Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,530 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts (30644 Views)

Ruga Settlement Is To Resolve Farmer/Herder Conflicts - Presidency / IGP Kicks Against Military Option In Benue, Says His Men Are On Ground / U.S slams military option in resolving Nigerians conflicts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by PHILipu1(m): 9:54am On Sep 29, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

If the US decides to arm the Biafrans to achieve their independence, kiss Nigeria goodbye.

If you doubt me, ask Gaddafi what befell him when the people of Benghazi were armed by the US

A ragtag terrorist country that can't produce common office pin wants to challenge the US.

One aircraft carrier with F-15 jets will make your scrap alpha jets disappear from the sky

Even if Nigeria drop atomic bomb on biafra people,America will only condem and that is the end.
We have Britain and Saudi Arabia on our side and America will never do anything this their biggest friends don't support.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by BALLOSKI: 9:57am On Sep 29, 2017
Nenejeje:
US is an enemy of state according to sarrki

the federal government messed up big time, military invasion should be the last option. I wonder who is advising them.
calling them to a round table would have been better even though you are not going to do their bidding.

don't because of your hatred for the Igbos and close your eyes against evil. the system is not working hence the agitation, if nigeria favours everyone, who would want to leave? your answer is as good as mine.

the system is only working only in the media. I just wonder why our people are like this. if you say your mind, they will say it's because you hate Buhari. no I don't but the truth needs to be told
if you're educated like I believe you should, how do you want the government to drag kanu to the table when he refused to honor invitation extended to him by the governors?

They made mistake by deploying military? You and those US guys are sick. US is just not happy that the implosion they so predict is not happening just yet.

If we discuss with every criminals, what do you think we are encouraging?

How many of such groups exists in America with the method of ipob way of preaching hate , and the US is discussing with? KKK? Rubbish
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Iamzik: 9:57am On Sep 29, 2017
Lipscomb:
Who will take oyinbo(white) serious the innocent black Americans that have been killing by America police are they speak against it are they organize a meeting to discuss how this will end?they won't talk about that but the one that not concern them they will carry it on their head One idiot who never step our soil will tell us how to resolve our issues.

If you are a policeman and a black drug pusher shoots you to evade arrest I hope you will hide your gun and give him a bear hug for job Weldone!

US citizens have right to carry guns and semi automatic weapons. Nigerian civilians are not allowed to bear arms yet you approve a military onslaught against innocent unarmed civilians abi?

Fulani herdsmen that is carrying ak47 who gave them license and how many have been arrested so far despite all the killing.

Oga without social justice there cannot be peace no matter how many pythons are dancing.

If the clueless one will heed sound advice there is need to first address the root cause of agitation rather than trying to silence the people by force.

You can kill a man but you can't kill an ideology

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by tyup(m): 9:59am On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:

The military were undergoing a well publicised operation when they were confronted, they were not sent there to substitute the police patrol.

Guess you did not hear when the soilder that beat the keke man up said buhari ordered them to kill any biafran agitators
besides the question to ask yourself is what the crisis in aba that millitary are exercising themselves?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by jedyjedy(m): 10:00am On Sep 29, 2017
I totally condemn d actions of the Nigerian Military. However, d United States should rather mind its own business and stop its hypocritical meddling in other countries affairs.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Rawani: 10:01am On Sep 29, 2017
tyup:

Guess you did not hear when the soilder that beat the keke man up said buhari ordered them to kill any biafran agitators
besides the question to ask yourself is what the crisis in aba that millitary are exercising themselves?

I'm not here for beer parlour talk. Bye.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Iamzik: 10:01am On Sep 29, 2017
PHILipu1:

Even if Nigeria drop atomic bomb on biafra people,America will only condem and that is the end.
We have Britain and Saudi Arabia on our side and America will never do anything this their biggest friends don't support.

This is the kind of arrogant statement that will never allow nigeria have peace or remain as one. I hope you will be just as happy if Nigeria drop a nuclear bomb on north west mallams

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by BALLOSKI: 10:04am On Sep 29, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

If the US decides to arm the Biafrans to achieve their independence, kiss Nigeria goodbye.

If you doubt me, ask Gaddafi what befell him when the people of Benghazi were armed by the US

A ragtag terrorist country that can't produce common office pin wants to challenge the US.

One aircraft carrier with F-15 jets will make your scrap alpha jets disappear from the sky
who told you biafran ragtag were not armed in the first war you are still licking the wound from? US did not arm the free Syrian army abi? The rebels won abi? You know what happened.

We in favor of Nigeria outnumber the whole of the population of SE . If we join hands with the army just like the shiite militias are doing in the middle east, you guys are in trouble. Through which water is the arm support going to come through? Onitsha river? Lol

SE is just the size of a senatorial zone in kogi state( igala land) , it won't take much to finish you guys.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Jaqenhghar: 10:05am On Sep 29, 2017
Lipscomb:
Who will take oyinbo(white) serious the innocent black Americans that have been killing by America police are they speak against it are they organize a meeting to discuss how this will end?they won't talk about that but the one that not concern them they will carry it on their head One idiot who never step our soil will tell us how to resolve our issues.
When you compare their country and yours one knows who the idiot is
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Jaqenhghar: 10:06am On Sep 29, 2017
Lipscomb:
...abd please name one issue in this shithole has been successfully resolved. Just one
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Benekruku(m): 10:06am On Sep 29, 2017
okerekeikpo:
Nigeria will pay heavily for invading Biafra land

Usual online chest-beating!

3,000,000 souls and we paid few pennies! Even we were to decimate more than 20million which is about the total population, The few surviving ones cant receive more than 5000Niara each.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by tyup(m): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2017
omenka:
I've come to realize one thing about some group of people in this country; they are hardwired to respond to everything emotionally than applying tact, wisdom and acknowledging facts.

When it comes to "state terror", Nigeria is nowhere close to US. State agents in the US kill more citizens in a year than Nigeria's would in five. They hide under the cloak of "National Security" to perpetrate these acts.

Wasn't Trump the one who says he'd respond with "fire and fury unlike the world has ever seen against NK" just the other day? Hasn't everyone been telling them to tow the path of dialogue?

If the chips are down, these guys have no idea, the US will NOT even come close to lending a hand beyond the supply of relief materials to refugees.

What they should ask themselves is "what exactly can we give US in return for a military assistance if peradventure we go to war with the Nigerian state?" The US acknowledges Nigeria as a critical strategic partner in the region and would commit themselves to maintaining that friendship.

North Korea dont deserve dialogue in anyway because they dont want it
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Benekruku(m): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

You watch too much American films!

A USA can never and will never arm Biafra. US dont fight for free but interest. What does the land locked erosion region have to offer the USA? Red mud?

The US and UK are strong allied`s of Nigeria and would never do such. If u said Russia, I wouldnt have argued with you.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by jrusky(m): 10:10am On Sep 29, 2017
Please may I ask who the hell is America?

Please America can go to hell is Nigeria their subject or annex?

Who give a damn what America think?
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by attackgat: 10:10am On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:

The Army were already there for a widely publicised military operation and were attacked by an approaching angry mob armed with bottles and stones, you sound as if they were specifically sent there to quell a riot.

The agitators should have not been so stupid as to try attacking a military procession. The Shiites were not half as lucky as the Aba agitators.

As for the invasion, blame the cowardly chest beating runaway Kanu for threatening national security by instructing his legion of followers to burn down the country to ashes if he was rearrested, and daring the military that it would meet its end if it also tried to do so in Aba.

Read Reuben Abati's letter.

Wether military brutality and extrer- judicial killings happend to Shia's or IPOB does not make it right. Doing the wrong thing, no matter how many times, will not make that action right or normal.

The Army has no business shooting people in peace times. If there is break down of law and order, it is the job of the police handle that situation. The Army is not a crime fighting unit.

If the Army were moving in a procession and IPOB attacked them with sticks and stones as they claim, does the Army have the right to respond with live ammunition? They do not. In a situation like that, what the Army should do is withdraw and alert the Police. The Army deviated from its constitutional role to become judge, jury and executioner and that is horrible.

As for Nnamdi Kanu, I still wonder how a single individual can threaten a whole country with only his mouth? Nnamdi Kanu has the right of free speech. If he likes he can say he will send Nigeria to outer space for all I care. What a person says his mouth and what he actually does are two different things. At least Nnamdi Kanu is only talking

Niger Delta militants killed destroyed properties, Nigerian government dialogued with them and gave them amnesty

Boko haram is killing everyday, government is still dialoging with them which led to release of Chibok girls

Herdsmen are massacaring people left and right, not one of them has been arrested

But what some people foaming at the mouth for is what an unarmed Kanu said or didnt say.

Laughable

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by chineduemmao: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2017
Nenejeje:
US is an enemy of state according to sarrki

the federal government messed up big time, military invasion should be the last option. I wonder who is advising them.
calling them to a round table would have been better even though you are not going to do their bidding.

don't because of your hatred for the Igbos and close your eyes against evil. the system is not working hence the agitation, if nigeria favours everyone, who would want to leave? your answer is as good as mine.

the system is only working only in the media. I just wonder why our people are like this. if you say your mind, they will say it's because you hate Buhari. no I don't but the truth needs to be told
madam, millitary invasion should not even be an option so long as the agitators go arms free. Millitary force shuts the mouth but not the mind. A FREE MIND IS A FREE MAN.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Praktikals(m): 10:11am On Sep 29, 2017
Viergeachar:

@bolded
In your dreams right grin
Nigeria that gave up Bakassi without firing a single bullet because of the fear of France - a country that has never won a war - backing Cameroon.
Are you a dullard grin
Land battle kor tree battle ni grin grin grin
Lol @ tree battle.
I sha know we won't be a walkover for any country.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by OjukwuWarBird: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2017
Praktikals:

Don't forget this is the giant of Africa we are talking about. Why do u think d us chickened out when Abacha challenged them to a land battle, abi dem never born u that time?

Giant of Africa that can't produce car battery, is that one a giant.?
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Benekruku(m): 10:14am On Sep 29, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Nigeria is a like a worthless slave before US

If US wants to disintegrate Nigeria today, in One week it will be achieved

Remember that the US backed the South Sudan, East Timor , Croatia, Slovenian etc to gain independence

So mind the way you talk before they deal with your ragtag country whose existence is at the mercy of Western nations and Biafrans

Stop watching American films!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Benekruku(m): 10:18am On Sep 29, 2017
PHILipu1:

Thumbs-up!

You sabi international interest!

Flat-heads re sincerely unexposed. They talk more than a listen and really has hindered there exposure, diplomacy and arithmetic in all manner.

Thinking an European or North American country can bail them out is just the height of utmost stupidity.

...At a time, they were almost affiliating with Russia grin grin grin
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by oodua1stson: 10:18am On Sep 29, 2017
Military action is very wrong, no doubt. But coming from USA? That's rich
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by Bullhari: 10:19am On Sep 29, 2017
Lipscomb:

your use of English is an act of terrorism. we should move to proscribe you and protect the world from from killer grammer
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by chineduemmao: 10:23am On Sep 29, 2017
Lipscomb:
I'm not saying they should not be intervene but they should do that in a rational way and besides Liberia is a war zone and that prompted Nigeria to restored peace and stability to the country not to sabotage the effort of government
what's the effort of your government? ethnic cleansing i guess.

and which black man was unjustly killed by the US police?

oga mind your tongue, this is a public forum you dont need to be told that someone is watching.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by BALLOSKI: 10:25am On Sep 29, 2017
Viergeachar:

@bolded
In your dreams right grin
Nigeria that gave up Bakassi without firing a single bullet because of the fear of France - a country that has never won a war - backing Cameroon.
Are you a dullard grin
Land battle kor tree battle ni grin grin grin
you guys watch too many American films. The same US and French army that couldn't touch down in Liberia until we touched down there, weakened rebel groups before they could come is the same US and France you're talking about. We've gone on more peace keeping mission than the US did. We have our own place.

We just have to align with China , russia , india , Iran , to stand America. Why dem no finish Cuba , Vietnam? They lost in Afghanistan and Iraq and also lost in Syria.
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by oladeebo: 10:30am On Sep 29, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Giant of Africa that can't produce car battery, is that one a giant.?
What ojukwu produced when headed igbo for 3 years as a country beside war that engulfed 3 million igbo lives?
Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by chineduemmao: 10:30am On Sep 29, 2017
Rawani:
Is this an official U.S. Govt position or an idealistic peace advocacy NGO/agency?

I'm asking because the America I know will never tolerate anyone that tries to undermine or attack their military whether with bottles, stones or grenades like IPOB.

Modified:

No wonder, nothing surprising.
the US army i know will never stoop so low to doing police job and performing python stunts on the streets in the face of god and everybody to the extent of provoking locals'

1 Like

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by chineduemmao: 10:35am On Sep 29, 2017
BALLOSKI:
if you're educated like I believe you should, how do you want the government to drag kanu to the table when he refused to honor invitation extended to him by the governors?

They made mistake by deploying military? You and those US guys are sick. US is just not happy that the implosion they so predict is not happening just yet.

If we discuss with every criminals, what do you think we are encouraging?

How many of such groups exists in America with the method of ipob way of preaching hate , and the US is discussing with? KKK? Rubbish
kanu rejected invitation? when?

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Slams Military Option In Resolving Nigeria’s Conflicts by pellummy(m): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2017
Shayetet13:

You seem the one ignorant my friend. Wondered why the police use tear gas and army dont? Wondered why the police use riot shield and army dont? Its simple, its the police that is built and equipped to quell people who throw stones, bottles and water. The fact that the army is there trying to put an order amongst those who ain't even armed is a shame.

Gentle guy, this incident happen in Nigeria , not another top world country, Nigeria police are nor equipped to stop Biafra army, it another state army, state I mean the one KANU created , it army to army don't be patethic guy, it army to army not innocent citizen ....it is called biafrans army, assuming they killed alot of Nigeria army radio Biafra will have declared them self conqueror... To all agitator, syopp been crying baby, your baby army lose a war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Meets African Union And ECOWAS Observers (Pictures) / Asari Dokubo Accuses Military, Cabal Of Oil Theft In Nigeria / See Olusegun Obasanjo Drinking Garri(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.