Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Urgent Please - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Urgent Please (528 Views)

Urgent Please! Vital Info Needed Regarding Puppies / Urgent Please!!!!! Help this dude� (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Please by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 30, 2017
we have four dogs 2 German shepherds and 2 ihasa apso
but the problem is that the German shepherds and the ihasa just can't stop fighting at every chance to the extent that the German shepherds are constantly chained .
just this morning they had a free for all fight one German shepherd to one ihasa and it didn't turn out well for one of the German shepherds as he's limping. .

please pet owners. . I want to know if there's a way I can get them to get along with each other and stop fighting? it's quite a big concern
Re: Urgent Please by kolokolobi(m): 9:49am On Sep 30, 2017
What are the genders of the different dogs, age.... What was the order in which they joined the pack. Was there an established pack leader as older or more dominant temperament dogs joined the pack. How did they join the pack. How where new pack members introduced and what changed for old pack members. What rules are enforced as pack began to enlarge how where this rules enforced if any. Questions that need to be answered to find a way through.
Re: Urgent Please by Greene66: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2017
Oh my.. Please answer my questions.. Thanks

1. German Shepherd is limping? At the hands of a Lhasa? That's an embarrassment!

2. Like someone mentioned above, what is the order of the pack? Is there an alpha male? Alpha female?

3. What is the cause of the fight? Are u sure it isn't about who owns what? Maybe food!

4. Are u sure it isn't play?

5. Is the alpha male's dominance exercised or he is always locked away? If yes, the Lhasa's will never respect him!

Also, take your time to read this.. https://www.nairaland.com/4049654/dog-aggression-what-it-how

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

Some general solution until you answer the questions above.

- STOP LOCKING THE GSDS AWAY AND KEEPING THE LHASA INDOORS. KEEP THEM TOGETHER. INSIDE OR OUTSIDE.

- Do not feed on same plate..

- Do not keep their plates or feed them close to each other... To prevent one from sneaking his mouth inside another.

- Identify the alpha male or female.. (usually the first dog)

- allow the first dog to eat from any plate he/she wishes.. DO NOT STOP HIM. Whenever any other dog on the plate begins to growl, reprimand that dog to stop the growling and allow the first one have his way.

- Always support the first one in all case. Even in a fight. That's how the alpha is established.

- Always keep the first one with you more than the others..

- Drop the firsts plate first before the others..

- Allow the first one to growl and snap at any other dog.. Until his alpha status is established under your umbrella.

- if you notice the first one who always start the fight is weak(na only mouth e get), reprimand him and shift your support to the tough one and declare that one alpha under your umbrella.

Even if the tough one is a Lhasa, declare it alpha.. The gsd as big as it is will respect the authority. Fighting will stop.

Summary: From my experience with multiple dogs, I've learned that fighting among peers is caused by dominance thirst or ego. One dog deliberately trying to prove a point. And another trying to prove wrong. Mostly over food and water or toys. Or who walks ahead or whose tail is high. And the solution from my experience was to declare one dog the alpha under your own authority. That so called alpha answers to you. He is more of a figure head. Once that alpha is established.. Every other dog respects and would not attempt a fight with him or among themselves. It's simple.

They won't stop fighting until the alpha is established.
Re: Urgent Please by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2017
kolokolobi:
What are the genders of the different dogs, age.... What was the order in which they joined the pack. Was there an established pack leader as older or more dominant temperament dogs joined the pack. How did they join the pack. How where new pack members introduced and what changed for old pack members. What rules are enforced as pack began to enlarge how where this rules enforced if any. Questions that need to be answered to find a way through.
Nero : he's make Ĺhasa 2 years old and he's more like the dominant male
Bray; he's the second Lhasa 1 year and 6 months. male but kinda meek and he's castrated
Randy; he's 11 months. Got him at 3 months Gsd
Nature; only female .. Gsd she's 2 years and 1 month

(1) (Reply)

Breeding Pair Boerboel Puppies Available For Sale. / 60 Days Journey For My Lhasa Aspo Mum. / Two Weeks Boerboel At Ibadan. You Can Book Yours Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.