Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) (23725 Views)

This Is How Lawyers Advertise Themselves With Their Cars (Photos) / Mohammed Ali: His Cars And Iconic Photos Of Him In Cars (PHOTOS) / This Adolf Hitler’s Car Is One Of History’s Most Significant Cars (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by AutoJoshNG: 9:36am On Sep 28, 2017
1) Toyota G1

The company's name was known as Toyoda when the G1 was first revealed in November 1935. Toyoda wasn't too sure of the G1 that they loaded it with many replacement parts on its first road trip to an Auto Show incase something broke on the way. It was so unreliable that it was only bought by people who were sympathetic to local manufacturers and who were willing to endure its many failures.. and they were usually repaired for free by Toyota's factory engineers who used the opportunity to understand the vehicles even better.

2) Honda T360
Launched in August 1963 with a 30hp engine at 8,500 rpm. 108,920 units of this rear wheeled pick up were produced between 1963 and August 1967.. and they all came in blue colour.

3) Nissan Model 70

Nissan started building the Model 70 in 1937 as a replica of the Indiana USA based Graham-Paige.. This was due to the fact that Nissan built a new factory in Yokahama in 1934, and all the defunct Graham Paige's equipment was installed in the new factory. This huge investment gave Nissan the largest and most modern factory in Japan at that time. The Model 70 had a 6 cylinder engine producing 85hp.

4) Subaru 1500
It came with a 1.5 litre four-cylinder engine which was sourced from Peugeot and the car in-fact looks like a Peugeot 403. Only 20 were built, all in 1954. Six units were provided to taxi companies for testing.. and they all had successful results.

5) Suzuki Suzulight
Built from 1955 to 1969, the Suzulight created the pathway for Suzuki to enter the car market after making motorcycles successfully. It came with double wishbone coil-sprung suspensions, with rack-and-pinion steering which made the car to be far ahead its time and peers.

6) Mitsubishi Model A
Mitsubishi company was established as a shipping firm by Yatarō Iwasaki in 1873. The company later diversified into banking, trading and manufacturing of Automobiles amongst others. The Model A is the first car to be produced in Japan in 1917.. It has 35 hp, 2.8-litre straight-4 engine with rear wheel drive.. and it was capable of speeds up to 97 km/h.

7) Mazda R360
Introduced in 1960, it's a two-door, four-seat coupe powered by a rear-mounted air-cooled 356 cc V-twin engine which produced 16 hp and 16 lb·ft of torque. It had 4-speed manual or two-speed automatic transmission with max speed 84 km/h.

cool Isuzu Bellel
Despite being the first Auto Company in Japan (founded in 1916).. Isuzu didn't manufacture it's first vehicle till 1961. They only distributed vehicles on behalf of other manufacturers before the debut of the Isuzu Bellel.. and it's the first passenger car in Japan to have a diesel engine. 

Pix: Autosportsart

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by Deadprez: 9:37am On Sep 28, 2017
Nice I must say!
cool

Modified
Ftc!
7th Ftc medal in 4 days!
It means am a better striker than Cavani,
Tell PSG to come and buy me bikonu angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by ikbnice(m): 9:38am On Sep 28, 2017
The giant in car manufacturing

3 Likes

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by nurey(m): 9:56am On Sep 28, 2017
Japanese or nothing.

there are two cars in the world Toyota and others cool

9 Likes

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 28, 2017
nurey:
Japanese or nothing.

This is serious grin.

I always thought the picture attached was Toyota's first car, not this 911 look alike. Good thread.

1 Like

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
interesting history about the japanese cars...
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by nurey(m): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
PaperLace:

This is serious grin.

I always thought the picture attached was Toyota's first car, not this 911 look alike. Good thread.

i dont know if it counts but yours is the first toyoda actually made in 1936 called the toyoda AA, his could actually be after the name changed to toyota

1 Like

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by AutoJoshNG: 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
PaperLace:

This is serious grin.

You are right.. Didn't use that because it was a prototype that failed and the project was cancelled.

1 Like

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by Brasstop: 5:38am On Sep 29, 2017
nurey:
Japanese or nothing.

Reading about Toyota up there made me fall of my chair. And before you start talking about early days, can I remind you and autojosh that innoson is also a young company so your bashing in another thread was really funny and laughable. Innoson will get there someday just like your beloved Toyota has done.
Benz or nothing cool

13 Likes

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 29, 2017
The days of truly solid cars built with solid, long lasting materials. Now cars are built like toys. You fall into a ditch, and your car squeezes like a crumpled paper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by nurey(m): 7:15am On Sep 29, 2017
Brasstop:

Reading about Toyota up there made me fall of my chair. And before you start talking about early days, can I remind you and autojosh that innoson is also a young company so your bashing in another thread was really funny and laughable. Innoson will get there someday just like your beloved Toyota has done.
Benz or nothing cool

I didn't bash Innoson nor soiling their name, I won't gain anything in doing that. I simply said the truth, Innoson is a car assembly plant not a manufacturing plant, both are different.

A manufacturing plant would have a greater percentage of in house components, designed and tested to meet specifications. They don't need to make 100% of the components but a greater % is their intellectual property.

An assembly plant doesn't manufacturer anything they just buy components bolt them together and sell it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by fraudbad: 7:17am On Sep 29, 2017
All topic on FP this morning is about cars, auto section the vex o
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by rawpadgin(m): 7:18am On Sep 29, 2017
the days of humble beginnings
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by dhebz2pon(m): 7:19am On Sep 29, 2017
Toyota good thinking good product
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by cbkingbeatz(m): 7:19am On Sep 29, 2017
Like if u want God to bless with this BAE smiley

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by phayvoursky(m): 7:21am On Sep 29, 2017
FOR ME: ITS EITHER GERMAN OR NOTHING

1 Like

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by kenny1795(m): 7:21am On Sep 29, 2017
"It was so unreliable that it was only bought by people who were sympathetic to local manufacturers and who were willing to endure its many failures.. and they were usually repaired for free by Toyota's factory engineers who used the opportunity to understand the vehicles even better"

For all those cursing at innoson, we all know our favourite car company started small with alot of mistakes....

3 Likes

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by spidey77: 7:23am On Sep 29, 2017
Educating..

For more of these remarkable list, visit
https://expressdigger..com/
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by lilmax(m): 7:28am On Sep 29, 2017
Nissan looks more reasonable I think, not the crap design I dey see these days
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by Konquest: 7:39am On Sep 29, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
1) Toyota G1

The company's name was known as Toyoda when the G1 was first revealed in November 1935. Toyoda wasn't too sure of the G1 that they loaded it with many replacement parts on its first road trip to an Auto Show incase something broke on the way. It was so unreliable that it was only bought by people who were sympathetic to local manufacturers and who were willing to endure its many failures.. and they were usually repaired for free by Toyota's factory engineers who used the opportunity to understand the vehicles even better.

2) Honda T360
Launched in August 1963 with a 30hp engine at 8,500 rpm. 108,920 units of this rear wheeled pick up were produced between 1963 and August 1967.. and they all came in blue colour.

3) Nissan Model 70

Nissan started building the Model 70 in 1937 as a replica of the Indiana USA based Graham-Paige.. This was due to the fact that Nissan built a new factory in Yokahama in 1934, and all the defunct Graham Paige's equipment was installed in the new factory. This huge investment gave Nissan the largest and most modern factory in Japan at that time. The Model 70 had a 6 cylinder engine producing 85hp.

4) Subaru 1500
It came with a 1.5 litre four-cylinder engine which was sourced from Peugeot and the car in-fact looks like a Peugeot 403. Only 20 were built, all in 1954. Six units were provided to taxi companies for testing.. and they all had successful results.

5) Suzuki Suzulight
Built from 1955 to 1969, the Suzulight created the pathway for Suzuki to enter the car market after making motorcycles successfully. It came with double wishbone coil-sprung suspensions, with rack-and-pinion steering which made the car to be far ahead its time and peers.

6) Mitsubishi Model A
Mitsubishi company was established as a shipping firm by Yatarō Iwasaki in 1873. The company later diversified into banking, trading and manufacturing of Automobiles amongst others. The Model A is the first car to be produced in Japan in 1917.. It has 35 hp, 2.8-litre straight-4 engine with rear wheel drive.. and it was capable of speeds up to 97 km/h.

7) Mazda R360
Introduced in 1960, it's a two-door, four-seat coupe powered by a rear-mounted air-cooled 356 cc V-twin engine which produced 16 hp and 16 lb·ft of torque. It had 4-speed manual or two-speed automatic transmission with max speed 84 km/h.

cool Isuzu Bellel
Despite being the first Auto Company in Japan (founded in 1916).. Isuzu didn't manufacture it's first vehicle till 1961. They only distributed vehicles on behalf of other manufacturers before the debut of the Isuzu Bellel.. and it's the first passenger car in Japan to have a diesel engine. 

Pix: Autosportsart

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
~~~~~~~~
Great info. The Japanese are simply creative people. As of 1920, the Japanese
had even built aircraft carriers for their
war planes!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by ipobarecriminals: 7:45am On Sep 29, 2017
cool that number 4 look like famous 404 Peugeot. Indomie generation nor go know
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by free2ryhme: 7:53am On Sep 29, 2017
meanwhile somewhere in Nigeria some people are busy fooling themselves

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by free2ryhme: 7:54am On Sep 29, 2017
i am lauguhn ooo
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by DanielsParker(m): 7:55am On Sep 29, 2017
lovely
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by lonelydora: 8:04am On Sep 29, 2017
No Mercedes?
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by koolguy88(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2017
nurey:
Japanese or nothing.
for sure
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by Chukazu: 8:17am On Sep 29, 2017
nurey:

I didn't bash Innoson nor soiling their name, I won't gain anything in doing that. I simply said the truth, Innoson is a car assembly plant not a manufacturing plant, both are different.

A manufacturing plant would have a greater percentage of in house components, designed and tested to meet specifications. They don't need to make 100% of the components but a greater % is their intellectual property.

An assembly plant doesn't manufacturer anything they just buy components bolt them together and sell it.

have you been to INNOSONS plant to confirm their percentage of local content?
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by vicfajeze: 8:25am On Sep 29, 2017
Nice info
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by godofuck231: 8:25am On Sep 29, 2017
Ah a speeding dido, this is cool
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by opalu: 8:37am On Sep 29, 2017
I WILL MAKE NIGERIA AN AUTO MANUFACTURER IN THE COMITY OF NATIONS!
Re: 8 Japanese Automakers And Their First Cars (photos) by donqx: 8:43am On Sep 29, 2017
good

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Top Cars In 2018 That Will Give You The Assurance You Need / Accident On Lagos Abeokuta Express Road,meiran B/S / To Rebuild Or To Replace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.