Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Doctors Help! An Extreamly Slim 5yrs Old Girl. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Help! An Extreamly Slim 5yrs Old Girl. (656 Views)

She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs / Doctors Help..i Don't Get My Early Morning Erections Again . For Some Years Now. / Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors Help! An Extreamly Slim 5yrs Old Girl. by Tarmpa: 3:01pm On Mar 05, 2010
Dear doctors & fellow n.landers in the house,pls help! What could have made my 5yrs old neace to be as slim as that? .I got back from d states shortly b4 val to visit my elder sister who lives at VGC lagos, only to discover that their 5yrs old 1st child was a scary sight to behold.The worse of all is that,this girl is'nt even sick at all,she plays arround like every other kids,goes to school and all that, But we're all very worried! How can a child born into such a very wealthy home look like that?.My sister is so worried that she's planing to fly her out of the country for checkup as soon as their school's on holidays, But i fear they may say the same thing as the nig doctors have said "Oh! dont be worried madam,the girl is medically fit".i'm so eager to know if there are special foods or drugs that can make a litle girl to be blumpy without side effect.Pls friends,this is real, your responds will be highly appreciated as i intend to show them to my sister and her husband.
Re: Doctors Help! An Extreamly Slim 5yrs Old Girl. by AqRiUsAge(f): 3:10pm On Mar 05, 2010
I was extremely underweight too when I was a child. My problem however, was that I was had anemia. Have them check her blood hemoglobin (which am guessing has already been checked but I'm suggesting this just in case). But honestly, how much does she weigh? What is her height? Some people arent meant to be big and alot of these people, tend to look underweight while they're kids.

I am no doctor, but I'd think it may be nothing. Do share more information though;

1. Her height and weight
2. If she has had her blood hemoglobin checked. If not, she may have anemia or pancytopenia
3. If she has ever had her thyroid level checked. If not, she may have hyperthyroidism.

Good luck
Re: Doctors Help! An Extreamly Slim 5yrs Old Girl. by dominique(f): 9:35am On Mar 06, 2010
for crying out loud, she's only five. give her time, let her grow. i was also really skinny at that age and i added a little weight as i grew older.
if she was anemic, she will have difficulty in sleeping and she'll be tired most of the time. we don't know how she'll look in a decade from now. maybe she'll be fleshy and curvy or maybe she could even be the next international model wink
Re: Doctors Help! An Extreamly Slim 5yrs Old Girl. by Tarmpa: 6:57pm On Mar 07, 2010
Thanks guys,she is'nt really anemic, she's gone through any of the medical test u can think of,but she's always negative,and doctors say that she's medically & physically fit.Dont mind us o, It's just that we thought she'll look like one of these kids with evidence of good living boldly writen on their body,but we were wrong. Though she's really very beautiful,sharp, and highly intelligent, U know,we're always scared that she may just break to pieces one day because of her stature, though she've proved us wrong so far,by always being so healthy that she can hardly feel even a minor headache. You see,maybe we should just let her be, But honestly,i wish there're medications that can really make her plump.
Re: Doctors Help! An Extreamly Slim 5yrs Old Girl. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2010
Just makes sure she gets a balanced diets including fruits and vegetables. Kids are usually very slim anyway because of their high metabolism and high activity.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Remain Youthful / Hiv +ve Fiancé - What Do I Do / Crack/noise In The Knee Joint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.