in them?

Why not proffer solutions to the problem rather than ALWAYS shouting about the problem? How long are you going to be shouting the problem? Do or say something to help solve the problem, not point accusing fingers. Accusation destroys (the Bible calls the devil an accuser)! Accusation causes more waste of time, energy and resources.

Kindly Ponder on this:
'I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin (or by the name of their tribe or language they speak, emphasis mine), but by the content of their character.' by Martin Luther King, Jr.

There is nothing like a Yoruba kidney, Igbo intestine or Hausa bone! A human being is a human being with the major difference between one person from another being the person's character.

(Dear NCAN, pardon my being fiery, kindly let us adjust our mindset for our legacy)

Let us say and do things that will build character and not darken it. Kindly be an inspiration, a lifter, an encourager, a success motivator rather than being a curser, accuser, discouragement... There is A LOT MORE GOOD TO WHO YOU ARE THAN THIS!

HELP OTHERS FLY!

One person at a time, we'll renew our mindset and move forward together!

Thank You for reading and deciding to make amends!

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala (sorry say Dis one no be snake post oh grin , but kindly do the needful) , mynd44

(1) (Reply)

How I Stopped Herdsmen In My Community...edo Monarch / 24 Years Without Orimolusi: Will Ijebu-igbo’s Wait For A New Traditional Ruler / Erased

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.