Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,076 members, 7,821,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture (1505 Views)

Akeredolu Commences Construction Of World-class Teaching Hospital In Akure / FG Renames Ebonyi University Teaching Hospital After Alex Ekwueme / Broad Street, Lagos In 1950 Vs Today (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by viviangist: 5:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
@VIVIANGIST

This picture of Ibadan teaching hospital in 1950 was posted by NG to the World (@SplufikNG) on Twitter.

Via : http://www.viviangist.ng/ibadan-teaching-hospital-1950/

Cc; lalasticlala

Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by josephine123: 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
nice
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by SalamRushdie: 5:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
Everything went downward after that unnecessary coup plot by Buhari in 1984

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by oladeebo: 5:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:
stop nonsense!
This is British administrative legacy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by samebony1: 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:
@SalamRushdie, Yes, we can appreciate your hatred of PMB, but you should be able to understand that between 1950 and 1984, we had 34 years. So explain kindly how "Everything went downward after that unnecessary coup plot by Buhari in 1984".

You need to be a bit objective in your comments

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by SalamRushdie: 5:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
oladeebo:

stop nonsense!
This is British administrative legacy!

So did the British take it with them? ..UCH was still one of the best hospitals in Africa till that unfortunate coup plot of 1984 Sir ...I spread facts not hate

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by Tolexander: 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Decree 34 scattered everything!

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by deedeedee1: 5:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Everything went downward after the 1966 coup

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by oladeebo: 5:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:

So did the British take it with them? ..UCH was still one of the best hospitals in Africa till that unfortunate coup plot of 1984 Sir ...I spread facts not hate
I said stop!
until 1973 the the British administration is still intact in Nigeria, and am telling you Nigerian is still British national till December 31 1982!
stop your deceit pls!
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by oladeebo: 5:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
deedeedee1:

Everything went downward after the 1966 coup
what a delusional!
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by mesoprogress(m): 5:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
Better than today. Chai. See how neat and arranged. Environment alone will make you feel better. What's actually wrong with us in Nigeria? Can't we do anything with selflessness and true service to humanity?

Everything must be done through contract and kick back. Righteousness exalts a nation, sin is a reproach to any people. You reap what you sow. We've sown corruption, unfairness, stepping on people's rights. How do we progress?

We need to repent and go back to God
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
cheesy grin angry

Old times are good times
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by juman(m): 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
Are you sure that picture is real.

Then 1950 was better than nowadays.
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by juman(m): 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
One nigeria turned out to be disaster.

Military generals primarily destroyed nigeria.
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by SalamRushdie: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
samebony1:

@SalamRushdie, Yes, we can appreciate your hatred of PMB, but you should be able to understand that between 1950 and 1984, we had 34 years. So explain kindly how "Everything went downward after that unnecessary coup plot by Buhari in 1984".

First and foremost I don't hate Buhari at all if not I wouldn't have voted for him in the last election , I only hate his style of leadership which can only take us backwards as a people ...now to Ur question I think you should as Buhari who Inherited a Nigerian Airways with 33 working planes , the most extensive functional rail network in Africa , a vibrant postal service then, 24 sepecatJaguars air superiority fighters, 18 Mig 21s, 24 Alpha jets, 29 L39 Albatross, 18 C 130s heavily lifters and 18 months down the line most were already gone down the drain via poor leadership that immediately put pressure on most sectors and they couldn't cope ..I believe UCH went down the same route
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by redsun(m): 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2017
juman:
Are you sure that picture is real.

Then 1950 was better than nowadays.

grin grin grin

It is obvious nigeria is on reverse mode.And don't forget that was ten years before the so-called independence,oyinbos were still in-charge.

Somebody should please show us the pictures of what it looks like now.
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by juman(m): 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
redsun:

grin grin grin

It is obvious nigeria is on reverse mode.And don't forget that was ten years before the so-called independence,oyinbos were still in-charge.

Somebody should please show us the pictures of what it looks like now.

Unfortunate country.

But the bad thing is that the apc government currently incharge is also a senseless unserious government.

nigera is not going forward but reversing as you said.
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by josephine123: 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by gnykelly(m): 6:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
samebony1:

up to the 80s things were still good.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by gnykelly(m): 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
Tolexander:
Decree 34 scattered everything!

so can you enlighten us a bit about decree 34
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by Tolexander: 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
gnykelly:

so can you enlighten us a bit about decree 34
so sorry bro!
It has been discussed here several times sir!
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/past-present-problem-decree-34-1966/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by tartar9(m): 7:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
This shouldn't be about how things were so good then. At the time the picture was taken,the Hospital was less than two years old.
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by gnykelly(m): 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
Tolexander:
so sorry bro!

It has been discussed here several times sir!

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/past-present-problem-decree-34-1966/

I think the decree was necessary considering the situation at hand seeing each region fallen apart in his very presence. he needed to ursurp power from the regions and show he is on top of situation.

fastforward today, I believe a confederation will best work for us.
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by samebony1: 10:06am On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

First and foremost I don't hate Buhari at all if not I wouldn't have voted for him in the last election , I only hate his style of leadership which can only take us backwards as a people ...now to Ur question I think you should as Buhari who Inherited a Nigerian Airways with 33 working planes , the most extensive functional rail network in Africa , a vibrant postal service then, 24 sepecatJaguars air superiority fighters, 18 Mig 21s, 24 Alpha jets, 29 L39 Albatross, 18 C 130s heavily lifters and 18 months down the line most were already gone down the drain via poor leadership that immediately put pressure on most sectors and they couldn't cope ..I believe UCH went down the same route

@ SalamRushdie, Buhari took over an economy under recession due to fall in global oil price and mismanagement by the Shagari administration. Buhari brought discipline to the nation and things were about picking up until IBB and his cohorts who were more interested in looting shoved him aside.
It was Babangida who crippled the Airforce after Squadron Leader Martin Luther alleged coup plot, C130 crash was under IBB, collapse of Nigeria Airways was also under IBB.

IBB instituted probes after probes to get something with which he can nail PMB but nothing came out.
So the person you should be asking is not PMB, but Babangida.
Re: Ibadan Teaching Hospital 1950 - Picture by Flexherbal(m): 10:19am On Sep 29, 2017
Better than some hospitals in 2017.

(1) (Reply)

Part 1. Current State Of The Nigerian Air Force. / Omoyele Sowore / Nigerians React To FG On Plans New Refinery Close To Niger Republic (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.