Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,280 members, 7,860,649 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:44 PM

40-year-old Italian Woman Wed Herself With Three Layer Wedding Cake - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 40-year-old Italian Woman Wed Herself With Three Layer Wedding Cake (1119 Views)

How I Sold My Cars, Lost My 40-Year-Old Son To Sickness — Alapini Osa / Malivelihood & Deola Smart's Wedding Cake Took N4M, 4 Months & 12 Bakers To Make / Gucci Mane’s Wedding Cake Vs Nigerian Independence Cake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

40-year-old Italian Woman Wed Herself With Three Layer Wedding Cake by Samuelcyprial(m): 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
[http://www.samuelcyprial.com.ng/2017/09/40-year-old-italian-woman-wed-herself.html?m=0]Italian woman on Monday tied the knot with herself in a lavish ceremony complete with white dress, three-layer wedding cake, bridesmaids and 70 guests.

According to the couple, identified as a 40-year-old fitness trainer, Laura Mesi, she did it to show to others to love themselves..

She said;
“I firmly believe that each of us must first of all love ourselves,”
“You can have a fairytale even without the prince.”
The ceremony carries no legal weight.
But Ms Mesi is part of a growing trend for self-marriage – dubbed “sologamy” – in countries around the world.

Proponents of such ceremonies say it is about self-love and acceptance, and claiming the social affirmation normally reserved for couples who wed.

Laura says the idea of a solo wedding came to her two years ago, after a 12-year relationship ended.

She told La Repubblica newspaper;
“I told friends and family that if I had not found my soul-mate by my 40th birthday I would marry myself,”
“If one day I find a man with whom I can plan a future I’ll be happy, but my happiness does not depend on him.”
Ms Mesi says she is the first Italian woman to hold a solo ceremony. In May, a man, Nello Ruggiero, said “yes” to himself in a ceremony in Naples.[http://www.samuelcyprial.com.ng/2017/09/40-year-old-italian-woman-wed-herself.html?m=0]

Re: 40-year-old Italian Woman Wed Herself With Three Layer Wedding Cake by ademasta(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hmmm.... Oyinbo people and craziness

Re: 40-year-old Italian Woman Wed Herself With Three Layer Wedding Cake by Cossybob(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2017
It is allowed smiley
Re: 40-year-old Italian Woman Wed Herself With Three Layer Wedding Cake by akinade28(f): 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2017
I have just few questions for u
When u finally find the man will u nau divorce urself?
Will ur title now be MRS?
What if someone ask u "mrs messi" I would like to me ur spouse what will u say?
I must say " crazy people every where"
Re: 40-year-old Italian Woman Wed Herself With Three Layer Wedding Cake by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
Clearly frustration
Re: 40-year-old Italian Woman Wed Herself With Three Layer Wedding Cake by SOFTENGR: 8:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
Stop it.
Don't make me vex

Re: 40-year-old Italian Woman Wed Herself With Three Layer Wedding Cake by Evablizin(f): 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
grin

HML to yourself Mrs.

Oyinbo people na their way,oyinbo will wed dog,oyinbo will wed house,oyinbo will wed cat,oyinbo will wed certificate,oyinbo will wed herself,the list continues.

Re: 40-year-old Italian Woman Wed Herself With Three Layer Wedding Cake by Shinapraise(m): 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2017
This is crazy and I am here and this babe is wasting away oga I will port go Italy very soon grin grin

(1) (Reply)

WIZKID finest boy / Rihanna Is The Perfect Egyptian Queen For Vogue Arabia / Paul Okoye (Rudeboy) To Perform At Phynofest Alone. Fans React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.