Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa (621 Views)

Abdulfatah Ahmed Commissions First Aeronautical Engineering Complex In Nigeria / Ambode Commissions Jubilee Bridge Ajah (Photos) / Ambode Commissions Ojodu Berger Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by money121(m): 7:20am On Sep 28, 2017
Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, on Wednesday commissioned what he described as the first state-owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa, saying the move would go a long way in resolving all forms of crimes, paternity issues and others issues through technology which is the modern trend across the world.

Governor Ambode said the completion and handing over of the centre, located at Odunlami Street in Lagos Island, was a significant milestone and a symbolic manifestation of his administration's policies in reforming the justice sector and in line with his vision to make the State safe for residents and investors.

He said the state government, with the completion of the centre, is joining other advanced countries of the world which had embraced technology to make life easier for people in all spheres of existence.

Mr. Ambode said, "From the domestic front to our places of work; from the way we learn, to doing business, the use of technology has become a way of life. You will therefore understand why our administration had no hesitation in approving this project which serves amongst other things, as an effective method of bringing perpetrators of crime to book and ensuring quick dispensation of justice."

The governor recalled that from inception, his administration realised that security was key to good governance and sustainability of investment to make life better for the people.

He said that necessitated the heavy investment in security equipment, recruitment and training of security personnel to assist law enforcement agencies in the maintenance of public peace and security.

The interventions, Governor Ambode said, had translated into tremendous success by the reduction in crimes in the state, adding that the DNA Centre underlined the state government's resolve to stay ahead of criminals through scientific-led investigations.

Giving details of the DNA Centre, the governor said the facility has capacity to provide the police, prosecutors, defence attorneys and private citizens with crime scene processing; serological screening for blood and semen; DNA analysis of bone, teeth and hair; maternal and paternal relationship DNA analysis; expert witness and case handling services; paternal and maternal ancestry DNA analysis; cold case file review and mass disaster human identification.

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, with U.S Consul General, Lagos, Mr. John Bray (2nd right), Commercial Counselor, U.S Mission to Nigeria, Mr. Brent Omdahl and Criminal Justice Advisor, British Deputy High Commission, Lagos, Mr. Michael Omo during the commissioning of the Lagos State DNA and Forensic Centre, Lagos Island, on Wednesday, September 27, 2017.

The newly commissioned first State owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa situated at Odunlami Street, Lagos Island

Sources: http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2017/09/ambode-commissions-first-state-owned.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by money121(m): 7:20am On Sep 28, 2017
Ok

Itesiwaju Ilu Eko lo je Wa logun..

Awa Omo Eko da Awa ree tongue

Re: Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by money121(m): 7:21am On Sep 28, 2017
Eko Oni baje ooo
Re: Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by bullbull: 7:37am On Sep 28, 2017
Ghana claim they had it
Re: Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by omenka(m): 7:46am On Sep 28, 2017
State owned right?

Lagos, I take God and Sango beg una make una loan Benue this man for two months. Una fit employ our own for lastma make one nursery school pupil occupy Ambode office in the mean time because if Ortom enter there, na yawa.

If una like me, una go consider my proposal.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by LIFEisSIMPLE: 7:48am On Sep 28, 2017
This is very impressive. Coming from an Igbo man

Kudos Ambode. Ndigbo love progessive minds

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by nerodenero: 7:48am On Sep 28, 2017
Lagos leads, others follow.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by SweetJoystick(m): 7:57am On Sep 28, 2017
Nice
Re: Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by Amarabae(f): 8:05am On Sep 28, 2017
paternity test wahalas to begin,
ambode you no see another thing build, why this?
The rate of divorce my escalate o
Re: Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by money121(m): 8:11am On Sep 28, 2017
Amarabae:

Wetin this one dey talk undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by UduMgbo1: 8:46am On Sep 28, 2017
[s]
omenka:
State owned right?

Lagos, I take God and Sango beg una make una loan Benue this man for two months. Una fit employ our own for lastma make one nursery school pupil occupy Ambode office in the mean time because if Ortom enter there, na yawa.

If una like me, una go consider my proposal.

Thanks.
[/s]
Always assume licking the year obaseki grin
Re: Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by fyneguy: 8:57am On Sep 28, 2017
Amarabae:

No worry...bros no go do DNA test grin grin grin tongue

Na joke I dey o
Re: Ambode Commissions 'First State-Owned DNA Forensic Centre in West Africa by hurricaneChris: 9:02am On Sep 28, 2017
not good news for some married women

(1) (Reply)

Abdulrasheed Maina Speaks And Reveals Can Of Worms in Nigerian Pension Scheme. / The Land Of Injustice And Hypocrisy / Pastor Dupe My Friend 500 Thousand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.