Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Why I Featured Only Adekunle Gold On My Album - Simi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Featured Only Adekunle Gold On My Album - Simi (478 Views)

I No Fit Use My Death Promote My Album – Portable Shades Oladips (video) / My Album Is Not A Floppy Disk - Davido Responds To Burna Boy’s Tweet / Beyonce: Why I Featured Wizkid, Yemi Alade, Tiwa Savage, African Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Featured Only Adekunle Gold On My Album - Simi by mayorkun(m): 10:42am On Sep 29, 2017
Singer Simisola Ogunleye aka Simi, has revealed why Ad­ekunle Gold was the only ar­tiste featured on her sophomore album.

Although the pair’s rumoured romance has been put forward on social media as the probable rea­son, the Joromi singer, in a chat with HipTV, said Adekunle Gold barely made the cut to be on the album.

She said: “The only reason why I have just Adekunle Gold on the album is because after we had done all the songs we were going to do, the only song that had a feature that made the finalist was the one that Adekunle Gold was on. There is no big story.”

The singer also spoke about her recent proclamation that Nige­rian men aren’t romantic, which she was heavily criticised for.

“My take is that nobody is al­lowed to cheat in a relationship but they do it anyway. If a man cheats, he’s scum, if a woman cheats, she’s a scum. Obviously, people are harder on women if it happens with wom­en and that’s ridiculous,” she said.

“I feel like if you value something you have, if you value somebody you’re with you’re going to do your best to treat them right and make sure that they feel special. It’s the same for both guys and girls. That’s the way I handle it”, she added.

The artiste further said everyone deserves to be treated equally, irre­spective of gender.

She said: “It is a man’s world be­cause we let it be a man’s world. It’s not a man’s world because they have any special powers. It’s not a wom­an’s world because we have special powers. It’s a human beings world.

“We are all supposed to be good to each other, I’m supposed to value you as a man and you’re supposed to value me as a woman. Nobody is better than anybody”, Simi stated.

Simi, who is reveling in the growing success of her new album, says she’s been overwhelmed by its reception.

“Acceptance of the album has been extremely amazing. People have been very supportive. I’m ex­cited to be experiencing this right now,” she said.

The 15-track album, Simisola, was released about three weeks ago.

More at; http://www.xirkings.com/2017/09/why-i-featured-only-adekunle-gold-on-my.html?m=1

Re: Why I Featured Only Adekunle Gold On My Album - Simi by omoadigun07(m): 10:43am On Sep 29, 2017
Re: Why I Featured Only Adekunle Gold On My Album - Simi by awa(m): 10:45am On Sep 29, 2017
Okay ohhh... I would tell Falz
Re: Why I Featured Only Adekunle Gold On My Album - Simi by mayorkun(m): 10:50am On Sep 29, 2017
Fynestboi
MissyB3
Re: Why I Featured Only Adekunle Gold On My Album - Simi by Supersuave2(m): 11:03am On Sep 29, 2017
and na the song wack pass sef, I deleted it and left the restundecided
Re: Why I Featured Only Adekunle Gold On My Album - Simi by Techknowng(m): 11:22am On Sep 29, 2017
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Re: Why I Featured Only Adekunle Gold On My Album - Simi by nelsonebby(m): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2017
i dont know her
Re: Why I Featured Only Adekunle Gold On My Album - Simi by AkProsper(m): 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2017
OK ..

(1) (Reply)

‘tagbo Was Caroline Danjuma’s Secret Baby Daddy. ’ – Twitter User.(photos) / Nigerian Artiste Who Cruised A Limousine Last Month, Spotted Carrying Blocks / Video : Phyno Ft Olamide – Augment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.