Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (25462 Views)

Akin Alabi Rejects Coat Of Arms Made By An Artist That 'Looks Like Winch' / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2019) / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by martins946: 7:53am On Sep 30, 2017
Good write up
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by Pidginwhisper: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2017
abilemi:
And you say states are not moving forward? When some of the logos are like Babalawo logos.

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by Toofan007: 8:02am On Sep 30, 2017
bullbull:

Fake

Stop telling lies. There was nothing like southern. Nigeria..

We had just nigeria

We had west and East and north.. No time in history did we have southern. Nigeria..

And in 1966.. Central. Nigeria was created..
you no fit read? Wetin Lord Lugard amalgamate with the North, biko?

1 Like

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by Pidginwhisper: 8:02am On Sep 30, 2017
Bigii:

Dirty Governor undecided
Baba Kabiru too dirty Aswear undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by ElsonMorali: 8:13am On Sep 30, 2017
Great post here. The mods should leave this on the front page next to Seun's "Nairaland does not support secession" post to show the youths of Nigeria where we are coming from and to remind the oldies amongst us where we are going to.

May a million fleas infest the crotches of all Nigerian politicians since independence till date including military administrators with No arms to scratch for bringinformation Nigeria to this sorry state.

By the way, I love the Ogun state anthem so much. Dunno why But the tune resonates with me. embarassed
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by userplainly(m): 8:19am On Sep 30, 2017
WHERE IS IPOB FLAG?? LMAO
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by DanielsParker(m): 8:29am On Sep 30, 2017
naptu2:

Enugu is at number 30.
okay, seen..
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by nkemjacob2(m): 8:49am On Sep 30, 2017
Nigeria is a bastard
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by TenPassfour(m): 8:50am On Sep 30, 2017
Beautiful insight.
Ops thank you for sharing.
Cheers
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by VLongstrider(m): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2017
naptu2:
7) Ekiti
Ekiti State flag

Ekiti State logo

The Woven Cord

The woven cord depicts the culturally homogenous nature of the Ekiti people. Ours is the only state where all the towns and villages are suffixed with "Ekiti".

The New Dawn

The New Dawn symbolizes Ekiti's place as the emerging land of opportunities. It symbolizes the hope and optimism associated with the Ekiti people which makes us rise above challenges, to ensure we remain on the path of peace and progress.

The Rolling Hills

The Rolling Hills depict the topography of our land, forming the backdrop of the beautiful scenery. It is the origin of our name "Ile Olokiti"

The Vegetation

The Vegetation depicts the fruitfulness of our land. It symbolizes a land blessed with an abundance of a wide variety of natural resources. It also represents the mainstay of our livelihood - Agriculture.

The Water

The Water represents the springs in EKiti State, particularly the Ikogosi Spring - the only place in the whole world where hot and cold water springs naturally occur side by side. A wonder to the world, a pride to us.

The Book

The Book depicts the enlightenment of the Ekiti people. The Ekiti people love knowledge and celebrate wisdom.

You can see the Ekiti State logo behind the former and current governors of Ekiti State. The logo is also on the throw pillow.

Ekiti state.... Fountain of knowledge, Land of honour.
If your girl/boyfriend isn't from Ekiti, break up now!! !!!
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by VLongstrider(m): 8:56am On Sep 30, 2017
naptu2:
7) Ekiti
Ekiti State flag

Ekiti State logo

The Woven Cord

The woven cord depicts the culturally homogenous nature of the Ekiti people. Ours is the only state where all the towns and villages are suffixed with "Ekiti".

The New Dawn

The New Dawn symbolizes Ekiti's place as the emerging land of opportunities. It symbolizes the hope and optimism associated with the Ekiti people which makes us rise above challenges, to ensure we remain on the path of peace and progress.

The Rolling Hills

The Rolling Hills depict the topography of our land, forming the backdrop of the beautiful scenery. It is the origin of our name "Ile Olokiti"

The Vegetation

The Vegetation depicts the fruitfulness of our land. It symbolizes a land blessed with an abundance of a wide variety of natural resources. It also represents the mainstay of our livelihood - Agriculture.

The Water

The Water represents the springs in EKiti State, particularly the Ikogosi Spring - the only place in the whole world where hot and cold water springs naturally occur side by side. A wonder to the world, a pride to us.

The Book

The Book depicts the enlightenment of the Ekiti people. The Ekiti people love knowledge and celebrate wisdom.

You can see the Ekiti State logo behind the former and current governors of Ekiti State. The logo is also on the throw pillow.

Ekiti is the only one with open book ni? The most enlightened state in this country, no be joke.
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by IRockALot(m): 9:12am On Sep 30, 2017
naptu2:
24) Borno
Borno State flag

Borno State Government logo.

Borno State monument.

Are these guys comedians? Home of peace indeed
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by naptu2: 10:47am On Sep 30, 2017
ElsonMorali:
Great post here. The mods should leave this on the front page next to Seun's "Nairaland does not support secession" post to show the youths of Nigeria where we are coming from and to remind the oldies amongst us where we are going to.

May a million fleas infest the crotches of all Nigerian politicians since independence till date including military administrators with No arms to scratch for bringinformation Nigeria to this sorry state.

By the way, I love the Ogun state anthem so much. Dunno why But the tune resonates with me. embarassed

I love the electro version of the anthem that was played at 5:30am every morning on OGBC2 in the 1990s.

1 Like

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by Ishilove: 11:02am On Sep 30, 2017
naptu2:

I love the electro version of the anthem that was played at 5:30am every morning on OGBC2 in the 1990s.
Ancient of Da..., sorry, Years grin
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by kannymoore(m): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2017
naptu2:

Your Imperial Majesty, Emperor Ade Ade Ade Ade Ademusiwa! When are you coming to Lagos to address your people?

Bwaaahahahahahahahaahahaha!!;

Kai!

My ribs!
grin

Oga Naptu2 .... I dey hail oh!

Meanwhile..as the independence day approaches.. please can you repost that Nigerian history thread you did about two-three years ago?
I quaintly remember it was replete with vintage pictures and antiquated blow by blow accounts of pre-independence stories and heroes of yesteryears including the firsthand accounts of coups and coup plotting and all the shebang dem??!

I think it may have gotten lost with the Nairaland Tsunami but I would be mighty glad if you could reproduce it one more time.

In my over 10 years membership of Nairaland.. that thread is the greatest thread I've ever read.. and believe me, Ive visited Nairaland every day for the past 11yeara so I think know what I'm talking about.

You sir are a legend!!

God bless you always.

And to others... Kindly visit Naptu2's diary in the diary section... You will be amazed and thoroughly enlightened at the vast knowledge of Nigerian history this uncle has to offer.

Cheers folks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by rhektor(m): 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2017
cheikishfarms:

Flood basket of the Nation!!! Lol

If Omenka catch you
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by rhektor(m): 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
VLongstrider:

Ekiti is the only one with open book ni? The most enlightened state in this country, no be joke.

What value has that added to Nigeria home and abroad?
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by 2lateBiafra: 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
REPUBLIC OF THE RUN AWAY CLOWN Nnamdi kalu

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by selflover(f): 9:43pm On Sep 30, 2017
pagekollection2:

Smh over wat!
notin pls, hope u r good
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by Blue3k(m): 10:38pm On Sep 30, 2017
This was interesting. It seems slot if states love animals holding up shield.
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by naptu2: 5:54am On Oct 01, 2017
Blue3k:
This was interesting. It seems slot if states love animals holding up shield.

That's because a lot of states are using coats of arms. A full coat of arms consists of a shield (escutcheon), supporters (usually animals like horses, dragons, lions, leopards, etc), crest, and motto.

Others use logos, emblems and seals which do not require shields and supporters.

1 Like

Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by VLongstrider(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
rhektor:

What value has that added to Nigeria home and abroad?
If your plan is for one year plant rice. If your plan is for ten years plant trees. If your plan is for one hundred years educate children.
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by pagekollection2(m): 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
selflover:
notin pls, hope u r good

Am gud. Thank u.hope u r good too?
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by selflover(f): 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2017
pagekollection2:

Am gud. Thank u.hope u r good too?
yea
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by pagekollection2(m): 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
selflover:
yea

Is alright.
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by rhektor(m): 6:49am On Oct 02, 2017
VLongstrider:

If your plan is for one year plant rice. If your plan is for ten years plant trees. If your plan is for one hundred years educate children.

You've been ill educated
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by VLongstrider(m): 8:01am On Oct 02, 2017
rhektor:

You've been ill educated
You're an authority?
Re: Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States by pagekollection2(m): 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
selflover:
yea

Sorry my bad attitude. My name is tokunbo. Wat is urs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We’re Building Church In APC Secretariat – Ganduje / Shekarau’s Supporters Boo Ganduje At Ex Minister's House / Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.