Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Are 'normal Wear' Cars On Copart Legit? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are 'normal Wear' Cars On Copart Legit? (12061 Views)

Vintage Cars On The Street Of Lagos During Independence Day Drive (photos) / What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) / 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are 'normal Wear' Cars On Copart Legit? by flagship(m): 11:58am On Apr 27, 2018
I've always been curious about the true state of the 'Minor Dent and Scratches' and ''Normal Wear' vehicles category on copart.com and other auction sites? As far as I can tell from appraising the images, no dent or structural damage is hinted at. If the vehicles have no issues, why are they then ranked as salvaged? Why doesn't some random person or dealer just sell it on the streets of american and make their money?

Is there something hidden that I'm not privy to? Opinions of gurus and dealers here are highly appreciated.

Re: Are 'normal Wear' Cars On Copart Legit? by Readonee35L(m): 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2018
Avoid most cars that are not sold buy insurance.
Also avoid buy it now vehicles as most of them are trash .

Some dealers over there are one of the biggest fraudsters but people dont know. They buy battered cars from auction, try to make them look good and send them back to the auction to sell at a much more higher price . at the end of the day if you purchase one of this vehicles. When it arrives at your door step you'd know so many things are wrong than what you saw in the picture.

Sometimes they might sell vehicles with lien (loan) on them, then exporting becomes a problem .

If you are not an expect in auto purchase.
Kindly stick to cars sold by insurance alone e.g geico usaa e.t c

A car with a Knocking engine sound that moves. Will be tagged as run and drive.
A car that has a damaged transmission. But can move will be tagged as run and drive.

Auction cars are a bet. So be careful of most cars sold by individuals or dealer on Auctions .

The land cruiser below was sold by the insurance looking like the first picture.
A dealer over there bought it and tried to make it look good.
Only fixing the cosmetics looks .
Note airbags were not fixed all problems still remains and other mechanical issues still remains.

A noob that sees the car again will think its just a minor accident car. At the end of the day if you buy it for the high price thinking its a minor fix , You will be burned and end in debt .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDykhQ4drs0

So are flooded cars sold by insurance which dealers buy and send back to the auction as run and drive salvage without stating it was previously flooded.

There are cars on copart without engines which they claim the hood is stuck . so no engine picture.
All this are sold by dealers and normal individuals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are 'normal Wear' Cars On Copart Legit? by flagship(m): 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2018
Readonee35L:
Also avoid buy it now vehicles as most of them are trash .

Geez. It's always a pleasure to learn. Thanks for your detailed reply. How does one filter for only cars sold by insurance companies? Or is it just by random luck that one bumps into such listings?

1 Like

Re: Are 'normal Wear' Cars On Copart Legit? by flagship(m): 12:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
Readonee35L:

Sometimes they might sell vehicles with lien (loan) on them, then exporting becomes a problem .

There are cars on copart without engines which they claim the hood is stuck . so no engine picture.
All this are sold by dealers and normal individuals.

Oh. Someone I know had this issue a few months ago where the car he bought was not allowed to leave. I thought his dealers were actually messing with his head. Thanks for confirming this.

1 Like

Re: Are 'normal Wear' Cars On Copart Legit? by calculusx(m): 10:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
Mexicans at work. It's a common practice and Copart can't claim they are not aware. It's advisable to buy Insurance damage Cars when buying from Copart. I prefer buying from IAAI than Copart though. Really insightful
Re: Are 'normal Wear' Cars On Copart Legit? by Readonee35L(m): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2018
calculusx:
Mexicans at work. It's a common practice and Copart can't claim they are not aware. It's advisable to buy Insurance damage Cars when buying from Copart. I prefer buying from IAAI than Copart though. Really insightful
Not only mexicans.
Yankee people they do am well well especially some dealers.
There are really evil cars on copart.
Some cars like that are on iAA but very few .
Iaa is king.
Cars are properly detailed.
Re: Are 'normal Wear' Cars On Copart Legit? by calculusx(m): 10:08am On Apr 29, 2018
Readonee35L:

Not only mexicans.
Yankee people they do am well well especially some dealers.
There are really evil cars on copart.
Some cars like that are on iAA but very few .
Iaa is king.
Cars are properly detailed.

These people are soo wicked that I imported a 4Runner limited edition, DVD was stolen, all the 4 factory Alloy rims that comes with it were changed to normal rim grin. At a point a truck driver went away with my 09 Corolla and no trace till date and some people will come here and praise the white people as if they are saints.

1 Like

Re: Are 'normal Wear' Cars On Copart Legit? by deathwing(m): 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
calculusx:

How can one differentiate insurance damage?
Re: Are 'normal Wear' Cars On Copart Legit? by calculusx(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
deathwing:

How can one differentiate insurance damage?

It will be stated
Re: Are 'normal Wear' Cars On Copart Legit? by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 30, 2018
My advice to direct purchasers, not dealers, is to find a 2 or 3-year-old lease return vehicle.

Auctions are best left to dealers who are mostly capable of absorbing the occasional bad purchases.

(1) (Reply)

Ford Says Driving Sports Car Is More Enjoyable Than Kissing & Watching Football / 1999 Toyota Camry Consumes Too Much Fuel / 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.