Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One (1194 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Should I Renovate Our Family House? / Man Who Built A House For His Girlfriend's Family Wants To Demolish It After.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Nedfed(m): 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Greetings to you Nairalanders.
Please I come to you to seek for an advice tonite. Am from an extended family, and the only building we have as a family house in our village was built by my great-grandfather in 1962.
Despite the facts that many of the children and we the grand-children are blessed, no one has ever thought of renovating the building.
Right now the building is at the state of collapsing and no one is making any suggestion on this cause some of the family members are having misunderstanding, remember I told you is an extended family.
Now am intending of demolishing the building and erect a new structure over there(like 3 storey building). A friend just call me now and told me not to embark on such project that family house is not something someone can just pull down especially in Nigeria.
Should I stick to his advice or go on with my plans?
Please it something serious, thanks.

Seun
Lalastica
Mynd44
Kindly push this to front page, tnx
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by tellwisdom: 9:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
Consult people who knows how the house was built and who the man was before doing anything. But if your great grand father is not into voodooism, idol worshiping; then go ahead and erect ur mansion. No shaking

1 Like

Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by MhizzAJ(f): 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
Don't u ve elders in ur family
Talk to them first

Village people no get joy oo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by klassykute(m): 9:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
don't go nd kill urself oo. Village pipo no go tk m easy o

2 Likes

Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by bigtt76(f): 9:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
Be like say den don de play your CD for village.... Isssorite grin

Call together your cousins and close relatives to discuss this with them but hope jealousy won't set in though undecided

1 Like

Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by madridguy(m): 9:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
Even though you have good intention you should also consider the people that will consider your move as act of been pompous.
Since there are other well to do in your family that can renovate the building, don't ever in your weird dream embark on the project alone. Call them all and tell them what you feel about the compound, let everybody contribute money so that no one will be carrying your name up and down.
For example, it is better for people to say " The children of Alabama compound contributed money to renovate their compound than saying " Alaska " single handed build a new house for his compound.

As an African man, am sure you will understand me better. May God Almighty not block your source of income.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Nedfed(m): 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
tellwisdom:
Consult people who knows how the house was built and who the man was before doing anything. But if your great grand father is not a voodist, or idol worshipper, go ahead and erect mansion. No shaking

Aiit bro, i'll try to do dat. Tnx
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Nedfed(m): 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Don't u ve elders in ur family
Talk to them first

Village people no get joy oo

Av done that, some support while some oppose
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Nedfed(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2017
klassykute:
don't go nd kill urself oo. Village pipo no go tk m easy o

It think dat wat my friend is trying 2 say.
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Nedfed(m): 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
madridguy:
Even though you have good intention you should also consider the people that will consider your move as act of been pompous.
Since there are other well to do in your family that can renovate the building, don't ever in your weird dream embark on the project alone. Call them all and tell them what you feel about the compound, let everybody contribute money so that no one will be carrying your name up and down.
For example, it is better for people to say " The children of Alabama compound contributed money to renovate their compound than saying " Alaska " single handed build a new house for his compound.

As an African man, am sure you will understand me better. May God Almighty not block your source of income.
Tnx bros, I get u clearly.
Amen, and you too.
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by egopersonified(f): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
forget it, if e too pain you, buy land in your village and build your own temple that your great grand children would be referring to.

1 Like

Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Adaumunocha(f): 12:14am On Sep 29, 2017
Nedfed:

It think dat wat my friend is trying 2 say.
Buy your own land and build... Leave d obi
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by money121(m): 1:10am On Sep 29, 2017
Nedfed:
Greetings to you Nairalanders.
Please I come to you to seek for an advice tonite. Am from an extended family, and the only building we have as a family house in our village was built by my great-grandfather in 1962.
Despite the facts that many of the children and we the grand-children are blessed, no one has ever thought of renovating the building.
Right now the building is at the state of collapsing and no one is making any suggestion on this cause some of the family members are having misunderstanding, remember I told you is an extended family.
Now am intending of demolishing the building and erect a new structure over there(like 3 storey building). A friend just call me now and told me not to embark on such project that family house is not something someone can just pull down especially in Nigeria.
Should I stick to his advice or go on with my plans?
Please it something serious, thanks.

Seun
Lalastica
Mynd44
Kindly push this to front page, tnx

God will be with you..
Family first..
But Don't forget me when the building get to Roofing Stage ooo becos I deal on Roofing sheet
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Abiagirl777(f): 3:32am On Sep 29, 2017
buy your own land and build to your taste and for security purposes. that's what my bro did and its open to all the extended family.
my own,our own,e dey cause quarreloo
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Mrkumareze(m): 4:56am On Sep 29, 2017
The person above me said it all. Buy a land, you can build all you want there and welcome whoeverever that wishes to relate with you . Be careful anyway, village peoole are too dramatic. Once tried erecting mine but the feed back is not giving joy
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Agbaletu: 8:05am On Sep 29, 2017
No one builds or renovates family house alone.
Let the whole family members agree to renovate the building.
Even if they tell you to do it, never do it alone.
Let each person contributes something.
The best thing is for you to get a new land and build your 3 storey building there.
Your life is more important.
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Oyindidi(f): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2017
Not even your grandfather but great-grandfather. I'll advice you look for another land to build your 3 storey building. My father built on a family land( a land that belongs to his father and his only brother). After his death, his cousins said we should share the land and give them their father's portion. Speaking from experience, I'll say get another land.
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by ultron12345: 9:19am On Sep 29, 2017
People are wicked, this is a case of 'wicked relatives' , u want to destroy what ur great grandfather suffered and sweat to build........o, why
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Nedfed(m): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2017
Tnx 2 u all, I rilli appreciate
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by Henitan24(f): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2017
Get a piece of land in your village and build your own house there. Don't touch the house to avoid future consequences.
Re: Can I Demolish Our Family House In The Village And Build New One by TheArchangel(f): 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
That is the headache of the first born son of your great grand father if you are Igbo. Dont go and poke hand inside some wasp tunnel or you will get WASPED. Go your mama village and build if you dey find wetin you wan build abi renovate

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advise...(strictly For Couples) / Starting A Stationery Business Advice And Help Needed. / Advise Needed For My Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.