Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Please; Lawyers In The House, Your Advise Is Urgently Required. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please; Lawyers In The House, Your Advise Is Urgently Required. (431 Views)

Please Lawyers In The House Help Me / Jitender Maan 'Gogi' Killed In Court By Hitmen Disguised As Lawyers In India / EFCC Arraigns 2 Lawyers In Court For Stealing N188.7m From Dead Boss - SaharaRep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please; Lawyers In The House, Your Advise Is Urgently Required. by valtine: 10:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
Good day my able, certified and experience lawyers in the house. Please i am humbly and in desperate need of Una advise;

Please kindly read through. Where I am station to do my youth service here; there's this woman, she's my tribal person, ever since she know that I speak her language she has always been very friendly to me. So, she has an issue and she seek my advise as a literate person that I am. So, I bring it to your able listen;

The woman owns a small local canteen, there's some new Mallam that enter the area. Since they came in, they've been eating at the woman's shop and they've not been paying her. They are owing her over 10k now. In nutshell, I think the woman said something to someone but the person (misquoted) her as she claims. She claimed she said that the Mallam want to suck her dry (ruin her business) bur the person she said it to as a form of complaint went and told the Mallam that the woman said the Mallam is sucking people's blood. So, the Mallam went to the police station and report, police called both of them and the man wrote a statement bur the woman was detained for over 9 hours. When the Mallam came back, he came with a court order asking the woman to appear in court for deformation of character. The woman has called all the prominent people in the neighborhood to beg the Mallam, she said she's ready to forgo the money in question but the Mallam said no. They must go to court.

My questions are;
1. Please what should the woman do.
2. Is it allow by law for an individual to go to court and charge someone, I thought it's the work of policemen.
3. On the letter, the woman is address as mama amala, which is not her real name. ( In my own opinion, I thought she may choose not to honour the order as it's not written in her name) just my thought tho.

So, lawyers please advise.
Re: Please; Lawyers In The House, Your Advise Is Urgently Required. by Financialfree: 10:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
Re: Please; Lawyers In The House, Your Advise Is Urgently Required. by Financialfree: 10:44pm On Sep 28, 2017
Re: Please; Lawyers In The House, Your Advise Is Urgently Required. by bamirotola: 1:06am On Sep 29, 2017
1. Appear in court and tell them exactly what she said.. The court will give her a lawyer if she CNT afford one. She can go to legal aid in the state or FIDA to lay a complaint and they will give her a lawyer if she doesn't trust the court. No matter what happens she shudnt plead guilty.
2. An individual can institute a criminal matter however he/she must get a FIAT from the ministry of Justice. My wonder is how he managed to get that within 9hrs. It takes time really. But then, on defamation there are both the criminal and civil side. So the man may just have instituted the civil side himself and left the criminal hanging at the police station because you cannot start the civil without having reported the criminal.
3. Not going to Court would amount to contempt of court which only makes her matter worse. No b who call police dey win case. Make she go and tell them exactly what she meant. She may even end up collecting the debt owed her and more sef.

But........

Plz hold on while I direct you to ifa...lol

Re: Please; Lawyers In The House, Your Advise Is Urgently Required. by XCLUX(m): 2:03am On Sep 29, 2017
Consultation for free Hell No....
Re: Please; Lawyers In The House, Your Advise Is Urgently Required. by DanielsParker(m): 5:49am On Sep 29, 2017
brb.
Re: Please; Lawyers In The House, Your Advise Is Urgently Required. by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 29, 2017
Hold on for my professional advice
Re: Please; Lawyers In The House, Your Advise Is Urgently Required. by tolufase: 8:39am On Sep 29, 2017
Lawyers in the house over to you

(1) (Reply)

Girlfriend Of Las Vegas Shooter Says She Thought He Gave Her $100,000 To Break / Failure To Produce On Demand: Is It An Offence? / I Was Assaults By The SARS On My Way To Jumat, Accused Me Of Being A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.