Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider (32233 Views)

Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment / Difference Between Blue Collar And White Collar Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2017
Over the last few years, we have witnessed steady job losses, and the trend keeps getting higher. This has resulted to having lots of unemployed Nigerian graduates, who either never had a job or lost them after a while.

The need to acquire a skill outside of your job expertise has been over flogged, and those who have visions have keyed into the idea. There are lot of promising blue collar jobs out there, but the issue is having the skill to start up one.

Blue collar jobs are jobs that require more of physical energy, than mental energy jobs (White Collar). It doesn’t in no way mean that one pays more than the other. In recent cases, we have seen blue collar workers living comfortably more than the white collar counterparts.

Just to keep you abreast, these are some of the blue collar jobs that should earn you a decent living as an unemployed Nigerian graduate.

Signage Business

As the number of start-ups and rebranding of various firms are on the increase, so is the demand for people with Branding and Signage skills. Remember the saying that “you must start small?” It doesn’t apply to those in the Signage and Branding business. It is always a big hit right from when you land a contract till you execute it. Produce quality, and you end up employing first class students as your employees.

Drivers

“Oh No!!” must have been the first exclamation that came out from you as soon as you saw it. The average Nigerian fresh graduate earns about 30,000 Naira. This is about 970 Naira per day.

An average Driver in any capacity earns a starting salary of 50k per month. Wouldn’t you rather compromise pride for a few months and get those cars on the road! Depending on your agreement with the car owner, places like Lagos would see you earning above 4, 000 Naira daily – how many firms pay such to graduates?

Electricians

The closet idea to who an Electrician is might be given as someone who studied Electrical/Electronic Engineering – hell no! Majority of Electrical Engineers in Nigeria can design a simple electric circuit, which has given major artisans the space to operate freely. As the number of houses being built is on the increase, Electricians are having a field day in raking in thousands from various contracts. Who cares about an educational degree, when I go to cash out my cheque?

Caterers

Food – somethingthat gives us joy in Nigeria. From child dedication to parties to celebrations and others, the only common thing is that we are all eating. No matter the nature of the economy, celebrations must happen and people must eat. The beneficiaries of such celebrations are those who prepare the dishes, eat and still receive bank alerts for cooking and eating.

Construction Workers

I categorized it everyone found in a construction site under the above heading. They are get fair amount of cash for making sure the building is erected. Millions are being spent daily in erecting buildings in Nigeria, and it ends up in the pockets of these guys.

Roofers, Masons, Painters, and every other person found within the site. The average daily pay differs, but believe me that it is higher than what the government or private firms pay most graduates.

Real Estate Agents

Ever thought of making your first Million in just a month? This job gives you that opportunity. It is all GREEN in the real estate business. If you can’t be the landlord of the house, you can become the agent for the house.

Real Estate agents are making a huge killing in Nigeria, and graduates without a job yet should consider this sector!!

It is all GREEN and looks like being GREEN for so many years to come. No matter your location, selling, leasing and renting out houses are a low key way to rake in thousands of Naira just in day.

Hardware Engineers

Glad you are about to know that Hardware Repairs is the new goldmine. There are hundreds of people every day with several laptop faults, and they need technicians to fix them.

Not just that; companies are in need of experienced Engineers, who will take up the job role of maintaining, Troubleshooting, and repairing their computer installations. The question now is “Who will do the job among thousands of graduates looking for jobs or those who are underpaid?”

If you are an unemployed Nigerian graduate still waiting and hoping for a job to come, you should take the bull by the horn. There are several skills you can pick up today and make money like by doing things you love doing.

Bye, till we meet again!

SOURCE: https://patrickokunima.com/2017/09/27/for-unemployed-nigerian-graduates-top-10-blue-collar-jobs-you-should-consider/

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by iihtlagos: 8:49am On Sep 28, 2017
Wow... Nice write up!!

I don't know why Digital Marketing isn't included on the list?!

If you have a laptop and Data subscription, why aren't you making money from it?

You have to learn the skill and earn for life. Your chances are;

1) Start up your own digital agency

2) Work for several firms simultaneously as their digital agent

3) Earn unlimited amount as an Affiliate Marketer

4) Start up your own online business and know the secrets of earning more than $1000 dollars as a side income.

Please click on my signature for more.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by dannytoe(m): 9:49am On Sep 28, 2017
Include crowd renting by politheifians, 1k perday for 5hrs protest.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by Nostradamu(m): 11:45am On Sep 28, 2017
True tok.
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by Adaowerri111: 11:46am On Sep 28, 2017
Insightful
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by ernie4life(m): 11:46am On Sep 28, 2017
iihtlagos:
Wow... Nice write up!!

If you have a laptop and Data subscription, why aren't you making money from it?

4) Start up your own online business and know the secrets of earning more than $1000 dollars as a side income.

because its not a blue collar job, the OP defined blue collars jobs first.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by Sleyanya1(m): 11:47am On Sep 28, 2017
Visual Arts. smiley
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by funnynation(m): 11:48am On Sep 28, 2017
Please fellow Nairalanders what could be the cause of this hanging of my phone. I will be doing something the phone will just hang or restart.

"Unfortunately Facebook has stopped"
"Report..... wait......OK"

I don't know what to do..
Am using Infinix Hot 4 Lite

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by netbeans1(m): 11:48am On Sep 28, 2017
Op nice one

Tech lovers oya check my signature shap shap wink
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by byemx06(m): 11:49am On Sep 28, 2017
iihtlagos:
Wow... Nice write up!!

can u help me out,
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by binsanni(m): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2017
av heard next please
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by ChallyB(m): 11:53am On Sep 28, 2017
Are you in search of a Studio? Your search ends here!

A spacious fully air-conditioned multi-purpose studio with 24/7 power supply is available for rent.
It comes with equipment such as; A green screen, Lapel mic, Hilite Background 2.5x2.15m, Blue Condenser mic, Studio lighting and more.
Contact Charles - +2347067674600 to book for your photography, videography, interviews, podcast, voice-over and corporate recording.

Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by 1miccza: 11:54am On Sep 28, 2017
dannytoe:
Include crowd renting by politheifians, 1k perday for 5hrs protest.

grin grin grin grin grin grin All i can say is you nor well at all
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by selflover(f): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2017
I have a google certificate in digital marketing, I dnt know how I can earn money with it. I am still in school tho, pls what do u advise
iihtlagos:
Wow... Nice write up!!

Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by Josh44s(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by Ekitiparapo(m): 11:55am On Sep 28, 2017
So insightful!
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by ignis: 11:56am On Sep 28, 2017
Very apt...

But most graduates will prefer slavery white collar jobs paying close to nothing... just for the fun of wearing suit and tie.

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by Freethought(m): 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
I have a white collar job i do Monday to Friday 8am-3pm, I do another blue collar job at night 10pm-4am.. Saturdays I work in construction companies and and as a caterer depending on which is available... I rest on Sundays

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by coalcoal1(m): 12:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
nice
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by Freethought(m): 12:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
funnynation:
Please fellow Nairalanders what could be the cause of this hanging of my phone. I will be doing something the phone will just hang or restart.

I think you should try getting phones like Samsung, HTC or Sony
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by biggerboyc(m): 12:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ok
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by dammycree(m): 12:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
funnynation:

same phone, same problem with mine
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by honestivo(m): 12:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
nice one op
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by sunbbo(m): 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
Good

Apply for African Leaders of Tomorrow (ALT) Scholarship Program 2018 for Young African to Study in Canada

The African Leaders of Tomorrow (ALT) Scholarship Program commemorates the late Nelson Mandela’s commitment to social justice and equity. It supports young African professionals to become leaders in public policy and administration.

The ALT Scholarship Program grants full scholarships based on merit to women and men from sub-Saharan Africa to pursue a Master’s degree in public administration, public policy or public finances in Canada. Click here for an overview of the program.

THE ALT SCHOLARSHIP HAS TWO COMPONENTS:

1. An academic component in which the scholars will:

Complete a one to two years Master’s level program in public administration, public policy or public finance at a Canadian university

2. A professional development component in which the scholars will:

Put together a comprehensive professional development plan;
Develop a case study focusing on their home country;
Be mentored by a Canadian expert;
Participate in webinars and networking events

http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2017/09/13/african-leaders-tomorrow-alt-scholarship-program-2018-young-african-professionals-study-canada/
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by Ayiose(m): 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
Practical approach.....will crush rising unemployment!
Meanwhile
Check out bizhotspot.onlinebiz.services
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by Feranchek(m): 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
you get driver job I dey find am ooooo!!!
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by iihtlagos: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
ernie4life:

because its not a blue collar job, the OP defined blue collars jobs first.

It can serve as blue-collar and white-collar job wink
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by iihtlagos: 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2017
byemx06:

can u help me out,

I can help out online Sir,

If you can register for our Training, we will show you practically how you can make thousands of cash online

Check my signature
Re: Top 7 Blue Collar Jobs Unemployed Nigerian Graduates Should Consider by lizzygrace(f): 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Got A Job Without Knowing Any Senator, Minister Or Anybody In Government / Graduate Trainee Programme - Heirs Holdings / Japaul Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.