Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners (11831 Views)

Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu: 12 Things You Didn't Know About New NNPC GMD-Theyesng.com / Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters / Report: NNPC top mgt to go, accounts to be probed-Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by edoyad(m): 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2010
^ Tell who what bitter truth ? What north are you referring to ?
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by biina: 9:49pm On Mar 05, 2010
nurexg:

@ Biina
My correct man you are here the game is over. Tell them the bitter true.
Dont get excited as you are no better than them, and were willing to defend (if true) the point of 86% of the management of the largest Nigerian parastatal being from the north.
If the allegations were true, it would indeed be unacceptable. I am not a northerner, and I wasnt trying to defend the north blindly, but simply wanted  people to stick to the truth and leave ethnic bias, bigotry and presuppositions out of issues.

The author of the article, and others like him, prey on the ingrown ethnic bigotry of many to cause dissension and strife. The thread was already degenerating into mudslinging. The author failed to tell us from where the exiting management staff were from, and who replaced the new appointees in their old posts. He wanted to mislead people, and it is a shame that so many fell for it. NNPC becuase of its position, pays great attention to ethnic balance.
It is not a coincidence that there are six directorates headed by people from the 6 regions (P.O. Chukwu (SE); A. B. Yusuf (NE  ) A. O. Oniwon (NC) M.A. Arokodare (SW) A.A. Babakusa (NE); F. A. AbbiyeSuku (SS)).

If any person in office acts inappropriately or abuses his position, Nigerians should be able to condemn him without regards to his origins, and if anyone does what is right, we should credit and commend accordingly. Using stereotypes and ethnic arrogance will get us nowhere. Anyone that has traveled around Nigeria will observe that poverty and oppression is not localized to any region of the country. Suffer head full everywhere
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by edoyad(m): 10:00pm On Mar 05, 2010
True Suffer head full every where, but some seem to be very comfortable living in it.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Beaf: 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2010
biina: . . .
If any person in office acts inappropriately or abuses his position, Nigerians should be able to condemn him without regards to his origins, and if anyone does what is right, we should credit and commend accordingly. Using stereotypes and ethnic arrogance will get us nowhere. Anyone that has traveled around Nigeria will observe that poverty and oppression is not localized to any region of the country. Suffer head full everywhere

Stereotypes and ethnic arrogance? Daft.

The above statement makes no sense. You can't talk from both sides of your mouth. If there is sectionalism or tribalism being practised somewhere, it must be pointed out. Several violations have recently been reported to the senate. No point talking glibly about what you don't know.

Accusing the reporters of stereotyping and ethnic arrogance, is just ar'se licking taken to the limit.

It seems all of the press have caught your "stereotyping and arrogance" bug.

[size=14pt]Lukman Backs Barkindo On Northernisation Of NNPC [/size]
INDICATIONS have emerged that Dr. Rilwan Lukman, Minister of Petroleum Resources, is responsible for the mass replacement of qualified senior officials from the south of Nigeria in the   Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) with new officials being recruited from the  states in the north.

Recently, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources was redeployed for protesting  the appointment of Dr. Mohammed Barkindo, Group Managing Director of NNPC as the governor of  the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).

This position,  in the past, was consistently occupied by  Permanent Secretary of the Petroleum Ministry  and Head of Petroleum Inspectorate Division, now Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), since Nigeria joined OPEC.

A senior official of the Petroleum Ministry disclosed in Abuja during the week that Lukman has consistently frustrated other board members of NNPC from bringing an end  to the recruitment of mainly top officials from the north  taking over from qualified southern officials.

This backdoor recruitment,  which was started few months ago by  Barkindo, it was gathered, involves placing  new officials from the north as general managers, managers and deputy managers above those already in service without promotion for several years.

The implementation of the northernisation project, the official said, was enhanced by major changes made by President Umaru Yar’Adua  in NNPC whereby 67 top senior management staff were redeployed in July 2009.

In the changes approved by Yar’Adua during the period, 13 senior officials of the corporation were retired.

Our source said further: “To strengthen the recruitment of northern candidates into key positions in the corporation, key officials from the north were approved for the replacement of officials affected by the changes at the group human resources of NNPC.”

The new appointees  included Dr. Attahiru Yusuf, Group Executive Director (GED) Corporate Services; Mr. Auwalu Abubakar, (GGM) of  Group Human Resources; Hajia  M. Sanni, General Manager of Human Resources Division and Malam I.M Bawa, General Manager, Admin Services.

“From the top positions being occupied by officials from the north, it is clear that it will not take a year before NNPC will eventually be dominated mainly by northerners  because  the recruitment organ of NNPC is manned only by northerners,” he noted.

The source added that several northerners have been employed by the NNPC through the backdoor without following due process of employment and input of other board members. He added that these young northerners were placed in management positions, whereas there are several  qualified staff of the corporation who are  in positions of chief officers for several years without promotion.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/front-page-articles/402-lukman-backs-barkindo-on-northernisation-of-nnpc.html
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by RichyBlacK(m): 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2010
biina:

That now depends on what the old distribution was, and what things look like after the new appointment i.e. how many positions changed hands, and/or was there an existing imbalance being corrected or worsened.

For example Attahiru Yusuf became GED of the corporate  services and replaced another northerner in Ibrahim Waziri. Both men are from the North-East zone. Yusuf was formerly GGM Corporate Planning Department (under the GMDs office), he was replaced by Dr. Tim Okon, a southerner. So that move essentially cost the north a position.

biina,

You're right! There is no way to make any meaningful conclusions without knowing the prior distribution. Your argument is tight; I rest my case.

My quarrel was with nurexg who made these baseless statements:

nurexg:

to all anti-north. The north is what is keeping this nation on his feet. Tell me if the north and south are separate country, who will rule you guyz over there if the yorubas or igbos or ijaws or effik. My brothers stop this hate. The former NNPC boss was a southerner during OBASANJO. So u can tell Wetin this short time the northerners full that place, or simply just base on merit, because it was found that most of the southerners have fake results and fake universities.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by biina: 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2010
Beaf:

Stereotypes and ethnic arrogance? Daft.

The above statement makes no sense. You can't talk from both sides of your mouth. If there is sectionalism or tribalism being practised somewhere, it must be pointed out. Several violations have recently been reported to the senate. No point talking glibly about what you don't know.

Accusing the reporters of stereotyping and ethnic arrogance, is just ar'se licking taken to the limit.

It seems all of the press have caught your "stereotyping and arrogance" bug.

Firstly, the reference to stereotypes and ethnic arrogance was not directed at the reporters per se, but to people like you who feel they and/or other southerners are inherently superior to anyone from the north.
If tribalism is being practiced, it should be pointed out, but you should not in your eagerness to discredit others, misrepresent and/or misinterpret the facts.
Unfortunately, your leopard will not be shedding its spots anytime soon.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Alxmyr(m): 10:46pm On Mar 05, 2010
Beaf:

The math is exceedingly simple;

[size=14pt](2 / 14) x 100 = 14.29%

100 - 14 = 86%[/size]

Ur maths was wrong
100-14.29=85.71
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Beaf: 10:49pm On Mar 05, 2010
biina:

Firstly, the reference to stereotypes and ethnic arrogance was not directed at the reporters per se, but to people like you who feel they and/or other southerners are inherently superior to anyone from the north.
If tribalism is being practiced, it should be pointed out, but you should not in your eagerness to discredit others, misrepresent and/or misinterpret the facts.
Unfortunately, your leopard will not be shedding its spots anytime soon.

Don't be a clown. I don't feel in the least superior to even a new born baby.

Secondly, why the dishonesty? You practically denied that there was anything untoward in the NNPC recruitments. You claim the author did not provide a breakdown of before and after. . . But then, neither did you. If the authors conclusions are wrong because he did not provide before and after statistics; since you too did not give those stats, how did you draw the conclusions below? On what basis have you crucified the author while pouring godly praise on NNPC recruitment standards? shocked shocked shocked

biina:
. . .
The author of the article, and others like him, prey on the ingrown ethnic bigotry of many to cause dissension and strife. The thread was already degenerating into mudslinging. The author failed to tell us from where the exiting management staff were from, and who replaced the new appointees in their old posts. He wanted to mislead people, and it is a shame that so many fell for it. NNPC becuase of its position, pays great attention to ethnic balance.
It is not a coincidence that there are six directorates headed by people from the 6 regions (P.O. Chukwu (SE); A. B. Yusuf (NE  ) A. O. Oniwon (NC) M.A. Arokodare (SW) A.A. Babakusa (NE); F. A. AbbiyeSuku (SS)). . .
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Jarus(m): 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
Lying in front of me now is the distribution of NNPC staff(Mgt and Non-Mgt) by state and region, as published by NNPC in today's edition of The Nation.

NNPC MANAGEMENT STAFF DISTRIBUTION
DELTA 77
ANAMBRA 75
RIVERS 67
OGUN 62
EDO  54
IMO 50
AKWA IBOM 45
KOGI 40
KADUNA 38
OYO 39
LAGOS 36
ABIA 33
OSUN 31
ADAMAWA 27
BORNO 25
KWARA 25
CROSS RIVER 25
KANO 23
KATSINA 23
ONDO 23
NIGER 18
EKITI 15
ENUGU 11
BAUCHI 10
KEBBI 10
BAYELSA 10
YOBE 9
GOMBE 8
PLATEAU 8
BENUE 7
TARABA 7
JIGAWA 5
SOKOTO 5
NASARAWA 4
EBONYI 2
ZAMFARA 2

BY GEO-POLITICAL ZONE(MGT STAFF)
SOUTH SOUTH        277
SOUTH-WEST         204
SOUTH-EAST          166
NORTH-WEST        106
NORTH CENTRAL   102
NORTH EAST           86

There are other statistics, which I don't have time to be typing here, but all show that the news above is orchestrated.

Check The Nation newspaper of today.

Let anybody with contrary facts publish his statistics, and stop quoting figures from eth air.

I don't know when this mutual mistrust and unfounded alarmism will stop!!!
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Beaf: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2010
Alxmyr:

your maths was wrong
100-14.29=85.71

By your masure, you are wrong also. What do you think about this? grin grin grin grin

(2 / 14) x 100 = 14.285714285714285714285714285714%

100 - 14.285714285714285714285714285714 = 85.71428571428571428571428571429%
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Beaf: 10:56pm On Mar 05, 2010
@Jarus

We are talking only about top managers, not all managers. It makes a huge difference.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by honeric01(m): 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2010
Beaf:

By your masure, you are wrong also. What do you think about this? grin grin grin grin

(2 / 14) x 100 = 14.285714285714285714285714285714%

100 - 14.285714285714285714285714285714 = 85.71428571428571428571428571429%

According to your calculation, who's the unfortunate .2285714285714285714285714285714? undecided
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Beaf: 10:59pm On Mar 05, 2010
^
Abeg, free me and ask Alxmyr, the man of accuracy.
He might point it out that its actually 0.285714285714285714285714285714 not 0.2285714285714285714285714285714 grin
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by biina: 11:00pm On Mar 05, 2010
Beaf:

Don't be a clown. I don't feel in the least superior to even a new born baby.

Secondly, why the dishonesty? You practically denied that there was anything untoward in the NNPC recruitments. You claim the author did not provide a breakdown of before and after. . . But then, neither did you. If the author conclusions are wrong because he did not provide before and after statistics; sinse you too did not give those stats, how did you draw the conclusions below? On what basis have you crucified the author while pouring godly praise on NNPC recruitment standards? shocked shocked shocked

The author used 14 appointments to wrongfully insinuate that the management of NNPC was being taken over by the northerners, which was far from the truth. I provided examples that showed that several of the NNPC boards were not dominated by northerners.

From Jaurus data

SOUTH SOUTH        277(29%)
SOUTH-WEST         204 (22%)
SOUTH-EAST          166 (18%)
NORTH-WEST        106 (11%)
NORTH CENTRAL   102 (11%)
NORTH EAST           86 (9%)

Overall, only 31% are from the north.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Jarus(m): 11:10pm On Mar 05, 2010
Beaf:

@Jarus

We are talking only about top managers, not all managers. It makes a huge difference.
Okay, from the stats I have with me here, there are 36 Senior managers(levels 1-3).
The only person in level 1 (barkindo) is from Adamawa. The next person and only the person in level 2 is from Edo. there are 34 in level 3, with Katsina and Oyo having 3 each. Abia, Imo, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara(I'll also fill that spot one day insha Allah grin), Ogun and Rivers have 2 each, and Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Borno, Delta, Edo, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Osun all have 1 each.

The following states do not have anybody in Senior mgt level(1-3): Anambra, Bayelsa, Benue, Cross Rivers, Ebonyi, FCT, Gombe, Jigawa, Nasarawa, Ondo, Plateau, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara.

I don't think this statistics is skewed in favour of any region.

However, if the NEW appointments is what shored up the northern percentage to even that 31%, then this may call for alarm, but it may be argued by the same token that they have been marginalized all these days. I took that news seriously only because it's from Businessday which is not known for undue ethnic cries.
I personally know one of the new appointees(a top notch in my company) and he is a northerner.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Beaf: 11:10pm On Mar 05, 2010
biina:

The author used 14 appointments to wrongfully insinuate that the management of NNPC was being taken over by the northerners, which was far from the truth. I provided examples that showed that several of the NNPC boards were not dominated by northerners.

From Jaurus data

SOUTH SOUTH        277(29%)
SOUTH-WEST         204 (22%)
SOUTH-EAST          166 (18%)
NORTH-WEST        106 (11%)
NORTH CENTRAL   102 (11%)
NORTH EAST           86 (9%)

Overall, only 31% are from the north.

Like I said, Jarus figures are meaningless in the context of this argument. It isn't about all managers, it is about top managers.

Are you aware that several issues were raised by the Federal Character Commission (FCC), as well as the Senate Committee on Federal Character?
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by biina: 11:19pm On Mar 05, 2010
Beaf:

Like I said, Jarus figures are meaningless in the context of this argument. It isn't about all managers, it is about top managers.

Are you aware that several issues were raised by the Federal Character Commission (FCC), as well as the Senate Committee on Federal Character?
top managers? please define. Whichever level at which you pull, I doubt you would ever find the northerners being in the majority, and the article itself did not claim so.

Complaints I have heard about NNPC staff distribution has been that it was lopsided towards the south-south (about 30%, see http://allafrica.com/stories/200908241041.html), which i personally have no problem with given the geographical location of the resource. If you have references for the ones you had in mind please share.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Beaf: 11:45pm On Mar 05, 2010
biina:

top managers? please define. Whichever level at which you pull, I doubt you would ever find the northerners being in the majority, and the article itself did not claim so.

Complaints I have heard about NNPC staff distribution has been that it was lopsided towards the south-south (about 30%, see http://allafrica.com/stories/200908241041.html), which i personally have no problem with given the geographical location of the resource. If you have references for the ones you had in mind please share.

By Jarus figures, the following is a list of the number of top managers from the south-south oil producing states
Edo (2)
Rivers (2)
Akwa Ibom (1)
Delta (1)
Bayelsa (0)
Cross River (0)
Ondo (0)
Anambra (0) - not South South, but has massive oil reserves

It becomes stark when the figures are broken down. Instead of 30%, thats 17%.

. . .Katsina (3) shocked
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by biina: 1:10am On Mar 06, 2010
For level 1-3 (1 +1 +34 =36?)
North East (5): Adamawa (2), Bauchi(1), Borno(1), Gombe(0), Taraba(0), Yobe(1)
North West(8 ): Kaduna(2), Katsina(3), Kano(2), Kebbi(1), Sokoto(0), Jigawa(0), Zamfara(0)
North Central (4): Benue(0), Kogi(1), Kwara(2), Nasarawa(0), Niger(1), Plateau(0)
South East (5): Anambra(0), Enugu(1), Imo(2), Abia(2), Ebonyi(0)
South West(6): Lagos(1), Ekiti(1), Oyo(3), Osun(1), Ondo(0), Ogun(1)
South South (6): Akwa Ibom(1), Cross River(0), Edo(2), Delta(1), Rivers(2), Bayelsa(0)

North 17 South 17? undecided
Jaurus numbers doesnt seem to add up for level 3 management and he quoted Ogun 2x

Ideally you would want 6 seats per region and 1 per state, but that is impractical, as there will always be temporary imbalance. You can make a case for the NW (and particularly Katsina) edging their neighbors, but you cannot accuse the North of having an overwhelming majority over the south.

As per oil producing states, there are 9 oil producing states: Southsouth - Bayelsa, Delta, Rivers State, Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, and Edo; Southeast - Abia and Imo; and Southwest - Ondo. In total they have 10 out of 34 positions which is 30% and fair enough given that they are 9 of 36 states (25%). Anambra is not yet an oil producing state to my knowledge.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Beaf: 1:34am On Mar 06, 2010
^
There are three fundamental holes in the analysis above. They are;
[list]
[li]The size of the pool of qualified candidates each state can provide[/li]
[li]Compensation for the percentage of oil revenue each state delivers[/li]
[li]Compensation for the location of oil wells[/li]
[/list]

The above unearths serious questions as to why the following obtains;
Bayelsa (0)
Cross River (0)
Ondo (0)

It is difficult to believe that the above states cannot fill their quota's and provide even a single candidate, but Katsina alone, can produce 3. There is definitely merit to the report (assuming the accuracy of Jarus figures).
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Ibime(m): 2:34am On Mar 06, 2010
biina:

For level 1-3 (1 +1 +34 =36?)
North East (5): Adamawa (2), Bauchi(1), Borno(1), Gombe(0), Taraba(0), Yobe(1)
North West(8 ): Kaduna(2), Katsina(3), Kano(2), Kebbi(1), Sokoto(0), Jigawa(0), Zamfara(0)
North Central (4): Benue(0), Kogi(1), Kwara(2), Nasarawa(0), Niger(1), Plateau(0)
South East (5): Anambra(0), Enugu(1), Imo(2), Abia(2), Ebonyi(0)
South West(6): Lagos(1), Ekiti(1), Oyo(3), Osun(1), Ondo(0), Ogun(1)
South South (6): Akwa Ibom(1), Cross River(0), Edo(2), Delta(1), Rivers(2), Bayelsa(0)

North 17 South 17? undecided
Jaurus numbers doesnt seem to add up for level 3 management and he quoted Ogun 2x

Ideally you would want 6 seats per region and 1 per state, but that is impractical, as there will always be temporary imbalance. You can make a case for the NW (and particularly Katsina) edging their neighbors, but you cannot accuse the North of having an overwhelming majority over the south.

As per oil producing states, there are 9 oil producing states: Southsouth - Bayelsa, Delta, Rivers State, Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, and Edo; Southeast - Abia and Imo; and Southwest - Ondo. In total they have 10 out of 34 positions which is 30% and fair enough given that they are 9 of 36 states (25%). Anambra is not yet an oil producing state to my knowledge.

Since when did NNPC become a political post that we should allocate management positions according to tribe?

Can you please tell me the ethnic demographics of the Nigerian Army?. . .  lets see whether the North like to keep to Federal Character when it comes to bearing arms.

My pops and many other Niger-Deltans won Shell Scholarships to study in the UK, only to come home and find incompetent bozos running the NNPC and such.

If we are to go by merit, go and find the percentage of Northerners working for Shell, and that should give you an accurate reflection of what percentage the North should make up at NNPC.

NNPC is a technical post, not a political one.

This is why Nigeria is dying dead.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by biina: 2:47am On Mar 06, 2010
While I agree that the above 3 oil producing states should be represented (particular with Katsina and Oyo having more than a fair share), your other 3 points are not valid, as the NNPC is a federal parastatal and should reflect the federal character accordingly. You cannot switch between quota and federalism whenever it suits you. Moreso the evenness is at the top and as you proceed downward the dominance of the south and south-south in particular increases.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Beaf: 3:00am On Mar 06, 2010
biina:

While I agree that the above 3 oil producing states should be represented (particular with Katsina and Oyo having more than a fair share), your other 3 points are not valid, as the NNPC is a federal parastatal and should reflect the federal character accordingly. You cannot switch between quota and federalism whenever it suits you. Moreso the evenness is at the top and as you proceed downward the dominance of the south and south-south in particular increases.

While I await your answer to Ibime's question about the army; I wll counter your suggestion above, first with morality / equity and next with the fact that the concept of catchment areas is fundamental to both federalism and the quota system. Therefore, the following are 100% relevant;

[list]
[/list]

There is no reason (but bare faced cheating) why Katsina should have 3 top NNPC managers, while the following oil producing states have zero;
Bayelsa (0)
Cross River (0)
Ondo (0)
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by EzeUche(m): 5:24am On Mar 06, 2010
I definitely do not care. Oil is a curse to Nigeria. I wish it would dry up, so that we could focus on other industries such as agriculture and tapping into our mineral resources. Plus, providing services such as in IT would be a plus. Following the Chinese model of industrialization is what Nigerians should be focused on, not who is getting oil appointments. Improve your regions and shut up. There is work that needs to be done.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by biina: 6:15am On Mar 06, 2010
Beaf:

While I await your answer to Ibime's question about the army; I wll counter your suggestion above, first with morality / equity and next with the fact that the concept of catchment areas is fundamental to both federalism and the quota system. Therefore, the following are 100% relevant;

[list]
[/list]

There is no reason (but bare faced cheating) why Katsina should have 3 top NNPC managers, while the following oil producing states have zero;
Bayelsa (0)
Cross River (0)
Ondo (0)
I have already answered your question. Bayelsa, Cross river, and Ondo, deserve slots at the expense of Katsina and Oyo. This is on the basis of federal character, and not in because of pool of candidates, oil reserve nor location of wells. Its a federal parastatal, and the constitution says it should maintain a representation of federal character.

As to Ibime's question on the army, the distribution of personnel in the entire military is reflective of willingness to join and not of any deliberate ploy by some to dominate it. For example you will find a lot more south-south ethnic groups in the Navy.
The top military personnel are
Chief of Defence Staff: Air Chief Marshal Paul Dike
Chief of Army Staff: Lt-General Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau
Chief of Air Staff: Air Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin
Chief of Naval Staff: Vice Admiral Isaiah Iko Ibrahim
Inspector-General of Police: Ogbonnaya Onovo
UN Military Adviser for Peacekeeping Operations, UN Headquaters – New York: Lt-General Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor
With only Ibrahim and Dambazu being northerners

A look at the top brass of the army specifically in terms of command shows
Lt-General Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau Chief of Army Staff
Major-General Kamaldeen Role General Officer Commanding, 1 Division, Kaduna
Major-General Lawrence Ngubane General Officer Commanding, 2 Division, Ibadan
Major-General Saleh Maina General Officer Commanding, 3 Division, Jos
Major-General Eugene Nwanguma General Officer Commanding 81 Division, Lagos
Major-General Mohammed Isah General Officer Commanding, 82 Division, Enugu
with 3 of the 6 senior officers being southerners.

A longer list of army posting is available at  http://maxsiollun./2009/11/08/nigerian-army-chronicle-of-command-2/

I cannot observe any major bias like Ibime insinuated.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by rethink: 10:02am On Mar 06, 2010
@biina

You are welcome to the side of the Optimistic few.

1) There are a lot of people like Beaf on Nairaland.
2) Some have come with the same mindset that you now have and are now tribal bigots
3) Have it at the back of your mind that they want to capture you in a stereotype of tribe They will try to make you angry so that you can loose focus.
4) It is is a war of divide and rule and they want to capture and put you in the same bondage of Tribalism they now are.
5) They want you to be tools in the hands of the Parasitic Elite just as they are.
6) Always have it at the back of your mind that the IDEAL is not tribe. THE FASCIST GROUP OF PARASITIC ELITES KNOW THIS BUT ACT AS THOUGH IT IS THE LANGUAGE THEY SPEAK THAT MAKES THEM WHO THEY ARE THEREBY CONFUSING THEIR ARMY OF BLINDED PUN TRIBAL BIGOTS.
7) Their Parasitic Elites Fascist Masters will allow there kids to marry outside their tribes and you will see on OVATION
8 ) Their Parasitic Elite Fascist Masters will allow Lawyers that are not from their tribe to defend them in court.
9) You can NEVER GET RID of the Parasitic Elite you can only reduce them and cut of their power which is the Pessimistic Majority.

Let us Educate ourselves

A governor state can complain of money not being available for a state because the state is waiting for the Federal government.
To trap the Federal government the state really needs to show that it really needs money for the development.
The Trap is then created in the form of bad roads Slums very bad sanitary conditions so that when you go to other state you will say they are eating our oil money and then the politicians will use the tribal bigots to mirror the situation.

You will notice that as the state government does this so does the local government and the ward government Youwill see the state is very weak but the governor weild more power. I must however say there are exceptions of these Governors.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2010
mend should target these besterds too.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by ojimboIV: 10:40am On Mar 06, 2010
the BIG question is 'CAN THEY DELIVER'?
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by Beaf: 11:34am On Mar 06, 2010
rethink:

@biina

You are welcome to the side of the Optimistic few.

1) There are a lot of people like Beaf on Nairaland.
2) Some have come with the same mindset that you now have and are now tribal bigots
3) Have it at the back of your mind that they want to capture you in a stereotype of tribe They will try to make you angry so that you can loose focus.
4) It is is a war of divide and rule and they want to capture and put you in the same bondage of Tribalism they now are.
5) They want you to be tools in the hands of the Parasitic Elite just as they are.
6) Always have it at the back of your mind that the IDEAL is not tribe. THE FASCIST GROUP OF PARASITIC ELITES KNOW THIS BUT ACT AS THOUGH IT IS THE LANGUAGE THEY SPEAK THAT MAKES THEM WHO THEY ARE THEREBY CONFUSING THEIR ARMY OF BLINDED PUN TRIBAL BIGOTS.
7) Their Parasitic Elites Fascist Masters will allow there kids to marry outside their tribes and you will see on OVATION
8 ) Their Parasitic Elite Fascist Masters will allow Lawyers that are not from their tribe to defend them in court.
9) You can NEVER GET RID of the Parasitic Elite you can only reduce them and cut of their power which is the Pessimistic Majority.

Let us Educate ourselves

A governor state can complain of money not being available for a state because the state is waiting for the Federal government.
To trap the Federal government the state really needs to show that it really needs money for the development.
The Trap is then created in the form of bad roads Slums very bad sanitary conditions so that when you go to other state you will say they are eating our oil money and then the politicians will use the tribal bigots to mirror the situation.

You will notice that as the state government does this so does the local government and the ward government Youwill see the state is very weak but the governor weild more power. I must however say there are exceptions of these Governors.

As soon as you recognise that we are talking about states here, not tribe; you will realise that what you have there is an extraordinary ton of rubbish. The very sort of confused rubbish that the corrupt govt uses to blind us.

The problems we have pointed out are visible, even to the blind.

Since you are clever enough to see our arguments as tribalistic, please tell me why Katsina should have 3 top NNPC managers, while the following oil producing states have zero;
Bayelsa (0)
Cross River (0)
Ondo (0)

Does Katsina produce more graduates than either of those states?
While you are at it, please convince us why those pointing out the glaring truth are being tribalistic.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by edoyad(m): 11:45am On Mar 06, 2010
biina:

I have already answered your question. Bayelsa, Cross river, and Ondo, deserve slots at the expense of Katsina and Oyo. This is on the basis of federal character, and not in because of pool of candidates, oil reserve nor location of wells. Its a federal parastatal, and the constitution says it should maintain a representation of federal character.

As to Ibime's question on the army, the distribution of personnel in the entire military is reflective of willingness to join and not of any deliberate ploy by some to dominate it. For example you will find a lot more south-south ethnic groups in the Navy.
The top military personnel are
Chief of Defence Staff: Air Chief Marshal Paul Dike
Chief of Army Staff: Lt-General Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau
Chief of Air Staff: Air Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin
Chief of Naval Staff: Vice Admiral Isaiah Iko Ibrahim
Inspector-General of Police: Ogbonnaya Onovo
UN Military Adviser for Peacekeeping Operations, UN Headquaters – New York: Lt-General Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor
With only Ibrahim and Dambazu being northerners

A look at the top brass of the army specifically in terms of command shows
Lt-General Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau Chief of Army Staff
Major-General Kamaldeen Role General Officer Commanding, 1 Division, Kaduna
Major-General Lawrence Ngubane General Officer Commanding, 2 Division, Ibadan
Major-General Saleh Maina General Officer Commanding, 3 Division, Jos
Major-General Eugene Nwanguma General Officer Commanding 81 Division, Lagos
Major-General Mohammed Isah General Officer Commanding, 82 Division, Enugu
with 3 of the 6 senior officers being southerners.

A longer list of army posting is available at  http://maxsiollun./2009/11/08/nigerian-army-chronicle-of-command-2/

I cannot observe any major bias like Ibime insinuated.

Iko from southern kaduna is middle belt to be specific. When Obasanjo had Air marshal Wuyep(plateau state) as chief of Airstaff, Agwai as Army and i think Adekeye from Kwara as navy chief, all of them from the middle belt, the hausa people were still crying marginalisation in the military. so is it now that Iko who is from the same LG as Martin Luter Agwai has suddenly become a northerner ?
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by nduchucks: 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2010
edoyad:

Iko from southern kaduna is middle belt to be specific. When Obasanjo had Air marshal Wuyep(plateau state) as chief of Airstaff, Agwai as Army and i think Adekeye from Kwara as navy chief, all of them from the middle belt, the hausa people were still crying marginalisation in the military. so is it now that Iko who is from the same LG as Martin Luter Agwai has suddenly become a northerner

You can claim that people from the middle belt are not Northerners, but the rest of the world knows that they are Northerners.  Middle belt my behind.   Yes some states may be classified for political explorationary reasons, but people from those state do not sudden stop being Northerners.

Iko is a blood Northerner, albeit a non hausa/fulani.
Re: 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners by tpiah: 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2010
beaf is on Nairaland for one main reason: to embarrass and rubbish southerners.

Most of his threads and posts make people cringe at the level of utter trashiness he displays.

at the end of the day he may not even be Nigerian at all. He really shows the urgent need for intervention in wherever he comes from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EU Offers Nigeria $450 Million To Fight Corruption / I Have Stopped Collecting Pension In Kwara – Saraki / N537m Debt: Court Clears Duke After N350m Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.