Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' (5390 Views)

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian / Owerri: My Nigerian Adventure In Pictures / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by MSijuade(f): 8:54pm On Mar 05, 2010
Well, hello everyone! I'm new here! AND I’m in London!

I am looking for my Nigerian father. I am 34 years of age and am keen to find my missing father with whom I have had no contact since 1977 after I believe he was deported from London back to Nigeria. He was known in London between 1975-1977 as Ken Sijuade. He left when I was just 2 years old.

My father registered me at birth he gave me HIS Nigerian name 'Sijuade'. Now, as a kid growing up in the 70s (without a dad) in London was quite alternative to say the least. I have to admit I didn't promote my given name BUT as I grew older I have to say that I am SO happy he did this for me. I AM SO PROUD. BUT I want to find him. I haven't seen met him before, this for me is really sad.

I wasn't brought up to believe in religion and he also had me christened, so once again never paid much attention to this fact but I do appreciate and respect his reasons for doing this for me. Anything someone does for you to this degree you have to respect no matter what your beliefs. For me it showed that he cared. I've missed out on a lot - not having a father around, but it’s a long story!

Anyway, whilst I go on, I might just introduce myself, I'm Michelle Sijuade Trafford. And I’m going to ask YOU, would you have any idea where I might find my missing father Ken Sijuade?

This is quite a desperate case.

If you have any information, which might guide me in the right direction to finding him, please, please let me know.

Thank you for reading this.

Much appreciated!

Michelle Sijuade

MISSING PERSON_KEN SIJUADE (Do you know him?)

Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2010
Hey OP,
Wish you all the best in your search, but be careful so many people would start posing as 'Ken Sijuade' to you.

Have u got a picture or any clue at all?
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2010
aysometin:

Hey OP,
Wish you all the best in your search, [b]but be careful so many people would start posing as 'Ken Sijuade' to you.[/b]Have u got a picture or any clue at all?

Very important point there
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by Vicjustice: 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2010
aysometin:

Hey OP,
Wish you all the best in your search, but be careful so many people would start posing as 'Ken Sijuade' to you.

Have u got a picture or any clue at all?

DNA will verify him.
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by Vicjustice: 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2010
Do you have any other information about him?
   Please, give as much information as you know, ask your mother for further help; to explain more about him, as much as she knew. Trust me, you might just get the help that you need from this site, someone (from Sweden) some time ago found his father by the help of Nairaland, so, don't give it up, keep posting and keeping us updated to make this thread active as we do whatever we can to help out. Goodluck!
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by suxes2005(m): 9:49pm On Mar 05, 2010
@OP

Tell us wat we can do to help you.

I will be glad to be amongst the pple
dat will help u find ur dad.

To keep it real and dis thread alive,
remove ur i.d. and let every1 talk
4rm dis place.

I wish u luck and also ask ur mum
more questions. Which state is ur dad from?

Wat job is he in2?
Why was he deported (If she knows)
just silly n gud Q

SHALOM
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by Vicjustice: 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2010
suxes2005:

@OP
remove your i.d. and let every1 talk
4rm dis place.
Friend, why did you recommend that she removes her ID? But what ID do you mean, are you talking about her names?
I think there's need for her not to be anonymous or faceless, she's looking for someone who needs to be identified, therefore, she needs to reveal her identity in order to find the individual.
I'm still wondering why Nigerians so much believe that one has to be anonymous and faceless in order to use a public forum
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by MSijuade(f): 10:07pm On Mar 05, 2010
Hello there!

Firstly, I just want to thank you all for your quick responses, I really appreciate your comments and guidance in this matter. Honestly!
I will be having a DNA test for anyone who approaches me claiming to be this man, my father.

I have spoken to my mum and everything you are about to read (below) is ALL that she knows about my dad.

Please read on,

DAD FACTS:

Ken, my missing father, is supposedly from Nigeria, Yuroba, Ife. This is assumed from the name ‘Sijuade’ of which was given to me at birth and appears on my birth certificate.

Ken should now be approx 61-62 years of age.

Ken was approx 26 when my mum was 19.

Ken was in London studying to become a doctor.

Ken worked with my mum at ‘Haywards Pickle Factory’ in Old Kent Road, London in 1974.

During 1974 Ken lived in Brixton, mum visited him at his house, he lived with his friend Jerry who was always ill and was sent home because of it.

In 1975 Ken had me christened at a church in Brixton and held a party at someone’s (person unknown) house when I was 3 months old.

Ken and myself both have the same birth mark on our left ear (tiny hole).

Ken tried to stay in contact, sending letters and cards after deportation but all was disposed of by my mums then new partner.

Mum (Jean Trafford) and Ken lived at number 6 Mermaid tower, Ken secured this flat with the council for us to live as a family.

Ken bought my mum a gold ring with a star on it whilst living at Mermaid Tower.

Ken was arrested in my mums and his friends presence at Mermaid Tower. He was taken to Deptford Police Station then to a detention center/prison for deportation.

Mum visited him there once. That was the last time she saw him.

So, as you can see, I am limited with information but I have one photo of him holding me at birth. I'll try and upload it.

Thank you again for all your help so far!

Michelle Sijuade
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by Sauron1: 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2010
Go to genesreunited.co.uk
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by MSijuade(f): 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2010
Thank you for the reunited site. I'll try that now : )

Thank you!
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by davidsoj: 10:32pm On Mar 05, 2010
Vicjustice:

Friend, why did you recommend that she removes her ID? But what ID do you mean, are you talking about her names?
  I think there's need for her not to be anonymous or faceless, she's looking for someone who needs to be identified, therefore, she needs to reveal her identity in order to find the individual.
  I'm still wondering why Nigerians so much believe that one has to be anonymous and faceless in order to use a public forum

Nop bro

I mean her e-mail so as to avoid
pple sendin spam mails to her mail
not her identification. Pardon me

U knw say na english dey disturb me? lol

@Poster: I think dos infos
are gud enuf and i just hope and
pray u get wat u want

I 4got 2 add dis: I'm usin my bro's id cos i was banned some minutes ago.
SHALOM
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by Waxxy(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2010
@poster,
You claim your dad is supposedly from Ife, in Nigeria. Well, your surname Sijuwade (Ken probably ignored the W, its permitted) is the same as that of the ruling royal family of ILE-IFE in present OSUN State of Nigeria. Google Oba Okunade Sijuwade, the present royal.
If you can narrow down your search to the royal family, i think you will make good headway. Godspeed

PS: Be very careful of scammers, Nigerians will generally help you with an emotioal issue as yours without demanding a penny. Dont be tempted to offer any financial gratification.
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by Vicjustice: 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
davidsoj:

Nop bro

I mean her e-mail so as to avoid
pple sendin spam mails to her mail
not her identification. Pardon me

U knw say na english dey disturb me? lol

@Poster: I think dos infos
are gud enuf and i just hope and
pray u get wat u want

I 4got 2 add dis: I'm usin my bro's id cos i was banned some minutes ago.
SHALOM
You busted yourself grin cheesy,
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by MSijuade(f): 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2010
Yes, thank you very much for your concern, appreciated! I won't be buying into anything until there is HARD evidence that 'someone' claiming to be who I would like them to be IS my father and a DNA test will determine this : )
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by Waxxy(m): 11:19pm On Mar 05, 2010
Michelle,
If you are able to establish the fact that Ken is from the Sijuwade Royal family (ask your mum if he ever mentioned this to her), then i think you should contact Chief Dele Momodu. He is the publisher of Nigeria/Africa's largest glossy (Ovation Magazine, google it) and he is very close to the Sijuwade's. Well, he is close to anyone that matters in NIGERIA. I guess you can find him on facebook or through his magazine. If you are able to get his attention, I can bet you that he'll only make one phone call and your problem would be solved.
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by Vicjustice: 11:35pm On Mar 05, 2010
Waxxy:

Michelle,
If you are able to establish the fact that Ken is from the Sijuwade Royal family (ask your mum if he ever mentioned this to her), then i think you should contact Chief Dele Momodu. He is the publisher of Nigeria/Africa's largest glossy (Ovation Magazine, google it) and he is very close to the Sijuwade's. Well, he is close to anyone that matters in NIGERIA. I guess you can find him on facebook or through his magazine. If you are able to get his attention, I can bet you that he'll only make one phone call and your problem would be solved.

Actually, i see that the name can be used with or without the W
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/search/?ref=search&q=sijuade&init=quick

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/search/?ref=search&q=Sijuwade&init=quick
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by MSijuade(f): 12:02am On Mar 06, 2010
WOW! Thank you guys!!!

I'll be busy this weekend ha!

Thank you very much for your leads.

Michelle Sijuade
: )
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by tpiah: 2:55am On Mar 06, 2010
might I suggest you adjust your appearance and gele a little bit so people dont feel "apprehensive"

potential suitors and "relatives" especially.
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by mi2010: 9:36am On Mar 06, 2010
@M_sijuade, plz wat exactly how old are u? because at ur first post u claim that u are 34yrs, then later u said in 1975 u were christine in Brixstol after ur 3 months, which means u should be at the age of 35yrs now not 34, enlighten me more about dis age issue, but my prayer 4u is that God will locate u to ur father soonest. read this bible verse (Luke 5:4-cool
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by juzme: 10:22am On Mar 06, 2010
To add from what people have said here. I will suggested you make a trip to Nigeria and contact any credible media. I have seen in the past too how successfully some people located their father from Nigeria through the help of Media e.g NTA.
You should have all the necessarily information that can help. for instance, the name of your mother, mother's sisters and brothers (if any), the city you father met your mother and where they lived. More information about your mother will as well help to locate your father. Since you said he studied in UK, I don't think he should be that primitive not to be listening to News. Of course, the name you have, (Ken= kehinde, kenneth etc) could only be shorten by your father to avoid difficulties in pronoucing his name while in UK. Again, much people in ife may have the same surname. But I believe with much information from your mother's side and also from your father will help .
It is quite unfortunate that most people from the western don't really care about who their partner's families are. It is hard for them to ask you about who your relatives are.
Of course, you need also to be careful as some people mentioned but I believe at this technology age you can't be so ignorant not use the available techniques in finding who your real father is. And of course you cant give out money just because someone say I can help you locate your father. I believe this should be voluntary even when you involve media. they should be able to volunteer in searching of your father.
Good Luck!
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 06, 2010
Nice advice Waxxy.
I also believe the man might be related to Oba of Ife. Try Dele Momodu, apparently I hear he visits Nl atimes.
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by MSijuade(f): 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2010
Hi,

I am 34 (right now) my birthday is in July.
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by MSijuade(f): 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2010
Tpia, Can I just ask what you think is 'wrong' or 'aprehensive' about my appearance? Only cause I am ME and I wonder why it should matter that I am shaved and blonde I am a designer, I am creative person and I am happy with my appearance, don't think i'd change it for anyone.

BUT thank you for the warning, I do understand your point but ya hear me? : )
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by MSijuade(f): 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2010
Hey,

I REALLY appreciate the time and effort you put into this message and I will be chasing up NTA media. Thank you!

I would like to go to Nigeria but I think i'm going to do as much as I can from London before-hand. I will get to Nigeria as soon as I can though.

I've gained a lot of leads from this site in just a day and I am so lucky that you all have been so great in your responses, I thank you!

I refuse to pay for anything in this matter, my emotions are very deep and involved and i'm hoping that the people of Nigeria will see that and will maybe help me from their hearts without the vision of reaching into my pocket.

Thanx again!

Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by justwise(m): 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2010
M.Sijuade:

Hey,

I REALLY appreciate the time and effort you put into this message and I will be chasing up NTA media. Thank you!

I would like to go to Nigeria but I think i'm going to do as much as I can from London before-hand. I will get to Nigeria as soon as I can though.

I've gained a lot of leads from this site in just a day and I am so lucky that you all have been so great in your responses, I thank you!

I refuse to pay for anything in this matter, my emotions are very deep and involved and i'm hoping that the people of Nigeria will see that and will maybe help me from their hearts without the vision of reaching into my pocket.
Thanx again!
Can you put up this picture in ur handle? Since it shows ur dady's face somebody may recognise him with that pic
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2010
M.Sijuade:

Hey,

Thanx again!

@M.sijuade

you also need to upload your picture for us to view, it might go a long way in helping you trace your father
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by justwise(m): 1:12pm On Mar 06, 2010
mobuch:

@M.sijuade

you also need to upload your picture for us to view, it might go a long way in helping you trace your father

Check her profile, her pic is there.
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by NoWee(m): 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2010
Michelle,

Note that scammers will not only try to swindle you for money. They may also play you to provide them with British visa. I would advise you not to provide more information about yourself and your family. You have provided enough, besides, your father's picture is here. It will be wise to reserve some information which you will put as questions to anybody who claims to be father. If the person answers the questions correctly then you will know straightaway that you are not wasting your time with a con artist.
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by davidsoj: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2010
Vicjustice:

You busted yourself grin cheesy,

Bros, you are funy

Me, busted? hahhahah

check ma last post on suxes2005
and check posts on dis i.d.

u will see dat i use it most times when
i'm banned on suxes2005.

4get me oooo, all of una know me na?
Thanks anyways

@poster: how far av u gone?
Try contact d media house as per
this

SHALOM
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by tpiah: 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2010
M.Sijuade:

Tpia, Can I just ask what you think is 'wrong' or 'aprehensive' about my appearance? Only cause I am ME and I wonder why it should matter that I am shaved and blonde I am a designer, I am creative person and I am happy with my appearance, don't think i'd change it for anyone.

BUT thank you for the warning, I do understand your point but ya hear me? : )

nothing wrong with your appearance IN BRITAIN but Nigeria is a rather conservative and superstitious society, and people might be scared when they see you. Especially the ones outside the major cities. Anyway, if you're expressing yourself creatively, nothing wrong with that.

Maybe it's the camera angle sha. After all I think Rihanna has the same style.

besides, I'm sure you already know most of the info you've been told here? Sijuade is a well known name in most quarters.
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by Vicjustice: 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2010
Some comments (or should i call them advice) here are totally irrelevant and unreasonable.
  Why would any wrong man claim to be her father, and besides, if any one does, are there no DNA technologies in Nigeria to verify it?
  Also, why would any scammer (pretending to be her Dad) "play her to provide him with a UK visa"? She's almost 35 and we are talking about a Dad in his 60s, so of what interest is the UK visa to a man old enough to be her father?
  The Lady doesn't need to ask questions in order to find out whether any reporting man is her biological father, DNA will confirm that.
Re: Please Help Me Find My Nigerian Father 'ken Sijuade' by bluespice(f): 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2010
i wish you good luck in your search

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Ten List Of Countries For Masters Degree / Cost Of Living In America - Things To Consider / Making Hair In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.