Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs (37944 Views)

"N1Bn Worth Of HIV Drugs Expired In Storage" - Health Minister / When Last You Check Your HIV Status? / Help! My Aunty Is Hiding Her HIV Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by bolliejay(m): 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
A colleague's brother is a doctor with like two years experience, in one of the General hospitals. He helped deliver a woman who already has two children.

During the post-delivery treatment, the curious husband asked why his wife required such. The doctor told the hubby that the woman needed all that treatment since she is HIV positive.

The husband was shocked as he didn't know her status.In fact she has been HIV since before they got married.

The man left and never returned. The doctor defended his actions as he claimed her file clearly states she has HIV before marriage, which is over 5years now, so he thought the hubby knew her status.

The question is, was it ethical to have disclosed the woman's status to her husband, and if no, what are the likely consquences of his action

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by mhizpeaarl(f): 8:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
Heartless woman. Smh

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Noloss(f): 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by pwerrymansion(f): 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
That lady is wicked! What a monsterous behaviour! For five years?? Haba! shocked

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 1stola: 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
bolliejay:
A colleague's bro is a doc(like 2yrs exp) in one of the General hospital. He help delivered a woman(she already hv 2kids)....during the post-delivery treatment....the curious husband asked y his wify required such. The doc told the hubby that the wify needed all dat since she is HIV positive. The hubby was shocked as he didn't knw her status.....infact she has HIV before they got married.........The hubby left and neva returned.....The doc defended his actions as he claimed her file clearly states she has HIV before marriage which is over 5years. So he tat the hubby knw the status. The question is, it ethical to disclose her status to her hubby.....and if not wat are the likely consquences of his action
Are you okay?
Ask yourself first ; If your wife is HIV positive, is she supposed to tell you?
Use your brain.
If a wife hides such from me, i could kill her.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Dyt(f): 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
Chai
Osanobua
Iyelemele ooo
Chai
Chai
Chai

2 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by bolliejay(m): 8:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
1stola:

Are you okay?
Use your brain.
Wat are you saying?
She was HIV positive before they got married and she neva disclosed her status. Wat if all the 3kids r infected now?
And back to your question, am perfectly ok

15 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Ahmed0336(m): 8:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
Chai!!!!! d wife no try @ all embarassed

1 Like

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 1stola: 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
bolliejay:

Wat are you saying?
She was HIV positive before they got married and she neva disclosed her status. Wat if all the 3kids r infected now?
Exactly.
Your reasoning is quite myopic.
In such situation, you don't have a choice. Personally, i will kill a wife who hides that from me.

2 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 20, 2015
bolliejay:

Wat are you saying?
can u get married to ur wife without knowing her status

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by fsb(m): 7:20am On Apr 20, 2015
This happens more often than not.

When dealing with hiv patients, I think one of the more important questions is whether or not they have disclosed their status to anyone else as part of counseling.

If the client says, I have not told my spouse then the health care worker is not in a position to disclose the information except with the approval of the client.

47 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Chikebrain: 7:27am On Apr 20, 2015
It's over ethical to disclose spouse Hiv status to spouse as long as They are married. More so, it's of importance that couples do a medical checkup before marriage.

1 Like

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Ariyke: 8:28am On Apr 20, 2015
5 yrs and she didn't tell him? That's bad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 20, 2015
I blame the man as well,for not properly knowing his spouses status.

8 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by kay1one2(m): 10:49am On Apr 20, 2015
Had a similar case. Been begging the woman to talk. For where?!!!
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Readonee35L(m): 10:49am On Apr 20, 2015
Wicked
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by DICKtator: 10:50am On Apr 20, 2015
How do people get married without doing background check?

No medical check?

I'm sure he doesn't even know her genotype!!

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by omicron(m): 10:50am On Apr 20, 2015
I have had similar experience. The wife hid her HIV positive status from the husband till her death, and we as doctors learnt that at the point of her death. She still insisted no one should tell him. She died few hours after.

As a doctor, you should always ask an HIV positive person the people she has confided in regarding her status, and whom she would want you to disclose to. Whenever possible, this should be in writing.

No doctor has a right or duty to divulge any patient's information to another person, no matter how "close", even when the patient is dead. Unless in a case where non-disclosure of such information poses danger to the community...eg Ebola, lassa fever, etc.

The modern physician's Oath is there in my display pic

23 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by kay1one2(m): 10:50am On Apr 20, 2015
fsb:
This happens more often than not.

When dealing with hiv patients, I think one of the more important questions is whether or not they have disclosed their status to anyone else as part of counseling.

If the client says, I have not told my spouse then the health care worker is not in a position to disclose the information except with the approval of the client.

It all depends on the patient not the care giver to disclose information. Or get sued! True.

1 Like

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 20, 2015
The woman is wuuuuuuuuuuked!
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by tiamiyukunle69(m): 10:51am On Apr 20, 2015
She should have disclosed it to her hubby
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by MadCow1: 10:51am On Apr 20, 2015
bolliejay:
A colleague's brother is a doctor with like two years experience, in one of the General hospitals. He helped deliver a woman who already has two children.

During the post-delivery treatment, the curious husband asked why his wife required such. The doctor told the hubby that the woman needed all that treatment since she is HIV positive.

The husband was shocked as he didn't know her status.In fact she has been HIV since before they got married.

The man left and never returned. The doctor defended his actions as he claimed her file clearly states she has HIV before marriage, which is over 5years now, so he thought the hubby knew her status.

The question is, was it ethical to have disclosed the woman's status to her husband, and if no, what are the likely consquences of his action

The Doctor would lose his license if the woman sues him..

A patients case file and condition is subject to Doctor patient confidentiality clause.

It's not the doctors place to inform her husband.

15 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 20, 2015
shocked

The man is also a careless man!
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by mulattoclaro(m): 10:51am On Apr 20, 2015
Nigerian girls sha. One of the reasons I always blast them here on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Genea(f): 10:54am On Apr 20, 2015
ewas d man so drunk in love dat he refused to do d required tests before marriage cos I see no reason y it shouldnt have been noticed before marriage
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by lonelydora: 10:55am On Apr 20, 2015
Hian
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by godoluwa(m): 10:55am On Apr 20, 2015
1stola:

Are you okay?
Use your brain.
ask urself dis question 1st
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by obumkeke(m): 10:56am On Apr 20, 2015
from one perspective... I call it wickedness because she might have known her status but selfishness didn't let her tell her husband before and after they got married... on the other hand the doctor would have verified from the Lady while treating her if her spouse knew, just in case he ask...that would have been more professional than jumping into spilling such sensitive information.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by IOAGEM: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2015
The man will probably leave with the deceit from the woman for the rest of his life,the damage done to the man (phylosophycally) is far more huge than the implications of the revelation of the doctor on the woman.
I pity the man.

4 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by just2simple: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2015
I think d woman is nt havin d best interest of her hubby at heart. she should hav let her knw abt it so dat he could protect hmself. some women ar wicked sha.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 List Of STD's And Symptoms We May Or May Not Know / 14-Year-Old Pregnant Girl Commits Suicide In Nasarawa / Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.